Giffen JLA vs Morrison JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Everyone fights in character, CIS and all.

Morrison side:

Superman
Wonder Woman
Kyle Rayner
Batman
Plastic Man

Giffen side:

Martian Manhunter
Captain Marvel
Guy Gardner
Blue Beetle
Booster Gold

Who wins?

JakeTheBank
Morrison's JLA

nimbus006
This is tough, and though I want to go with Team 1, with no prep, when I look at the lineups closely, I'm more inclined to side with Team 2.

SevenShackles
the booster + beetle combo is way 2-much for them.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_MFz0z7jVEKU/TCouVtfcY0I/AAAAAAAAAtc/1AKHQZVSkfM/s1600/76735-92144-blue-beetle_super.jpg
they have no upper limits!

Martian_mind
Team 2.

carver9
Have a question... minus Black Adam, ha Captain Marvel ever been physically koed in a 1 on 1 fight?

-Pr-
Team 1, though not easily.

Galan007
The only reason I'm tempted to go with team 2 is because team 1 has no defense against J'onn's TP...

batdude123
Originally posted by Galan007
The only reason I'm tempted to go with team 2 is because team 1 has no defense against J'onn's TP...

Superman, Wonder Woman, and Plastic Man, at least.

leonidas
Originally posted by batdude123

i think kyle can resist too. giffen's teams were great though--LOVED the writing of that particular era. those books were a lot of fun. loved the way he depicted cm. as for the fight--it's good, but i'll take team 1. supes/ww/kyle>mm/cm/guy imo. wouldn't be easy though, and team 2 could take 3 MAYBE 4. morrison's version was a lot... grander and more 'serious', which may be colouring my opinion slightly.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
Have a question... minus Black Adam, ha Captain Marvel ever been physically koed in a 1 on 1 fight?

Giffen's run, he was knocked out by one punch from a robot of the Royal Flush Gang, which Booster and Beetle then ended up defeating. Also, Martian Manhunter knocked him out, once the Grey Man that was possessing him lost control, unknown to MM.

aztec
Originally posted by batdude123

You forgot to include Batman.. wink

cdtm
Johns also had Cap blitzed into unconsciousness. Might be a "Worf Effect" thing though, because Johns followed that up by having Power Girl clean house, against the likes of Superman and Black Adam. They were mind controlled at the time, which is often used as an excuse for why PG was able to own them, but that makes Cap look even WORSE, because he got owned by these mind controlled folk...

psycho gundam
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Morrison's JLA we all know this is true, even galen and racial_mind http://i54.tinypic.com/2jazt7a.jpg

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by cdtm
Johns also had Cap blitzed into unconsciousness. Might be a "Worf Effect" thing though, because Johns followed that up by having Power Girl clean house, against the likes of Superman and Black Adam. They were mind controlled at the time, which is often used as an excuse for why PG was able to own them, but that makes Cap look even WORSE, because he got owned by these mind controlled folk...

I think he made up for it by having Cap wade through a maelstrom of 5D energy and being the only hero present capable of doing so later on in the arc.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by psycho gundam
we all know this is true, even galen and racial_mind http://i54.tinypic.com/2jazt7a.jpg

thumb up

cdtm
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I think he made up for it by having Cap wade through a maelstrom of 5D energy and being the only hero present capable of doing so later on in the arc.

Wasn't that in Crisis Times Five, under Morrison?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by cdtm
Wasn't that in Crisis Times Five, under Morrison?

No, it was in that same arc of the JSA, with Ultra-Humanite taking over the world with the Thunderbolt and siccing the mind controlled legions of heroes against Cap, PG, and the other JSAers not mind controlled.

Q99
Stealing Thunder, good story smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.