Odin VS Gladiator (In a Fist Fight)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Odin VS Gladiator (In a Fist Fight)

no energy projection/amping. gladiator is extremely confident. no wrestling/grappling, kicking, flying. only bareknuckle punching allowed.

who wins?

Nihilist
Carvers Glads 1 shots Odin

Lord_Talron
thumb up

Black bolt z
If no amping...wouldn't gladiator win?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Nihilist

thumb up

Harbinger
Odin's just some old ass guy with an eye patch. How's he gonna see Glads if he only has one eye?

carver9
Odin one shots him.

Colossus-Big C
Does odin have any strength feats and fist fight feats like zeus does?
not saying he is weak but its impossible to say how strong he is...

JakeTheBank
An extremely weakened Odin one shot Ulik like he was a non-factor.

SasuOna
Gladiator is obviously stronger then Odin
He has confidence

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by carver9
Odin one shots him.
awehuhw

fastnuts

Hyperion Prime
I don't put Odin in the same league as Zeus. Odin is an old as man, while Zeus has quit aging. In a non-amped fist-fight Gladiator takes him.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
I don't put Odin in the same league as Zeus. Odin is an old as man, while Zeus has quit aging. In a non-amped fist-fight Gladiator takes him.

Possible, imho.

Lord_Talron
so your saying because odin is an "old man" he doesnt have any physical prowess?

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
so your saying because odin is an "old man" he doesnt have any physical prowess?

Not enough to take Gladiator.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Does odin have any strength feats and fist fight feats like zeus does?
not saying he is weak but its impossible to say how strong he is...

He had a 'tug of war' with Thanos over the gungnir spear and it seemed even strength wise.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by CosmicComet
He had a 'tug of war' with Thanos over the gungnir spear and it seemed even strength wise.

Yeah, but I am pretty sure he was Amped when they had that tug-o-war. Orignal post says he isn't amped.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Yeah but we know for sure that Glads is physically stronger then Thanos. Else Thanos wouldn't bother making a Thanosi-Glads...

carver9
I can't believe people are actually arguing against Odin outright destroying a Herald.

Hyperion Prime
I can't believe people are actually arguing against Odin outright destroying a Herald.

Name one physical unamped feat that Odin has that puts him over Gladiator. You just want everyone to lose to Sky-fathers, because Hulk got owned.

carver9
Name one physical unamped feat that Odin has that puts him over Gladiator. You just want everyone to lose to Sky-fathers, because Hulk got owned.

This has nothing to do with Hulk since I said that Gladiator would get "one shotted" and Zeus had to pound on Hulk and STILL didn't one shot him. Odin is a skyfather, Gladiator is a high Herald, the tier difference is so extreme that it doesn't matter if Odin is amped or not. He should outright DESTROY Gladiator and he should be capable of doing it in a single hit imo.

Stop bringing up Hulk because Gladiator isn't the Hulk.

Batman-Prime
This has nothing to do with Hulk since I said that Gladiator would get "one shotted" and Zeus had to pound on Hulk and STILL didn't one shot him. Odin is a skyfather, Gladiator is a high Herald, the tier difference is so extreme that it doesn't matter if Odin is amped or not. He should outright DESTROY Gladiator and he should be capable of doing it in a single hit imo.

Stop bringing up Hulk because Gladiator isn't the Hulk.

I never bothered to look at the KMC tiers close enough but I think that the KMC posters are reasonable enough to base such a list not on physical attributes only but on overall powers. A Skyfather imho could very well be someone, for example a telepath, who could destroy every mind in the Universe with a though but who couldn't lift a chair with his hands if his life would depend on it.

Colossus-Big C
just like green lanters are "herald level" but only have human strength.....

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
just like green lanters are "herald level" but only have human strength.....

thumb up

Yeah GL only h2h vs Daredevil. 2 different tiers and still DD will win.

carver9
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I never bothered to look at the KMC tiers close enough but I think that the KMC posters are reasonable enough to base such a list not on physical attributes only but on overall powers. A Skyfather imho could very well be someone, for example a telepath, who could destroy every mind in the Universe with a though but who couldn't lift a chair with his hands if his life would depend on it.

Odin and Zeus are physically Skyfathers as well. The have ALL of the skyfather qualities... strength, power output... etc, etc...

Diesldude
Originally posted by Nihilist

Carver amps glads to reduce Superman. This is why he just got him one shotted by Odin, which is much worse than the hulk getting the epic beat down by Zeus.

Batman-Prime
Odin and Zeus are physically Skyfathers as well. The have ALL of the skyfather qualities... strength, power output... etc, etc...

But it doesn't has to be higher then herald level, to make them skyfathers... unamped that is.

carver9
But it doesn't has to be higher then herald level, to make them skyfathers... unamped that is.

But what I am telling you is... everything about Odin is skyfather, not just his energy output. For a guy that can shake Galaxy while having a fist fight, no matter how much he amps, his base strength should be OUTRAGEOUS.

Damborgson
Odin doesnt have that many physical strength feats but he is pretty strong...

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/1272/odinpimpslap.jpg

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/sp/92f0f3f5cfe7d24c641e2de543aa62b7/fear-itself-01-24.jpg

http://img421.imageshack.us/img421/4995/thorvol2527025082by.jpg

Batman-Prime
But what I am telling you is... everything about Odin is skyfather, not just his energy output. For a guy that can shake Galaxy while having a fist fight, no matter how much he amps, his base strength should be OUTRAGEOUS.

Just because he is fighting an worthy opponent with fists in an comic, doesn't mean that he isn't fighting him with magic or the mind at the same time. IOW, not the fist fight but the fight in general was shaking the galaxy.

Originally posted by Damborgson
Odin doesnt have that many physical strength feats but he is pretty strong...

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/1272/odinpimpslap.jpg

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/sp/92f0f3f5cfe7d24c641e2de543aa62b7/fear-itself-01-24.jpg

http://img421.imageshack.us/img421/4995/thorvol2527025082by.jpg

Yes. Odin is strong but IMHO (maybe because of the real mythology) Thor is the strongest Asgardian, physically. He should be even stronger then his dad (if unamped), imho. I'm not lowballing Odin, he doesn't need the physical might to defeat his foes, he is a Skyfather after all.

