Master Yoda vs RotS Anakin Skywalker (Zone)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jinsoku Takai
This might have been done already, but I'm posting it anyway.

Master Yoda vs Anakin (RotS - In t3h Z0n3) Skywalker

Battle takes place in the TIE Fighter Construction Facility that orbits the moon of Nar Shaddaa.

All-out!!

Nephthys
Ooooh, contraversial.

I'll hold off for now if no-one minds.

Stealth Moose
Plo Koon solos.

axel_jovan
Yoda wins.

Galan007
Zone Anakin, ftw. If he's holding a lightsaber, he's going to win, imo.

Case in point: his effortless trouncing of Dooku - a feat I highly doubt Yoda could duplicate with the same degree of ease (if at all.)

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Nephthys
I'll hold off for now if no-one minds.

Yeah, figured you would.

BTW - Yoda saber-rapes Anakin (any version, it doesn't matter), repeatedly!!

RagingBoner
There will definitely be no saber-raping of any kind.

Nephthys
'This is Anakin Skywalker:

The most powerful Jedi of his generation. Perhaps of any generation. The fastest. The strongest. An unbeatable pilot. An unstoppable warrior. On the ground, in the air or sea or space, there is no one even close. He has not just power, not just skill, but dash: that rare, invaluable combination of boldness and grace.

He is the best there is at what he does. The best there has ever been. And he knows it.'

Thoughts? I could see a counter argument built around the 'of his generation' part personally.

Galan007
Wouldn't Yoda still have been 'of his generation' (technically)..?

Jinsoku Takai

The most powerful Jedi of his generation. Perhaps of any generation. The fastest. The strongest. An unbeatable pilot. An unstoppable warrior. On the ground, in the air or sea or space, there is no one even close. He has not just power, not just skill, but dash: that rare, invaluable combination of boldness and grace.

He is the best there is at what he does. The best there has ever been. And he knows it.'

Thoughts? I could see a counter argument built around the 'of his generation' part personally.

Anakin's thoughts about himself. According to this... Originally posted by Nephthys
Haha, as usual DS, you have such a sweet ass.

No, it is a narration spelling out Yoda's thought process. It is not the narrator saying these things, it is th enarator telling the reader what Yoda is saying.

The 'truth' is only relevent to Yoda's conclusion, that he couldn't beat Sidious. Everything else is fluff. ...you would agree.

Nephthys
Nah it isn't.

RagingBoner
You're going to need something more compelling than 'no it isn't' because, right now, JT has you by your marbles.

Jinsoku Takai

And it's pretty ****ing obvious he was by no means unstoppable, just ask Kenobi.

Nephthys
Originally posted by RagingBoner
You're going to need something more compelling than 'no it isn't' because, right now, JT has you by your marbles.

It isn't spelling out anything about Anakin's thought process. It isn't describing any 'truth' that Anakin realised, it's just describing Anakin to the reader. Completely different.

And they're a bit bigger than marbles thank you very much. http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-colbert.gif

Yeah, that parts obviously hyperbole.

Lucius

Where is this amazing Titan and who replaced him with the whiny ***** we see?

Galan007
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
Anakin's thoughts about himself. The omniscient narrator's thoughts about Anakin.

Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
And it's pretty ****ing obvious he was by no means unstoppable, just ask Kenobi. At that point in the movie/novel (the very beginning), Anakin was damn close to unstoppable by SW standards. Just ask Dooku. Oh wait, he dead. ohhh

Jinsoku Takai
N, by your own logic, that quote is as much his own self-thought as Yoda's "most devastingly powerful foe the darkness had ever known" is his (Yoda's) self-thought.

And the fact that there contained in said quote is, as you admit, hyperbole, severely tarnishes the credibility of the quote in the context that you wish to use it.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Lucius
Where is this amazing Titan and who replaced him with the whiny ***** we see?

In the ROTS novel and George Lucas respectively.

Eminence
You've been spending too much time with Rogue Jedi.

Nephthys
Fvck you too.

Stealth Moose

Yoda is the most powerful Jedi of every generation he's been a part of, except for those young whipper-snappers who.. wait... when Anakin reaches his prime, the Jedi mostly die, so yeah, I guess he can be uber in that generation. Good stuff.

Btw, "teh zone" Anakin discussions really suck. That's like saying "Dark Side Sith Lord Yoda as Dooku depicted him in Dark Rendezvous", in which case Yoda solo's everything.

Nephthys
That... doesn't make sense.erm

Except Zonakin actually happened and has actual feats as opposed to something that exists purely in Dookus head.

Lord Lucien
I think he means that it's very difficult to quantify Zonakin outside of that scenario, that opponent, in that setting.

Nephthys
Nah it isn't.

Lord Lucien
Your face isn't.

Stefanos
Yoda wins easily. Anakin couldn't even beat Obi-Wan; I don't see him being able to match Yoda. Yoda's knowledge of the Force greatly exceeds Anakin's, and I think that even with a saber, Yoda can outclass Anakin.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Stefanos
Anakin couldn't even beat Obi-Wan;

We call that pre-suit Vader who couldn't beat Obi-Wan. ROTS Anakin tooled the guy who tooled Obi-Wan.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
We call that pre-suit Vader who couldn't beat Obi-Wan. ROTS Anakin tooled the guy who tooled Obi-Wan.

This is correct. Yoda still wins though. His lightsaber mastery and attunement to the Force are simply too much for Anakin's raw power to overcome.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
We call that pre-suit Vader who would've beaten Obi-Wan with sheer power and speed if Obi-Wan wasn't such a clever trickster.Fixed.

Nephthys
Oh that wily kenobi and his tricksy shenanigans.....

moggo09
i need this

NTJack0
Revan solos.

Korto Vos
Yoda prevails!

Harbinger
Yoda's abilities with the force tip the scales in his favor.

Toshi
Yoda rips him a new one.

lord starkiller
nah zone wins this if dooku is yodas equal in sabers and anankin raped him well that means he is better than yoda in sabers and the force cuz he is the "choozen wan"

Toshi
Originally posted by lord starkiller
nah zone wins this if dooku is yodas equal in sabers and anankin raped him well that means he is better than yoda in sabers and the force cuz he is the "choozen wan"

Lolno. Where does it state Yoda and Dooku are equal? Dooky ran the fvck away in AOTC...

truejedi
and in DR...

Harbinger
^ And he was on a planet steeped in the darkside on that one, IIRC.

Dooku is good, but he isn't Yoda' equal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.