Zeus VS Gladiator (In a Fist Fight)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
same like other thread.

who win

Omega Vision
Zeus.

Glads would do better than Hulk though thanks to his speed.

Batman-Prime
Unamped Glads, with amping (IMO like he did against the Hulk) Zeus.

carver9
Glads does far worse than Hulk. He gets one shotted.

Hyperion Prime
Zeus wins, unlike Odin. Gladiator last longer than Hulk too.

iceman24567
Agreed Gladz lasts longer than Hulk but gets stomp anyways

carver9
No he doesn't. Glads get his sh** pushed in as soon as the fight starts. Odin and Zeus one shots High Heralds.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by carver9
No he doesn't. Glads get his sh** pushed in as soon as the fight starts. Odin and Zeus one shots High Heralds.

Just because Hulk got beat like a child that got caught touching himself dosen't mean Gladiator would go down like the Hulk. You are just pissed off Hulk got his ass beat. Superman would last longer than Hulk too.

iceman24567
No he doesn't. Glads get his sh** pushed in as soon as the fight starts. Odin and Zeus one shots High Heralds. Nah Gladz lasts longer

carver9
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Just because Hulk got beat like a child that got caught touching himself dosen't mean Gladiator would go down like the Hulk. You are just pissed off Hulk got his ass beat. Superman would last longer than Hulk too.

This has nothing to do with Hulk... you all brought him up. Zeus is a legit, bonafide skyfather... Glads is getting annihilated by Zeus. Planet Busting strength just isn't enough.

Zeus is one shotting him. You said your opinion and I have said mine. Let's leave it like that.

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Nah Gladz lasts longer

Iceman...

Omega Vision
Glads does far worse than Hulk. He gets one shotted.
Nah.

Hyperion Prime
Glads loses, but at least Zeus knows he was in a fight. it wouldn't be like how he walked the dog with the Hulk.

iceman24567
Iceman... Stop trying to shove your opinion down our throats brah

Damborgson
Glads does far worse than Hulk. He gets one shotted. Glads Durability>Hulks durability.

Badabing
Glads loses, but at least Zeus knows he was in a fight. it wouldn't be like how he walked the dog with the Hulk. Originally posted by iceman24567
Stop trying to shove your opinion down our throats brah Originally posted by Damborgson
Glads Durability>Hulks durability. You're all warned for Carver-bashing and Carver-trolling. sneer

Carver is correct. biscuits

iceman24567
Originally posted by Badabing
You're all warned for Carver-bashing and Carver-trolling. sneer

Carver is correct. biscuits Did carver bribe you with a all you can eat coupon from the Olive garden brah?

Badabing
laughing out loud

Just having some fun. stick out tongue

Damborgson
Originally posted by iceman24567
Did carver bribe you with a all you can eat coupon from the Olive garden brah? laughing out loud he actually kinda scared me for a sec. laughing out loud

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
Glads Durability>Hulks durability.

Hulks damage soak>>Gladiators

quanchi112
Zeus wins.

Damborgson
Hulks damage soak>>Gladiators Not by enough to where glads gets one shotted though...

vansonbee
Hulks damage soak>>Gladiators Agreed, but because both of these characters aren't forced in any sort of PIS. Gladiator should last longer with the use of his super speed.

carver9
Not by enough to where glads gets one shotted though...

Savage Hulk was pretty much equal to High Heralds damage soak wise... WWH>>Savage Hulk and this was proven many times over.

Why are we talking about Hulk? Lol...This has nothing to do with him. Gladiator gets his wind pimp crushed 10/10 with one punch.

Damborgson
Savage Hulk was pretty much equal to High Heralds damage soak wise... WWH>>Savage Hulk and this was proven many times over.

Why are we talking about Hulk? Lol...This has nothing to do with him. Gladiator gets his wind pimp crushed 10/10 with one punch. debatable....i might make a thread about that. stick out tongue

well u did bring him up...but anyways i dont think he gets oneshotted unless its a surprise shot but yeah he still gets crushed.

carver9
debatable....i might make a thread about that. stick out tongue

well u did bring him up...but anyways i dont think he gets oneshotted unless its a surprise shot but yeah he still gets crushed.

Naah, its not debatable.

Damborgson
Naah, its not debatable. sure it is. I already made the thread. eek!

Fifthchild
If he can use his speed (and Zeus presumably has none) he should last longer than Hulk. Half Hulks problem was that he just ate shot after shot to the face after getting in that one punch and didnt hit him back. If not and its a straight punch up then he goes down quicker. He doesnt get oneshot though.

h1a8
IMO, Glads at high confidence is stronger than the Hulk (most Hulks shown) and much faster. He does so much better against Zues (not in a comic though) than Hulk did.

Fifthchild
IMO opinion he isnt stronger than Hulk at full confidence. He is unquestionably faster.

