Thanos gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
This is IG Thanos, and he has been given a quest that if completed will finally win him the love of Mistress Death, however, he can only use three out of the six gems for each battle.

1. Blood rage Thor and World War Hulk
2. JLA (Superman, Wonder Woman, GL Jordan, Flash, Captain Marvel)
3. New Gods (Orion, Darkseid, Big Barda)
4. Annihilators
5. Doomsdays (Hunter Prey, Gog Wars, Doomsday Wars)
6. Kryptonians (Superman, Supergirl, Zod, Ursa, Non, Super Boy Prime, Eradicator)
7. Heralds (Silver Surfer, Morg, Terrax, Nova, Airwalker, Fallen One)
8. Imperiex Prime and probes
9. Anti Monitor after absorbing the anti matter universe

Thanos has complete focus and is able to fully tap each gem. He is refreshed after and gets 24 hours to prepare for each battle.

SamZED
If WW Hulk gets his PIS force Thanos stops at one.

Nihilist
Stops at AM.

Batman-Prime
Stops at 1.

tsscls
Stops at 9, after a long and vigorous fight.

Gecko4lif
Stops at 3. You put the new gods way too low

carver9
WWH solos.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by carver9
WWH solos.

I never though I would do this but thumb up

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I never though I would do this but thumb up Seems like a perfect indicator to be wrong if you ask me.

kgkg
WWH solos. Read the thread before you post.

Utrigita
I doubt he is going past 8.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Seems like a perfect indicator to be wrong if you ask me.

Ok...that sounds...plausible

carver9
WWH solos.

Ok, I take this back... didn't see the gems.

Brockalizer
He might be able to beat the AM. All he'd really need are the Time gem and the Reality gem, with a power up from the Power gem. Just de-age AM back to his earlier levels when Supergirl kicked his ass. Thanos is a brilliant strategist I think that he would be properly incentivised to develope the right strategy for all 9 IMO.

tsscls
Originally posted by Brockalizer
He might be able to beat the AM. All he'd really need are the Time gem and the Reality gem, with a power up from the Power gem. Just de-age AM back to his earlier levels when Supergirl kicked his ass. Thanos is a brilliant strategist I think that he would be properly incentivised to develope the right strategy for all 9 IMO.

I take it back.
He might be able to take the JLA.
F-yall!

SquallX

That is a NLF.

Anti-Monitor after absorbing the Anti matter verse is close to being a multiversal being.

Harbinger
He's not beating a character who stalemated a fully backed Spectre and left him comatose.

TheTyrant
Clears it.

bbrem123
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Clears it.

celestialdemon
Gets to AM easily then loses.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Gets to AM easily then loses.

agreed

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Lord Feron
agreed
AM is over rated. Thanos with the right gem combo would be more than enough to handle him.

Originally posted by Harbinger
He's not beating a character who stalemated a fully backed Spectre and left him comatose. he wasnt fully backed then was he?

stops at 9

Diesldude
You can give thanos the infinity Gauntlet and he will still lose to AM. He stops at 2.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Diesldude
You can give thanos the infinity Gauntlet and he will still lose to AM. He stops at 2.

confused

You could put Robin in this same scenario and 2 wouldn't stop him.

TheLordofMurder
Thanos would need to the full Infinity Gauntlet to beat the AM under these conditions...

Brockalizer
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Thanos would need to the full Infinity Gauntlet to beat the AM under these conditions...
Not necessarily. PIS is a very powerful tool. Using the Time gem allows instant time travel, correct? So theoretically he has two very good options.
Option A: repeatedly revisit his own past at a specific time period like say, after he takes the Gardeners Time gem. Do this continuously, only each time he returns to the normal timeline he brings his past "self" with him. It wouldn't take long, especially with the time gem, before there was an army of Thanosi each with their own Soul, Power, and Time gem, that once existed within seconds of each other in the same timeline.
Option B: not as exotic but still effective, again using the Time gem, only this time he travels to the future when he has the HOTU, telling himself that this victory will finally win him the love of Mistress Death would be more than enough to help him recruit his future self to handle the Anti-Monitor.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The time Gem, Power Gem and Reality gem seem like enough to beat AM to me. What is the reasoning that this combo still wouldn't work?

Brockalizer
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
The time Gem, Power Gem and Reality gem seem like enough to beat AM to me. What is the reasoning that this combo still wouldn't work?
Good question.

Batman-Prime
At the high of his power the Spectre had to appear to stop him, and even he failed. AM was a Multiversal thread and should be over the Gems of a single Universe. I think the HOTU would be a better challange IF it's not just an Universal artefact big grin.

