ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Maul.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
They fight in the same location as the Phantom Menace fight.

Maul isn't screwing around this time.

ares834
Kenobi.

Nephthys
Ditto.

DARTH POWER
I take it this is TPM Maul..

In that case Kenobi wins with difficulty.

But Im betting CW Maul will return considerably more powerful than CW/ROTS Obi-Wan.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Nephthys
They fight in the same location as the Phantom Menace fight.

Maul isn't screwing around this time. Kenobi wins with GREAT difficulty after a very prolonged duel (ala his duel w/ Vader on Mustafar).

ares834
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
Kenobi wins with GREAT difficulty after a very prolonged duel (ala his duel w/ Vader on Mustafar).
No... not at all.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by ares834
No... not at all.

Yes... yes to all.

Nephthys
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I take it this is TPM Maul..

In that case Kenobi wins with difficulty.

But Im betting CW Maul will return considerably more powerful than CW/ROTS Obi-Wan.

So Maul can defeat Qui-Gon and Young kenobi but his superior cannot?

Innnnnteresting......*

*yes this is why I made the thead.

ares834
Anakin is one of the mightiest Jedi of all time. What has Maul done that puts him anywhere in his league?

Jinsoku Takai
Anakin is one of the mightiest Jedi of all time. What has Maul done that puts him anywhere in his league?

Maul is one of the deadliest Sith of all time.

ares834
Maul is one of the deadliest Sith of all time.

And what has he done that gives him this position.

Nephthys
Theres a quote that states it.

ares834
I think the quote used Sith apprentice rather than Sith... However I still fail to see how that puts him in Anakin's league who has considerably better feats.

DARTH POWER
So Maul can defeat Qui-Gon and Young kenobi but his superior cannot?

Innnnnteresting......*

*yes this is why I made the thead.

LOL I KNEW IT!!!!

If you remeber I did mention Maul had a double blade to help him fight mutiple opponents.

I doubt Maul would have lasted as long against these same 2 with just a regular lightsaber.

I think the quote used Sith apprentice rather than Sith... However I still fail to see how that puts him in Anakin's league who has considerably better feats.

Kenobi's no match at all for ROTS Anakin. He was able to put up such a good fight at the end because of:

1) Anakin's mental state.

2) According to the ROTS novel, and according to Nick Gillard Kenobi and Anakin both know each others moves inside out, so its difficult for either of them to get past the others defences.

As for this fight, factor in how good Maul is at hand to hand combat. His martial arts, his kicks (which would be deadlier than Ventress's kicks).

This fight has no connection to the Anakin vs Obi-Wan fight, and no one would argue Maul could beat or even match ROTS Anakin.

Nephthys
Obi-Wan was defending against 4 lightsabers at once. erm

Not having a double-lightsaber isn't going to hinder him.

DARTH POWER
^

It is in this fight. If each jedi fight on opposite sides of him, (like they were against Maul at different points in the fight) I dnt see how he can defend against that.

It would at the very least make this fight A LOT harder than it was for Maul. And even though I said ROTS Obi-Wan would defeat TPM Maul, combat wise I see them in the same league.

RE: Blaxican
Kenobi in seconds.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Kenobi in seconds.

Nah, especially given that Soresu users are known for getting involved in long, drawn out battles.

RagingBoner
JT
Nah, especially given that Soresu users are known for getting involved in long, drawn out battles.

You'll have to forgive my dark colleague: He has clung tightly to a deep-seated hatred for the first known Sith apprentice of His Imperial Majesty for years and characteristically underestimates him.

Galan007
Nah, especially given that Soresu users are known for getting involved in long, drawn out battles. Yeah, because it, you know, took Kenobi forever to trounce Grievous in sabers.

RagingBoner
G007
Yeah, because it, you know, took Kenobi forever to trounce Grievous in sabers.