BattleMage
Hulks damage soak>>Gladiators

leonidas
can we please stop putting herald guys against skyfathers and pretending like it might be a fight?

Nihilist
Zeus wins in a easy beatdown just like he did to the Hulk, Glads last longer than the Weak Ass Hulk though

Lord_Talron
i really need to see that zeus hulk fight. its always satisfying to see a human colored person give hulk a beatdown biscuits

Simbon
Gladiator fighting Zeus is like a raccoon attacking a mountain lion... Still, better than Hulk, which is like a Tarsier contending with a gorilla:

http://animaltales.info/files/2010/06/Tarsier10.jpg
vs
http://d2el4marpcphqf.cloudfront.net/26259.jpg

KuRuPT Thanosi
I was honestly about ready to facepalm carver thinking that he was going to back Glads winning a fist fight.. since he's backed glads beating DS and Thanos in a fist fight. Luckily enough, he didn't.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I was honestly about ready to facepalm carver thinking that he was going to back Glads winning a fist fight.. since he's backed glads beating DS and Thanos in a fist fight. Luckily enough, he didn't.

He won't back Glads, because he can't back anyone doing something the Hulk can't do. Since Hulk didn't win then no one can win against Zeus, probably not even another sky-father in Carvers mind.

Harbinger
Originally posted by leonidas
can we please stop putting herald guys against skyfathers and pretending like it might be a fight?

Simbon
Since Hulk didn't win then no one can win against Zeus, probably not even another sky-father in Carvers mind.

Exactly.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Glads or Hulk gets wrecked with ease by Zeus... Just like Surfer, Superman, Orion or ANY herald and most Trans level characters.

Wodenson
If this thread is supposed to be like the Odin one, most of these responses are wrong. Unless Zeus naturally has lightning surrounding his punches, he was amping. Fair's fair.

Colossus-Big C
bump

Damborgson
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
bump

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-28364-Stephen-Hawking-smile-gif-Imgu-V8Jc.gif

cdtm
Zeus wins.

LGU
Glads Durability>Hulks durability.

Is there any specific reason to think this beyond the most basic "Gladiator is a super-clone and most super-clones are really durable"? Gladiator has had some super shitty durability showings in the last few years and Hulk's resistance to (more or less) blunt-force trauma like in the Zeus fight is as good as just about anyone's.

***EDIT*** - oops, just realised the post I was quoting is well over two years old so probably no longer relevant! Ignore me.

Cheers.

h1a8
Glad would do better than Hulk mainly because of being vastly faster, more durable, and better fighting skill. Imo, speed wins this for Glads

Insane Titan
Zeus in a absolute shit stomp

Mshinu
Glads gets stomped. Unlike Hulk he takes it like a man and does not whine, cry, or hide under the kitchen table.

Estacado
Originally posted by Badabing
You're all warned for Carver-bashing and Carver-trolling. sneer

Carver is correct. biscuits
There is no such thing as a "carver"....

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Glad would do better than Hulk mainly because of being vastly faster, more durable, and better fighting skill. Imo, speed wins this for Glads

Gladiator getting knocked the F out wins this for Zeus.

Bouboumaster
Glad do worse than Hulk

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Gladiator getting knocked the F out wins this for Zeus. well glads have shown the ability to fight within nanoseconds (light speed or better) and have better h2h skill than Hulk. So he has a good chance to win here. Zeus had no speed feats and thus should be almost a statue if Glads is ffightingwith under Full Capacity.

quanchi112
well glads have shown the ability to fight within nanoseconds (light speed or better) and have better h2h skill than Hulk. So he has a good chance to win here. Zeus had no speed feats and thus should be almost a statue if Glads is ffightingwith under Full Capacity. Based on ?

Wonder Man
Zeus can beat his confidence.

leonidas
how is this not spite again....? confused

Cogito
That anyone would suggest Gladiator could win is appalling, and frankly an insult to the collective KMC intelligence.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Cogito
That anyone would suggest Gladiator could win is appalling, and frankly an insult to the collective KMC intelligence. h1 is the only one saying Gladiator wins though...

Cogito
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
h1 is the only one saying Gladiator wins though...

Well, h1 is appalling, and CBC made this so he must think Glads has a chance. I know we're not talking the crème de la crème here, but still...

And then there's all the fools who apparently think Gladiator is going around Marvel at super omgz light speed blitzing Hulk's opponents.

Branlor Swift
Well, h1 is appalling, and CBC made this so he must think Glads has a chance. I know we're not talking the crème de la crème here, but still...

And then there's all the fools who apparently think Gladiator is going around Marvel at super omgz light speed blitzing Hulk's opponents. CBC is the guy who used panels from like 3 different comics and fanart to say Black Adam one shot killed Superman... and the hammer eating threads fetish he had...

That's still contained to h1.

Wait
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Unamped Glads, with amping (IMO like he did against the Hulk) Zeus.