Damborgson

Yes. Odin is strong but IMHO (maybe because of the real mythology) Thor is the strongest Asgardian, physically. He should be even stronger then his dad (if unamped), imho. I'm not lowballing Odin, he doesn't need the physical might to defeat his foes, he is a Skyfather after all. oh no it wasnt directed at you or anything just sharing. Im not sure if Odin is as strong as Gladiator or not without Magic. I assume he is but thered be no reason to ever confirm that with the power at his disposal.

zeel
under theses circumstances glads wins. Unless someone can provide scans of odin physically doing damage on a planetary scale. Without the use of his divine and magical abilities. Hell wonder Woman would probobly win, same with captian marvel , superman and any other high hearald.

gogogadgetgo

Odin's base strength sucks balls. Take away the Odin power and he'd be just be a high level Asgardian. and Asgardians are just about class 30ish-60ish.

Omega Vision
thumb up

Yeah GL only h2h vs Daredevil. 2 different tiers and still DD will win.
Wut?

Do you mean Daredevil vs a human GL without his ring? If that's the case then Daredevil wouldn't be fighting a herald, he'd be fighting a normal human.

Or do you mean Daredevil vs a GL who can't use his ring for energy/ranged/special attacks? Because if so then Daredevil certainly won't win, he'll never even phase the GL's autoshield.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Wut?

Do you mean Daredevil vs a human GL without his ring? If that's the case then Daredevil wouldn't be fighting a herald, he'd be fighting a normal human.

Or do you mean Daredevil vs a GL who can't use his ring for energy/ranged/special attacks? Because if so then Daredevil certainly won't win, he'll never even phase the GL's autoshield.

The first one. Vs a normal human being wink

carver9
Gladiator isn't winning this fight at all. You all are completely lowballing Odin.

Damborgson
Gladiator isn't winning this fight at all. You all are completely lowballing Odin. u could be right. It would only make sense for Odin to manhandle gladiator even without magic.

carver9
Exactly... the tier difference is too enormous for this to be a fight.

Omega Vision
^Him being a Skyfather isn't in of itself an iron clad argument for why he beats Heralds in h/h.

You still have to actually show instances of him beating heralds in h/h.

I'm not saying I don't think Odin wins or that those showings don't exist, just that your argument is as usual crap.

Hyperion Prime
Not at all, Odin has never went up against anyone physically without being amped who is on the level of Gladiator. Thor does so bad against Odin because that's his pops. Let's see them fight each other fist to fist without an amp on Odins part.

Damborgson
Not at all, Odin has never went up against anyone physically without being amped who is on the level of Gladiator. Oh really....

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1377/odinvswolverine.jpg

stick out tongue

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Damborgson
Oh really....

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1377/odinvswolverine.jpg

stick out tongue

Uh oh here come the Wolverine fanboys saying Wolverine was ready to gut him smile

Lord_Talron
wolverine is high herald. proof that odin can take glads. link-rape

h1a8
Glads wins. He has the better strength feats and is much faster.

Fifthchild
Im not sure that Odin is particularly strong without amping.

OTOH just possessing the Odinpower may arguably provide a pretty decent stat boost. Thor noted that Bors blow would have killed him if he did not possess the Odinpower.

I could see a lot of writers more or less ignoring the amping concept and just having him be hella strong all the time. The flipside is they probably wouldnt write him as being able to amp beyond those stats either. A large part of the amping argument comes from the handbooks IIRC.

WhiteWitchKing
Not at all, Odin has never went up against anyone physically without being amped who is on the level of Gladiator. Thor does so bad against Odin because that's his pops. Let's see them fight each other fist to fist without an amp on Odins part.

So if Odin never went up against anybody without amping as you claim, then how do you know he's physically weaker than Thor? Aside from handbooks, where in the actual comics does Odin it say or depict Odin being weaker than Thor with no amping involved?

lawest9
I notice there have been a lot of zeus threads lately, considering the physical, I may have been away from comics for a while to to economic reasons, But what is the 4-1-1 with Zeus, what have I missed?

Wodenson
Odin's physical strength tops out at Surtur level. Good luck, Kallark. There is no merit in the argument that Odin is weak without the Odin-Power enhancing him, because he always has the Odin-Power.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Wodenson
There is no merit in the argument that Odin is weak without the Odin-Power enhancing him, because he always has the Odin-Power.
Not according to these two issue!!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/300px-Thor_Vol_2_39.jpghttp://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/300px-Thor_Vol_2_40.jpg
Yeah read these issues and it will prove you dead wrong
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/FateStayNight-RinLaughing.gif

Harbinger
Common sense: not so common after all.

Wodenson
Not according to these two issue!!

There is nothing about those issues that proves me wrong. He still had the Odin-Power, even if it was diminished, and he'd still pound the living shit out of Gladiator.

Furthermore, this thread does not specify Odin being weakened.

Hyperion Prime
There is nothing about those issues that proves me wrong. He still had the Odin-Power, even if it was diminished, and he'd still pound the living shit out of Gladiator.

Furthermore, this thread does not specify Odin being weakened.

It proves he can be weak with the Odin power laughing

Wodenson
No, it proves that he can be weakened with the Odin-Power. Even at Odin's weakest, he's far superior to Gladiator.

Wodenson
In addition to one-shotting Ulik, a weakened and poisoned Odin physically defeated Brona.

Brona is one of the Enchanters, a group of sorcerers who can endow themselves with enough strength to palm-stop Thor's hammer.

JakeTheBank
In addition to one-shotting Ulik, a weakened and poisoned Odin physically defeated Brona.

Brona is one of the Enchanters, a group of sorcerers who can endow themselves with enough strength to palm-stop Thor's hammer.

thumb up

carver9

We have a keeper. This guy is pretty good.

h1a8

Brona is one of the Enchanters, a group of sorcerers who can endow themselves with enough strength to palm-stop Thor's hammer. Gladiator can palm stop Thor's hammer physically as well. Brona never stopped Thor's hammer physically so that point is invalid. Even if he did then it then it still doesn't prove anything since beating someone physically doesn't automatically mean you are stronger than them. A teenage Colossus physically koed savage Hulk but that doesn't mean he is stronger or as strong.

Also, one-shotting Ulik doesn't prove you are stronger than Glads either by another reason. Ulik isn't that powerful. Thor was always written down to him. Also, a human can oneshot a human with the same strength. Hell Ulik is a low class 100 being. By feats Glads is stronger than WWH, who pieced Herc up.

Odin, both by creation of Marvel and by mythology, isn't suppose to be stronger than Thor naturally (without amping).

He is 100% Asgardian whereas Thor is half Asgardian and half elder god which makes him a lot stronger.

