Urien vs Seth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Meioh_Hades
http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/768984/images/streetf4_char_seth.jpg VS http://mimg.ugo.com/201008/57236/cuts/urien-big_288x216.jpg

Both chars are (canonwise) very high tiers in the Street Fighter universe. They're also similar in appearance and basic moves. And both are high ranking members in their organization, and want to claim the absolute leadership. And, last but not least, both have a quite elegant "business attire" when they're not fighting :P

Who would win in a battle between those 2 fighters?

Frisky Dingo
Good fight. I'm not totally sure about this, but I'm going to give the edge to Urien. Urien is said to have powers equal to Gill; the problem is, he and Gill have DIFFERENT powers and Gill's are better. He's a better fighter. He also has electro and Geo/metalkenisis. Seth has a chance to win if he uses his gravity well efficiently, but I think Urien can take him down in a good fight, before Seth even has the chance to get his Ultra out.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
Good fight. I'm not totally sure about this, but I'm going to give the edge to Urien. Urien is said to have powers equal to Gill; the problem is, he and Gill have DIFFERENT powers and Gill's are better. He's a better fighter. He also has electro and Geo/metalkenisis. Seth has a chance to win if he uses his gravity well efficiently, but I think Urien can take him down in a good fight, before Seth even has the chance to get his Ultra out.

Agree with most of that 'cept the fight wouldn't be as close and I still don't think Seth's ultra is canon.

Zack Fair
Urien is a better fighter than who, Seth or Gill?

No End N Site
Both.

Meioh_Hades
I think that Seth may win, instead.

The two imho are very close, powerwise. But Seth, thanks to S.I.N. technology, has access to a larger array of powers and more techniques.

The fight will be very close, but IMHO Seth may win 'cause he has more "weapons" to take Urien by surprise.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by No End N Site
Both.

Because?

No End N Site
Seth is a grade 'A' chump of a boss. He can't even beat Ryu of SFIV, who is 'much' weaker than his SFIII self. No doubt Gill would trounce him.

Well, Urien beat Gill in a fight. So...Seth<Gill<Urien.

Darkstorm Zero
Yes, but didn't Gill throw that fight purposely in order to promote urien to President, while retaining the rank of Emperor himself? Plus, Gill beat Urien earlier on...

No End N Site
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Yes, but didn't Gill throw that fight purposely in order to promote urien to President, while retaining the rank of Emperor himself? Plus, Gill beat Urien earlier on...

It was stated that Gill and Urien were equal in power and I had assumed that it was just a bare knuckle fight with no powers, and Urien's extreme brutality added to why he won. I don't think it ever went into detail about the fight between them, only the result of it.

I also don't remeber Gill ever beating Urien after that.

Zack Fair
Seth beat the living shit out of Ryu until he went "Super Shinku Hadoken from HELL" It also looked like Ryu attained a new level of greatness, because he couldn't even make Seth flinch, and then he has the "satsui no hadou" transformation aka "I IZ MAD" look until he stops it midway. One grasp from this Ryu hurt Seth where as regular Ryu could not before.

I think it is safe to say SF3 Ryu is stronger, but not "much" stronger because the movie kind of implied Ryu can be more powerful without falling for the dark hadou.

My 2 cents.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Seth beat the living shit out of Ryu until he went "Super Shinku Hadoken from HELL" It also looked like Ryu attained a new level of greatness, because he couldn't even make Seth flinch, and then he has the "satsui no hadou" transformation aka "I IZ MAD" look until he stops it midway. One grasp from this Ryu hurt Seth where as regular Ryu could not before.

I think it is safe to say SF3 Ryu is stronger, but not "much" stronger because the movie kind of implied Ryu can be more powerful without falling for the dark hadou.

My 2 cents.

The thing is, Ryu beat Seth with the SNH. Ryu in SFIII has surpassed anything the SNH has ever offered him by the time of III. SFIII Ryu > Evil Ryu. In IV, just like II and Alpha, Ryu is just some "special dude", in III he is this legendary mythical warrior that everyone seeks. More people have him as a rival in the III series than anyone, by far. He is literally the guy to beat.

