Halo 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_D_J
I'm excited for the HD remake of CE

but HALO 4? erm

and I thought they'd leave the cow rest for a while longer

comes out Holiday 2012 no expression

link coming soon

Zack Fair
They did say they planned on making Halo a yearly release over

S_D_J
Originally posted by Zack Fair

I missed that announcement

erm

EDIT: link

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1172941p1.html

http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/202944-Picture%206.jpg

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-halo-4-start-of-a-new-trilogy-coming-holiday-2012-202944.phtml

Smasandian
I'll be interested to see how the new developers do with the Halo franchise.

I really never liked Bungie game design. Must be the huge Valve fan in me.

Ridley_Prime
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7769/vaderno.jpg

Zack Fair
Originally posted by S_D_J
I missed that announcement

erm

EDIT: link

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1172941p1.html

http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/202944-Picture%206.jpg

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-halo-4-start-of-a-new-trilogy-coming-holiday-2012-202944.phtml

It wasn't ever officially announced, but a couple of 343 employees and Microsoft PR guys did mention that they were thinking about it.

I liked the trailer. Nice to Chief in action in full CGI. A few cutscenes here and there with action like that(as brief as it was) won't hurt the franchise IMO.

Originally posted by Smasandian
I'll be interested to see how the new developers do with the Halo franchise.

I really never liked Bungie game design. Must be the huge Valve fan in me.

I agree.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7769/vaderno.jpg

excellent
http://stellafox84.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/obama_yes_we_can.jpg

FinalAnswer
Ugh.

Nemesis X

Did anyone at Bungie even play a Call of Duty game to know that's a bad idea?

Zack Fair
It ain't Bungie. I think Bungie is well aware of that little fact given how it took nearly 3 years for each Halo to come out.

What do I expect from these yearly games? Nothing. At least Halo 4 has probably been in development for a while so it is not like it will be instant crap...it is the other games after that one. Unless they are planning on remaking Halo 2 for a 2013 release or something. That way they can test if people will actually buy a yearly Halo(Yes they will) by using the remakes and Halo 4.

BackFire
I think a remake of Halo 2 would be pretty cool, actually.

steverules_2
Looks like he's boarding the death star

Zack Fair
Originally posted by BackFire
I think a remake of Halo 2 would be pretty cool, actually.

I'd be all over it like a madman.

Nemesis X
Finish the fight...again no expression

I wonder if there will be a new enemy to fight this time. I'm getting a little tired of the Covenant fodder and I think something new should be brought to the table for once. If this game doesn't end the cycle of repeated enemies, I'm gonna be disappointed.

Zack Fair
I hope the only recurring characters we get are Chief, Cortana and a whole lot of Forerunner mysteries...and endless cicle of repeated enemies? Everyone has that. Most games only change skins in their enemies << But I know what you are trying to say thumbsup

Ridley_Prime
It ain't Bungie. I think Bungie is well aware of that little fact given how it took nearly 3 years for each Halo to come out.

What do I expect from these yearly games? Nothing. At least Halo 4 has probably been in development for a while so it is not like it will be instant crap...it is the other games after that one. Unless they are planning on remaking Halo 2 for a 2013 release or something. That way they can test if people will actually buy a yearly Halo(Yes they will) by using the remakes and Halo 4.
Yeah, basically this. ^^

Not gonna lie, but the Halo 4 trailer was actually pretty badass looking. I'll probably just go straight for that and pass on getting the CE remake. Can see myself changing my mind about that though...

Originally posted by steverules_2
Looks like he's boarding the death star
lol Yeah, that's what I was thinking too initially.

I hope the only recurring characters we get are Chief, Cortana and a whole lot of Forerunner mysteries...and endless cicle of repeated enemies? Everyone has that. Most games only change skins in their enemies << But I know what you are trying to say thumbsup
Yeah, every series has that pretty much. I agree though that facing a whole new threat besides the Covenant and Flood would be pretty nice for a change.

In addition to what you said, I'd also like to Sgt. Johnson again, but I know that won't happen. sad His death by Guilty Spark still pisses me off.

No End N Site
Just got back into the Halo mood, recently. So yeah, I'm ready.

ares834
I'm looking forward to this. As far as I'm concerned Halo > CoD any day of the week.

Ridley_Prime
thumb up It's most of teh sci-fi elements of course that make it appeal to me as much as it does, unlike CoD. awesome

No End N Site
Originally posted by Me
Just got back into the Halo mood, recently. So yeah, I'm ready.