IMO, based off all the physical things Odin as shown, I'll place him somewhere above Colossus and below WWH in strength.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by h1a8
Gladiator can palm stop Thor's hammer physically as well. Brona never stopped Thor's hammer physically so that point is invalid. Even if he did then it then it still doesn't prove anything since beating someone physically doesn't automatically mean you are stronger than them. A teenage Colossus physically koed savage Hulk but that doesn't mean he is stronger or as strong.

Also, one-shotting Ulik doesn't prove you are stronger than Glads either by another reason. Ulik isn't that powerful. Thor was always written down to him. Also, a human can oneshot a human with the same strength. Hell Ulik is a low class 100 being. By feats Glads is stronger than WWH, who pieced Herc up.

Odin, both by creation of Marvel and by mythology, isn't suppose to be stronger than Thor naturally (without amping).

He is 100% Asgardian whereas Thor is half Asgardian and half elder god which makes him a lot stronger.

IMO, based off all the physical things Odin as shown, I'll place him somewhere above Colossus and below WWH in strength.
thumb up

Wodenson
Gladiator can palm stop Thor's hammer physically as well.

Prove it.

Magnir did, and Brona wields the same power. Enrakt, the youngest Enchanter, also did.

Odin didn't just beat Brona. He destroyed him. It was no contest whatsoever.

Gladiator couldn't one-shot Ulik on his best day.

He's as strong as Thor, or nearly as strong.

And in practice, Gladiator is as strong as Thor, who is as strong as Hercules, who is weaker than WWH. My reasoning beats yours.

I challenge you to prove that Marvel's Odin is weaker than Thor.

Odin has the combined power of three primordial gods, plus the power he accumulated through Rune Magic. Odin is also incredibly old, and his power has peaked, while Thor is in his relative infancy.

You're welcome to believe that, but understand that there is zero evidence for that opinion.

Mindset
Didn't read any post in here, but I agree with carver.

DarkOdin
Name one physical unamped feat that Odin has that puts him over Gladiator. You just want everyone to lose to Sky-fathers, because Hulk got owned. Odin beating the crap out of Thor should be enough.

tkitna
Glads isnt winning this.

Wodenson
*whistles*

Hyperion Prime
*whistles*

That was hardly a fist fight

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin easily 10/10. Gladiator wouldn't even be able to budge the All Father.

Odin's physical strength tops out at Surtur level. Good luck, Kallark. There is no merit in the argument that Odin is weak without the Odin-Power enhancing him, because he always has the Odin-Power.

My god, someone who actually gets it.

Might as well strip Gladiator of his energy stores or Galactus of the Power Cosmic.

WhiteWitchKing
That was hardly a fist fight

lol. So again I ask, where's the actual proof than Odin is weaker than Thor physically? Thor's statement above isn't enough. While weak, One-shotting Ulik isn't enough? Here's the Brona incident.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4620/odin0001owns1.th.jpghttp://img825.imageshack.us/img825/513/odin0002owns1.th.jpg

Gladiator gets manhandled.

h1a8
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
lol. So again I ask, where's the actual proof than Odin is weaker than Thor physically? Thor's statement above isn't enough. While weak, One-shotting Ulik isn't enough? Here's the Brona incident.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4620/odin0001owns1.th.jpghttp://img825.imageshack.us/img825/513/odin0002owns1.th.jpg

Gladiator gets manhandled. The proof that Odin is weaker is through feats of Thor. One shotting Ulik doesn't prove anyone is stronger than Gladiator. I can one-shot someone of my own strength. Also Ulik is a low class 100 and thus pretty weak. Thor's statement mostly likely meant power strength and not physical strength since they were never engaged physically. The Brona incident still doesn't prove Odin is stronger than Glads. Hell it doesn't even prove that Odin is stronger than Brona.

And you guys are forgetting the most important key in this fight. SPEED! Glads gladly wins.

Note: Odin used amping in the fight with Brona as shown in his hands.

WhiteWitchKing
The proof that Odin is weaker is through feats of Thor.

Which feat. Scans. Don't talk out of your ass.

As for the brona fight, he broke the guys face and smash his head with an elbow. I see no amping there until the third attack. Ironically, it's Brona who's charging with BOTH fist and coming at Odin.

h1a8
Which feat. Scans. Don't talk out of your ass. Just about all of them in Thor's respect thread. Pick one. Odin's only strength feats are just feats that prove he is class 100. He has none that prove he is stronger than Glads.

Well the armor helped (like brass knuckles) and I see Glads able to do the same thing, no biggie there.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm seriously getting tired with this amping stupidity. I've debated the point more than once, and each time the other side has failed to provide any actual evidence.

H1n8 what the hell is an unamped Odin? It better not be something stupid like an Odin who isn't using the Odin Force.

The All Father is far stronger and tougher than Gladiator. That isn't something that is even debatable.

For the record, the Enchanters would wreck Gladiator.

Well the armor helped (like brass knuckles)

Lmao.

psycho gundam
why do you guys keep talking to him? all he's going to do is discredit (to the best of his ability) everything that doesn't coincide with whatever preconceived outcome he thought up.

JakeTheBank
It starts off funny, gets tiring, funny, and back to tiring again.

WhiteWitchKing
Just about all of them in Thor's respect thread. Pick one. Odin's only strength feats are just feats that prove he is class 100. He has none that prove he is stronger than Glads.

I'm not going to dig through pages of a respect thread to find this. You have anything at all so stop stalling.

Because Brona didn't have armor as well? So Odin is fighting Gladiator without armor? Thor didn't do the same. Gladiator didn't do the same to Thor. Both would get punked by Odin.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It starts off funny, gets tiring, funny, and back to tiring again. i like how his hp doomsday argument arsenal goes out the window for other characters. apparently odin actually needs to lift things to show his superiority in combat.

people shit all over carver, but at least he's consistent

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i like how his hp doomsday argument arsenal goes out the window for other characters. apparently odin actually needs to lift things to show his superiority in combat.

people shit all over carver, but at least he's consistent

thumb up

Carver's a good kid when he's not hyping up Gladiator and/or WWH/current Hulk to absurd levels.

psycho gundam
no he's not

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by psycho gundam
no he's not

Lol I meant to put when he's not doing that.

Whoops!

In all seriousness, though, I don't mind Carv. Much.

psycho gundam
their posts go beyond face palming, face punching works better to erase some of the memories by shattering neuron paths stick out tongue

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm seriously getting tired with this amping stupidity. I've debated the point more than once, and each time the other side has failed to provide any actual evidence.

H1n8 what the hell is an unamped Odin? It better not be something stupid like an Odin who isn't using the Odin Force.

