In a Comic Book

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



carver9
This isn't a who would win match... this is basically "how do you think these fight would play out". You can include who would win but overall, what would you think would happen while they are fighting... example... Spiderman blitzing until he get caught by a surprise punch... etc...

Spiderman vs Superman

Wolverine vs Wonder Woman

The Xmen vs JSA (whatever line up you want but has to be 6 people)

Thor vs Darkseid

Magneto vs JLA (Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Aquaman)

Carnage vs Batman, Robin, Batgirl

Thanos vs Spectre

How would these fightds go "in a comic" iyo.

-Pr-
...pr1983

JakeTheBank
Spider-Man versus Superman: In a comic, it would probably be something similar to how they already "fought".

Wolverine versus Wonder Woman: Logan would probably do a helluva lot better than he should in reality. He'd probably land some glancing slashes, piss Diana off, and wind up lasso'd and incapacitated. He'd probably shrug off some of her blows, though. I wouldn't be surprised if some PIS came up with Logan's animal side somehow "resisting" the lasso, though.

X-Men versus JSA: JSA should win in a comic through sheer power, but the X-Men would probably have better tactics and strategy.

Thor vs. Darkseid: Thor would probably get his ass kicked the first time by Darkseid, but once a rematch came up, he'd probably have some epic Thor-speech as he blocks the OE with Mjolnir and slams Darkseid's face in. Just as Thor looked as if he was about to win, random plot device or whatever ends the fight for whatever reason.

Magneto versus JLA: Magneto would probably get amped or be portrayed at an absurd level for him to challenge the JLA. I'd wager he'd do better than Polaris just for the fact he's Magneto.

Carnage vs Batman, Robin, Batgirl: Honestly, probably get his ass kicked by Batman. The sidekicks would get maimed some, but Batman would deduce his weakness and exploit the hell out of them.

Thanos versus Spectre: Thanos gets his ass kicked, but tanks a lot of punishment while doing that stupid Thanos grin he does so well. Probably a lot of dialogue more so than fighting, with Thanos trying to mindphuck Spectre while debating things such as morality and how he should be above God's wrath or something.

carver9
Originally posted by carver9
This isn't a who would win match... this is basically "how do you think these fight would play out". You can include who would win but overall, what would you think would happen while they are fighting... example... Spiderman blitzing until he get caught by a surprise punch... etc...

Spiderman vs Superman

Wolverine vs Wonder Woman

The Xmen vs JSA (whatever line up you want but has to be 6 people)

Thor vs Darkseid

Magneto vs JLA (Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Aquaman)

Carnage vs Batman, Robin, Batgirl

Thanos vs Spectre

How would these fightds go "in a comic" iyo.

I guess I will go first.

I can see Spiderman bouncing all around Superman with blitz type punches and Superman commenting on how fast he is. Superman then gets fed up and speed grabs Spiderman ending with the impact of the grab koing Spidey.

Diana also comments on Wolverine speed but she is blocking Wolvy perfectly with her bracer. Wolverine then manage to get a good stab on Wondy. Wondy looking at her blood hits Wolvy with a haymaker which rambs him into a nearby building koing him.

The Xmen and JSA ends in a stalemate... no matter the team.

Darkseid is crushing Thor... knocking him around everywhere...Thor is on the ground looking at his hammer. Darkseid powers up his Omegabeam and aim it at a Thor on the ground in pain. As he shoot his blast, Thor grabs his hammer, absorbs the blast and shoot it at Darkseid 100 folds stunning him. Thor then stands over him, does his famous quote, "for all of asgard" and hit Darkseid with a hammer shot that light up the entire area (Void style). Darkseid is koed.

Ill do the rest later.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
This isn't a who would win match... this is basically "how do you think these fight would play out". You can include who would win but overall, what would you think would happen while they are fighting... example... Spiderman blitzing until he get caught by a surprise punch... etc...

Allright, how I think it'd happen in a comic book, and not in a forum fight..



Cap: "You can't beat Superman!"

Spiderman: "Watch me!"

And then it goes like Spiderman vs Firelord. big grin



Slash, slash, stabbity stab, lot of blood.]



Well, Batman already beat Carnage down in the Batman/Daredevil crossover, so we know how it'd go in a comic book. rolling on floor laughing



Spectre sees all the blood on Thanos's hands, tries taking vengeance, and dis-corporates because of some stupid cosmic law protecting Thanos like it does EVERY character who's protected by a plot... He couldn't even take vengeance on Joker because of a technicality, for cripes sake...

Q99
Jake and Carver have the right of it with the Diana/Logan fight I'd say.

Superman vs Spider-man, Spidey webs him in the eyes and Superman fumbles around for awhile and Parker has fun with him. But Superman eventually gets more serious, removes the webbing, super-speeds in front of him, arms folded, and Spider-man just surrenders.