Edit
That is, if it still feels like Halo.

Nemesis X
Wonder what the multiplayer will be like in this. Here's to hoping that during a match, the game won't pause for a long ass period because somebody decided to wuss out like in Halo Reach. Also hoping for vehicle improvements and by improvements, I don't mean nerfing the hell out of them (again, just like in Reach).

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Wonder what the multiplayer will be like in this. Here's to hoping that during a match, the game won't pause for a long ass period because somebody decided to wuss out like in Halo Reach. Also hoping for vehicle improvements and by improvements, I don't mean nerfing the hell out of them (again, just like in Reach).
They were necessary nerfs IMO, for the most part. What I'm wondering about though is if the multiplayer's going to have any kind of armor abilities like Reach. By that I mean like new ones, and if they're gonna be bitched about as much as Armor Lock was. laughing out loud

Nemesis X
They were necessary nerfs IMO, for the most part. What I'm wondering about though is if the multiplayer's going to have any kind of armor abilities like Reach. By that I mean like new ones, and if they're gonna be bitched about as much as Armor Lock was. laughing out loud

Well IMO, I don't think the nerfs were necessary. I believe they're gonna bring back the jetpack and I hope they upgrade it to make it look like you're flying Iron Man-style. That would help ease the pain in players when somebody beats them to a Banshee. I don't think any other armor ability could gain as much infamy as the Armor Lock unless there's going to be an armor ability that returns fire. Imagine how many sniper users would be pissed if such a thing was made.

Ridley_Prime
lol Well maybe they deserve having their shots returned back at them if they do absolutely nothing but camp. Then they'd actually have more to watch out for..

How was the tank nerf in Reach unnecessary?

Zack Fair
Snipers should camp though....it is what the weapon does. I still hate camping snipers but that is why I try to get the sniper and kill them.

As for the tank nerf...while I think it IS stupid that you can't get out if you are boarded...the tank is still overpowered as ****. It should be too...being a tank n' all of that.

Nemesis X
lol Well maybe they deserve having their shots returned back at them if they do absolutely nothing but camp. Then they'd actually have more to watch out for..

How was the tank nerf in Reach unnecessary?

I am offended by this sir. I use the sniper every once and awhile and am good with it and the price of doing so is patience which you seem to lack. If it makes you feel any better, I don't mostly use the sniper rifle anyways and mostly go for the Banshee. I am a beast with that. In most of my matches, the entire opposing team would make it their main objective to shoot me down. I haven't seen people act so mad like that in awhile, it makes me laugh.

I think it's bullcrap that a group of DMR users can destroy a Wraith. Those weapons are so frikkin annoying every time I jump into those things.

Scythe
Wow, I just now got onboard the Halo train with Reach, so this is amazing. Remakes of the older games would be so awesome too cuz I've become a graphics whore.

Ridley_Prime
Snipers should camp though....it is what the weapon does. I still hate camping snipers but that is why I try to get the sniper and kill them.

As for the tank nerf...while I think it IS stupid that you can't get out if you are boarded...the tank is still overpowered as ****. It should be too...being a tank n' all of that.
Fair enough.

Yeah, that's true. Admittedly though, it is kinda silly how even sniper rifle shots can make a tank freakin' explode now, but yeah. Not being able to get out while boarded is prolly the worst most annoying part.

I am offended by this sir. I use the sniper every once and awhile and am good with it and the price of doing so is patience which you seem to lack. If it makes you feel any better, I don't mostly use the sniper rifle anyways and mostly go for the Banshee. I am a beast with that. In most of my matches, the entire opposing team would make it their main objective to shoot me down. I haven't seen people act so mad like that in awhile, it makes me laugh.

I think it's bullcrap that a group of DMR users can destroy a Wraith. Those weapons are so frikkin annoying every time I jump into those things.
I lack patience? Based on what?

Agreed on that 2nd part.

Kazenji
Wow people are behind the times

theres a trailer now

s7CAxsqVx04

Scythe
I saw that and shit my pants.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Scythe
I saw that and shit my pants.

Not for real...... i hope.

Scythe
Originally posted by Kazenji
Not for real...... i hope.

Metaphorically, of course! Hehehe....

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Kazenji
Wow people are behind the times

theres a trailer now
Which was shown under spotlight of the 360 dashboard, so I didn't really feel the need to post it here. Plus we were talking about it already in this thread...

