Asgardians vs. Mutants

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McNasty996
Asgardians:
Thor
Destroyer Armor(Sif)
Loki(with all shown weapons)
Warriors Three
Heimdall

vs.

Mutants:
Magneto
Sebastion Shaw
Professor X
Banshee
Havok
Riptide
Azazel

The mutants are the versions shown in First Class
Xavior can walk
Assume that while Xavior cannot control the Asgradians
minds, he can read them
Assume that Magneto cannot directly affect the Asgardians
Fight takes place on the island where the Blackbird crashed and the warships are still around and can be used
Mutants begin by the Submarine
Asgardians begin by the Blackbird
Who wins?

Robtard
If walking Xavier is anything like wheelchair Xavier, he solos all except for the armor.

Magneto > the armor

Zack Fair
durthor

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
If walking Xavier is anything like wheelchair Xavier, he solos all except for the armor.

Magneto > the armor

Have you seen the movie? He does the "freeze everyone" trick in First Class, as well. That said, the OP said he cannot control them minds of the Assguardians. So that trick is out.

I think that Magneto solos when he's not gimped. He can just crush every last one of them because they all have metal on their bodies. They could be hurt even in their "immortal" forms.

The fact that Xavier and Magneto both had to be strongly gimped shows quite clearly that this thread would be one-sided without a gimp.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Have you seen the movie? He does the "freeze everyone" trick in First Class, as well. That said, the OP said he cannot control them minds of the Assguardians. So that trick is out.

I think that Magneto solos when he's not gimped. He can just crush every last one of them because they all have metal on their bodies. They could be hurt even in their "immortal" forms.

The fact that Xavier and Magneto both had to be strongly gimped shows quite clearly that this thread would be one-sided without a gimp.

Haven't, why I said "if he's like wheelchair X". Ah, didnt read closely enough.

Agreed, Magneto could solo too, if he's like his older homosexual self(X1-3) in First Class.

So Xavier isn't really Xavier and Magneto isn't really Magneto, what an odd thread.

Is Azazel a teleporter like Nightcrawler? Cos he'd likely **** shit up then too.

Nephthys
Pretty much.

KingD19

Is Azazel a teleporter like Nightcrawler? Cos he'd likely **** shit up then too.

Yes my dear tard, he's just as efficient as his son. The only differences being that he's red, and has no problem killing people until they die.

Impediment
Magneto and Xavier are way too gimped to win.

What's Charles gonna do by not being able to control minds? Give weather updates and tell his team what the wildest fantasies of the Asgardians are?

McNasty996
I'm sorry that I jumped the gun on this then but I was under the impression that debaters could give the Asgardians some wins through creative use of abilities and aggression (I.E. the Destroyer firing up the moment the match starts or having Thor reign down lightening and Loki freezing everything and illusions). Are these not suitable methods of attaining some wins or am I flat out wrong?

McNasty996
Originally posted by Impediment

What's Charles gonna do by not being able to control minds? Give weather updates and tell his team what the wildest fantasies of the Asgardians are?

He could have the ships fire on Thor and Mags could restrain or disorient the Destroyer by tossing the sub at it and having Sebastion fry it with its own energy.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Impediment

Nothing gamebreaking, but he can still coordinate his team and spy on the enemy perfectly. Both are damn helpful in a fight.

Rogue Jedi

Magneto > the armor Haven't seen Thor, but this sounds right.

Darth Martin
So can Xavier mindrape them? Because if not for that then I say the X-Men are outclassed. Thor is a powerhouse, Loki has too many tricks, and Destroyer....well....destroys.

the ninjak
Loki can walk invisibly amongst the people of Midgard.
A magic dagger blast through the back of Xavier and Erik's heads and the fight starts to turn in the Asgardian's favor.

Actually Loki is the key altogether in this. Once Magento is killed and Thor rains a hurricane on the mutants. Sif in the Destroyer would just disassemble everyone.

Once Magneto tries to lift and harm the Destroyer the invisible Loki would know that Erik is the first target. Followed by that pesky Telepath that is affecting the teams minds.

