Cyclops VS Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Cyclops VS Wolverine

1. who wins a fight to KO or incapacitation with prep & no prep?

2. who is the better tactician, leader, & strategist overall? which of the two has better instincts?

3. given time to build their own team, which of the two builds the better overall team. i.e. which team would likely defeat the other?

KingD19
1. Cyke with prep, and more than likely Logan with no prep.

2. Cyclops is leagues above Logan. He does good when leading his own team, but the plans and strategies Cyclops comes up with are insane, and he does it constantly.

3. Cyclops, definitely.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by KingD19
1. Cyke with prep, and more than likely Logan with no prep.

2. Cyclops is leagues above Logan. He does good when leading his own team, but the plans and strategies Cyclops comes up with are insane, and he does it constantly.

3. Cyclops, definitely.

1. Cyke with prep - how? What's he done with prep? For a 1vs1 fight scenario, I mean.

3. Not sure about that. Scott's team could be more versatile, but Logan's one would be willing to kill.

I'm a bit excited for Schism. I hope Marvel doesn't screw this, too many X-Men related events/stories disappointed me recently.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8518/097184133.th.jpg

KingD19
I just see Cyke setting up a bunch of surfaces that he could use to keep Logan off guard with his ricochets. Then after whittling him down, he'll just heavy beam him for the win.

And you are right about Logan's team being more willing to kill. But Cyke's will be more versatile and they'll have a much better leader.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by KingD19
I just see Cyke setting up a bunch of surfaces that he could use to keep Logan off guard with his ricochets. Then after whittling him down, he'll just heavy beam him for the win.

And you are right about Logan's team being more willing to kill. But Cyke's will be more versatile and they'll have a much better leader.

Just because he has prep doesn't mean he chooses and preps the battlefield itself. That's an unfair advantage.

I can agree.

-Pr-
-Waits-

BlackZero30x
1. Cyclopes with a strong win. one optic blast should be enough if landed. it's pure force and it cut through a mountain for gods sake.....

1. Logan

3. Cyclopes

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
1. Cyclopes with a strong win. one optic blast should be enough if landed. it's pure force and it cut through a mountain for gods sake.....

An Hulk busts planets and holds together tectonic plates... yet still can't one shot Wolverine.

Scoobless
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
An Hulk busts planets and holds together tectonic plates... yet still can't one shot Wolverine.

But the Thing can, so .... Thing >>>> Hulk

eek!

psycho gundam
An Hulk busts planets and holds together tectonic plates... yet still can't one shot Wolverine. a deer knocked him on his ass, hulk casually swatted one to death once.

Bentley
Cyke wins every scenario. Wolverine is an excellent tactician though.

leonidas
no way cyke should lose imo. and it certainly doesn't need to be one shot. given the diastance at the start and cyke's displays of accuracy, he should be able to score a ko.

BlackZero30x

were not talking death here were talking ko. So if your trying to say that a straight on hit from hulk wont KO wolverine then he's(wolverine)even more pathetic then i once thought.

.....and people wonder why wolverine is losing fans. I loved his character then he started doing things like that. I hate him anymore unless he's in the avengers.

Parmaniac
An Hulk busts planets and holds together tectonic plates... yet still can't one shot Wolverine. http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9936/wolverineorigins28zonem.th.jpghttp://img810.imageshack.us/img810/9936/wolverineorigins28zonem.th.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9936/wolverineorigins28zonem.th.jpghttp://img810.imageshack.us/img810/9936/wolverineorigins28zonem.th.jpg

He was still conscious and that retcon was kinda retconned later by the same writer anyway laughing out loud So I wouldn't use it as evidence.

I think only the original fight from IH #181 should be usable. To hell with all the retcons of retcons of retcons, Marvel has lost it.

Parmaniac
He was down for the count biscuits

Do you have the issue number of the retcon retcon?

StiltmanFTW
He was down for the count biscuits

Do you have the issue number of the retcon retcon?