Kazenji
In otherwise can't be ****ed.

Morridini
The controls have always been the thing stopping me from truly enjoying Halo. So will only be interested in this one if they completely redo the controls, bash CoD as much as you want to, but their controls work.

Smasandian
I feel the controls work for Halo as well.

There two completely different games. I don't know if CoD controls would necessarily work with Halo.

Bardock42
Having not bought a Halo game since Halo, which I never finished, maybe I'll give this a try.

Probably not though.

Zack Fair
http://wtfcontent.com/img/130661460535.jpg

Keep CoD out of my Halo.

steverules_2
So it's mastercheif vs The death star I see, he's all like thats no moon...thats a space station

Nemesis X
I lack patience? Based on what?

Based on you saying you hate camping.

QFT.

Ridley_Prime
Based on you saying you hate camping.
I hate people who do nothing but camp and snipe. Big difference.

RE: Blaxican
sighs.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
sighs.

You're not happy about the sequel, are you?

Ridley_Prime
Eh, he knows he loves it.

srankmissingnin
http://wtfcontent.com/img/130661460535.jpg

Keep CoD out of my Halo.

Looks more like Mass Effect 2 than CoD... except Mass Effect 2 did in in game and not in some pointless pre-rendered cutscene. cool

Kosmic King
YES!!! AHAHAHA! AYSDASHDZDCNASCJCX

I'm so excited I'm not really sure what to say

Kazenji
Most likey be checking out that new planet we see in the legendary ending for halo 3.

Nemesis X
So far, the most likely thing I can see happening in Halo 4 is the return of the Flood. Suppose that a bunch of spores got on the frigate and when Master Chief docks (I assume the wrecked frigate is caught in a tractor beam) or crashes into what seems to be the Forerunner's last refuge, the Flood will begin infecting and the thought to be extinct race would either hunt Chief down for bringing with him their demise or have him fight alongside them to eliminate what's left of the parasites.

Zack Fair
I doubt the Flood will be returning. The Flood were universally hated and it would just make everything too dull and uninspiring. Then again it might happen and I'll probably be forced to kill myself.

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Looks more like Mass Effect 2 than CoD... except Mass Effect 2 did in in game and not in some pointless pre-rendered cutscene. cool

I was talking about the controller. Someone said they never liked Halo's controller(blasphemy! It is still one of the best controller setups out there) and that he wouldn't mind a more CODesque controller.

Perhaps they could add a CODesque controller setup but I dunno.

As for Mass Effect...don't make me choose between the two. Halo will come out on top. masdurchief

Nemesis X
I doubt the Flood will be returning. The Flood were universally hated and it would just make everything too dull and uninspiring. Then again it might happen and I'll probably be forced to kill myself.

I'm not happy with the idea as much as you but that doesn't alter the possibilities of there actually being Flood. If they do make a comeback, the Gravemind better make one too and is a boss. If he's a boss, that would probably satisfy a lot of people. I know I would be. Near the end of Halo 3, I was hoping to face him but instead, the boss was Guilty Spark. GUILTY SPARK! mad

Zack Fair
And the mother ****er killed the baddest mofo in the Haloverse >__< Stupid SPARK ARGH

Ridley_Prime
Indeed.

Also, about the Elites. Think they'll be friend again (like in Halo 3), or foe (like in Reach and the others that took place before 3) ? Am hoping they'll still be allies if they're included in some part of the new game(s), personally.

Cyner
Honestly I loved having the chance to finally kill Guilty Spark. Johnson meant nothing to me anyway.

General G
Originally posted by Cyner
Honestly I loved having the chance to finally kill Guilty Spark. Johnson meant nothing to me anyway.

Agreeeeeeed. Spark had been pissing me off since Halo: CE. I got out of that part exactly what the developers wanted: satisfaction in being the one to deal the killing blow to that flying light bulb.

Ridley_Prime
The only way I could've gotten my "full" satisfaction out of killing Guilty Spark is if doing so meant undoing what he did to Johnson, aside from the glitch where Johnson's still alive after the cutscene where he "dies" and then gets infected by the Flood on the way out... lol

Nemesis X
You know what would really do justice in future Halo multiplayer? Trolls being branded. Suppose that when a player hits and/or kills his/her teammates on purpose, they secretely get Troll points and when they have enough, a Troll symbol will be placed right next to their username whenever they play Halo and shall be forever shunned by the Halo community for being such a dick. Also, when a Troll appears in the lobby, we can vote on whether or not to keep him/her in there. You know what, why wait? Bungie should put it in Reach. Now!

