Mace Windu & Depa Billaba run the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediMaster97
15 minutes between every fight

1.Luminara Unduli & Barriss Offee
2.TPM Obi-Wan & Qui Gon
3.ROTS Obi-Wan & Anakin
4.Cade Skywalker & Wolf Sazen
5.LOTF Jacen & Jaina
6.ROTS Sidious & ESB Vader
7.Satele Shan & Revan
8.FOTJ Luke & Kyp Durron

Jinsoku Takai
Only 15 minutes then they fall at 6.

Nephthys
Makes it to number 6 imo. Depa can't stand up to either Sidious or Vaders force attacks and then the two double-team Windu.

If not then 8 definately finishes them.

ares834
6?

They fall at 3 imo. Honestly what has Depa ever done that puts her on their level... Have accolades from Mace Windu? Because Windu gives plenty of praise to both Kenobi and Anakin calling Kenobi "THE master" and Anakin the "most powerful Jedi".

Lord Lucien
He's a very generous man, when he wants to be.

I see #3 too. 15 minutes isn't enough of a respite. RotS Obi and Anakin are not push overs. No Dark Side, either, so they don't even a complete Vaapad to rely on. Should Mace pull some wicked cool shit and beat them (Depa's dead by this point), then Cade and Wolf will finish him off.

Q99
Yea. Honestly 3 should be bumped up a slot or two.

Stealth Moose
To be quite honest, I can see Depa and Mace taking Anakin and Obi-Wan. Chiefly, Depa and Mace work just as well if not better as a team, and they've worked together longer, actually having developed and perfected a style that they both share. While Anakin and Obi-Wan know each other and compliment each other in battle, they have their share of issues too; namely, Anakin's all balls to the wall and Obi-Wan is passive, his offense being relatively shoddy since it's not Soresu-style.

Unless we're going to automatically assume Anakin taps his natural 20 roll versus Plot Induced Uberness every single time he fights, I can't conclusively put him on a level above two Vaapad masters. Keep in mind that Vaapad masters are virtual masters of multiple forms, Anakin's included.

Even worst case scenario - Depa squaring off against Anakin, she should be able to keep him on the defensive with typical Vaapad blurring speed and seemingly unpredictable movements while Mace pummels Obi-Wan into submission. Mace sports a considerable Force level over Obi too, so the idea of Force pushing him out of the fight and them double teaming Anakin is not out of the question.

Same thing with ROTS Sidious and ESB Vader. Vader's not considerably strong enough to oust Depa before Mace can own Sidious. If Mace doesn't go for Sidious (which would be considerably out of character) first, then it could be much closer. I don't see any evidence of Vader and Sidious being complimentary in combat though.

I can see Mace and Depa having trouble with some groups, but it's not inconceivable that they could make it to 8 before losing conclusively.

RagingBoner
What, exactly, does Depa have going for her beyond Windu's praise?

RagingBoner
Luminara and Barriss have been shown to be reasonably talented, but not capable enough of holding their own against Mace. Depa's overkill and unnecessary: Windu's powerful enough to manhandle the two of them alone.

This fight is a little better, and while Depa might be a relative featless wonder, she's still a respected Master and practitioner of Vaapad. She'll be more than a match for Obi-Wan, while Windu's superior skill, Force powers, and physique allow him to overcome Qui-Gon handily.

Mace might not be the prodigious Force user that Dooku is, but his Force powers (especially in The Clone Wars cartoon, specifically during the siege of Ryloth) are noticeably stronger than either Obi-Wan's or Anakin's. His bladework is also superior, though in a strict match he'd likely have a devil of a time bypassing Obi-Wan's defenses. With his Force powers, the shatterpoint charism, and use of Vaapad, he'll defeat either opponent unless Skywalker is in his uber-form. Depa might not be enough to defeat Anakin, but I believe Obi-Wan isn't so powerful as to annihilate her. She'll hold her own against Obi-Wan and Mace can defeat Anakin.

Not my era, can't comment.