Asgardians have impressive durability as well as shown by Volstagg. I don't thnk Azazel can cut one so easily.

Nephthys
Xavier will still be able to read his mind.

Robtard
Originally posted by Nephthys

and Magneto doesn't have to see metal to sense it.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Nephthys

Cool I thought of that as well but the guy has the ability to cloud himself from Heimdall's gaze. I think in invisiblity form just like in the comics he is terrifyingly efficient at walking amongst the Earth.

The infiltration of the SHIELD installations twice in the film are'nt really relevent. But the guy seems to be able to see the world from other locations. And can enter places in earth at his choosing without use of the Bifrost. The guy is an expert sorceror.

He was fighting trapped in a horde of mystical Frost Giants at the beginning. And had I slight hard time. But he can avoid a being who is more impressive than Xavier.

Im just fighting for the Asgardians here.

and Magneto doesn't have to see metal to sense it.

How good was this particular ability in Xmen First Class? He could smell out adamantium in X3. And knew when the guard had Mercury in him in X2. But I don't know about First Class.

There is debri everywhere in this locale. Lots of Action. He'll be focused on the Destroyer.

Robtard
Originally posted by the ninjak

How good was this particular ability in Xmen First Class? He could smell out adamantium in X3. And knew when the guard had Mercury in him in X2. But I don't know about First Class.

There is debri everywhere in this locale. Lots of Action. He'll be focused on the Destroyer.

From what I'm told, he's similar in power, ie same character.

-He stopped all the bullets, he was surrounded by metal, cars, buildings etc. X1

-He sensed Wolverine while on a train, surrounded by metal. X1

-That was iron in the guard's blood-stream, as per what Magneto said. X2

So I'm not sure if "lots of metal" ****s with his sensing ability. Either way, Xavier can be in constant contact with everyone and alert Magneto that some invisible fool is trying to sneak up on him.

the ninjak
From what I'm told, he's similar in power, ie same character.

-He stopped all the bullets, he was surrounded by metal, cars, buildings etc. X1

-He sensed Wolverine while on a train, surrounded by metal. X1

-That was iron in the guard's blood-stream, as per what Magneto said. X2

So I'm not sure if "lots of metal" ****s with his sensing ability. Either way, Xavier can be in constant contact with everyone and alert Magneto that some invisible fool is trying to sneak up on him.

This is the First Class versions.
And Xavier sensing him as I said, Loki avoided Heimdall's gaze he is invisible. One magic blast to the back of the head and Mags is dead.
One of those bolts he threw into the Frost Giants arm. Shattering it and the ice blade.
That in the back of a persons's head would die instantly.

Robtard
This is the First Class versions.
And Xavier sensing him as I said, Loki avoided Heimdall's gaze he is invisible. One magic blast to the back of the head and Mags is dead.
One of those bolts he threw into the Frost Giants arm. Shattering it and the ice blade.
That in the back of a persons's head would die instantly.

Heimdall's gaze isn't Xavier's mind. Apples to oranges. So saying Loki can avoid Xavier's mental capabilities cos he's invisible is unfounded.

Xavier is already gimped enough in this thread cos he'd literally "WTF STOMP" all the living Asgardians by himself and in an instant. No need to gimp him further.

the ninjak
We haven't even considered Loki using that power casket!

They including Xavier will be freezed in 1 second.
Loki could create it in his hands.

And the idea of a person inside a Destroyer Armor being affected by telepathy is nuts. A helmut invented by the Russians block telepathy, a room in a submarine blocks telepathy. laughing

You would think an armor designed by Odin himself to fight intergalactic threats would protect it from telepathy. As I stated before the Destroyer is wrecking havok on the team.
Plus Thor, he lifts his hammer and creates a strike on the ground that TEARS THE EARTH APART!

Robtard
He'd need arms to open it and having been crushed and held in his armor is likely to negate that.

This is a nonsense thread though as noted, the X-Team is hugely gimped in order to give the Asgardians a chance.

the ninjak
He'd need arms to open it and having been crushed and held in his armor is likely to negate that.