Ridley_Prime
Before they ever do that though, they should take Sword Base away as a map to use for zombies/infection.

Nemesis X
I was playing Firefight today and I've noticed something. My teammates were trying to troll me but I was immune to their attacks no matter how many times they shot me. WTF? Teammates can kill eachother in everything but Firefight? Bungie must think it's funny allowing only one mode to not have betrayals while the majority of players have to suffer in team slayer, CTF, Assault, etc.. 343 Industries better make all the multiplayer modes troll-proof in Halo 4 if they know what's good for them.

Ridley_Prime
There's still a Reach thread if we're just gonna continue discussing that game. This thread should only be for Halo 4.

To answer your question though, players used to be able to kill each other in firefight, which then the victim could just kick the other player from the game. It got out of hand eventually, especially when it came to accidental team killing like in rocket fight, and someone would get kicked as a result, so they made it to where you could no longer kill other players in firefight in the first patch or so. Also prevents trolls from being able to troll in firefight as well as they could before, so it was for the best. You should be thanking Bungie for that..

Nemesis X
There's still a Reach thread if we're just gonna continue discussing that game. This thread should only be for Halo 4.

I am only bringing up Reach just to point out of some things that need to be improved and added in the next installment.

Ridley_Prime
Pretty epic wallpaper for this game, I must say.

http://halo.xbox.com/Content/assets/en-us/blog/News/HaloCEAHalo4Wallpapers/Halo4_1600x1200.jpg

Looks like it's calling me home. 313

Zack Fair
That sure is Epic. Looks like my Gow3 beta tester wallpaper is going bye bye

Scythe
I was playing Firefight today and I've noticed something. My teammates were trying to troll me but I was immune to their attacks no matter how many times they shot me. WTF? Teammates can kill eachother in everything but Firefight? Bungie must think it's funny allowing only one mode to not have betrayals while the majority of players have to suffer in team slayer, CTF, Assault, etc.. 343 Industries better make all the multiplayer modes troll-proof in Halo 4 if they know what's good for them.

1. Yeah, Reach thread, obviously. Ya got the link though, thanks Ridley.

2. Friendly fire can be turned on or off on firefight, prolly why you were immune.

3. Tentacles.

Nemesis X
1. Yeah, Reach thread, obviously. Ya got the link though, thanks Ridley.

2. Friendly fire can be turned on or off on firefight, prolly why you were immune.

3. Tentacles.

1. Right. I'm clearly not bringing up Reach just to point out some things that need improving for the next Halo at all roll eyes (sarcastic)

2. Which is something Ridley already told me since yesterday.

Scythe
1. Right. I'm clearly not bringing up Reach just to point out some things that need improving for the next Halo at all roll eyes (sarcastic)

2. Which is something Ridley already told me since yesterday.

1. Woof, woof, woof

2. Yeah, I was certainly there...

3. What do you think of Halo 4 so far?

Nemesis X
1. Woof, woof, woof

2. Yeah, I was certainly there...

3. What do you think of Halo 4 so far?

1. What does your girlfriend have to do with this?

2. Okay then.

3. I think Halo 4 looks interesting. I have been hoping for this game to happen eversince I saw Halo 3's legendary ending after all.

Scythe
What was Halo 3'd legendary ending?

Kazenji
I'm sure it must be up on youtube somewhere.

Nemesis X
What was Halo 3'd legendary ending?

Skip to 4:40

VybS1C-4CAk

Scythe
Ah, alrightty, thanks. Was expecting just a quick explanation but that vid more than works. I was really looking forward to basically getting it done, but that's not gonna happen though, I don't know if it's my 360 shittin' out on me or what, but both my Halo 3 and ODST games won't load the campaign on either disc.

Skip to 4:40

VybS1C-4CAk Every time I see that ending I choke up. People who say Halo doesn't have a good story can kiss my ass, Bungie's grade A at that shit.

Ridley_Prime
Don't know about grade A, but I guess they sure can excel at it when they want to.

