God Cable Vs Tangent Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Who wins?

Uriel005
Tangent supes no question.

kgkg
I have a question.

Uriel005
whats the question

psycho gundam
Originally posted by kgkg
I have a question. lol

Prep-Man
is this a trick question.

"Id"
Its a good scrap, I favor Cable.

Mindset
I have a question. Originally posted by psycho gundam
lol

Uriel005
It appears I must get out my magnifying glass as kgkg doesn't seem to understand what the "no question" in question is. Such levels of fail must be investigated and if found to be too massive the patient must be euthanized for fear of a fail epidemic spread by reading such things.

Lord_Talron
what are tangent's powers/feats? wikipedia doesnt give me anything and i keep trying to make him someone else entirely...

Mindset
He's black.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
what are tangent's powers/feats? wikipedia doesnt give me anything and i keep trying to make him someone else entirely... He's me in comic form smile

Harbinger
Originally posted by Mindset
He's black. All that's needed, really.

Tangent wins.

"Id"
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
what are tangent's powers/feats? wikipedia doesnt give me anything and i keep trying to make him someone else entirely...

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Harvey_Dent_%28Earth-9%29
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t453166.html

Prep-Man
I say split myself. I'd say he'd split X-Man as well.

leonidas
He's black.

it's this level of insight that has made you the legend that you are today.

Lord Feron
lol

Batman-Prime
Tangent Superman wins 6/10.

Mindset
Originally posted by leonidas
it's this level of insight that has made you the legend that you are today. Bow before me.

Batman-Prime
Bow before me.

Gay.

Mindset
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Gay. Originally posted by kgkg
I have a question.

Batman-Prime
Ask away.

Mindset
When did you come out of the closet?

Batman-Prime
When did you come out of the closet?

After you swallowed my load. Sry, I closed the door and forgot you, sorry, really big grin.

Mindset
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
After you swallowed my load. Sry, I closed the door and forgot you, sorry, really big grin. That was marwash.

Reported for thinking all black ppl look alike.

Batman-Prime
That was marwash.

Reported for thinking all black ppl look alike.

They don't? But... they are black!

Endless Mike
Harvey

kgkg
Originally posted by Uriel005
It appears I must get out my magnifying glass as kgkg doesn't seem to understand what the "no question" in question is. Such levels of fail must be investigated and if found to be too massive the patient must be euthanized for fear of a fail epidemic spread by reading such things. I was trying to be funny like Mindset did I fail?

Mindset
No, Uriel did.

leonidas
No, Uriel did.

laughing out loud

to be fair, they BOTH did.

I thought the joke was funny

kgkg
laughing out loud

to be fair, they BOTH did. Glad I'm not your wife.

leonidas
Glad I'm not your wife.

we both are. no expression

kgkg
we both are. no expression http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_koumq8y0XP1qz7b4yo1_500.gif

leonidas
you canadians and your awesome senses of humour.... shifty

"Id"
Harvey will get his clock cleaned by Cable. What exactly does Harvey bring to the table that threatens Cable. Certainly NOT his Telepathy or Telekinesis. Cable is the superior of the two, and one the greater battle tacticians in Marvel to boot.

Galan007
Harvey, ftw.

He easily trounced the likes of: GL John, Superman, Tangent Atom and Flash (the same duo who owned Ion II), etc.

...And he also beat the Ultra-Humanite.

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
Harvey, ftw.

He easily trounced the likes of: GL John, Superman, Tangent Atom and Flash (the same duo who owned Ion II), etc.

...And he also beat the Ultra-Humanite.

it seems that combat feats and who beat who don't count for as much as they used to.....

Allankles
it seems that combat feats and who beat who don't count for as much as they used to.....

True. Based on combat feats Harvey should take the majority. He also didn't have issues like running out of juice.

"Id"
Originally posted by Allankles
True. Based on combat feats Harvey should take the majority. He also didn't have issues like running out of juice. He did have issues of running out of juice.

Uriel005
Originally posted by "Id"
He did have issues of running out of juice. Not for 1 herald level fight though.

"Id"

psycho gundam
Harvey will get his clock cleaned by Cable. i read that wrong at first..... sweatdrop

Harbinger
Not sure how Cable's feats > SuperMAN's, given that the toughest opponent that Cable faced (A) was holding back tremendously, and (B) casually dropped him with eyebeams when he decided to get semi-serious.

carver9
Who said Surfer was holding back? Who said that Cable was going all-out?