I'm seriously doubtin that Ryu of SFIV is on par with Alpha 2 Akuma. Or is even that well repected and world renowned The gap between III and IV is very noticeable.

Zack Fair
He didn't beat Seth with the satsui no hado. Rewatch the fight. Seth had seen all about the Satsui no Hadou and he was taken by surprise by Ryu's new super. Ryu wasn't out of control or anything like he usually is when he is Evil Ryu mode IMO the scene is very similar to the end fight in the Street Fighter Alpha anime when Ryu is about to give in to the Satsui No Hadou but then regains control of himself, finds new strength and blasts the scientist with a Shinku.

Speaking of Alpha...Capcom needs to give us a proper Ryu & Ken vs Akuma fight >_< That shit in Generations was the lamest crap ever...and then they taunt us before SF4 is released. God Damned TROLLS

Ryu is the rival of a lot of characters in SF4 as well, just saying.

No End N Site
He didn't beat Seth with the satsui no hado. Rewatch the fight. Seth had seen all about the Satsui no Hadou and he was taken by surprise by Ryu's new super. Ryu wasn't out of control or anything like he usually is when he is Evil Ryu mode IMO the scene is very similar to the end fight in the Street Fighter Alpha anime when Ryu is about to give in to the Satsui No Hadou but then regains control of himself, finds new strength and blasts the scientist with a Shinku.

Speaking of Alpha...Capcom needs to give us a proper Ryu & Ken vs Akuma fight >_< That shit in Generations was the lamest crap ever...and then they taunt us before SF4 is released. God Damned TROLLS

Ryu is the rival of a lot of characters in SF4 as well, just saying.

He used the Metsu Hadouken/purple fireball, his Ultra. That's Evil Ryu's move, datin' all the way back to CVS2...

They need to, but they wont. SF and anime is just not meant to be for some reason.

laughing out loud He has 5 rival bouts in a game with almost 40 characters in SFIV. In SFIII, Ryu has 9 or 10 rivals in a cast of 20. Lidderly half the cast is tryin to make a name offa Ryu.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by No End N Site
He used the Metsu Hadouken/purple fireball, his Ultra. That's Evil Ryu's move, datin' all the way back to CVS2...

They need to, but they wont. SF and anime is just not meant to be for some reason.

laughing out loud He has 5 rival bouts in a game with almost 40 characters in SFIV. In SFIII, Ryu has 9 or 10 rivals in a cast of 20. Lidderly half the cast is tryin to make a name offa Ryu.

Yeah I know how old the Metsu hadouken is I don't need a history lesson; however I didn't pay attention to the color ROFL. I guess I should have when discussing SF with you freaks dur. I said it was Shinku having the Shinku from MvC3 in mind. Silly me.

Cool. Ryu is obviously more famous by the time SF3 takes place. I was just saying, ya know?

Meioh_Hades
I think too that SF3 Ryu has made a good improvement. Mainly 'cause SF3 Ryu seems to have totally surpassed his great struggle (give in the Satsui no Hado or reject it).

We know that in his heart, Ryu has rejected the Satsui no Hado in SF Alpha 3, but we have seen that in SF4 (so I think even during SF2) Ryu is still "tainted" with the Satsui no Hado.

With Evil Ryu's presence in SSF4 now I'm not sure if Gouken has sealed Ryu's Satsui no Hado for good, but looking at SF3 Ryu it seems that the man has totally chosen Gouken's path and Satsui no Hado is a thing from his past (it was never stated, but maybe SF3 Ryu as attained the same "power of nothingness" used by Gouken).

About Urien and Gill, I think that when Urien fought him to became the President of the Illuminati, Gill simply "let Urien win". Since Gill is alredy promoted to be the legendary Emperor, I think that he's not interested in that struggle for the position of President (quite like in the SF3 tournament: he wasn't interested in winning it, so he let Alex win). A large part of Urien's characterization is that he knows that Gill is above him.