JSA vs X-men, depends partially on the X-men lineup too. I'd say they fight because of a misunderstanding, there's a bit of a back and fourth, X-men start to get an upper-hand due to teamwork and aggressiveness, then whoever the powerhouse of that JSA team is (Either Alan or Power Girl most likely) puts their foot down and does a powerful attack that separates the teams. Then the two talk it out. Unless the X-man team has more power than usual (like one with Magneto) and can handle that, in which case stalemate.


Magneto vs JLA, he throws them around and stops several of their attacks, occupying them all and generally doing much better than he should. Then they rally, get their act together, and on the second clash of the battle knock him down.

The Pict
Originally posted by carver9
I guess I will go first.

I can see Spiderman bouncing all around Superman with blitz type punches and Superman commenting on how fast he is. Superman then gets fed up and speed grabs Spiderman ending with the impact of the grab koing Spidey.



no expression You shouldn't have went at all....

Superman can traverse through galaxies in minutes, Spiderman won't be blitzing him....and Spidey's speed is not even a snails compared to Superman, why would Supes comment on it, if he even notices?

Back to the drawing board with this scenario, Carver ermmnone

Q99
No, no. Carver's right; in a comic, Superman would start out acting at normal speed and have some difficulty tagging his agility at first. Then, when he felt he needed to, he'd turn on his super speed.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Spider-Man versus Superman: In a comic, it would probably be something similar to how they already "fought".

Wolverine versus Wonder Woman: Logan would probably do a helluva lot better than he should in reality. He'd probably land some glancing slashes, piss Diana off, and wind up lasso'd and incapacitated. He'd probably shrug off some of her blows, though. I wouldn't be surprised if some PIS came up with Logan's animal side somehow "resisting" the lasso, though.

X-Men versus JSA: JSA should win in a comic through sheer power, but the X-Men would probably have better tactics and strategy.

Thor vs. Darkseid: Thor would probably get his ass kicked the first time by Darkseid, but once a rematch came up, he'd probably have some epic Thor-speech as he blocks the OE with Mjolnir and slams Darkseid's face in. Just as Thor looked as if he was about to win, random plot device or whatever ends the fight for whatever reason.

Magneto versus JLA: Magneto would probably get amped or be portrayed at an absurd level for him to challenge the JLA. I'd wager he'd do better than Polaris just for the fact he's Magneto.

Carnage vs Batman, Robin, Batgirl: Honestly, probably get his ass kicked by Batman. The sidekicks would get maimed some, but Batman would deduce his weakness and exploit the hell out of them.

Thanos versus Spectre: Thanos gets his ass kicked, but tanks a lot of punishment while doing that stupid Thanos grin he does so well. Probably a lot of dialogue more so than fighting, with Thanos trying to mindphuck Spectre while debating things such as morality and how he should be above God's wrath or something.

thumb up

Existere
What Jake said, pretty much.

I think that the Superman/Spider-Man fight would play out similarly to Pete's fights with Captain America (ie, being wowed by Cap and what Cap means and all that crap), without Spider-Man physically holding an advantage over his opponent.

So, basically, I think Clark would laugh Spidey off in comic or out.

Zack Fair
It depends on how much the writters are willing to push the envelope to make guys like Spidey not look bad in comparison to Superman.

Superman can literally just stand there unphased by anything Spidey throws at him and just let him hurt himself like he did the first time they "fought."

If they want Spidey to not look like a disabled hero Spidey will probably surprise Superman with his agility. That would be it. Webbing in the eyes shouldn't really do anything to Supes...like at all.

carver9
Spidey has embarrassed a LOT of top tiers. A LOT.

Zack Fair
Yeah. Give any random on the street Spiderman's exact powers, put a mask on him and name him "La tarantula loca." Tarantula loca won't do shit. Spidey gets away with shit like that because he is fricking Spidey.

carver9
I agree.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Zack Fair
It depends on how much the writters are willing to push the envelope to make guys like Spidey not look bad in comparison to Superman.

Superman can literally just stand there unphased by anything Spidey throws at him and just let him hurt himself like he did the first time they "fought."

If they want Spidey to not look like a disabled hero Spidey will probably surprise Superman with his agility. That would be it. Webbing in the eyes shouldn't really do anything to Supes...like at all.

Webbing in the eyes shouldnt do anything to Supes, but we are talking about in a comic...

The same comicbooks that had Spidy webbing Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet in the eyes and having it affect him; I wouldnt be surprised at all if Spidy webbed Supes in the eyes and it disoriented him in a comicbook...

Zack Fair
It is just that all of his fricking vision powers make the trick seem useless IMHO. However given it is a comic they might make it work. If it is a writter like Loeb then Spidey's webbing blinds Superman, eats away at his skull while Spidey wraps Supermans in his own cape and throws him into a building.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Zack Fair
It is just that all of his fricking vision powers make the trick seem useless IMHO. However given it is a comic they might make it work. If it is a writter like Loeb then Spidey's webbing blinds Superman, eats away at his skull while Spidey wraps Supermans in his own cape and throws him into a building.

laughing out loud

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.