If by Jacen, you mean Caedus, then they'll stop here. Caedus is powerful enough to defeat Kyle Katarn and a squad of Jedi Knights by himself; capable enough to hold his own against Luke Skywalker drawing on battle rage; and possesses prodigious Force powers of his own, including the ability to detect shatterpoints. Mace will be facing a more powerful Force user who is also, likely, a superior swordsman. Jaina is a highly trained combatant who, while not on the level of Caedus and Mace, is the beneficiary of extensive and varied training from Mara Jade, Luke Skywalker, and even Boba Fett. Drawing on all of her disciplines and her not insignificant skills, I'd say she defeats Depa.

They definitely lose here. Palpatine and Vader are leagues beyond Depa in sheer Force powers and while Vaapad would probably prove decisive in a strict clash of blades, Sora Bulq is living proof that Vaapad isn't enough if the Force user is so much stronger than you (Dooku, anyone?). After she dies, Mace is promptly annihilated by Palpatine and Vader.

Can't comment.

Poor Mace.

Nephthys
Wasn't she doing very well against him? And I recall her slaughering a gunship of dudes extremely quickly.

huh

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by RagingBoner

Mace might not be the prodigious Force user that Dooku is, but his Force powers (especially in The Clone Wars cartoon, specifically during the siege of Ryloth) are noticeably stronger than either Obi-Wan's or Anakin's. His bladework is also superior, though in a strict match he'd likely have a devil of a time bypassing Obi-Wan's defenses. With his Force powers, the shatterpoint charism, and use of Vaapad, he'll defeat either opponent unless Skywalker is in his uber-form.

thumb up

This is the best argument Iv heard for Mace being far superior to ROTS Anakin and Obi-Wan in the Force, and thereofore able to defeat either one of them quite comfortably in an all out fight.

Iv never bought the argument that Mace pwns anyone in the Force(bar Yoda and Sidious) because he tanks the droid armies on Dantooine in exaggerated CWC. Or that he's automatically miles superior in the Force to Obi-Wan/Anakin just because Dooku is.

Lineael
Originally posted by ares834
6?

They fall at 3 imo. Honestly what has Depa ever done that puts her on their level... Have accolades from Mace Windu? Because Windu gives plenty of praise to both Kenobi and Anakin calling Kenobi "THE master" and Anakin the "most powerful Jedi".

100% agree, Depa is the weakest link here... + They are after 2 fights.

RagingBoner
N.
Wasn't she doing very well against him? And I recall her slaughering a gunship of dudes extremely quickly.

It's been, shall we say, a long ass time since I've read Shatterpoint. But if I'm not mistaken, Windu was both wounded and restraining himself while dueling Depa.

Mace is clearly a high tier swordsman, but Caedus is an extremely powerful Force user and such strength enhances his bladework to equally extraordinary levels. According to the ROTS novelization, even when Windu was submerged in Vaapad father than he'd ever been before, he was only able to match Palpatine in the duel. Caedus is around that level, I think, and even more refined in his swordsmanship than Palpatine was during the time of his duel with Mace.

Q99
Cade and Sazen-

Cade's very formidable, trained in sabers by both Jedi and Sith (like most Skywalkers, also learning incredibly fast), and also with huge force presence and the ability to see shatterpoints. He's not quite top tier with sabers, Krayt's fights against him show that, but he's quite good, and his strength in the force is his main advantage. Also, until his final decision, he did use the dark side when pressed in fights, so Vapaad may be a problem for him.

Wolf Sazen is one of Cade's teachers and a very seasoned master, skilled with saber and has fought and killed many sith (Darth Azard, one of Krayt's major commanders, being the most impressive. And a mutual kill with one of the Hands, Stryfe), but hasn't shown a lot in the way of force powers.

They might have a chance if Cade fights pure lightside, but even then Windu probably has the edge on him.

The Legacy crew would be more dangerous if it was Shado Vao instead of Sazen (Vao is Sazen's non-Cade student, and has surpassed his master).

Naga Sado
Originally posted by ares834
6?

They fall at 3 imo. Honestly what has Depa ever done that puts her on their level... Have accolades from Mace Windu? Because Windu gives plenty of praise to both Kenobi and Anakin calling Kenobi "THE master" and Anakin the "most powerful Jedi". Thats waht I was thinking.If not 3 then they get their asses whiped at 4.HANDS DOWN

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.