The All Father is far stronger and tougher than Gladiator. That isn't something that is even debatable.

For the record, the Enchanters would wreck Gladiator.

Lmao. No disrespect to the All father. But I feel his creators created him to be physically weaker than Thor (and by actual mythology). Odin is 100% Asgardian where Thor is half Asgardian and half elder god (which gives him greater strength than any Asgardian). Also, Odin was listed in official handbooks as being weaker than Thor (Thor being the strongest of all the Asgardians). I know what you are going to say. But handbooks are truth ONLY IF there exists no contradictory evidence otherwise.

Who cares about who wrecks who? My primary argument is who is stronger, nothing more. Wrecking someone has nothing to do with who is stronger in general. IMO, Glads would easily wreck the enchanters in a physical fight if he fought at his best ability.

To be clear, there is no evidence whatsoever that Odin is stronger than Glads (at high confidence) and certainly no evidence that he is stronger than his own son.

I'm not going to dig through pages of a respect thread to find this. You have anything at all so stop stalling.

Because Brona didn't have armor as well? So Odin is fighting Gladiator without armor? Thor didn't do the same. Gladiator didn't do the same to Thor. Both would get punked by Odin.

Ok. I'll pick a random feat. Thor with Bill's help lifts Asgard. I'm arguing who is stronger. I already knows who wins. Who cares if Odin has his armor in this fight. You used the feat to show that he is stronger than Glads. You failed.

carver9
I can not "believe" this thread is still going on but I see why, its only one person that is voting for Glads. Please let H1 win this so that this thread can disappear... I don't like seeing my boy Glads in a battle where he outright get his scalp caved in.

leonidas
Originally posted by leonidas
can we please stop putting herald guys against skyfathers and pretending like it might be a fight?

Wodenson
Here is Heimdall, with a small portion of the Odin-Power, beating the tar out of Masterson-Thor.

Newjak
agreed

Rage.Of.Olympus
No disrespect to the All father. But I feel his creators created him to be physically weaker than Thor (and by actual mythology). Odin is 100% Asgardian where Thor is half Asgardian and half elder god (which gives him greater strength than any Asgardian). Also, Odin was listed in official handbooks as being weaker than Thor (Thor being the strongest of all the Asgardians). I know what you are going to say. But handbooks are truth ONLY IF there exists no contradictory evidence otherwise.

I don't give a shit what you believe. You have no proof to support your stance.

There exists plenty of evidence. You just have no idea of what you're talking about.

Who cares about who wrecks who? My primary argument is who is stronger, nothing more. Wrecking someone has nothing to do with who is stronger in general. IMO, Glads would easily wreck the enchanters in a physical fight if he fought at his best ability.

Have you even read a single comic that included the Enchanters?

To be clear, there is no evidence whatsoever that Odin is stronger than Glads (at high confidence) and certainly no evidence that he is stronger than his own son.

The Odin Force:
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/9349/thor43415.jpg
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/9939/thor43416.jpg
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8447/thor43417.jpg

Vs.

Gladiator:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGladiator02.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/MastersonThorvsGladiator04.jpg

Can you tell the difference?

h1a8
Here is Heimdall, with a small portion of the Odin-Power, beating the tar out of Masterson-Thor.
This is not Odin and it still doesn't show he is stronger for Thor is still standing.

I don't give a shit what you believe. You have no proof to support your stance.

There exists plenty of evidence. You just have no idea of what you're talking about.

Have you even read a single comic that included the Enchanters? I gave the proof. I said Marvel created Thor to be the strongest Asgardian due to him being half elder god. It is even in the official handbooks and mythology in which Thor is based off.

Of course I've seen comics which the enchanters. They have no strength feats that put them over Gladiator. Thor fought one to a standstill, although fighting someone to a standstill doesn't prove the stronger.

The first scans are not valid. They are heimdall and not Odin. For all I'm concerned heimdall was already strong as hell, possibly far stronger than Odin without the Odin power. Adding the Odin power to him would make him far stronger than Odin. With that said, heimdall didn't display any strength greater than Thor. He just displayed awesome durability. And when he struck, Masterson wasn't even koed or knocked down. Glads hit Masterson a few times and he was almost ktfo. Masterson only affected Glads to that level because of the cheapshot lightning which stunned him and made him more vulnerable. Thus yes I see a big difference. Your turn.

Wodenson
This is not Odin and it still doesn't show he is stronger for Thor is still standing.

Heimdall had a small portion of the Odin-Power, and was delivering a bare-fisted, one-sided beating to Masterson with him admitting that he couldn't win.

You don't need to knock someone out to prove that you're stronger than them. You made up that standard, and no one but you is going to adhere to it. So if you're just trying convince yourself, be my guest.

Also, the handbooks are not valid, and you are referencing an outdated entry.

Your turn. This time try to bring some evidence, and not, you know, absolutely nothing.

h1a8
Heimdall had a small portion of the Odin-Power, and was delivering a bare-fisted, one-sided beating to Masterson with him admitting that he couldn't win.

You don't need to knock someone out to prove that you're stronger than them. You made up that standard, and no one but you is going to adhere to it. So if you're just trying convince yourself, be my guest.

Also, the handbooks are not valid, and you are referencing an outdated entry.

Your turn. This time try to bring some evidence, and not, you know, absolutely nothing. It could have been a big portion, why you say small?

Doesn't matter if Thor admitted he can't win. That doesn't prove stronger.
Heimdall was also too durable, almost like Juggernaut. Juggernaut beat down Thor doesn't mean he was stronger. Thor wasn't koed or at least knocked down and remained coherent. Thus those blows were nothing to the blows of other herald level beings.

I didn't say you needed to knock someone out to prove you are stronger. I said that since he didn't ko Thor then he DEFINITELY IS NOT STRONGER than Glads. See the difference?

It's like in Calculus, if an infinite series fails the test for divergence then it doesn't mean it the series converges. But if it does pass the test for divergence then it DEFINITELY DOESN'T CONVERGE.

Wodenson
It could have been a big portion, why you say small?

At the time Odin gave Heimdall the Odin-Power, his power had ebbed to such a point that he was experiencing seizures. Odin said he may have needed years of Odin-Sleep to recover his power.

So Eric being physically manhandled by Heimdall, with a clear admission that he couldn't win, isn't evidence that an Odin-Powered being is stronger than Thor. Got it.

Especially since Thor was weakened when Juggernaut beat him down. In other words, not the same thing.