"Id"
Originally posted by Harbinger
Not sure how Cable's feats > SuperMAN's, given that the toughest opponent that Cable faced (A) was holding back tremendously, and (B) casually dropped him with eyebeams when he decided to get semi-serious. Only if you leave tangibles, such Cable weaken by the time Surfer came along. He did apply Telepathy/Telekinesis globally non stop without rest.

Galan007
it seems that combat feats and who beat who don't count for as much as they used to..... Sad, isn't it?

Originally posted by Uriel005
Not for 1 herald level fight though. This is true. Per Cable himself, his body couldn't hold up to the stress associated with that degree of energy output. His battle with Surfer nearly burned him out.

Originally posted by carver9
Who said Surfer was holding back? Who said that Cable was going all-out? The fact that Cable's energies were nearly depleted? The fact that Surfer owned him with a casual blast of his eye-beams after he got serious?

Mindset
It's getting pretty tiring explaining to people how that was a non fight...

carver9
Sad, isn't it?

This is true. Per Cable himself, his body couldn't hold up to the stress associated with that degree of energy output. His battle with Surfer nearly burned him out.

The fact that Cable's energies were nearly depleted? The fact that Surfer owned him with a casual blast of his eye-beams after he got serious?

So Surfer destroying a damaged body counts as something? Surfer fighting someone that was basically multitasking "globally" none stop, for days without any rest counts as something? Think Galan... Surfer was pretty much 100% when he faced Cable. That fight means nothing.

Galan007
Kay, so what feats does "Gawd" Cable have that lead you to think he would be more than a nuisance to Surfer?

Lord_Talron
down carver; it was made plenty clear that cable was outclassed in that fight

Naija boy

Combat feats are certainly important, but the context surrounding such feats also needs to be noted. Hence not just that he beat so and so character but how he beat so and so character and if it would be applicable in the particular versus match. Cuz getting caught up in A beat B, C and D, without seeing if the way that the characters were defeated is even applicable to a particular match leads to alot of silly arguments being made.

carver9
Kay, so what feats does "Gawd" Cable have that lead you to think he would be more than a nuisance to Surfer?

His PL should be proof enough. Everything he did that entire run should have been enough proof. What type of power do you think it takes to give Surfer a challenge because anything you name, I'm pretty sure Cable has done it.

Galan007
What type of power do you think it takes to give Surfer a challenge because anything you name, I'm pretty sure Cable has done it. laughing out loud

Mindset
Originally posted by Naija boy
Combat feats are certainly important, but the context surrounding such feats also needs to be noted. Hence not just that he beat so and so character but how he beat so and so character and if it would be applicable in the particular versus match. Cuz getting caught up in A beat B, C and D, without seeing if the way that the characters were defeated is even applicable to a particular match leads to alot of silly arguments being made. thumb up

kgkg
Lets keep Surfer out of this thread.

Mindset
thumb up

"Id"
It's getting pretty tiring explaining to people how that was a non fight... I love how they bring up Cable was hitting his stressing point in his fight with the Surfer, when he himself laid out his intentions to do as much as possible before reaching critical mass. Evident by the non stop TK/TP done globally by days on. SuperMANG by comparison, was gassed out in a single day.

Constantly applying TP/TK globally>>>>gassing after some good showings, in a single day.

Prep-Man
His PL should be proof enough. Everything he did that entire run should have been enough proof. What type of power do you think it takes to give Surfer a challenge because anything you name, I'm pretty sure Cable has done it.

Like what?

"Id"
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Like what? For starters since putting together the floating City Providence. He held Providence afloat, and ionized the planets atmosphere with his telepathic wave. He did so non stop, even in his sleep, and through out his fight with the Surfer.

leonidas
Combat feats are certainly important, but the context surrounding such feats also needs to be noted. Hence not just that he beat so and so character but how he beat so and so character and if it would be applicable in the particular versus match. Cuz getting caught up in A beat B, C and D, without seeing if the way that the characters were defeated is even applicable to a particular match leads to alot of silly arguments being made.

you know me well enough to know i'd never argue for just combat feats without context. but i've asked and received zero proof that cable was truly 'weakened' in that 'non-fight' with ss. i'm not saying they were both going all out, or that the fight may have been different under different circumstances. what i AM saying though is that ss was never ever in any danger at all from cable imo. and i thought it was clear based on the depictions that ss was well above cable. moreover, we've no idea how much help cable was lending to the recreation of the city.

did cable have great feats? undeniably. but it becomes difficult to transfer those feats into vs matches, and so where possible we look for combat feats and it seems the combat feats of some (superman in this case) are being denigrated in favor of cable's NON-COMBAT feats which while applicable in defining his scope, may NOT be directly applicable against an opponent--especially someone like superman who has some great combat feats.

s'all i'm sayin. smile

Prep-Man
That's good and all, but I don't see how that's above TS, who took on entire teams and Ultra Humanite.

leonidas
For starters since putting together the floating City Providence. He held Providence afloat, and ionized the planets atmosphere with his telepathic wave. He did so non stop, even in his sleep, and through out his fight with the Surfer.

hey id, i keep hearing about this 'global ionization'. have you got a scan of the feat handy?