Logan was getting up and said he could still take him, Hulk was lucky the military gassed him durverine

Seven the Hard Way arc, issue 41. There's a flashback panel with Wolverine in his original costume in midleap actually doing minor damage to Hulk's chest.

Then you have X-Men Origins: Wolverine one-shot in which Logan was shown with costume torn by Wendigo... FCD 2009, again with Logan wearing the original costume... and, finally, Wolverine Saga 2009 that actually uses original panels from IH #181 for that encounter summary.

Seriously, so many inconsistencies and different retellings of the fight...

Silent Master
1) Cyke
2) Cyke
3) Cyke

BlackZero30x
i asked this in the comic book question section but i thought since it had to do with this topic you would post it here as well....

ok lets say wolverine was just standing and hulk comes out of no where and hits wolvie really really hard(doesn't hold back) in the face. wolverine lives and im okay with that but wouldn't that ko him still due to his brain would be bouncing around in his skull? i mean it's not like he could even heal until it stopped moving.....

StyleTime
were not talking death here were talking ko. So if your trying to say that a straight on hit from hulk wont KO wolverine then he's(wolverine)even more pathetic then i once thought.

.....and people wonder why wolverine is losing fans. I loved his character then he started doing things like that. I hate him anymore unless he's in the avengers.
I don't think he's losing any "fans" apart from people on vs forums who probably didn't read his comics anyway. People get pissed when his unique powerset gives him victories over people that haters think "should be out of his league". Dude is still stupid popular otherwise. That wasn't aimed at you or anything, just sayin'.

Taking a single optic blast from Cyclops isn't all that for Wolverine. He's stood up to strong attacks like that for a good while now. It's not anything new really.

As for the thread, Cyclops wins all three scenarios.

JakeTheBank
Slim ftw

volvarine

Trackz
Cyclops assembled Magneto, Fantomex, Namor, and Emma when Wolverine needed to be taken down...not sure Wolverine has as many powerful allies backing him.

JakeTheBank
I guess Logan could scream "Avengers Assemble" to see how that turns out for him. :P

Parmaniac
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I guess Logan could scream "Avengers Assemble" to see how that turns out for him. :P He can also scream "New Avengers assemle" and "X-Force assemble" and "Rest of the X-Men assemble"

JakeTheBank
He can also scream "New Avengers assemle" and "X-Force assemble" and "Rest of the X-Men assemble"

Or "Marvel Assemble", really.

Parmaniac
Wolverine's main power: Omnipresence

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by StyleTime
I don't think he's losing any "fans" apart from people on vs forums who probably didn't read his comics anyway. People get pissed when his unique powerset gives him victories over people that haters think "should be out of his league". Dude is still stupid popular otherwise. That wasn't aimed at you or anything, just sayin'.

Taking a single optic blast from Cyclops isn't all that for Wolverine. He's stood up to strong attacks like that for a good while now. It's not anything new really.

As for the thread, Cyclops wins all three scenarios.

i get what your saying but i know a lot of people that don't anymore. I use to read his stand alone titles and what not but i quit because having a healing factor doesn't mean your a bad ass that can't be put down. He is respectable and a great character in his own right but i do not see how someone like him should be able to stand up to blows from people like the hulk with out a ko. his bones are adamantium sure and he can heal but all that means is when he gets hit he's not gonna break a bone and he'll get up again later. he still feels pain and adimantium doesn't absorb force otherwise he wouldn't budge when he got hit. so i don't understand how someone can take a hit from someone that "busts planets" and not even be incapacitated......

no not just a single blast a powerful single blast. mountain crushing blast.

inimalist
I guess Logan could scream "Avengers Assemble" to see how that turns out for him. :P