So if Mangog hit Thor and didn't knock him out, you'd say that he was not stronger than Gladiator? I just want to know who I'm arguing against here.

carver9
Well, Gladiator did hit Masterson with a single punch that was strong enough to take him out of the fight (stated that he couldn't even hardly stand after the blow). That was the first punch that was thrown during that fight and Masterson was out. That still doesn't mean that Glads can hang with Odin but Glads punching power is insane.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well, Gladiator did hit Masterson with a single punch that was strong enough to take him out of the fight (stated that he couldn't even hardly stand after the blow). That was the first punch that was thrown during that fight and Masterson was out. That still doesn't mean that Glads can hang with Odin but Glads punching power is insane.

Stop making stuff up.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by h1a8 I gave the proof. I said Marvel created Thor to be the strongest Asgardian due to him being half elder god. It is even in the official handbooks and mythology in which Thor is based off.

That's not evidence. That's something you pulled out of your ass. Thor's power is derived mostly from Odin. Who cares if half of his heritage is than of an Elder God? Handbooks are useless as actual evidence unless somehow supported by the comics. You have no actual argument which is why you're obsessed with entries.

Originally posted by h1a8 Of course I've seen comics which the enchanters. They have no strength feats that put them over Gladiator. Thor fought one to a standstill, although fighting someone to a standstill doesn't prove the stronger.

I'd be shocked. An Enchanter is at least a peer to Thor strength wise. They're easily equal to Gladiator strength. Noticeably superior most likely however.

Originally posted by h1a8 The first scans are not valid. They are heimdall and not Odin. For all I'm concerned heimdall was already strong as hell, possibly far stronger than Odin without the Odin power. Adding the Odin power to him would make him far stronger than Odin. With that said, heimdall didn't display any strength greater than Thor. He just displayed awesome durability. And when he struck, Masterson wasn't even koed or knocked down. Glads hit Masterson a few times and he was almost ktfo. Masterson only affected Glads to that level because of the cheapshot lightning which stunned him and made him more vulnerable. Thus yes I see a big difference. Your turn.

Heimdall only possessed a portion of the Odin Power:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/34/thor45017.jpg/

The notion that Heimdall is stronger with a portion of the Odin Power than Odin is while not weakened is insane.

facepalm at Heimdall being stronger than Odin.

Gladiator did not come close to achieving a knock out. He was more formidable in combat due to Masterson's lack of experience. They were peers in strength. Heimdall however was portrayed as noticeably superior in terms of raw might/strength.

Anytime Gladiator is struck by Thor or a peer, he is rocked pretty noticeably. Do you think he'd shrug off a blow like Heimdall if he wasn't stunned by lightning?

I realize this is all pointless however. You make shit up on the spot, think Gladiator is somehow noticeably stronger than Thor at some made up level. So I'm done.

Present some comic evidence or concede. I'm going to attempt to avoid debating you unless it's a battlezone or something.

Wodenson
Gladiator is not stronger than an Enchanter.

Edit: Not letting me upload an image this time. It's of Magnir no-selling a two-handed swing from Thor's hammer. A feat Gladiator could never equal.

h1a8
That's not evidence. That's something you pulled out of your ass. Thor's power is derived mostly from Odin. Who cares if half of his heritage is than of an Elder God? Handbooks are useless as actual evidence unless somehow supported by the comics. You have no actual argument which is why you're obsessed with entries.

I'd be shocked. An Enchanter is a peer to Thor strength wise. They would at least rival Gladiator's strength. Official Handbooks (not any handbook) ARE based on both comics and writer's opinions. But there are errors. That is why we can use them if there is no contradicting evidence in comics.

A portion could mean anything, it could mean 1/3, 1/4, etc. Without the Odin power both Heimdall and Thor are stronger than Odin. Gladiator did come close to knocking him out. A few more blows Thor would have been out. What comic did you read? An average Glads is peers with Thor in strength but certainly not a high confidence Glads. Yes Heimdalls durability was greater than Glads. But durability is durability and strength is strength. I just disagree with using someone elses feats to credit another character. Odin never shown that type of physical strength and durability against physical force like Heimdall showed (Heimdall didn't show a lot of strength though).
High confidence Glads by quantifiable feats is stronger than Thor. Why is this debatable? Glads isn't always at high confidence or strength in comics.

And what did I make up? Everything I said was based off of something.

h1a8
Gladiator is not stronger than an Enchanter.

Edit: Not letting me upload an image this time. It's of Magnir no-selling a two-handed swing from Thor's hammer. A feat Gladiator could never equal. There was a thread here not to long ago as to who can palm Thor's hammer swing with one hand. Nearly everyone here said Glads can do it.

leonidas
Official Handbooks (not any handbook) ARE based on both comics and writer's opinions. But there are errors. That is why we can use them if there is no contradicting evidence in comics.

A portion could mean anything, it could mean 1/3, 1/4, etc. Without the Odin power both Heimdall and Thor are stronger than Odin. Gladiator did come close to knocking him out. A few more blows Thor would have been out. What comic did you read? An average Glads is peers with Thor in strength but certainly not a high confidence Glads. Yes Heimdalls durability was greater than Glads. But durability is durability and strength is strength. I just disagree with using someone elses feats to credit another character. Odin never shown that type of physical strength and durability against physical force like Heimdall showed (Heimdall didn't show a lot of strength though).
High confidence Glads by quantifiable feats is stronger than Thor. Why is this debatable? Glads isn't always at high confidence or strength in comics.

so what you are trying to say is that odin (just PRIOR to the odin power being bequeathed to him by his brothers) was not as strong as gladiator? is that correct? because otherwise, i'm not understanding how you are viewing odin MINUS the odin-power when they are essentially inseperable.

carver9

So since Hulk lifting feats>>Zeus he should have beat him huh or did Hulk lose because he was facing a skyfather. Think for a bit about this, a Skyfather vs. Herald.

wildernesss
glads punching power would be roughly related to speed x strength.
why is it hard to imagine that his punches would be more powerful than a baseline strength odin? if you don't agree that an extremely confident gladiator is stronger than an unamped odin...surely gladiator's speed would even up (or exceed) the punching power at the very least. besides, how would odin even land a single blow on someone as fast as gladiator?

Wodenson
Gladiator couldn't palm-stop a two-handed swing. There's a difference. Another Enchanter, Enrakt, physically manhandled Thor in a later issue. Gladiator cannot do these things. Give it up.

The 60 ton ranking was based primarily on ONE opinion, and it was Peter Sanderson's. He also said that Odin couldn't move planets, read minds, or time-travel.