Urien and Gill may have the same powers, but Urien is blinded by ambition and jealousy, so I think that he lacks in focus and, despite being VERY powerful, he's not able to use his powers at their full potential like his brother.

Frisky Dingo
SFIII is a book closed in Ryu's life and another opened. He goes from Wandering Warrior, to Wandering Legend. Past the Satsui No Hadou, he now seeks to become a true warrior.

Zack Fair
And then?

Frisky Dingo
I geuss he's still seeking? No, no, no, in fact he's training with Oro, directly or indirectly. It may just be a hunch, but Alex has probably tagged along, as well.

Zack Fair
K7luMp6lb9M

Frisky Dingo
laughing
I haven't seen that in ages. I think I might watch it, now.

Meioh_Hades
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
SFIII is a book closed in Ryu's life and another opened. He goes from Wandering Warrior, to Wandering Legend. Past the Satsui No Hadou, he now seeks to become a true warrior.

And I like the fact that, even in Vanilla SF3 (so no Gouki around) Ryu, despite being a living legend, is not the strongest man. With Oro and Gill around, Ryu has something to remind that there's always someone stronger, and that his journey to improve himself is not yet over.

Tha C-Master
At least for now. He'll probably surpass them. stick out tongue

No End N Site
I guess I should have when discussing SF with you freaks dur.

It's yur own fault, pal. You should know SF is life and death. Beyond just surz bizness.

Meioh_Hades
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
At least for now. He'll probably surpass them. stick out tongue

I think too that at the end Ryu will truly become the strongest man in the world.

I just hope that after that achievment we won't have SF:Z (NOT Street Fighter Zero), when incredibly powerful aliens will come to Earth, and we'll discover that Ryu (real name: Kararyuth) he's an alien from that race, found by Master Gouken when we was still a baby :P

No End N Site
^ We already got Ingrid and SFxT, I wouldn't out it past'em.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Meioh_Hades
I think too that at the end Ryu will truly become the strongest man in the world.

I just hope that after that achievment we won't have SF:Z (NOT Street Fighter Zero), when incredibly powerful aliens will come to Earth, and we'll discover that Ryu (real name: Kararyuth) he's an alien from that race, found by Master Gouken when we was still a baby :P Haha yea, and he marries Morrigan and drops Chun Li.

Zack Fair
Pfft Morrigan is after Ken uhuh

Tha C-Master
Nobody can resist Ryu, not sure why.

She just used Ken for his money.

Meioh_Hades
It's for other reasons, but it's true: everyone wants Ryu.

Gouki, Dictator, Sagat, Seth...

At least with SF4 Ken has Rufus looking for him smile

Tha C-Master
That's because Ryu doesn't pay them any attention, then they come flocking. Women and men alike.

Demonic Phoenix
For his autograph, not his loins.

Tha C-Master
They sure are possessive over an autograph...

Demonic Phoenix
That's because they mistake his autograph for Dan's.

Tha C-Master
I wouldn't think so. Dan is easy to spot out. Nobody else could fail that good.

Demonic Phoenix
Clearly you think wrong about this matter.
Correction, nobody else is as good as Dan is at being WIN.

Tha C-Master
Win at failing.

Demonic Phoenix
Sure, for someone like Sean. Dan is just WIN on the other hand.

Tha C-Master
Who has he even beaten?

Meioh_Hades
Dan defeated Sagat and he managed to avenge is FATHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!! (*shed not so manly tears*)

(let's pretend that Sagat didn't totally let Dan win :P)

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Who has he even beaten?

He holds back his powah to let his opponents win.

Tha C-Master
Oh yea I forgot about that. If only he could get girls... sad

Demonic Phoenix
Sakura seems to like him. Even if she usually only has eyes for Ryu, it's clear she wants to bed Dan as well.

Tha C-Master
She's just teasing him until Ryu comes along. Ryu gets the girls without trying.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.