This is a nonsense thread though as noted, the X-Team is hugely gimped in order to give the Asgardians a chance.

The Asgardian's destroy. I know this now. Loki has enchanted invisibility and opens his Ice Casket.

Destroyer is pounding into the team.

Thor in 2 secs has created a blast so strong into creates a ripple of shattering earth outwards.

Xavier in this brief period of time can only affect one person at a time and by the time it happens he's already dead. Mags gets frozen amongst the rest of em or gets torn apart by Thor's blast. He and Shaw may survive Thor's blast but Loki finishes things with the Ice.

Robtard
The Asgardian's destroy. I know this now. Loki has enchanted invisibility and opens his Ice Casket.

Destroyer is pounding into the team.

Thor in 2 secs has created a blast so strong into creates a ripple of shattering earth outwards.

Xavier in this brief period of time can only affect one person at a time and by the time it happens he's already dead. Mags gets frozen amongst the rest of em or gets torn apart by Thor's blast. He and Shaw may survive Thor's blast but Loki finishes things with the Ice.

Asgardians could likely win with the gimped conditions of the X-team.

Apparently Xavier in this film has similar feats as he did in X2, so what you said in completely wrong, he can affect mass quantities of people and in an instant. If he wasn't gimped here to only reading minds.

the ninjak
Asgardians could likely win with the gimped conditions of the X-team.

Apparently Xavier in this film has similar feats as he did in X2, so what you said in completely wrong, he can affect mass quantities of people and in an instant. If he wasn't gimped here to only reading minds.

Yes but he could only enter one person's mind at a time. Control them like a puppet. Choose any of Thor or Loki. Either destroy everything in a second. Mindful that Loki is in an enchanted invisibility.

thanos-prime
Couldn't Shaw solo? I haven't seen Thor yet but from what ive heard none of them should be able to stand up to Shaw.

the ninjak
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Couldn't Shaw solo? I haven't seen Thor yet but from what ive heard none of them should be able to stand up to Shaw.

Shaw gets frozen by the Ice Casket or at least slowed down. Freezing isn't a kinetic attack.

Thor can lift him into the sky and he has never shown the ability to absorb magic. stick out tongue

One thing Shaw doesn't have in the movie is speed.

thanos-prime
I could see that.

Not something i see thor doing before he get's knocked out.

No but he has the durability to make up for it.

the ninjak
Well i could see attack's like that working, So i guess he couldn't solo but he could come damn close to doing it.

Nah Shaw is pretty screwed. Once the Ice blast hits like at the beginning of Thor on those Norse people. He is frozen.

But if Xavier pours all of his concentration into an invisible Loki. Thor blasts the area apart. Then flies into the sky and sucks him into the air. thors blast obliterating the other members.

thanos-prime
Nah Shaw is pretty screwed. Once the Ice blast hits like at the beginning of Thor on those Norse people. He is frozen.

But if Xavier pours all of his concentration into an invisible Loki. Thor blasts the area apart. Then flies into the sky and sucks him into the air. well that's assuming loki goes right after Shaw if he didn't and Shaw had absorbed enough kinetic energy he could free himself from the ice.

the ninjak
well that's assuming loki goes right after Shaw if he didn't and Shaw had absorbed enough kinetic energy he could free himself from the ice.

Dude. Loki opening that casket opens a blast worse than if Cyclops took his visor off. It spreads at a 90 dg angle and creates a frozen ice age in that area. In the movie it frooze an entire village and landscape.

You have to also understand that they are about 50 metres apart.

thanos-prime
Dude. Loki opening that casket opens a blast worse than if Cyclops took his visor off. It spreads at a 90 dg angle and creates a frozen ice age in that area. In the movie it frooze an entire village and landscape. well is i said i haven't seen the movie yet, didn't know it spread out so much. Is this something you see him doing at the start of the fight tho?

the ninjak
well is i said i haven't seen the movie yet, didn't know it spread out so much. Is this something you see him doing at the start of the fight tho?