I was thinking the same

for all the people cyc has contacts with, Wolverine just has more from his, well, omnipresence. He could bring Thor and Stark, or a bunch of others, to the fight, which would be difficult for cyc to deal with (though, he probably has Xavier and Magneto)

inimalist
i get what your saying but i know a lot of people that don't anymore. I use to read his stand alone titles and what not but i quit because having a healing factor doesn't mean your a bad ass that can't be put down. He is respectable and a great character in his own right but i do not see how someone like him should be able to stand up to blows from people like the hulk with out a ko. his bones are adamantium sure and he can heal but all that means is when he gets hit he's not gonna break a bone and he'll get up again later. he still feels pain and adimantium doesn't absorb force otherwise he wouldn't budge when he got hit. so i don't understand how someone can take a hit from someone that "busts planets" and not even be incapacitated......

I get you, I feel the same about bullets smile

It is lame, but in terms of feats, you can't argue logic against comics

Silent Master
Thor would tell Wolverine to fight his own battles.

inimalist
Originally posted by Silent Master

the point is more that wolverine has access not only to the X-men line up, but that of the avengers and scores of other people he has had "cameo" appearances in the books of.

Logan might legitimately be owed a "favor" from Thor or Dr.Strange, whereas Cyc is hardly going to know these guys well enough to approach them

or Logan just asks cap, because that is apparently all you need

SamZED
Or "Marvel Assemble", really. "Hero up"?

Guess im the only one who watched that retarded cartoon...

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by SamZED
"Hero up"?

Guess im the only one who watched that retarded cartoon...

Ha ha, I watched the whole first season.

StiltmanFTW

Not really. Wolverine helped him a few times, Thor owes him.

janus77
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Not really. Wolverine helped him a few times, Thor owes him.
what did Wolverine do for Thor? mow the lawn? cut his hair??

srankmissingnin

WWH held Wolverine in one hand and landed half a dozen haymakers directly to his face and all he accomplished was momentarily making Wolverine punch drunk.

ok lets say wolverine was just standing and hulk comes out of no where and hits wolvie really really hard(doesn't hold back) in the face. wolverine lives and im okay with that but wouldn't that ko him still due to his brain would be bouncing around in his skull? i mean it's not like he could even heal until it stopped moving.....

In the past Wolverine's said that the Hulk liquifies all his organs when he punches him, he just heals before the next hit. You might as well be crying "I don't understand how durability makes Superman invulnerable? You are trying to tell me if someone who breaks planets punches Superman he won't be killed?" Yes, because that's how his powers work. Wolverine regenerates and heals from damage. A character hits Wolverine, his brain smacks off the side of his skull and shorts out his nervous system and he heals. He can regrow his heart in three panels without losing consciousness. He can regenerate 90% of his body mass in seconds. He heals so fast it might as well not have happened. Unless a person goes into a coma, a concussion will usually only result in lack of consciousness for seconds (if that), fallowed by some confusion and disorientation. Wolverine heals literally millions of times faster than a standard human, and his healing factor doesn't have any of the limitations a human does, for example he can repair and replace damaged brain cells and heal damage to his central nervous system. The short-out of the nervous system that results in a ko is something that Wolverine's healing factor would compensate for in a fraction of a fraction of a second. Pretending like this is some new character development just highlights that you lake knowledge of the character, outside of a few isolated examples, this is something Wolverine has been doing consistently for close to four decades.

SamZED
Ha ha, I watched the whole first season. lol good. Im not alone then.big grin

Parmaniac
WWH held Wolverine in one hand and landed half a dozen haymakers directly to his face and all he accomplished was momentarily making Wolverine punch drunk. Not really he was knocked out.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by janus77
what did Wolverine do for Thor? mow the lawn? cut his hair??

Stalled Ulik, helped him kill some giant and decimate illusions of Thor's rogue gallery created by Loki.

Him occasionally punking the Wrecking Crew and Absorbing Man doesn't hurt either.

StiltmanFTW
Not really he was knocked out.

We didn't see his face, on the next panel we do he's trying to get up with Madrox's help.