Meh, still not reflective of KMC. Not to say KMC as a whole is good, just not bad because of these guys.

leonidas
crème de la crème

blink

Cogito
blink
That's weird, when I posted it it was right...

What it said was "creme de la creme", but with fancy french accents

Insane Titan
Does anyone not think KMC has gotten worse lately

Cogito
Well, to be fair most of the stupid here was from a couple years ago.

We have lost a few of the good posters without picking up adequate replacements, but overall I think the downturn (if there is one) is probably more due to exhausting damn near every possible vs scenario.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Does anyone not think KMC has gotten worse lately It only seems that way for you because every set of fanboys hates Thanos.
Thor, Hulk, Superm... DC I mean... all unbridled hate for your favorite character. And all the threads involving him turn into trash as a result.

You can have a somewhat civil discussion about Hulk vs Thor, but as soon as Thanos enters the fray... nope.

carver9
Originally posted by Simbon
Exactly.

Simbon, where are you???? Me and this guy stayed at it...civil debates but therewwasn't any breathing room. You can tell by his gamer tag.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
It only seems that way for you because every set of fanboys hates Thanos.
Thor, Hulk, Superm... DC I mean... all unbridled hate for your favorite character. And all the threads involving him turn into trash as a result.

You can have a somewhat civil discussion about Hulk vs Thor, but as soon as Thanos enters the fray... nope. to me the problem occurs with Thanos as the likes of the fanboys like Superman,Hulk and Thor etc is that they want their character to be at Thanos level on a regular and can't handle the fact they aren't

Stoic
Originally posted by Insane Titan
to me the problem occurs with Thanos as the likes of the fanboys like Superman,Hulk and Thor etc is that they want their character to be at Thanos level on a regular and can't handle the fact they aren't

I can agree with you to an extent, except in the case of the Hulk. He has no set level, he does have a base which is well below Thanos' base, but he can take it up without relying on external plot devices such as belt of strength, or sun dips/dives. for me it goes without saying that Thanos is the top dog in terms of elite Trans Herald characters. IMO guys like Thor, and Superman would normally need assistance to take Thanos down and to a lesser extent so would the Hulk, but it should always be noted that the Hulk can transcend the bar without external devices, but on/under his own power.

As for this thread, Zeus would kill Gladiator as easily as Jahf would, if not easier.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Stoic
I can agree with you to an extent, except in the case of the Hulk. He has no set level, he does have a base which is well below Thanos' base, but he can take it up without relying on external plot devices such as belt of strength, or sun dips/dives. for me it goes without saying that Thanos is the top dog in terms of elite Trans Herald characters. IMO guys like Thor, and Superman would normally need assistance to take Thanos down and to a lesser extent so would the Hulk, but it should always be noted that the Hulk can transcend the bar without external devices, but on/under his own power.

As for this thread, Zeus would kill Gladiator as easily as Jahf would, if not easier. Hulk still applies to that rule though IMO, his feats put him around Thanos lvl etc, but his direct Showing/record of beating Thanos lvl guys is what let him down

carver9

As for this thread, Zeus would kill Gladiator as easily as Jahf would, if not easier.

thumb up

Right on the nail.

h1a8

Why. Superman is stronger than Thanos. Why the hell do you think he is able to beat Darkseid physically? Thanos isn't above DS physically.
I disagree. A high end Gladiator would match Zeus quite well.

Silent Master
Zeus wins

h1a8
Zeus wins It can be argued that Zeus is stronger (I believe high end Glads is stronger though). But people are forgetting the speed difference.

bats2jm
Why. Superman is stronger than Thanos. Why the hell do you think he is able to beat Darkseid physically? Thanos isn't above DS physically.
I disagree. A high end Gladiator would match Zeus quite well. You can disagree but you would be wrong.

janus77
Originally posted by bats2jm
You can disagree but you would be wrong.
For a minute there, I read your username as "Batsjizm", looked at your "location" and wanted to remark "Gotham to Jamaica ... Batman's seriously over powered".

Then I realised my mistake, so I won't be saying that, but I thought I'd let you know yes.

Silent Master
It can be argued that Zeus is stronger (I believe high end Glads is stronger though). But people are forgetting the speed difference.

When has Gladiator ever shown the ability to punch out someone on Zeus' durability level?

janus77
Oh, H1... makes a good point. Zeus speedblitzes Gladiator for the win yes.

h1a8
When has Gladiator ever shown the ability to punch out someone on Zeus' durability level? What feats does Zeus have that puts him above high herald level in physicality?

Silent Master
What feats does Zeus have that puts him above high herald level in physicality?

I'll ask again, when has Gladiator ever shown the ability to punch out someone on Zeus' durability level?

h1a8
I'll ask again, when has Gladiator ever shown the ability to punch out someone on Zeus' durability level?