We have reason (and when I say reason, I mean details from the ROTS novelization) to believe that Obi-Wan Kenobi was being empowered by the Force to an uncommon degree during that battle, hence his somewhat casual dominance over the general in what was otherwise a rivalry in which they seemed rather equitable in overall dueling ability.

Galan007
Originally posted by RagingBoner
We have reason (and when I say reason, I mean details from the ROTS novelization) to believe that Obi-Wan Kenobi was being empowered by the Force to an uncommon degree during that battle, You have the excerpt on hand? I'm way too lazy to look, atm.

RagingBoner
G007
You have the excerpt on hand? I'm way too lazy to look, atm.

I have something in my hand, all right, but it's most certainly not the excerpt.

no expression

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Galan007
You have the excerpt on hand? I'm way too lazy to look, atm.

Something about him becoming a vessel of this Force or something like that.

Jinsoku Takai
I have something in my hand, all right, but it's most certainly not the excerpt.

no expression

blink

RagingBoner
JT
blink

This must be the face of sexual arousal.

Nephthys
I'd say its more a 'oh crap somethings in ma butt' face.

Nah, especially given that Soresu users are known for getting involved in long, drawn out battles. So it would take RotS Kenobi 20 minutes to kill Zett Jukasa? Having prolonged duels is a tactic used to wear down or provide opportunities against superior opponents. Nothing implies that it would take a Soresu user forever and a day to defeat someone who is vastly their superior in skills and technique.

Furthermore, even if it was a long duel, it would mostly be of Obi-Wan toying with him, ala his CW movie fight with Ventress. Hardly some desperate scrap like against Anakin.

Meant to say vastly their inferior. You cock.

Jinsoku Takai
Nothing implies that it would take a Soresu user forever and a day to defeat someone who is vastly their superior in skills and technique.

Assuming you mean inferior (although superior is probably right), where's your canon quote/evidence of Maul being "vastly inferior" to Kenobi in saber skill/technique?

RagingBoner
N.
butt' face.

D... d-did you just call me... a butt face?

Assuming you mean inferior (although superior is probably right), where's your canon quote/evidence of Maul being "vastly inferior" to Kenobi in saber skill/technique? Superior showings, has fought much more reputable characters, has a track record that isn't restricted purely to defeating two featless wonders then losing to a Padawan, etc.

RagingBoner
Blax
has fought much more reputable characters,

Maul's fought Palpatine, who's a great deal more dangerous than anyone I can recall Obi-Wan raising his blade against. excellent

Dooku > Palpatine in sabers according to the infallible Sorgo.

Come at me (but not on me).

RagingBoner
Blax
Dooku > Palpatine in sabersaccording to the infallible Sorgo.

I shan't insult or attack Sorgo (for I was rather fond of him), but while the good Count's technical expertise very likelypossibly surpassed his that of his Master, Palpatine was substantially more powerful in the Force and that usually gives the opponent an edge; Palpatine is more dangerous, intelligent, and powerful than his elderly disciple.

So Maul's got the edge when it comes to the pinnacle of reputable opponents. excellent

I believe I just did both. I will allow you to wipe your face off with the nearest available napkin, but you will keep it as a souvenir. uhuh

edited for accuracy

edited again for accuracy; Palpatine was a practitioner of Juyo, which requires that he be a master of multiple lightsaber forms, which indicates great skill.

Nephthys
The difference being that Kenbi didn't get his ass kicked against said reputable opponents like Maul did against Palpatine.

DARTH POWER
Kenobi in seconds.

I really cant see Kenobi defeating ANY Sith Lord in seconds.

DARTH POWER
The difference being that Kenbi didn't get his ass kicked against said reputable opponents like Maul did against Palpatine.

LOL Kenobi never got his ass handed to him by Dooku??!! Even that was with Anakin at his side.

Kenobi has no feats against Dooku whatsoever.

Kenobi also got disarmed and knocked on his ass by Ventress, someone who is not even close to Dooku's league.