StiltmanFTW
Stalled Ulik, helped him kill some giant and decimate illusions of Thor's rogue gallery created by Loki.

Him occasionally punking the Wrecking Crew and Absorbing Man doesn't hurt either.

EOP bump and triple post evil face

BlackZero30x
WWH held Wolverine in one hand and landed half a dozen haymakers directly to his face and all he accomplished was momentarily making Wolverine punch drunk.

In the past Wolverine's said that the Hulk liquifies all his organs when he punches him, he just heals before the next hit. You might as well be crying "I don't understand how durability makes Superman invulnerable? You are trying to tell me if someone who breaks planets punches Superman he won't be killed?" Yes, because that's how his powers work. Wolverine regenerates and heals from damage. A character hits Wolverine, his brain smacks off the side of his skull and shorts out his nervous system and he heals. He can regrow his heart in three panels without losing consciousness. He can regenerate 90% of his body mass in seconds. He heals so fast it might as well not have happened. Unless a person goes into a coma, a concussion will usually only result in lack of consciousness for seconds (if that), fallowed by some confusion and disorientation. Wolverine heals literally millions of times faster than a standard human, and his healing factor doesn't have any of the limitations a human does, for example he can repair and replace damaged brain cells and heal damage to his central nervous system. The short-out of the nervous system that results in a ko is something that Wolverine's healing factor would compensate for in a fraction of a fraction of a second. Pretending like this is some new character development just highlights that you lake knowledge of the character, outside of a few isolated examples, this is something Wolverine has been doing consistently for close to four decades.

first of all he is no superman and no where near his level.
second my point is not that he can not regrow his organs my point is when his brain is flopping around like a ping pong ball how does it heal/reattach while it's banging around? that would be like having a bouncing ball on a string that just got thrown in a small room and reattaching itself while it's still moving....it would just re-rip itself off. so next time before you go acting smarter then people try comprehending the question.

StyleTime

I exaggerated a bit. He's gained and lost readers just like any other character, but I don't think it's due to a change in power. My point is that his healing factor has practically always worked like that. If someone stops liking him, it is probably due to a change in their own perception of him or his stories.

After a certain threshold, all the damage is the same. Once his organs are liquified, it doesn't really make much difference how strong the attack is. He'd heal from "Mountain crushing" liquification at the same rate as any other liquification.

BlackZero30x
no i get it completely. Maybe i wasn't speaking clearly......i understand his powers fully, i get what he's all about. its how he does it that makes me wonder. earlier i was told "not to mix reality science with comics" (not verbatim) but little things like "everything has an equal and opposite reaction" (granted with certain exceptions) but like i said before i don't understand how it's not a KO if his brain is knocking around in that unbreakable noggin of his. If it's still attached and it's bouncing all over the place then it's just re-damaging itself as it heals. if it came unattached and is bouncing around then as it re attaches it's going to keep ripping off again and again at that kind of velocity. Or if it just rips off and smashes then what happens? i mean if he continues growing new brains eventually he wont have any room in there for a re formed brain....he'll be leaking brain out all of the holes in his head. Or since he can re form from such little dna left does another wolverine start to form in his head?

EDIT: sorry if ive been a bother. im just trying to understand

also i stopped liking him once he started healing back from crazy stuff like a nuke. i understand he has a great healing factor but when you start healing from stuff like one cell you start making the line really blurry. like if his hand is cut off it can heal because he can so why does another wolverine not form and other questions.

leonidas
there is no understanding. a great deal about him must fall under the category of suspension of disbelief. like many others. logan does push the bounds at times though. i personally do not like the character at all for the very reasons you mention. i had a period of time where i did like him (that original miller series was incredible and i loved logan for a few years) but he became too hard to take. it seemed to me that as his popularity grew, so too did his ability to survive almost anything. meh, whatever. you can't try and understand, because it's a comicbook. he does what he does and has done so for a long time now. you just accept it and read the character, or don't and don't. i don't even open the avengers anymore (or very very rarely) because i find him so insufferable and his feats at times so hard to stomach. oh well--lots of other characters out there that i DO like, so i don't worry too much about him.