Oh you input the word "durability".
Again what feats does Zeus has that's puts his durability against blunt force above all high heralds?

Glads affected PF Cyke physically. Thor's slam, with all his might, was stopped by Cyke's pinky finger.

Silent Master
Again what feats does Zeus has that's puts his durability against blunt force above all high heralds?

Glads affected PF Cyke physically. Thor's slam, with all his might, was stopped by Cyke's pinky finger.

So, your argument is that Gladiator is hundreds of times stronger than Thor?

StiltmanFTW
When has Gladiator ever shown the ability to punch out someone on Zeus' durability level?

Zeus' durability level = getting floored by Ares and pierced by an arrow.

Glads punches his head off before he amps himself stick out tongue

h1a8
So, your argument is that Gladiator is hundreds of times stronger than Thor? In that scene he was. On average no!

brownqk
I love Glads but he gets one or two shotted here....

h1a8
Originally posted by brownqk
I love Glads but he gets one or two shotted here.... Not a high end Glads. Also you are ignoring the speed difference here. Glads speed is at least a magnitude more.

Silent Master
In that scene he was. On average no!

You realize that per forum rules PIS isn't allowed, and if what you say is true, that would make the scene PIS.

Rage.Of.Olympus

What does Cyclops stopping Thor's hammer with his mind have to do with anything in this thread? Not to mention Cyclops was trying to talk to Gladiator.

A fairer comparison would be Thor shattering Phoenix Emma Frost in diamond form in one hit and Gladiator's punches doing absolutely nothing to Cyclops. At base levels, Emma is MUCH more durable then Cyclops.

h1a8
You realize that per forum rules PIS isn't allowed, and if what you say is true, that would make the scene PIS. Maybe. But if Glads retains that level of strength in the future then it would solidify. But Zeus only feat of durability is surviving Hulk's blows (although it has been retcon that Hulk was always holding back). But Zeus was definitely affected by the blows. So I'm saying that Glads can affect Zeus to some degree. Maybe it would take hundred blows to fell Zeus. Glads has the speed on his side.

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What does Cyclops stopping Thor's hammer with his mind have to do with anything in this thread? Not to mention Cyclops was trying to talk to Gladiator.

A fairer comparison would be Thor shattering Phoenix Emma Frost in diamond form in one hit and Gladiator's punches doing absolutely nothing to Cyclops. At base levels, Emma is MUCH more durable then Cyclops. I disagree that Emma is more durable in PF forms. Otherwise, Cyke wouldn't have stopped Thor with his finger. Diamond can shatter easily (even with a sledge hammer). There exists no instance where it was shown that Gladiator's punches did absolutely nothing to Cyclops. Where are you getting this from?

Also as powerful as those P5 were it still took many hits to fell Gladiator.

Branlor Swift
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Zeus/Avengers284_06a.jpg

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Zeus/Avengers284_15b.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Zeus/Avengers284_16b.jpg

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Zeus/Avengers285_08b.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Zeus/Avengers285_09a.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Zeus/Avengers285_09b.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Zeus/Avengers285_11a.jpg

Here you go good posters

Silent Master
Maybe. But if Glads retains that level of strength in the future then it would solidify. But Zeus only feat of durability is surviving Hulk's blows (although it has been retcon that Hulk was always holding back). But Zeus was definitely affected by the blows. So I'm saying that Glads can affect Zeus to some degree. Maybe it would take hundred blows to fell Zeus. Glads has the speed on his side.

So you're using what you admit is currently a PIS showing, IOW you're knowingly breaking forum rules.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I disagree that Emma is more durable in PF forms. Otherwise, Cyke wouldn't have stopped Thor with his finger. Diamond can shatter easily (even with a sledge hammer). There exists no instance where it was shown that Gladiator's punches did absolutely nothing to Cyclops. Where are you getting this from?

Also as powerful as those P5 were it still took many hits to fell Gladiator.

On what basis would you disagree? I mean, they could use the force to amp their stats drastically (For example, I'd wager Emma and Cyclops were not far off from Namor/Peter in strength) but Thor still shattered Emma. We saw Phoenix Emma fight other beings in regular form and she came up off as no less durable then Cyclops IIRC. So? You do realize that physical durability and telekinetic power does not have to have a direct correlation right? And Cyclops was trying to reason with Gladiator for a large chunk of that.