Brockalizer
At the high of his power the Spectre had to appear to stop him, and even he failed. AM was a Multiversal thread and should be over the Gems of a single Universe. I think the HOTU would be a better challange IF it's not just an Universal artefact big grin.
So a hodgepodge of hero's and villains varying in power from moderate to high was just barely enough to beat the AM, but an individual that is already insanely powerful and durable, with access to all of the power the does, has, or ever will exist, not to mention the fact that he has accress to other artifacts that give him complete control of either Reality, or Time isn't quite up top the task? That must be some damn fine Kool-Aide you folks have been drinking.

iceman24567
WWH solos. How does WWh beat standard Thanos carver? How?

KuRuPT Thanosi

Do you know what ACTUALLY beat the AM? Honestly? Much Much less than Thanos with the IG. Yet, Thanos with the IG can't beat the AM... hmm makes sense to me. Seriously though, you aren't understanding one thing.. First, as stated on panel and through feats.. the IG is AT LEAST Multi-universal, at the least. Second, even if you want to consider it just universal... it makes one God of THAT universe. So even if you believe the AM is multiversal and could do whatever he wants to other universes... as soon as he comes to THE universe Thanos has dominion over... he gets wrecked.

nimbus006
Do you know what ACTUALLY beat the AM? Honestly? Much Much less than Thanos with the IG. Yet, Thanos with the IG can't beat the AM... hmm makes sense to me. Seriously though, you aren't understanding one thing.. First, as stated on panel and through feats.. the IG is AT LEAST Multi-universal, at the least. Second, even if you want to consider it just universal... it makes one God of THAT universe. So even if you believe the AM is multiversal and could do whatever he wants to other universes... as soon as he comes to THE universe Thanos has dominion over... he gets wrecked.

To be fair, the opening post states he only has 3 of the gems, not the complete IG.

I still think Thanos can run this gaunlet with the Time, Reality, and Power gems.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by nimbus006
To be fair, the opening post states he only has 3 of the gems, not the complete IG.

I still think Thanos can run this gaunlet with the Time, Reality, and Power gems.

I know. I stated those are all the gems he would need. We were having a seperate discussion because he thinks the AM could even beat thanos with the full IG

Robin Dc
Originally posted by celestialdemon
confused

You could put Robin in this same scenario and 2 wouldn't stop him. thumb up

nimbus006
I know. I stated those are all the gems he would need. We were having a seperate discussion because he thinks the AM could even beat thanos with the full IG

Oh, my fault, I didn't notice that.

SquallX

The fact that he survived the creation of the multiverse.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Ummmm okay... How is that a durability feat... Lucifer and Michael were also there point blank and the big bang... but that isn't a durability feat.

Brockalizer
thumb up
Couldn't have said it better myself.

SquallX
Ummmm okay... How is that a durability feat... Lucifer and Michael were also there point blank and the big bang... but that isn't a durability feat.

So surviving a blast that restarted the Multiverse at point blank is not a durability feat?

Dude, what the **** have you been smoking, i ****ing want some. smokin'

KuRuPT Thanosi
Question.... Again.. Does Michael and Lucifer being point blank at the start of the multiversal big bang = a durability feat? The thing is... when you're dealing with tools of a higher power wanting to have something executed you survive because that is what you're suppose to do. The Prescence was using M and L to create the multiverse.. they were his instruments to get the job he wanted done. He isn't going to let them die on the one hand.. or on the other hand... it's more of a symbolic thing to being of that power. They aren't per se surviving a blast that started the multiverse... there were the tools of THE highest being to create the multiverse. So them being there point blank doesn't equal them surviving some exponential blast. It's a creation story and nothing more. It's not meant to be any type of durability feat.

cdtm

What? Sure it was.

So was Lucifer standing there point blank when Michael created his multiverse.

cdtm
Question.... Again.. Does Michael and Lucifer being point blank at the start of the multiversal big bang = a durability feat? The thing is... when you're dealing with tools of a higher power wanting to have something executed you survive because that is what you're suppose to do. The Prescence was using M and L to create the multiverse.. they were his instruments to get the job he wanted done. He isn't going to let them die on the one hand.. or on the other hand... it's more of a symbolic thing to being of that power. They aren't per se surviving a blast that started the multiverse... there were the tools of THE highest being to create the multiverse. So them being there point blank doesn't equal them surviving some exponential blast. It's a creation story and nothing more. It's not meant to be any type of durability feat.

That's all conjecture, and not supported by the comics.

Besides, it would be easier for Presence to simply make them that durable, then to give them an exotic immunity to big bangs.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Show me ANY sign of pain or damage or ANYTHING that suggested they were tanking an explosion exponentionally greater than anything else in comics ever. There was ZERO sign of anything like that. Yet, when we've seen Micheal and Lucifer in other comics... we've seen damage.. we've seen them show signs of damage from much less. So, how do you explain that?

Batman-Prime

Yes I do, so? And yes Thanos can't, live with it. He doesn't have to come to the Universe directly in order to destroy it. And Thanos still couldn't take on LT, so it's possible that a being is still more powerful then the IG. And yes AM at the dawn of creation was that powerful.

kevdude
I'd say he stops at 8.