There is no basis in comics for any of this. Quite the contrary. Opinions are worth nothing unless they see print. And I mean canon print, not handbooks.

In THOR #351, Odin withstood a blow from Surtur, wielding Twilight, which shook the Nine Worlds. It was Surtur's best swing.

leonidas
i can accept glads being stronger than odin just before he received the odin-power. if i remember that simonson arc correctly, he was a relatively older asgardian when he got the power, who was in all probability past his prime. the odin-power though is inseperable from current odin. there is no 'odin-powerless' odin. there is just odin WITH the odin-power and that would place him light years above glads by definition.

Wodenson
Originally posted by wildernesss
glads punching power would be roughly related to speed x strength.

You'd think so, but this is not the case. Otherwise he'd dominate Thor and the like, which he doesn't do.

The same way Thor does, only easier.

carver9
Stop making stuff up.

Post the first punch then. Let's see what Masterson say while struggling to get on his feat.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Official Handbooks (not any handbook) ARE based on both comics and writer's opinions. But there are errors. That is why we can use them if there is no contradicting evidence in comics.

Handbooks have outright made shit up and directly contradicted comics. This is particularly the case with Odin and the bio in which the 60 ton ranking originated in. They are pointless as evidence of actual power levels.

A portion could mean anything, it could mean 1/3, 1/4, etc. Without the Odin power both Heimdall and Thor are stronger than Odin.

It was clear that Heimdall was intended to have a small portion of Odin's power. Hence the inclusion of the word "only". Besides, Heimdall was empowered by a noticeably weakened Odin.

Without the Odin Power, Odin would be powerless similar to how Gladiator would be powerless without the energy that empowers him. Stupid argument is stupid.

Gladiator did come close to knocking him out. A few more blows Thor would have been out.

Masterson claimed he was sore, which is understandable after getting struck in quick concession by an enraged peer trying to kill you. There wasn't any indication that he was about to black out however.

Be more specific. If Gladiator kept pounding away, it's entirely possible that he could have knocked Eric out. It's also entirely possible that if Masterson pounded on Gladiator with a few hammer strikes, he'd beat him to death.

What comic did you read? An average Glads is peers with Thor in strength but certainly not a high confidence Glads.

So who gets to decide what's an average Gladiator? You? Gladiator was described as possessing near infinite strength or whatever bullshit you get hard over in his battle with Masterson. Under three different pens, it was made clear that Thor is at bare minimum a peer of Gladiator's strength wise.

I've already explained how the confidence factor works. Just because he has a bigger bulge on a certain day doesn't mean he gets more powerful. He always operates at optimal efficiency, but gets weaker the less confident he gets.

Yes Heimdalls durability was greater than Glads. But durability is durability and strength is strength. I just disagree with using someone elses feats to credit another character. Odin never shown that type of physical strength and durability against physical force like Heimdall showed (Heimdall didn't show a lot of strength though).

erm

Clearly when a character no sells punches in comic, most of the time writers aren't trying to illustrate a noticeable strength edge.

That's not an argument. Heimdall was noticeably less more powerful than Odin. Hence whatever he does, Odin can accomplish far more easily.

Like what? Busting a planet of unknown size? I honestly wouldn't be surprised with you.

And if that is the case, here are some of Thor's more notable feats:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/AplanetBuster3.jpg

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/WithstandsNeutronStar1.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/WithstandsNeutronStar2.jpg

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ResistsGraviton1.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ResistsGraviton2.jpg

You pull shit out of your ass constantly.

So are you going to post some evidence or concede? If not, let's agree to a battle zone at the end of the month.

carver9
Gladiator couldn't palm-stop a two-handed swing. There's a difference. Another Enchanter, Enrakt, physically manhandled Thor in a later issue. Gladiator cannot do these things. Give it up.

The 60 ton ranking was based primarily on ONE opinion, and it was Peter Sanderson's. He also said that Odin couldn't move planets, read minds, or time-travel.

There is no basis in comics for any of this. Quite the contrary. Opinions are worth nothing unless they see print. And I mean canon print, not handbooks.

In THOR #351, Odin withstood a blow from Surtur, wielding Twilight, which shook the Nine Worlds. It was Surtur's best swing.

I know I have already said this but this guy is good. I think we have found the person to take Rage place as the person with Thor knowledge.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Post the first punch then. Let's see what Masterson say while struggling to get on his feat.

A speeding Gladiator strikes Masterson:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator3.jpg

The first punch.

Gladiator lands a blow when Masterson relaxes:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator4.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator5.jpg

The second punch. Doesn't even come close to fitting your description:
Well, Gladiator did hit Masterson with a single punch that was strong enough to take him out of the fight (stated that he couldn't even hardly stand after the blow). That was the first punch that was thrown during that fight and Masterson was out.

carver9
A speeding Gladiator strikes Masterson:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator3.jpg

The first punch.

Gladiator lands a blow when Masterson relaxes:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator4.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator5.jpg

The second punch. Doesn't even come close to fitting your description:

He looks pretty staggered to me.

Sr J-Bieb
Odin wins 10/10

At best Glads can punch him around, maybe catch him off balance.

carver9
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Odin wins 10/10

At best Glads can punch him around, maybe catch him off balance.

No... just no.

Sr J-Bieb
No... just no. You're right, I was a little too nice on Glads.

Odin wins 10/10

Gladiator wouldn't even be able to move him

Rage.Of.Olympus
No... just no.

I agree with Carver, Gladiator wouldn't even be able to budge Odin.

He looks pretty staggered to me.

At least you can admit when you're wrong.

It hurt him, but I'd wager good money if they traded bodies, the outcome would be the same. They were more or less equal strength wise but Masterson was clumsy, hesitant, and whiny. He was no warrior.

carver9
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
You're right, I was a little too nice on Glads.

Odin wins 10/10

Gladiator wouldn't even be able to move him

That's better.

Odin stomps/one shots him.

carver9
I agree with Carver, Gladiator wouldn't even be able to budge Odin.

At least you can admit when you're wrong.

It hurt him, but I'd wager good money if they traded bodies, the outcome would be the same. They were more or less equal strength wise but Masterson was clumsy, hesitant, and whiny. He was no warrior.

I'm not saying that I was wrong... Gladiator punches did some serious damage to Masterson, especially during the end.