Well, they turned his head I guess:
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/WOLVERINEX-MEN-ZONE-014.jpg
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/WOLVERINEX-MEN-ZONE-016.jpg

Okay? Thor after being bombarded by Phoenix Emma Frosts shards falling down from space still took multiple blows from Emma. You want to know the difference between the two? Thor was back on his feet fighting right after. Gladiator however spent the rest of the event in intensive care and on life support.

carver9
H1 does have a point. The Phoenix 5 was one shotting Heralds left and right. The combine power of the 5 had to literally beat on Gladiator before knocking him out or taking him out of the fight.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, 2 members using Gladiator as their cumrag with ease is evidence that the combined might of ALL five were needed to beat him:
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/WOLVERINEX-MEN-ZONE-016.jpg
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/WOLVERINEX-MEN-ZONE-017.jpg
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/WOLVERINEX-MEN-ZONE-018.jpg
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/WOLVERINEX-MEN-ZONE-019.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Colossus: It took 2 massive amps, but finally I'm able to do something.

mighty adam
Look hulk was holding back. Yes he's a boring character, yes he's childish, no I really dont like his solo shit. But hulk can tear threw reality with strength alone. Hulk letting Zeus beat on him in a extremely calm state is a high durability feat for hulk. Hulk had clapped out a dimension, one shotted a meteor 2x earth size. Gladiator has great durability better then sentry and Thor hulks is better. You don't have to like the greentard but he's a physical trans LV being. Now glad vs Zeus in a fist fight Zeus can amp so he should win, glads will will be broken by Zeus.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by mighty adam
Look hulk was holding back. Yes he's a boring character, yes he's childish, no I really dont like his solo shit. But hulk can tear threw reality with strength alone. Hulk letting Zeus beat on him in a extremely calm state is a high durability feat for hulk. Hulk had clapped out a dimension, one shotted a meteor 2x earth size. Gladiator has great durability better then sentry and Thor hulks is better. You don't have to like the greentard but he's a physical trans LV being. Now glad vs Zeus in a fist fight Zeus can amp so he should win, glads will will be broken by Zeus. Yeah, Hulk has some good feats. It a shame WWH got almost beaten to death by Zeus in h2h

kgkg
What is all this BS about holding back?

Damborgson
What's it gonna take for you hulk haters to see that Hulk was calm when he fought Zeus? Serene even.

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/hulk_zps533bf90a.jpg

h1a8
Doesn't matter as it was retcon that Hulk was holding back the entire time. So that's that.

jaxthejester
Zeus used divine Skyfather power to strip Hulk of his powers.

He charged his fists with divine power, and he turned off Hulk's healing factor.

It's right there on-panel. Another godling even talks to Hulk about while he is strapped to the rock.

It kills the validity of that fight even more than Hulk's "I'm here to die for family" demeanor (IMO).

Mshinu
Zeus punched the HF out of Hulkie Boy just fine without any magic tricks, accept it and move on gammatards. Any mid herald going toe to toe with a skyfather would get spanked the same way, no shame in it.

Stoic

jaxthejester
Originally posted by mighty adam
Look hulk was holding back. Yes he's a boring character, yes he's childish, no I really dont like his solo shit. But hulk can tear threw reality with strength alone. Hulk letting Zeus beat on him in a extremely calm state is a high durability feat for hulk. Hulk had clapped out a dimension, one shotted a meteor 2x earth size. Gladiator has great durability better then sentry and Thor hulks is better. You don't have to like the greentard but he's a physical trans LV being. Now glad vs Zeus in a fist fight Zeus can amp so he should win, glads will will be broken by Zeus.

thumb up

jaxthejester
Originally posted by Mshinu
Zeus punched the HF out of Hulkie Boy just fine without any magic tricks, accept it and move on gammatards. Any mid herald going toe to toe with a skyfather would get spanked the same way, no shame in it.

Zom put holes through Hulk's entire body, obliterating spine and internal organs.

Hulk healed in seconds.

Zeus did not even break his skin. And another godling walked up and said, quite specifically, that Zeus' power had robbed Hulk of healing factor.

Try reading before you post this crap. smokin'

jaxthejester

Truth.

Mshinu
Originally posted by jaxthejester
Zom put holes through Hulk's entire body, obliterating spine and internal organs.

Hulk healed in seconds.

Zeus did not even break his skin. And another godling walked up and said, quite specifically, that Zeus' power had robbed Hulk of healing factor.

Try reading before you post this crap. smokin'

The power of Zeus` fist aye. Hulk got crapped on physically by a skyfather so hard his HF shut down, simple. Accept it and the truth will set you free.

DarkSaint85
I got from this scan:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/118428/2248818-incredible_hulks_622_006.jpg

..that Zeus used sheer might.

When Hephaestus went up to Hulk later, I didn't see where it was said his HF had been shut off magically.

abhilegend
It never was.

Silent Master
Hulk getting beat down by a skyfather isn't a low or bad showing, I don't know why the Hulksquad is crying so much.

DarkSaint85
Hulk getting beat down by a skyfather isn't a low or bad showing, I don't know why the Hulksquad is crying so much.

Exactly.

IOW, Zeus wins here. I reckon he's durable enough to tank punches from Glads, then can dish his own hurt out.

Anyways, in fistfights, I thought superspeed was turned off?