King Kandy
He rides the reality gem to clear it.

McNasty996
Are we assuming and going against virtually every representation in comics that the gems do exactly as they were stated to work and that Thanos has full control of the gems or are we using their representation in comics. If its the latter he doesn't get as far as some are saying.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by McNasty996
Are we assuming and going against virtually every representation in comics that the gems do exactly as they were stated to work and that Thanos has full control of the gems or are we using their representation in comics. If its the latter he doesn't get as far as some are saying.
I'm assuming that "completely focused" means that he's using the gems to the full potential established by the writers, not based on feats accomplished by previous holders. So anything Drax, Warlock, Thor, Reed Richards, Black Bolt or any other previous gem holder did is irrellevant. How would Thanos, based on his own previous showings, perform were he to utilize the full potential of whatever gem(s) he were to use, individually or to power another gem up, rather than when they were all united in the IG?

cdtm
I'm assuming that "completely focused" means that he's using the gems to the full potential established by the writers, not based on feats accomplished by previous holders. So anything Drax, Warlock, Thor, Reed Richards, Black Bolt or any other previous gem holder did is irrellevant. How would Thanos, based on his own previous showings, perform were he to utilize the full potential of whatever gem(s) he were to use, individually or to power another gem up, rather than when they were all united in the IG?

The thing is, even Nebula managed to beat all the abstracts with the full gauntlet. It's inarguable that Thanos is a better user, but that also proves that the gems are much more powerful when combined in the gauntlet, then they are individually.

Since Thanos only has 3 gems out of the set, who can say if they're on par with a completed, or nearly completed, IG?

cdtm
Wait, does Thanos get all the gems but can use only three, or does he only get three gems?

If it's a full gauntlet, but he can only access three, then yeah, he pwns. Put the gems together, and each individual gem amps to abstract levels.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by cdtm
The thing is, even Nebula managed to beat all the abstracts with the full gauntlet. It's inarguable that Thanos is a better user, but that also proves that the gems are much more powerful when combined in the gauntlet, then they are individually.

Since Thanos only has 3 gems out of the set, who can say if they're on par with a completed, or nearly completed, IG?
The other gems have been written about individually pretty extensively. Based on that and conditions stated, how do YOU think that they would perform individually or in tandem?

cdtm
The other gems have been written about individually pretty extensively. Based on that how do YOU think that they would perform individually or in tandem?

I think each gem has a specific function, and putting the gems together on the gauntlet doesn't change their function... Combining them into a single relic only amps their power level.

For example, when he was facing Chronos, he accessed the Time Gem to counter his time manipulation. And when he attacked the Celestials, it was portrayed as the exact same attack as when Adam Warlock claimed he was using the Power Gem on Strange.

cdtm
Or put another way, I in no way think Nebula could defeat a Celestial with any single gem.

However, with a complete Gauntlet, I believe she could pwn him using only the powers of the Power Gem, as all of the Power Gems "cosmic attack beam" feats happened under a complete gauntlet.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Show me ANY sign of pain or damage or ANYTHING that suggested they were tanking an explosion exponentionally greater than anything else in comics ever. There was ZERO sign of anything like that. Yet, when we've seen Micheal and Lucifer in other comics... we've seen damage.. we've seen them show signs of damage from much less. So, how do you explain that?

Still waiting for people who say he TANKED the big bang and it was a durability feat to explain this.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Diesldude
Seriously? You do realize that the group of heroes that took down the AM wouldn't have had a prayer against Thanos with the IG? He beat himself, he couldn't have been beaten otherwise. That wouldn't happen in this situation, he'd be too focused on finally winning his prize.

quanchi112
Clears, it, easily.

SquallX
Seriously? You do realize that the group of heroes that took down the AM wouldn't have had a prayer against Thanos with the IG? He beat himself, he couldn't have been beaten otherwise. That wouldn't happen in this situation, he'd be too focused on finally winning his prize.

So pray tell who were the heroes that battle Thanos when he had the Gems in that story arc.

At least the Heroes that battled AM consisted of Pre-Crisis Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Super Boy Prime, the most powerful magic users of said time.

Form what i heard, Black Kat was one of the heroes that were chosen to battle against Thanos. Hell, it was said that Captain America battle against Thanos in H2h, and he survived.

Also stop with the bullshit of Thanos beating himself. It was specifically pointed out, that TOOA made Thanos his *****.

Where as AM took a creation blast form Spectre, and still survived. And creation was a multiversal blast.

tkitna
Clears it

cdtm

Every time they got hurt by a spear or sword, those weren't normal spears and swords. They were angelic weapons. It's entirely plausible for Lucifer and Michael to tank big bangs, and still be hurt by the weapons of angels.