Yes. While under an invisibility enchantment that could avoid Heimdall's gaze.

thanos-prime
Yes. While under an invisibility enchantment that could avoid Heimdall's gaze. Hmm i see guess the asgardians win then

the ninjak
Hmm i see I guess the asgardians win then

Right on brother.

Robtard
Yes but he could only enter one person's mind at a time. Control them like a puppet. Choose any of Thor or Loki. Either destroy everything in a second. Mindful that Loki is in an enchanted invisibility.
Wrong. DDM said Xavier's feats in 1st Class were similar to his feat in the X2 mall scene. So that standing as true, he isn't limited to a 'one at a time' thing as you suggest. He'd be in all their minds and his teams, coordinating attacks.

Ungimped, Xavier takes down the entire Asgardian team with a thought.

Robtard
Yes. While under an invisibility enchantment that could avoid Heimdall's gaze.

There's nothing to suggest being invisible also hides Loki's mind from telepaths. You're comparing apples to oranges again.

the ninjak
Do you really think the mutants, standing in a line. Could withstand the distraction that is the Destroyer armor blasting the small area that is the battlefield?

Would give Xavier the edge to focus on stopping Thor destroying everything and Loki freezing the entire landscape? The guy had to hide in the fallen Blackbird because he was afraid to receive damage. He couldn't stop the other combatants in other Xmen films. Mystique, Sabertooth. Nah he's as weak against real combatants as Mags has been toned down in the films. He takes down the unwary, fine but combatants? no.

Plus Thor's helmut for arguments sakes. Would you consider it to be less advanced then some concoction the Russian's dreamt up? stick out tongue

Tell me a moment when he ever stops all the combatants.

Robtard
Do you really think the mutants, standing in a line. Could withstand the distraction that is the Destroyer armor blasting the small area that is the battlefield?

Would give Xavier the edge to focus on stopping Thor destroying everything and Loki freezing the entire landscape? The guy had to hide in the fallen Blackbird because he was afraid to receive damage. He couldn't stop the other combatants in other Xmen films. Mystique, Sabertooth. Nah he's as weak against real combatants as Mags has been toned down in the films. He takes down the unwary, fine but combatants? no.

Plus Thor's helmut for arguments sakes. Would you consider it to be less advanced then some concoction the Russian's dreamt up? stick out tongue

Tell me a moment when he ever stops all the combatants.

Why would the mutants be standing conveniently in a line? The Destroyer and it's 'driver' are crushed to shit in a second or two by Magneto. Dude lifted a submarine, he can exert a tremendous amount of magnetic force.

No, Xavier is not weak, far from it. He's more of the more powerful mutants. He's weak here cos he's severely gimped.

Apples to oranges yet again, dude. Magneto's helmet was specifically designed to stop telepaths. Thor's isn't. Why do you keep making these insane comparisons?

the ninjak
I obviously threw that in for fun.

And you ignore the rest of everything I write conveniently.

If you saw the film the Blackbird and Submarine distance aint that far. The Destroyer Blasts em. While Loki Freezes em and Thor creates a wide burst attack.
Two pages is enough alone. The OP states they are beside the submarine. Destoyer blasts, Mutants crap their pants. Gotta sleep.

Robtard
I obviously threw that in for fun.

And you ignore the rest of everything I write conveniently.

If you saw the film the Blackbird and Submarine distance aint that far. The Destroyer Blasts em. While Loki Freezes em and Thor creates a wide burst attack.

I didn't ignore.

The destroyer takes a couple seconds to charge itself up before it blasts. Magneto doesn't. Its blast also isn't as massive as you imply. It's a beam, not a nuke.

McNasty996
Just a hint, I said that Xavior couldn't control the Asgardians nothing is mentioned about the ships at sea.

the ninjak
I've been arguing for Xavier being able to use his power within reason anyway. Without it's a monstrous stomp for the Asgardians.

The ships get frozen by the Ice Casket. Thor can hurricane the missiles away.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.