Insane Titan
Hulk hf did get turned off at by magic etc, he simply got to hard way too many times it stopped working , even the idiot Tom B explained it on his form springs page

Insane Titan
Meant his hf didn't get turned off lol

carver9
His healing factor did get turned off as explained by the comic. Back on topic...Zeus stomps.

Mshinu
His healing factor did get turned off as explained by the comic. Back on topic...Zeus stomps.

It was punched out of Hulk by physical force, as shown in the comic and explained yes. Wipe your tears and you can see it quite clearly.

carver9
As explained in the comic...it was more than strength that Zeus used unless punching on Hulk stops his healing factor completely, prevents him from amping, stops him from transforming into Banner (unless he dies of course).

sacred108
Glad gets stomped, but does better than Hulk.

Silent Master
As shown in the comic, Zeus beat the crap out of the Hulk and he'd do the same to Gladiator.

janus77
It was explained, more than once, in the comics that Zeus' magic was the cause of Hulk's HF failing. It was also stated that Zeus' magic has a particular effect on Hulk, when the Betty-Harpies were attacking in separate incident.

Insane Titan
It was never explained at all that his HF was turned off. It stopped working because Zeus beat him to the point it stopped working.

If a Hulk fan cares to show the scan proving otherwise , go ahead

DarkSaint85

Yes...because it was overloaded by the sheer amounts of damage that Zeus is able to output.

As explained here:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113173/3354599-hulkzeus1.jpg

I mean, in the previous scan I showed, Zeus himself says, as stated explicitly, that he was only going to use his hands to beat him to death.

Mshinu
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yes...because it was overloaded by the sheer amounts of damage that Zeus is able to output.

As explained here:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113173/3354599-hulkzeus1.jpg

I mean, in the previous scan I showed, Zeus himself says, as stated explicitly, that he was only going to use his hands to beat him to death.

The Gammafags are about to be zapped by lightning if they keep calling Zeus a liar big grin

Insane Titan
Haha glorious

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by janus77
It was explained, more than once, in the comics that Zeus' magic was the cause of Hulk's HF failing. It was also stated that Zeus' magic has a particular effect on Hulk, when the Betty-Harpies were attacking in separate incident.

Betty Harpies aside, when else was it said that Zeus' magic was the cause of it failing?

I mean, yes, Hephaestus said that after being hit, his strength wouldn't return....but if that is the clearest proof you are using, then it can easily be interpreted as Heph saying: 'Zeus hit you so hard, you're going to be feeling it into next week.' And this second explanation is bolstered by Zeus saying he was going to only use his fists to beat him to death.

DarkSaint85
Husband, what are you...

I'm granting this blasphemer's request...to be beaten to death....by hand.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/118428/2248818-incredible_hulks_622_006.jpg

abhilegend

As explained here:

I mean, in the previous scan I showed, Zeus himself says, as stated explicitly, that he was only going to use his hands to beat him to death. thumb up

Prof. T.C McAbe
Without amping Glads, with amping Zeus.

Rao Kal El
IMO Zeus wins

janus77
Husband, what are you...

I'm granting this blasphemer's request...to be beaten to death....by hand.
Yes, he used his hands but no, that does not mean that he did not use magic.

It's like suggesting that a hit from mjolnir is much the same thing as a hit from a hammer of the same weight, size, shape and density.

Zeus used magical lightening, from the off, then magically charged fists and his magic nullified Hulk's healing factor.

I've got the comic archived somewhere, but the scans should be on KMC too, as the point was made about this issue a while back.

DarkSaint85
Yes, he used his hands but no, that does not mean that he did not use magic.

It's like suggesting that a hit from mjolnir is much the same thing as a hit from a hammer of the same weight, size, shape and density.

Zeus used magical lightening, from the off, then magically charged fists and his magic nullified Hulk's healing factor.

I've got the comic archived somewhere, but the scans should be on KMC too, as the point was made about this issue a while back.

That's true....but then, another way of looking at it is that Thor, when using Mjolnir, magically nullifies Hulk's HF every time he draws blood. Whilst he has never hurt Hulk so badly that he takes significant time to recover, that's simply because he isn't as strong as Zeus.

That is another way of looking at it.

Of course, I'll accept it if I did miss something elsewhere in the comic. Something about Zeus magically cancelling out his HF. Am not at home at the moment, so not got access to my comics, but that is a poor excuse, so I will attempt to search for it. Help is always appreciated.

janus77
That's true....but then, another way of looking at it is that Thor, when using Mjolnir, magically nullifies Hulk's HF every time he draws blood. Whilst he has never hurt Hulk so badly that he takes significant time to recover, that's simply because he isn't as strong as Zeus.

That is another way of looking at it.