Regardless, Lucifer took a big bang, on panel, with no extenuating circumstances canonically given. That's really the beginning and end of the debate.

quanchi112
Every time they got hurt by a spear or sword, those weren't normal spears and swords. They were angelic weapons. It's entirely plausible for Lucifer and Michael to tank big bangs, and still be hurt by the weapons of angels.

Regardless, Lucifer took a big bang, on panel, with no extenuating circumstances canonically given. That's really the beginning and end of the debate. No, he reshaped the energies which means he controlled them. It was even called a controlled detonation on panel.

Please be aware of something before you act like it was as cut and dry as you implied.

cdtm
Originally posted by quanchi112
No, he reshaped the energies which means he controlled them. It was even called a controlled detonation on panel.

Please be aware of something before you act like it was as cut and dry as you implied.

He was still standing point blank next to Michael when the detonation went off. The fact he shaped those energies doesn't prove anything.

quanchi112
He was still standing point blank next to Michael when the detonation went off. The fact he shaped those energies doesn't prove anything. Yes, it proves he controlled the detonation which changes the feat drastically. He shaped those energies so acting like he can tank a multiversal blast he doesn't control is speculative since he's never done so. Angelic spears are also less powerful than a multiversal blast and they could still hurt him as could any of the japanese gods, etc. In combat lucy was very hurtable just very smart.

cdtm
Originally posted by quanchi112
Yes, it proves he controlled the detonation which changes the feat drastically. He shaped those energies so acting like he can tank a multiversal blast he doesn't control is speculative since he's never done so.

No, it's speculative to assume that an ability to shape energies post detonation has any bearing on tanking them. And the fact Michael has, in fact, hurt Lucifer with a focused beam of same energies proves Lucifer isn't naturally immune to their effect.

Since he took Michaels explosion without injury, yet was injured by angelic weapons, I disagree.

quanchi112
No, it's speculative to assume that an ability to shape energies post detonation has any bearing on tanking them. And the fact Michael has, in fact, hurt Lucifer with a focused beam of same energies proves Lucifer isn't naturally immune to their effect.

Since he took Michaels explosion without injury, yet was injured by angelic weapons, I disagree. I agree Lucy isn't immune to them but when he can shape them he has direct control over them. If someone is firing them at him it hurts but if it's an explosion he controls then he controls the explosion.

He controlled the energies released and you just contradicted yourself. If michael can hurt him that means this blast would have hurt killed him as well if he didn't have control over them.

I'm glad you destroyed your own argument you saved me the trouble.

rotiart
Originally posted by SquallX
So pray tell who were the heroes that battle Thanos when he had the Gems in that story arc.

Even death recognized thanos power exceeded her own... So did eternity...

At least the Heroes that battled AM consisted of Pre-Crisis Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Super Boy Prime, the most powerful magic users of said time.

Form what i heard, Black Kat was one of the heroes that were chosen to battle against Thanos. Hell, it was said that Captain America battle against Thanos in H2h, and he survived.

Also stop with the bullshit of Thanos beating himself. It was specifically pointed out, that TOOA made Thanos his *****.

Where as AM took a creation blast form Spectre, and still survived. And creation was a multiversal blast.

You mean besides virtually all the heroes in marvel? And all the abstracts including eternity order chaos hate etc?

When thanos fought captain America he was playing around with him....

Brockalizer
Originally posted by SquallX

The answer to you question is ALL of them including the abstracts. Pre-Crisis or not the DC team would have still gotten it's ass handed to them by an IG wielding Thanos. The only reason the Marvel heroes lasted as long as they did is because he limited his use of the mind gem in an effort to impress Mistress Death. You should try reading it sometime it's great. And as far as the ass whipping he received from The One Above All there are some serious flaws with your logic. A.) that wasn't IG Thanos
B.) The One Above All is the GOD of the Marvel Universe and, according to almost every fan poll, is the MOST POWERFUL in all of comics, even higher than the Presence but just barely, so of course he was able to ***** slap him.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Regardless, Lucifer took a big bang, on panel, with no extenuating circumstances canonically given. That's really the beginning and end of the debate.

That is the EXACT point... first, those shouldn't hurt lucifer or micheal more than an exponentionally greater explosion than anything we've seen on panel. Second, it hasn't just been swords or weapons. Michael has hurt lucifer with a simple blast... yet those same energies from michael ONLY EXPONETIONALLY bigger didn't do a thing to him? That actually makes sense to you? Jesus :facepalm: The fact of the matter is.. that was HIS job to carry out a creation story for a being way more powerful than either of them combined. It's a CREATION STORY, and just like every other one, doesn't involve durability feats for it to happen. Both Lucifer and Michael were tools to get the job done and it was the will of the prescence. There was no tanking of anything. To say nothing of the fact that he didn't tank it.. he manipulated it... which even further proves my point

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.