Mindset
Wolverine is the second worst comic character, Daken being the first.

BlackZero30x
i agree with you both 100%

i admittedly like deadpool though but only because of his attitude and persona. i know he has some crazy healing feats also but i stopped reading his books awhile ago so i don't tire out on him like i did wolverine.

Mindset
And Deadpool is supposed to be ridiculous, he also has an immortality curse.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Mindset

exactly that's what i like about him!

leonidas

thumb up

pool is cool.

-Pr-
Cyclops in all three.

Sr J-Bieb
I agree with everyone in this thread. Wolverine is terrible

Mindset
thumb up

Just the worst.

srankmissingnin
first of all he is no superman and no where near his level.
second my point is not that he can not regrow his organs my point is when his brain is flopping around like a ping pong ball how does it heal/reattach while it's banging around? that would be like having a bouncing ball on a string that just got thrown in a small room and reattaching itself while it's still moving....it would just re-rip itself off. so next time before you go acting smarter then people try comprehending the question.

Due to his healing factor Wolverine's damage soak is right up there with the big guns, it just comes from an alternative source to durability, which apparently is incredibly confusing for some people. Wolverine took more hits from WWH than anyone who wasn't Sentry. Herc was three shotted, and his durability is right up there with the best of the best. What would happen if his brain was "banging around"? It would heal. If it re-ripped itself because it was still bouncing? It would heal again. Wolverine's healing factor is a passive and innate ability. It's always on and working, he doesn't wait until the damage stops to heal, he is just constantly healing. If his brain smashed of the side of his skull, his healing factor would heal the concussion, and if immediately after it smashed of his skull again, it would heal that damage too, and if in between those two events his brain stem was severed, it would heal that damage.

Purged

BlackZero30x
Due to his healing factor Wolverine's damage soak is right up there with the big guns, it just comes from an alternative source to durability, which apparently is incredibly confusing for some people. Wolverine took more hits from WWH than anyone who wasn't Sentry. Herc was three shotted, and his durability is right up there with the best of the best. What would happen if his brain was "banging around"? It would heal. If it re-ripped itself because it was still bouncing? It would heal again. Wolverine's healing factor is a passive and innate ability. It's always on and working, he doesn't wait until the damage stops to heal, he is just constantly healing. If his brain smashed of the side of his skull, his healing factor would heal the concussion, and if immediately after it smashed of his skull again, it would heal that damage too, and if in between those two events his brain stem was severed, it would heal that damage.

ok those were what i was looking for. but one thing remains would the high velocity "bouncing" around or continuous ripping off of the brain stem, even though it's re growing wont "Ko" him? On that note if not then what in your opinion will ko him?

srankmissingnin
ok those were what i was looking for. but one thing remains would the high velocity "bouncing" around or continuous ripping off of the brain stem, even though it's re growing wont "Ko" him? On that note if not then what in your opinion will ko him?

A character needs to just keep hammering him, and overload his healing factor. Despite the recent W:TBTI arc where it was said that Wolverine healing factor will heal faster and faster from an certain injury the more it is used, I like to think that there is diminishing returns when thinking about Wolverine's healing factor. That he will heal slower and slower after each attack until the damage is enough to put him down for the count.

inimalist
thumb up

Just the worst.

srankmissingnin
Anyway, Cyclops wins all three.

BlackZero30x
A character needs to just keep hammering him, and overload his healing factor. Despite the recent W:TBTI arc where it was said that Wolverine healing factor will heal faster and faster from an certain injury the more it is used, I like to think that there is diminishing returns when thinking about Wolverine's healing factor. That he will heal slower and slower after each attack until the damage is enough to put him down for the count.

ok then i gotcha!

now im feeling in a very spider-man mood.
and for the topic what i said before....

srankmissingnin
ok then i gotcha!

now im feeling in a very spider-man mood.
and for the topic what i said before....

hehe

Nice new sig/avi.