Of course, I'll accept it if I did miss something elsewhere in the comic. Something about Zeus magically cancelling out his HF. Am not at home at the moment, so not got access to my comics, but that is a poor excuse, so I will attempt to search for it. Help is always appreciated.
I'm pretty sure that - and this is going back a while - the HF nullification thing is specific to Zeus, hence the Hapries incident where Hulk was reminded of them being _specifically_ imbued with Zeus' mojo. Hulk apparently has an "Achilles heel" in the form of Zeus' magic.

Regular magic, including Odin Force is not a problem. Don't know why, but it is what it is.

I've got the comics somewhere on a back-up drive, but more trouble than it's worth looking for them.

carver9
You all have to be smarter than this...this isn't an insult either. You can't break the chains, you've been hit by Zeus, your strength will not return for a long time. Common sense...something else was at play. How would he have known Hulk strength wouldn't retuurn in a long time?

janus77
You all have to be smarter than this...this isn't an insult either. You can't break the chains, you've been hit by Zeus, your strength will not return for a long time. Common sense...something else was at play. How would he have known Hulk strength wouldn't retuurn in a long time?
Don't goad, unless you're willing to go check out the thread where it was posted - which will probably take hours - because, all I can provide is hazy recollection rather than instant scan rebuttals.

I'm pretty certain it was the way I said it was, but ... It's a lot of effort finding the scans.

Rao Kal El
The way I interpreted that was that Zeus just hits that hard and to me is evident in the whole comic as Hulk ended up pucking and He only landed a single sucker punch. To me that is evidence enough that Zeus just hits that hard.

But is my point of view. and in any case Zeus wins and in here I don't think speed will make a difference but just prolong the inevitable.

janus77
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
The way I interpreted that was that Zeus just hits that hard and to me is evident in the whole comic as Hulk ended up pucking and He only landed a single sucker punch. To me that is evidence enough that Zeus just hits that hard.

But is my point of view. and in any case Zeus wins and in here I don't think speed will make a difference but just prolong the inevitable.
That is the desirable take, for a lot of people on KMC, but it's also quite at odds with Hulk's history and Zeus is by no means the strongest being Hulk's been hit by.

ZomStrange did far more damage - and he's also a magical entity - but Hulk was perfectly alright afterwards.

Hopefully someone has the scans of the issue (and the ones with Betty-Harpy, I think before HoTM).

janus77
http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863062_Incredible_Hulks_622_008.jpg
Basically Zeus breaks his "oath", the instant he gets pissed off by Hulk cheap-shotting him.

Hera acknowledges that he's breaking his oath, and even cheers him on with the words "That's right, my love. An oath to a monster means nothing. Incinerate him."

As Zeus blasts him again, for the third time, with magic.

carver9
Don't goad, unless you're willing to go check out the thread where it was posted - which will probably take hours - because, all I can provide is hazy recollection rather than instant scan rebuttals.

I'm pretty certain it was the way I said it was, but ... It's a lot of effort finding the scans.

The guy said "hit" ...not beat down. Singular. They are wrong.

DarkSaint85
Then prove us wrong.

Show us where Zeus cancelled the HF out using a spell or something. Hitting him with a blast that negates it mystically.

If you remember, carver, this is something ive been waiting for since I joined.

Not just overtaxing. Because the ZomStrange argument can be turned back on you....he was also hit by magic then, and he healed fine.

janus77
Then prove us wrong.

Show us where Zeus cancelled the HF out using a spell or something. Hitting him with a blast that negates it mystically.

If you remember, carver, this is something ive been waiting for since I joined.

Not just overtaxing. Because the ZomStrange argument can be turned back on you....he was also hit by magic then, and he healed fine.
There's proof of Hulk being particularly affected by Zeus' magic, by way of the Harpy incident, I think.

And there's proof that Zeus' didn't fight Hulk in a simple h2h as some people here have stated.

The above scan was from page 4 of the Zeus respect thread on KMC. The entire fight was a mixture of Zeus blasting Hulk with lightning, both the initial huge strike and then a couple of other lesser ones and sequences where he amps his fists with his magic whilst punching Hulk (the white lightning glow around his fist for the final strike, I think).

As I said, Hulk's been hit a lot harder and he's gone through more powerful attacks than Zeus delivered in their fight, and he's been perfectly fine. This was definitely not a straightforward physical fight.

Hopefully someone's got the scans providing context for the Zeus magic weakness...

DarkSaint85
Carver, time to shine. This is your Rick Jones moment.

carver9
I already proved it...I even provided proof of Hulk not healing after Zeus lightning attack.

janus77
Do you remember the issue where Hulk fights with the harpy, I think it's a little before HOTM. Cho mentions something about the magic, then too, iirc.

I have the WWH/FOTH/WWHs/HOTM series, but can't recall where - in time - that particular incident was.

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863062_Incredible_Hulks_622_008.jpg
Basically Zeus breaks his "oath", the instant he gets pissed off by Hulk cheap-shotting him.

Hera acknowledges that he's breaking his oath, and even cheers him on with the words "That's right, my love. An oath to a monster means nothing. Incinerate him."