I don't think Masterson punches would do the same to Gladiator imo. His blasting powerr (while Gladiator was aware) bounced off of Gladiator chest like he threw tissue paper at him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm not saying that I was wrong... Gladiator punches did some serious damage to Masterson, especially during the end.

laughing out loud

I guess it's my fault for giving you the benefit of the doubt. Let's recap. Here's what you said:
Well, Gladiator did hit Masterson with a single punch that was strong enough to take him out of the fight (stated that he couldn't even hardly stand after the blow). That was the first punch that was thrown during that fight and Masterson was out.

Here's what happened:

You were wrong. Are you surgically attached to his purple testicles? If not, why would you go so far as to make yourself seem mentally challenged just to make Gladiator look better than he actually is?

In the end, Masterson was once again hurt, but he wasn't about to black out or anything of the sort:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator6.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator7.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator8.jpg

I don't think Masterson punches would do the same to Gladiator imo. His blasting powerr (while Gladiator was aware) bounced off of Gladiator chest like he threw tissue paper at him.

Unfortunately, I disagree greatly. Tissue paper can hurt Kallark? What kind of fan are you?

For the record, Masterson doesn't know how to properly utilize the hammer as illustrated in his battle with Ronan:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsRonan1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsRonan2.jpg

If that was the true Thor, it'd be similar to this:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsGladiator9.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsGladiator10.jpg

carver9
laughing out loud

I guess it's my fault for giving you the benefit of the doubt. Let's recap. Here's what you said:

Here's what happened:

You were wrong. Are you surgically attached to his purple testicles? If not, why would you go so far as to make yourself seem mentally challenged just to make Gladiator look better than he actually is?

In the end, Masterson was once again hurt, but he wasn't about to black out or anything of the sort:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator6.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator7.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator8.jpg

Unfortunately, I disagree greatly. Tissue paper can hurt Kallark? What kind of fan are you?

For the record, Masterson doesn't know how to properly utilize the hammer as illustrated in his battle with Ronan:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsRonan1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsRonan2.jpg

If that was the true Thor, it'd be similar to this:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsGladiator9.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsGladiator10.jpg

So Masterson wasn't hurt by Gladiator punches? Masterson didn't look like he was struggling to get up?

I never said that Masterson was as good as Thor but their durability was pretty much equal.

As for the scans of the Thor and Gladiator fight, no need to respond to that since it wasn't the real Glads. If it was the real one, Thor probably would have gotten the Masterson treatment.

That blast that Masterson shot at Gladiator bounced completely off of him.

h1a8
At the time Odin gave Heimdall the Odin-Power, his power had ebbed to such a point that he was experiencing seizures. Odin said he may have needed years of Odin-Sleep to recover his power.

Correct! It isn't. I don't go by characters words but what is shown on panel. If I did then I'll accept that Sentry=Galactus.

Comics don't work that way. A character has full abilities in a fight unless they are portrayed (by narration or statements) to be weakened. Almost like a cartoon getting blown up and have bandages on but in the next scene they are as good as new. This is moot anyway since my point is that Juggs is invulnerable and not necessarily stronger than Thor even if he beats him down.

If mangog had no other feats of strength then yes, him not knocking Thor out does mean he is not stronger. Mangog mostly shown was durability. His strength, as shown from other feats, I would say was probably twice that of Thor's at most.

Wodenson
Correct! It isn't. I don't go by characters words but what is shown on panel. If I did then I'll accept that Sentry=Galactus.

If Galactus was being manhandled by Sentry, and Galactus admitted that he couldn't beat Sentry, you wouldn't accept this as proof of superiority?

I know how comics work.

You mean like when Thor stated that his defeated condition was due to his bouts of weakness, and not the Juggernaut?

Just to clarify: If Mangog dominated Thor, but did not land a finishing blow, you'd consider him weaker than Gladiator?

I think you're quite a ways off the mark.

Stoic
With no amp Gladiator ***** slaps Odin. Odin is a class 70 or some such.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Stoic

This is correct. You sir know your stuff.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Stoic

lol. which canon book did you get the class 70 reference from. Or just another hater talking out of his ass.

JakeTheBank
Lol @ people capping Odin at 60-70 tons.

Batman-Prime
It's because of the Hanbooks.IIRCthey listed Odin tobe Class 70 and Zeus to be Class 90,unamped. Which makes perfect sense IMHO since Thor should be the strongest Asgardian with Class 100 and Hercules the strongest Olympian with Class 100.
As Skyfather they should, however, be able to amp their stats to 100+ with ease.

AndI know that a lot of people hate the Handbooks but honestly, I like them and think they are quite accurate and unbiased, even if I disagree with some things. The comic writers are more inconsistent then the people who wrote those books ^^.

Hyperion Prime
AndI know that a lot of people hate the Handbooks but honestly, I like them and think they are quite accurate and unbiased, even if I disagree with some things.

I agree with this 100%

carver9
Odin kills Gladiator (even though Glads has the best handbook PL on KMC smile...).

Harbinger
Gonna have to agree with Jake and Rage: handbooks are crap.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Harbinger

thumb up

Colossus-Big C

thumb down

Omega Vision
thumb up

carver9

Seems onpoint to me.

-Pr-
Handbooks are at best a secondary source of information. They're generally not usable, especially when it comes to power levels. Bada and I have always treated them as such...

h1a8
If Galactus was being manhandled by Sentry, and Galactus admitted that he couldn't beat Sentry, you wouldn't accept this as proof of superiority? Hell no! Also know that superiority is one thing and superior strength is another. Heimdall had superior durability on his side.

I don't doubt this. I just need to see it. Please post a scan or link or just me the issue number.

Mangog dominated Thor due to his superior durability. If Mangog had the same durability as Thor but kept his same strength then Mangog wouldn't have dominated Thor. He would have actually lost the fight.
With that said, I view Glads at high confidence stronger than Thor (not by a whole lot though) and Mangog about twice as strong as Thor.
So mangog IMO would be either equals to Glads (at high confidence) or slightly weaker. But note: Mangog is stronger than average confidence Glads.

Name one feat Mangog did that put his strength is more than twice that of Thor's. Because if I'm twice as strong as someone then I'm going to manhandle them like a rag doll.

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

Do you have any available time coming up h1n8? We can do a battlezone regarding Thor's/Gladiator's strength. Or at least make a specific thread where we go feat for feat for the two.

I'll be honest, proving that Gladiator is twice as strong as Thor is a task too daunting for me. Of course, I'm only half as knowledgeable as you when it comes to the characters.

Mindset
I'll BZ Glads vs Odin in hth.

no energy projection/amping. gladiator is extremely confident. no wrestling/grappling, kicking, flying. only bareknuckle punching allowed.

carver9
laughing out loud

Do you have any available time coming up h1n8? We can do a battlezone regarding Thor's/Gladiator's strength. Or at least make a specific thread where we go feat for feat for the two.