Kazenji
Halo 4 To Be the First Part in the 'Reclaimer Trilogy'

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9410-Halo-4-To-Be-the-First-Part-in-the--Reclaimer-Trilogy-.html

Nemesis X
vAKmu2yn3Fk&feature=related

Zack Fair
r-u9ZDFs180

Sigh. Yeah, admittedly I'm feeling a little bit of hype. I thought that after the disappointment that Reach and ODST were, I'd be cool on Halo forever. But, the Master Chief will always have a place in my heart.

Zack Fair
thumb up

3 things that I like:

#1 They are aiming to mke the campaign more cinematic. I wonder what they mean by that. Will they be including CG cutscenes this time? Will they be using scripted events ala CoD? I liked the scene where the Chief used his strength to open a door. I hope we can now get actual feats in the games.

#2 Looks like they will be traying to get back the competitive fanbase with the return of the Battle Rifle and Developing maps solely for multiplayer.

#3 Spartan 4s look great.

Nemesis X
I gotta say the game looks promising. It'd be great if they'd also tell us who the enemies are.

Nemesis X
Fact sheet

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/03/08/The-Halo-Bulletin-30712.aspx

So the Covenant are back but they're the least of our worries? Either they're hinting the Flood (somewhere in the world, Zack Fair is probably cursing) or there'll be a completely new enemy or both. Hopefully we get some new enemies.

Ridley_Prime
This kind of reminds me now of how the Space Pirates in Metroid are usually always brought back, even if they're not always the main focus. That said, I don't mind seeing some Covenant again. If anything I guess they're too iconic to stop being in the series altogether. Personally I'd miss hearing the funny Grunt yells and such after awhile if there were no Covenant at all.

The Flood returning would be more nonsensical though, not to mention it would shit all over Halo 3's ending. It's most likely gotta be new enemies. If not, then 343's officially a lot less creative than Bungie. Anyway, still lovin' the improved cinematics so far.

dadudemon
From what I gather, it will be similar to Starcraft 2's major enemy:

Originally, it is the Zerg. Then the Protoss. But then we realize that it is an enemy that is greater than the Zerg and the Protoss pulling the strings like the Reapers from Mass Effect.

For Halo...originally, it is the Covenant. Then it is the Flood. Now it is an enemy that is greater than the Flood.

Anyone picking up a pattern here? I am. Triple threats of ascension.

I actually pointed that out like 5 years ago in the Halo 3 thread. 313

AvP follows a similar pattern.

Nemesis X
This kind of reminds me now of how the Space Pirates in Metroid are usually always brought back, even if they're not always the main focus. That said, I don't mind seeing some Covenant again. If anything I guess they're too iconic to stop being in the series altogether. Personally I'd miss hearing the funny Grunt yells and such after awhile if there were no Covenant at all.

True that.

Well it's not like the Ark automatically killed off all Flood in the entire galaxy and the Flood were contained in more than one Forerunner facility other than the one on the Halo Array in Combat Evolved so it's a possibility. I'm not saying it would be a good thing if they came back (I swear to God, if I find one more level like Cortana if they do...) but I'm not gonna rule anything out just because it annoyed me in the past (mostly). Also, I'm pretty sure there'll be new enemies.

You don't think Halo 3's ending wasn't already shat all over when 4 was announced? Does the saying "finish the fight" ring any bells? I know that was directed towards the war with the Covenant but still.

Nemesis X
Cortana revealed by Game Informer:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/05/introducing-halo-4s-cortana/

And Nephthys calls EDI a milf haermm

KingD19
Halo 3 didn't offer a definitive ending. Chief goes into cryo-sleep and you see a planet iirc. Did you guys think he was just gonna be asleep forever?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by KingD19
Halo 3 didn't offer a definitive ending. Chief goes into cryo-sleep and you see a planet iirc. Did you guys think he was just gonna be asleep forever?

No not really. And I'll be surprised if anyone thought otherwise.

I wonder how long they've been in that ship.

Because, smart a.i.'s like cortana go insane after 7 years iirc. She should be reaching that mark soon.

Also, not impressed with her look.

KingD19
Game Informer says it's been a couple years, and one of the big things is that there might be a way for Cortana to save herself. And you're fighting the Covenant again.

Originally posted by KingD19
And you're fighting the Covenant again.

... really? erm

That sucks. They're going to have to really find a way to spin that.

Nemesis X
I wonder how long they've been in that ship.

Because, smart a.i.'s like cortana go insane after 7 years iirc. She should be reaching that mark soon.

Also, not impressed with her look.

I think she already lost her sanity in Halo 3 when she was hanging out with the Gravemind but was able to reclaim it once Master Chief got her back.