Mindset
Cable could take on entire teams of Tangent Supes.

leonidas
Cable could take on entire teams of Tangent Supes.

maybe, but can he take on one.....? shifty

Mindset
Not only can he take him on...he, he can take him on.

leonidas
Not only can he take him on...he, he can take him on.

just so's you know--everytime you post something, i read your post then i read just the last panel in your sig..... shifty

leonidas
it cracks me up everytime. like right now. i just read it again. big grin

Mindset
Lmao, rage hasn't commented on it yet.

I crushed his spirit.

leonidas
Lmao, rage hasn't commented on it yet.

I crushed his spirit.

laughing out loud

in his defence though, really, what the hell IS there to say? sometimes you just tip your king and shake hands.

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

I don't remember what I said, but I commented on it in the Off Topic Discussion thread a while back.

I'm curious how the sig was born. Was it me pointing out that Thor > Hercules?

leonidas
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

I don't remember what I said, but I commented on it in the Off Topic Discussion thread a while back.

I'm curious how the sig was born. Was it me pointing out that Thor > Hercules?

apparently that spirit needs further crushing.....

Rage.Of.Olympus
Clearly.

I'd come up with my own sig but it'd be in bad taste.

Naija boy
you know me well enough to know i'd never argue for just combat feats without context. but i've asked and received zero proof that cable was truly 'weakened' in that 'non-fight' with ss. i'm not saying they were both going all out, or that the fight may have been different under different circumstances. what i AM saying though is that ss was never ever in any danger at all from cable imo. and i thought it was clear based on the depictions that ss was well above cable. moreover, we've no idea how much help cable was lending to the recreation of the city.

did cable have great feats? undeniably. but it becomes difficult to transfer those feats into vs matches, and so where possible we look for combat feats and it seems the combat feats of some (superman in this case) are being denigrated in favor of cable's NON-COMBAT feats which while applicable in defining his scope, may NOT be directly applicable against an opponent--especially someone like superman who has some great combat feats.

s'all i'm sayin. smile

Very understandable and i agree on virtually all accounts., In regards to Cable's fight vs SS, i definitely do think SS was portrayed as superior even though both were not going all out. However i dont think that should be too much of a knock against cable given SS's powerset is one that counters his strongest attributes (telepathy and telekinesis) very well.

The comparison with Tangent superman i think is quite a tricky one though because while Tangent superman doesnt have the widescale tp and molecular tk feats of Cable, he does have good cases of him using these abilities against formidable opponents in battle. Moreover since these characters have similar powersets, it becomes a straight up question of who is more powerful in their area of specialization (psychic abilities, tk, tp etc). And in the determination of who is a more powerful or skilled psychic which in your opinion holds more weight for instance, restraining a Green lantern with tk vs levitating a structure the size of a small country, while simultaneously remotely detonating 247 missiles and funnelling the energy out of earths atmosphere?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Clearly.

I'd come up with my own sig but it'd be in bad taste. u mad

Mindset
Originally posted by psycho gundam
u mad laughing out loud

leonidas
And in the determination of who is a more powerful or skilled psychic which in your opinion holds more weight for instance, restraining a Green lantern with tk vs levitating a structure the size of a small country, while simultaneously remotely detonating 247 missiles and funnelling the energy out of earths atmosphere?

i'll qualify my position and say, in general, because it's a vs forum, i'd personally put more stock in the combat feat--especially when you look further into what a gl is capable of. sometimes, a more generalized (though much wider scale) display of power is not the BEST way to judge. inanimate objects don't fight back afterall..... i say i qualified my opinion because it depends of course on the level of the combatants and the relative power of the one who was beaten. a gl is uber. was it a really powerful gl though? as a general rule, i think those types of displays (wide scale, non-battle feats) def have an important place as evidence--but when you are talking about vs matches, combat feats are still the MOST important single piece of evidence imo. i'll finish by saying that, like anything though, it depends on HOW impressive the non-combat feat was. laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by psycho gundam
u mad Originally posted by Mindset
laughing out loud
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/62762ba6-8c5e-41ad-9abf-2dc02e66b0a3.gif

leonidas
home video?