I'll be honest, proving that Gladiator is twice as strong as Thor is a task too daunting for me. Of course, I'm only half as knowledgeable as you when it comes to the characters.

You would lose.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You up for the challenge Carver?

carver9
You up for the challenge Carver?

Why would I when you honesltyonly have nothing but hyperbolic statements to aid you whereas I have on panel showings to aid mine. I can put up one scan from Glads that would make all of Thor physical showings look like sh**. You will have no way of countering it.

All of this is pointless since I give Thor a high majority against him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So that's a no? It seems you don't really believe Gladiator has any strength edge over Thor. And here I thought you were a true fan of Gladiator. I guess I was wrong.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Double post.

carver9
Why would I when you honesltyonly have nothing but hyperbolic statements to aid you whereas I have on panel showings to aid mine. I can put up one scan from Glads that would make all of Thor physical showings look like sh**. You will have no way of countering it.

All of this is pointless since I give Thor a high majority against him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
How about next weekend? We can limit it to only a few posts so it shouldn't take even an entire day.

Wodenson
Hell no!

Then we're not even speaking the same language if both visuals and admission are not sufficient proof of superiority. I mean, what else is there?

See the attached scan.

Durability is what allowed Mangog to shrug off Thor's attacks. Strength is what allowed Mangog to bust Thor's arm and knock him out with little effort.

The Destroyer is even more durable than Mangog, and it doesn't slap Thor around as badly as Mangog does (with strength). Not by half.

How do you explain this?

You must have a real love-on for Gladiator.

With a shrug, Mangog sent millions of tons worth of boulders careering through the air like 'grains of sand'. He killed 100 'elite' Asgardians within the 'space of a heartbeat'. He flattened an army of consisting of several hundred Asgardians with one punch. When Thor threw Mjolnir at Mangog, he simply punched it back at him.

Your turn, o' confident Gladiator.

You mean like when Mangog was carrying Ulik around helplessly with one hand? Or like when Mangog literally chewed Thor up and spit him out like a bad yam?

Parmaniac
Rage and Carv should meet each other somewhere.

carver9
How about next weekend? We can limit it to only a few posts so it shouldn't take even an entire day.

How about we do it now. My one scan that you'll never beat.

Gladiator not only survives a blast capable of destroying half of the solar system without a scratch, he PHYSICALLY CONTAINS THE BLAST SO TIGHT THAT HE CREATES A STAR. Like I said, you will not find anything to beat this.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/wtfshipmh5.jpg/

No need for a battlezone.

Rage.Of.Olympus
A far more impressive feat of durability:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsCelestials2.jpg

Thor without a doubt has more impressive feats of strength but if you want something Star related, here you go:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/WithstandsNeutronStar1.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/WithstandsNeutronStar2.jpg

h1a8

It was clear that Heimdall was intended to have a small portion of Odin's power. Hence the inclusion of the word "only". Besides, Heimdall was empowered by a noticeably weakened Odin.

Without the Odin Power, Odin would be powerless similar to how Gladiator would be powerless without the energy that empowers him. Stupid argument is stupid. "Only" was to mean he didn't have all of it. Again it could have been 1/3, 1/4, 4/7, etc. I disagree with the Odin Power logic. The power was named after Odin since he was he who acquired it from his brothers. He wasn't born with it. Without it he still can live as a normal Asgardian hybrid. And Odin did have powers and strength before the Odin power. Thus he wouldn't be powerless without it.

I agree. I'm just noting differences in the heimdall vs. Gladiator fight.

Gladiator's strength is dependent upon his confidence. Thus an average Gladiator would mean one with average confidence. If that is the case then Odin wins hands down. But using a very high confidence Glads is a different story. Glads would now have the strength and speed edge on his side. And everyone here (including you) are using Odin's high feats to determine that he would be stronger than Glads. Or the bias fact that since he is a skyfather then he SHOULD be stronger by definition.

I agree. That is why I'm only arguing for a full confidence (or at least very high) Glads.

But Odin never shown to be as physically strong as Glads. Even Heimdall hasn't shown it. I disagree with selling punches logic. The evidence is in the effect and not in the talking. We have hyperbole all over the place. I'm more of a what is shown type of guy and less of what a writer is trying to portray type of guy. Otherwise, many feats have to be unusable since writers didn't know how much it took to do a feat and had characters doing stuff outside of their intended bounds.

Note: I said quantifiable feats. I have to disagree that Thor had the gravity of a neutron star since the Earth underneath him didn't break unto him. If we accept the logic though that would mean that Planets have super human durability that are able to withstand the force of a neutron star pulling on them without breaking to pieces. And that would mean Glads feat is far more greater. In general, I don't accept what is said but rather what is shown.

I never do such a thing. I may use math to back up what I say or even other comic evidence but never do I pull made up stuff out of my arse. You can name almost anything, I will either state a comic feat which holds the evidence to what I said or show you the math to what I said.

carver9
A far more impressive feat of durability:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsCelestials2.jpg

I don't care about the durability of the scan. Did you not read my post or the scan. Gladiator CONTAINED the blast and he CONTAINED it to the point that it created another star. Thor has no physical strength feats to match that.

leonidas
and to both i say..... wut? carver, where exactly do you see it stated that he PHYSICALLY created a star.....? and rage--i don't see those blasts as being>solar system destroying power....

but don't let me interrupt. big grin

carver9
Thor without a doubt has more impressive feats of strength but if you want something Star related, here you go:

Just like I thought...

Wodenson
Gladiator did not contain the power of a star. He contained the power of a large blast, off-panel, using means which were never identified in the story.

carver9
and to both i say..... wut? carver, where exactly do you see it stated that he PHYSICALLY created a star.....? and rage--i don't see those blasts as being>solar system destroying power....

but don't let me interrupt. big grin

Gladiator powers are heat vision, ice breath, xray vision, and super strength/super speed.

carver9
Gladiator did not contain the power of a star. He contained the power of a large blast, off-panel, using means which were never identified in the story.

He contained the blast to the point that it "created a star".

leonidas
Gladiator powers are heat vision, ice breath, xray vision, and super strength/super speed.

and? where does it say he used, well, any of those powers, to create a star again? mjollnir contained a celestial blast that ALSO ended up becoming a star. galactus died and created a star. how exactly did he use PHYSICAL STRENGTH to make a star? how do you even jump to such an illogical conclusion?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>