Yeah, I'm not digging Cortana's new look either. She's better off with her Halo 3-look IMO.

Nemesis X
http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/03/08/The-Halo-Bulletin-30712.aspx

KingD19
... really? erm

That sucks. They're going to have to really find a way to spin that.

From what I read in GI, you wake up and you're basically getting butt raped by a bunch of Covenant ships. But you don't know why or what group they belong to.

And you're going to a Shield World, which is basically the safe guard against the Halo Rings. It's a planet sized Dyson Sphere which protects everything on the planet from the Halo's going off. And you might find some Protheans.

Zack Fair
Protheans?

http://www.tinygif.com/data/media/19/huh-wait-what.gif

KingD19
Mass Effect's on my mind. I meant Forerunners, lol. Same concept.

Nemesis X
Multiplayer mode and abilities are announced:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/16/halo-4s-multiplayer-introduces-regicide-mode-forerunner-vis/

Also, the release date has been confirmed via good 'ol RvB:

204W-mntR1o

Zack Fair
Multiplayer mode and abilities are announced:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/16/halo-4s-multiplayer-introduces-regicide-mode-forerunner-vis/

Also, the release date has been confirmed via good 'ol RvB:

204W-mntR1o

http://www.cuentamelared.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/me-gusta.jpg

Phanteros
So they finally ditched the motocross armors?

I can smell the ensuing butthurt coming from tryhards about how Halo's turning into call of duty.

dadudemon
I can smell the ensuing butthurt coming from tryhards about how Halo's turning into call of duty.

You can smell the butthurt? I bet it smells like blood and sh*t. yes

Oh, you better believe it. Blood, shit, and mostly tears.

Zack Fair
Disgusting.

Greysen93
Can't wait, it's ganna be great.

Nemesis X
What are your guys' thoughts on Forerunner Vision: an ability you'll use in multiplayer that'll have you seeing enemies through walls?

Sounds like it'll make it really ****ing easy to camp with the shotgun and energy sword and brute hammer.

Nemesis X
Yeah that's what I thought too. I wonder how 343 will balance this.

Greysen93
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of that. It's really ganna piss me off if a bunch of people start just camping with that.

Robtard
Really looking forward to it, loved Halo and Halo 2. Halo 3 was okay. ODST was crap.

Never cared for the multi-player on Halo games with the exception of the very first using 3rd party software. H3 was one of the worst FPS multiplayers, imo.

Nemesis X
I just hope to God that the weapons everyone starts with in Halo 4 matchmaking is not a DMR. I always found it more traditional if you started off with just an assault rifle and a pistol. Screw the DMR.

Zack Fair
I just hope to God that the weapons everyone starts with in Halo 4 matchmaking is not a DMR. I always found it more traditional if you started off with just an assault rifle and a pistol. Screw the DMR.
http://www.funfunblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/sneeze-and-puke.gif

Nemesis X
I don't get it and I don't think I want to.

Zack Fair
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-mmNpJYz2ajY/Toxe16vIoPI/AAAAAAAAAFA/SvzJ94M9SPU/Distraught_fan.gif

Nemesis X
Now you're upset?

Zack Fair
Yes. =(

Nemesis X
BQ-mmSh9yMw

This is actually pretty good.

Arachnid1
That is an outstanding soundtrack. Whoever the new guy is is pretty great. Happy Dance

Zack Fair
Cover

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/05/untitled1.jpg

BackFire
That's some cluttered cover art, right now. The color palette is pretty nice, though. Then again, I'm a sucker for light blue.

Nemesis X
Limited edition announced:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/16/halo-4-limited-edition-includes-multiplayer-map-dlc-videos/

mmmmmmm. Day-One DLC.

Ridley_Prime
Capcom leaves such a fine example roll eyes (sarcastic), even if they themselves aren't the ones doing it anymore because of having to reevaluate their practices.

Here's a huge swathe of info about the game. Let me break it down with quotes.

Latest News:

New live action web series called Forward Unto Dawn to appear on Machinima & Waypoint. This is a big budget (largest live action budget so far) standalone series looking to bring new people into Halo lore.

"Forward Unto Dawn" will play out over five weekly installments, around 15 minutes each, telling an original story about the game's Master Chief and how he inspired a young UNSC cadet who will eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC Infinity spacecraft. Introduction of the new character will tie in with the plot of "Halo 4," while providing a flashback to the beginning of the "Halo" franchise's war between the humans and the evil Covenant.