BlackZero30x
Thanks! I use to love spider-man and i have well over 300 spidy's in my collection. Mostly oldies though. i decided to try and get more into him again recently so i bought amazing spiderman 663. it wasn't bad but i thought it best if i went back to issue 600 and started there. so i have been in a spidy kick for a while.

peejayd

Trackz
We didn't see his face, on the next panel we do he's trying to get up with Madrox's help. we've seen wolverine ko'd by other characters though (frankencastle for example)

inimalist

-Pr-
Cyclops knows Reed Richards.

And the Phoenix... sneer

peejayd
* Tony Stark, Nick Fury and Steve Rogers also know him... and i think they are influential people as well...

DARTH POWER
Lol so Logan's winning by getting more Marvel characters on side, characters which have nothing to do with the X-men (apart from being Marvel) or mutants.

I think stick the team building to mutants guys.

Im sure Cyclops and Xavier should have enough connections through the Marvel world too, but that just gets too complicated and prob a bit off topic as well.

the ninjak
1. Fight. Depends on how far they are apart.
-Close. Logan.
-6 or more mtrs. Scott.
-Far apart. Enough to run and take cover Logan can always enter the ground for a sneak takedown. If no cover Scott.

2.Tactics- Scott.
Instincts- Dunno, most probably Logan.
Leadership- Is one of Scott's powers.

3.Team Building- With the average 4-6 man team- Scott.

aztec
Cyclops in all three, there's no contest..

StyleTime
no i get it completely. Maybe i wasn't speaking clearly......i understand his powers fully, i get what he's all about. its how he does it that makes me wonder. earlier i was told "not to mix reality science with comics" (not verbatim) but little things like "everything has an equal and opposite reaction" (granted with certain exceptions) but like i said before i don't understand how it's not a KO if his brain is knocking around in that unbreakable noggin of his. If it's still attached and it's bouncing all over the place then it's just re-damaging itself as it heals. if it came unattached and is bouncing around then as it re attaches it's going to keep ripping off again and again at that kind of velocity. Or if it just rips off and smashes then what happens? i mean if he continues growing new brains eventually he wont have any room in there for a re formed brain....he'll be leaking brain out all of the holes in his head. Or since he can re form from such little dna left does another wolverine start to form in his head?

EDIT: sorry if ive been a bother. im just trying to understand

also i stopped liking him once he started healing back from crazy stuff like a nuke. i understand he has a great healing factor but when you start healing from stuff like one cell you start making the line really blurry. like if his hand is cut off it can heal because he can so why does another wolverine not form and other questions.
It's possible he just goes unconscious for such a small amount time of that it seems uninterrupted.

You're not a bother. I don't even have a problem with people disliking him.

I think I am one of the few here with a neutral sentiment on Wolverine. On the whole, I don't particularly like or dislike him.

wildernesss
Imo, scott often comes off as the more intellectual of the two; that is the general vibe & tone their interactions & appearances seem to generate and suggest. it's massively misleading though since beneath logan's surface is genius and experience scott doesn't have a hope in hell of matching. logan's brain power (while in the daner room) was described by forge as being the equivalent of performing a gold medalist gymnastics routine while simultaneously beating four computer chess programs in his mind. he speaks half a dozen languages & has some knowledge of even more. he's an expert with computers, martial arts, flying helicopters & other craft, and reads classic novels like there is no tommorrow as evidenced in "the brotherhood" arc by rucka. so ya, scott has nothing on him except coming off as a bit of a condescending twerp at times. In actuality, logan is far more intelligent overall, but thinks more "from the heart" most of the time rather than endlessly ponificate or play the role of pseudo intellectual. logan seems to be getting very little love here, so i think cyclop's is due for some criticism.

logan would win any close combat fight with scott with ease. long range fight would only delay cyclop's inevitable loss. logan has better instincts. logan has more military experience considering he's been involved in several major wars. and finally, logan has the closer connection with jean grey phoenix (as shown VERY clearly in the last wolverine arc).