As Zeus blasts him again, for the third time, with magic.

Are you kidding me with this post? Do you not know that people on this board have actually read the comic?

Zeus specifically missed the Hulk with his thunderbolt because he wanted to fight him hand to hand and keep his oath:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/5863063/Incredible_Hulks_622_009.jpg.html

Zeus fought Hulk hand to hand and beat the shit out of him. If his power is so great that repeated hits turn off Hulk's healing factor, well then, tough luck for the Hulk.

He blasted him once when Hulk first got to his doorstep on Olympus, that's it as far as I recall. Also, I love how we're referring to Zeus' lightning as magic as if it somehow diminishes the humiliation that Hulk received at his hands.

DarkSaint85
I already proved it...I even provided proof of Hulk not healing after Zeus lightning attack.

We all know that. That is NOT the item of contention.

What you need to prove, is that the removal of the HF was due to Zeus casting a -10 anti healing spell or some such.

And not because he was beaten and over taxed.

Because he's been hit by magical lightning before, from Thor.

Hes been hit by punches.

He's been hit by magic.

He healed from it.

The assertion here is that Zeus, amping, is THAT strong. And if he did the same with Glads, he'd treat him in a similar manner.

Branlor Swift
Are you kidding me with this post? Do you not know that people on this board have actually read the comic?

Zeus specifically missed the Hulk with his thunderbolt because he wanted to fight him hand to hand and keep his oath:

Zeus fought Hulk hand to hand and beat the shit out of him. If his power is so great that repeated hits turn of Hulk's healing factor, well then, tough luck for the Hulk.

He blasted him once when Hulk first got to his doorstep on Olympus, that's it as far as I recall. Also, I love how we're referring to Zeus' lightning as magic as if it somehow diminishes the humiliation that Hulk received at his hands. laughing out loud

janus77
Are you kidding me with this post?

He hit him with magic-amped fists afterwards, I wanted to point out that Hera was aware that Zeus wasn't keeping his word - in the sense of non-magic, h2h fighting - as shown here:

http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863064_Incredible_Hulks_622_010.jpg

janus77

Zeus fought Hulk hand to hand and beat the shit out of him. If his power is so great that repeated hits turn of Hulk's healing factor, well then, tough luck for the Hulk.

He blasted him once when Hulk first got to his doorstep on Olympus, that's it as far as I recall. Also, I love how we're referring to Zeus' lightning as magic as if it somehow diminishes the humiliation that Hulk received at his hands.
the scans are all there:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=518265&pagenumber=4

He used magic, repeatedly, as Hera acknowledge he was doing.

Insane Titan

Zeus fought Hulk hand to hand and beat the shit out of him. If his power is so great that repeated hits turn off Hulk's healing factor, well then, tough luck for the Hulk.

He blasted him once when Hulk first got to his doorstep on Olympus, that's it as far as I recall. Also, I love how we're referring to Zeus' lightning as magic as if it somehow diminishes the humiliation that Hulk received at his hands. Youre wasting time saying this as the gammatards flatout refuse to accept he got beaten down and his HF was beaten to point it wouldnt work

Rage.Of.Olympus
He hit him with magic-amped fists afterwards, I wanted to point out that Hera was aware that Zeus wasn't keeping his word - in the sense of non-magic, h2h fighting - as shown here:

http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863064_Incredible_Hulks_622_010.jpg

Zeus radiating lightning from his fists is a byproduct of his own sheer raw power. You keep referring to "magic" as if Hulk has some sort of weakness to mystical attacks and it excuses this beat down.

the scans are all there:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=518265&pagenumber=4

He used magic, repeatedly, as Hera acknowledge he was doing.

Where? I don't believe Zeus hitting Hulk with lightning fists necessarily counts as him using magic.

Magic is the spell that Strange cast to summon Zom and while he and Zeus may have mystical origins, they beat the utter crap out of the Hulk because they were flat out way more powerful.

Branlor Swift
Zeus radiating lightning from his fists is a byproduct of his own sheer raw power. You keep referring to "magic" as if Hulk has some sort of weakness to mystical attacks and it excuses this beat down.

Where? I don't believe Zeus hitting Hulk with lightning fists necessarily counts as him using magic.

Magic is the spell that Strange cast to summon Zom and while he and Zeus may have mystical origins, they beat the utter crap out of the Hulk because they were flat out way more powerful. You didn't see Zeus magically amp his eyes?

janus77

The fight clearly shows Zeus using magically amped punches as well as regular punches.

The lightning is magical, just like his fists, the same glow coming from his eyes. The artists was clearly depicting magical energies pouring out from Zeus.

Regardless what you say, the scans prove that Zeus' fists were magically charged for much of the fight and that Zeus' fists aren't normally that way, when punching - as the instances where he doesn't have "glow-y fists" whilst punching Hulk, show.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>