NO 1-50 Halo 3 rank, NO Arena Reach ranking, Spartan laser, NO dedicated servers, NO multiplayer bots (Infinity), Female Spartans, New Railgun, 3rd multiplayer map, MP Pause Menu for loadouts, limited QTE's, DMR & BR Mechanics, both 5 shot kill.

CONTINUED FROM PAGE 6:

http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst74939_Nothing-But-Unbiased-Facts--Updated-05-14-12.aspx

Some additional info on the live-action series

gameplay:

VDZw8nDRhlk&feature=g-u-u

Nemesis X
I read all that and saw no mention of 343 turning off friendly fire. Really disappointed.

Zack Fair
They probably never will.

Nemesis X
Which is pretty lame considering how immature the majority of the gaming community seems to be when abusing the friendly fire system. I understand why it's added it but I don't think it's wise adding it in games just yet when the world's in such a harsh condition from all this stupidity from gamers who want to whine at you 'cause you're making more kills or you got to the sniper before he did or maybe they don't whine and only kill you just to be a dick. Either friendly fire goes away or have 343 make a better booting system. For now, go Team Retard!

You know, I've been playing Halo since it came out in 2001, and over the course of the past 11 years, I've never really had issues with team-killing.

Nemesis X
You know, I've been playing Halo since it came out in 2001, and over the course of the past 11 years, I've never really had issues with team-killing.

Well aren't you lucky.

Ridley_Prime
No playing as Elites or dual-wielding? Well that's lame. At least the Flood are deconfirmed though, but I'm probably not looking forward to joining games in progress since more often than not you'll be put on a team that's about to lose or something.

Zack Fair
No playing as Elites or dual-wielding? Well that's lame. At least the Flood are deconfirmed though, but I'm probably not looking forward to joining games in progress since more often than not you'll be put on a team that's about to lose or something.

Still better than getting stuck in a 2 vs 4 game.

Zack Fair
5N-CRrP9xjQ

droolio

About time Chief came back.

ares834
Looks great.

The forerunners or whatever the new enemies are and the new weapons look awesome.

Zack Fair
Indeed. I like how Chief was going to engage the AI/Whatever in melee.

Smasandian
I thought it looked cool.

Much better than previous games.

Zack Fair
Game looks/feels overall more edgy and atmospheric, and I fricking love it.

Nemesis X
Well at least we're now certain the campaign won't disappoint and now hopefully the multiplayer won't suck as the developers let on.

Zack Fair
Did anyone else get the Metroid Prime vibe?

BackFire
Yep, definitely, Zack. Good call.

Zack Fair
BPvWOcC2LKYJQCP85FngzE

Phanteros
Game is looking awesome.

Zack Fair
http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/videos/89542-halo-4-exclusive-look-developer-commentary-1

droolio

Nemesis X
http://kotaku.com/5917398/teabagging-returns-in-halo-4

Zack Fair
LoL.

Teabagging will always be a part of Halo.

Nemesis X
LoL.

Teabagging will always be a part of Halo.

Despite it being rather unintentional from the get-go. It's funny how 343's even acknowleding it as a "victory crouch" and saying "It's an important part of the combat experience." The #&^*? haermm

It's only important if you want your kids to troll maybe. While it's good news you can no longer witness such immaturity, I think it would've been funny if 343 instead added something extra to the gameplay like if you abuse the crouch button and tap it like a mad motha, your Spartan would slow down automatically like an old man with back problems, making him/her a sitting duck for a brief moment and tell you how much karma's gonna bite you in your noob arse when people from the opposite team kill you.

Zack Fair
An achievement lol

srankmissingnin
I've played enough Halo multiplayer unmuted to know the apparent target audience of Halo is prepubescent 13 year old boys and racist / homophobic d-bag frat boys, so tea bagging makes sense I guess.

Don't you like Nathan Drake, the biggestffrat-boy douchebag protagonist of them all?

Scythe

This.

Nemesis X
Are you sure you didn't just play with people you knew?

srankmissingnin
Don't you like Nathan Drake, the biggestffrat-boy douchebag protagonist of them all?

You never met a frat-boy have you? Nathan Drake is essential a video game incarnation of Nathan Fillion... who in there right mind would refer to Fillion as frat-boy douchebag? confused

I happen to hate Captain Mal with a passion.

Zack Fair

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>