Naija boy
i'll qualify my position and say, in general, because it's a vs forum, i'd personally put more stock in the combat feat--especially when you look further into what a gl is capable of. sometimes, a more generalized (though much wider scale) display of power is not the BEST way to judge. inanimate objects don't fight back afterall..... i say i qualified my opinion because it depends of course on the level of the combatants and the relative power of the one who was beaten. a gl is uber. was it a really powerful gl though? as a general rule, i think those types of displays (wide scale, non-battle feats) def have an important place as evidence--but when you are talking about vs matches, combat feats are still the MOST important single piece of evidence imo. i'll finish by saying that, like anything though, it depends on HOW impressive the non-combat feat was. laughing out loud

thumb up Fair position. I do agree that in general combat feats are more important when taken in their proper context in relation to vs matches. I think it should be noted however that because of the way comics are written, these things should be looked at on a case by case basis because as u mentioed before, there is he issue of how impressive the non combat feat was, as well as other issues like the character having a powerset suited to defeat another character as well as the issue of characters fighting extremely stupidly (and i mean stupid even by their own standards).

Galan007
home video? Without the explosion, of course.

carver9
I don't think combat feat or more relivant because heros "job" majority of the time when facing a single character, especially a new character. Black Adam has ran through a group of mid/high heralds and people tend to give Superman the majority or a good fight against him, along with Thor and other heralds. Hulk has also ran through teams but in a forum match, people would give Thor the edge.

A true indication of power is the best route to take. Cable TP and TK feats are better but Tangent combat feats are better but if we look at combat feats, again, that make Black Adam>Surfer, Thor, Super, etc, etc, when all in all, he isn't.

Prep-Man
superman has ran througth teams before and adam has done it more than once.

carver9
superman has ran througth teams before and adam has done it more than once.

These are the people that has soloed the JLA.

The General, Shaggyman, Doctor Poloris, Deathstroke, Konvikt.

Make the thread...

Surfer vs either one of the contestants above.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by carver9 These are the people that has soloed the JLA. The General, Shaggyman, Doctor Poloris, Deathstroke, Konvikt. Make the thread... Surfer vs either one of the contestants above.

what?

Mindset
Don't fight it Prep Man, don't fight it...

Prep-Man
im gonna fight carver until the day i die...unless he gives me those thor scans. evil face

leonidas
Don't fight it Prep Man, don't fight it...

amen brutha......

"Id"
hey id, i keep hearing about this 'global ionization'. have you got a scan of the feat handy?
Of course. Its in the first few panels. You also find out that Emma psi shield barely hold with Cerebra unit.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3425/cabledeadpool0908.th.jpg

carver9
im gonna fight carver until the day i die...unless he gives me those thor scans. evil face

OMG

"Id"
OMG Look here Carver. Me, and Mindset got this. You hear?

leonidas
Look here Carver. Me, and Mindset got this. You hear?

laughing out loud

and thanks for the scan. not sure what 'telepathic ionization' really is, but...... thumb up

Prep-Man
Originally posted by carver9 OMG

im never going to forget about you chickening out on those feats. wink

carver9
Look here Carver. Me, and Mindset got this. You hear?

confused ok

Allankles

Spot on.

Allankles
On the same note I remember arguing for the power level of guys like Highfather who was some planetary level manipulation/creation feats - at least 3 wide scale power display from him and probably the same folks would be unconvinced.

Merging New Genesis and Apokolips, creating the Celestial City, and then the second time providing the power to recreate it. Creating Takion, merging skyfathers Zeus, Jove, Odin, Ares and himself into one being etc

At the end of the day unless these powers were used or shown capable of being used in combat strategy (like merging beings into one in a team) then we go mostly by combat feats.

Mindset
Every feat Cable did is usable in combat, unless you have a reason it isn't.

Originally posted by Allankles
On the same note I remember arguing for the power level of guys like Highfather who was some planetary level manipulation/creation feats - at least 3 wide scale power display from him and probably the same folks would be unconvinced.

Merging New Genesis and Apokolips, creating the Celestial City, and then the second time providing the power to recreate it. Creating Takion, merging skyfathers Zeus, Jove, Odin, Ares and himself into one being etc

At the end of the day unless these powers were used or shown capable of being used in combat strategy (like merging beings into one in a team) then we go mostly by combat feats. isnt this the same type of absurd logic claiming that superman rebuilfing a city in seconds isnt proof of combat superspeed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.