Bentley
Originally posted by wildernesss
Imo, scott often comes off as the more intellectual of the two; that is the general vibe & tone their interactions & appearances seem to generate and suggest. it's massively misleading though since beneath logan's surface is genius and experience scott doesn't have a hope in hell of matching. logan's brain power (while in the daner room) was described by forge as being the equivalent of performing a gold medalist gymnastics routine while simultaneously beating four computer chess programs in his mind. he speaks half a dozen languages & has some knowledge of even more. he's an expert with computers, martial arts, flying helicopters & other craft, and reads classic novels like there is no tommorrow as evidenced in "the brotherhood" arc by rucka. so ya, scott has nothing on him except coming off as a bit of a condescending twerp at times. In actuality, logan is far more intelligent overall, but thinks more "from the heart" most of the time rather than endlessly ponificate or play the role of pseudo intellectual. logan seems to be getting very little love here, so i think cyclop's is due for some criticism.

logan would win any close combat fight with scott with ease. long range fight would only delay cyclop's inevitable loss. logan has better instincts. logan has more military experience considering he's been involved in several major wars. and finally, logan has the closer connection with jean grey phoenix (as shown VERY clearly in the last wolverine arc).

Or, Scott is just smarter and Wolverine knows lot's of stuff because he's old cool

Cyclops VS Wolverine

1. who wins a fight to KO or incapacitation with prep & no prep?

2. who is the better tactician, leader, & strategist overall? which of the two has better instincts?

3. given time to build their own team, which of the two builds the better overall team. i.e. which team would likely defeat the other?

1. Could go either way really, but with prep I favor logan, without it, cyclops

2. cyke is the better tactical analyst, logan has the better warfare instincts

3. we'll soon know the answer to this one, but I would frankly say logan. Im glad the schism is coming, logan's fulfilling of leadership roles has been delayed long enough in comics

Originally posted by Bentley
Or, Scott is just smarter and Wolverine knows lot's of stuff because he's old cool I can see his point, cyke is cold and rational, while logan thinks and acts from his gut, but nothing justifies saying cyke is more intelligent

Silent Master

Given the thousands of times Wolverine has been surprised, shot or otherwise hit in fights, I'd say that statement is a great example of hyperbole.

JakeTheBank
Given the thousands of times Wolverine has been surprised, shot or otherwise hit in fights, I'd say that statement is a great example of hyperbole.

thumb up

Bentley
Originally posted by 753
I can see his point, cyke is cold and rational, while logan thinks and acts from his gut, but nothing justifies saying cyke is more intelligent

No, they aren't probably that different intelligence-wise.

peejayd
and finally, logan has the closer connection with jean grey phoenix (as shown VERY clearly in the last wolverine arc).

* heck, no... stick out tongue

cdtm

And can't he just spam widebeam, taking aiming out of the equation?

peejayd
* most probably, to take the "dodging"-argument out of equation... smile

-Pr-
Originally posted by cdtm

yep, or even pulse blasts.

Originally posted by Bentley
No, they aren't probably that different intelligence-wise. isnt that what I said?

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by StyleTime
It's possible he just goes unconscious for such a small amount time of that it seems uninterrupted.

You're not a bother. I don't even have a problem with people disliking him.

I think I am one of the few here with a neutral sentiment on Wolverine. On the whole, I don't particularly like or dislike him. ahh i c your point! i wouldn't say i hate him but i strongly strongly dis-like him lol but his "hardcore" fans make him a lot lower in my opinion then what he may actually be. Kinda like superman.

Originally posted by cdtm

Indeed he can!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.