God Like Cable vs Graviton

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
Can awesome tk enough to null Gravity control? I would say no mind rape, but Grav is all but immune to mind attacks. Who wins?

SamZED
Cable imo

Scoobless
If Graviton is TP immune then he beats Cable.

If he's not, he doesn't.

Simple.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Scoobless
If Graviton is TP immune then he beats Cable.

If he's not, he doesn't.

Simple.

Pretty much. Interesting match, though.

Mindset
If he's tp immune then he still loses.

^thumb uphe can increase gravity all he wants, it wont affect the tk pulse that will liquify him

long pig
All forces are subject to gravity, I believe. COULD be wrong. Probably not, though. So, who's to say he can't dampen it a bit? And, as I'm told, he's not immune to tp, just resistant due to his powers. Same reason storm is super resistant. Probal wolverine level resistant.

gogogadgetgo
Cable TK shreds Graviton on the molecular level ftw

Simbon
The argument that Cable can just TK shred Graviton ignores the fact that, in Comics, Force-fields tend to block everything. Think about it: force-fields transmit light, yet lasers don't go through them (the Monica Rambeau showing against Magneto is a very rare exception); Doom has blocked Magneto's powers with a force-field; Sue has blocked telepathy with a force-field, etc.. It's like that whole "thought travels faster than light" thing.

gogogadgetgo
then Cable can just put up his own TK shield and block graviton's powers lol

Simbon
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
then Cable can just put up his own TK shield and block graviton's powers lol

To the degree that Graviton won't be able to just made Cable fall to the ground, yes -- but I think you're missing the point; force-fields tend to block people from manipulating what's behind them, but they don't hold up against blunt trauma -- and Graviton can outperform Cable here.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by Simbon
To the degree that Graviton won't be able to just made Cable fall to the ground, yes -- but I think you're missing the point; force-fields tend to block people from manipulating what's behind them, but they don't hold up against blunt trauma -- and Graviton can outperform Cable here.

could depend on the type of force-field. much like how plastic should be able to penetrate magneto's magnetic force-shield bubble.

much like how juggernaut's force-field aura is good for physical attacks but not for tp assault.

Mindset
To the degree that Graviton won't be able to just made Cable fall to the ground, yes -- but I think you're missing the point; force-fields tend to block people from manipulating what's behind them, but they don't hold up against blunt trauma -- and Graviton can outperform Cable here. Nope.

leonidas
trouble for graviton is gravity won't affect cable's mind. he'd need to kill him almost instantly or i think cable tk crushes his skull. unless his shields block tk somehow, but the only shield i can think off hand that has done that is sue storm's. if he can localize his field somehow, like, inside cable's mind, he could kill him, but not sure he's shown that level of control with his powers. seems to be cable's to loose imo.

Mindset
Cable has forcefields too.

leonidas
true, but in general, i think gravitron usually has forcefields up. cable can certainly use them but then it gets all mess-ified. whose powers work through whose shields best. not sure if graviton's powers could affect cable's tk either. do tk waves have mass?

blah. the more i think about this fight the more i realize there was a reason i didn't post in it. i think i'll just stick with your opinion of things. that's becoming my default position.

Mindset
It's always the best decision.

thumb up

Simbon
Originally posted by leonidas
true, but in general, i think gravitron usually has forcefields up. cable can certainly use them but then it gets all mess-ified. whose powers work through whose shields best. not sure if graviton's powers could affect cable's tk either. do tk waves have mass?

blah. the more i think about this fight the more i realize there was a reason i didn't post in it. i think i'll just stick with your opinion of things. that's becoming my default position.

I wasn't saying that Graviton's powers would affect Cable's TK directly (i.e., make it "heavy" or whatever); I was simply observing that force-fields, regardless of their origins, often block other powers from bypassing them,even when there is no logical reason for it. How many examples of TK or other powers (magnetism, whatever) affecting someone behind their forcefield can you think of? I can only think of a few. Almost always forcefields are treated as something that must either be hammered down or absorbed.

Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
could depend on the type of force-field. much like how plastic should be able to penetrate magneto's magnetic force-shield bubble.

much like how juggernaut's force-field aura is good for physical attacks but not for tp assault. plastic aint breaching magneto's shields son

trouble for graviton is gravity won't affect cable's mind. he'd need to kill him almost instantly or i think cable tk crushes his skull. unless his shields block tk somehow, but the only shield i can think off hand that has done that is sue storm's. if he can localize his field somehow, like, inside cable's mind, he could kill him, but not sure he's shown that level of control with his powers. seems to be cable's to loose imo. magneto's sheilds block telekinesis too

magneto wins this fight by the way, regardless of his absence in the op

leonidas
Originally posted by 753
magneto's sheilds block telekinesis too

magneto wins this fight by the way, regardless of his absence in the op

laughing out loud

sweet. but does graviton?

leonidas
I wasn't saying that Graviton's powers would affect Cable's TK directly (i.e., make it "heavy" or whatever); I was simply observing that force-fields, regardless of their origins, often block other powers from bypassing them,even when there is no logical reason for it. How many examples of TK or other powers (magnetism, whatever) affecting someone behind their forcefield can you think of? I can only think of a few. Almost always forcefields are treated as something that must either be hammered down or absorbed.

i know what you were saying. i really don't know what might actually happen here. in a book, god cable wins, probably easily, since grav is usually a jobber. using powers to the fullest? still likely cable imo, but not precisely sure how....

laughing out loud

sweet. but does graviton? nah... I dont think so

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.