Nephthys
As ever, I'm talking about lightsaber combat.

DARTH POWER
Still no feat N.

All we have is a thought of Dooku's while he was under serious pressure from Anakin..

Oh and getting disarmed and tossed on the floor by Ventress was in Saber combat.

Nephthys
coughlowballingcough

Ah yes. Let's ignore the half dozen times Kenobi has effortlessly destroyed Ventress in duels in favor of that one solitary time where she defeated him.

Darth Power at his finest.

Though even then, losing to Ventress is still not as laem as getting chopped in half by a padawan. Maul dies in seconds once again to the man with greater feats.

DARTH POWER
Ah yes. Let's ignore the half dozen times Kenobi has effortlessly destroyed Ventress in duels in favor of that one solitary time where she defeated him.

Darth Power at his finest.

You'll be hard pressed to find me even one time (outside the clone war movie) that Kenobi "effortlessly" destroyed Ventress.

And Even in the CW movie Ventress disarmed Kenobi first, and had a chance to kill him, but waited a couple seconds due to PIS! And this also when she was still too weak to register as a threat in Sidious's eyes yet.

But I like how you guys have shifted the conversation from Obi-Wan's apparent feat over Count Dooku to me low-balling Obi-Wan.

Blax and Nephthys at their finest laughing

RagingBoner
N.

But that's not what the Dark One said. excellent

Nephthys
Did I say he did? Thats what I said.

RagingBoner
N.
Did I say he did? Thats what I said.

You didn't say that's just what you said. excellent

Nephthys
I'd say it was implied. no expression

RagingBoner
N.
I'd say it was implied. no expression

Perhaps excellent

Rebel95
rots obi wan ftw. he barely beat him as a padawan, but as a jedi master it would be a walk in the park.

Stealth Moose
Superior showings, has fought much more reputable characters, has a track record that isn't restricted purely to defeating two featless wonders then losing to a Padawan, etc.

You mean Qui-Gon, who was Council-material if he wasn't such a rogue, and Anoon Bondara, who was "Second to none" in saber combat? Those two featless wonders?

Nephthys
Technical skill doesn't equal real combat ability.

If he was second to none he wouldn't have gotten tooled in battle.

Jinsoku Takai
Technical skill doesn't equal real combat ability.

True no expression

But as RB said, Darth Sidious.

Nephthys
Who utterly defeated him.

Jinsoku Takai
After almost being killed. Yes, he defeated him, but was still almost overwhelmed by a Darth Maul who was starved, beaten, and clinging to life.

Nephthys
He was briefly taken aback. He still owned him hard enoug that he was able to trace his outline with his saber to such a perfect degree that if Maul had twitched hed be dead. That isn't so much getting through his guard as it is holding it down and going Blue Velvet on its ass*.

*literally. wink

Jinsoku Takai
He was briefly taken aback. He still owned him hard enoug that he was able to trace his outline with his saber to such a perfect degree that if Maul had twitched hed be dead. That isn't so much getting through his guard as it is holding it down and going Blue Velvet on its ass*.

*literally. wink

This? blink

DmEwdLOsh7k

Nephthys
Never heard of Frank Booth?

Jinsoku Takai
Never heard of Frank Booth?

Yeah man. It just seemed like the thing to do.

Nephthys
I'm gonna Blue Velvet you if you pull that shit again.

Jinsoku Takai
I'm gonna Blue Velvet you if you pull that shit again.

Not happening. shuriken...gunsmilie...tank

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
You mean Qui-Gon, who was Council-material

http://www.cabbagestew.com/images/coleman-trebor.jpg

Yes, obviously one's ability with a lightsaber is taken into account when deciding who is council material.

Yes, unless you're aware of some feats Anoon displayed that I'm not aware of? As far as I know, the only thing he has to his name is a single ambiguous quote.

RagingBoner
Ambiguous?

It's an adjective, and roughly means "can be interpreted different ways".

RagingBoner
Adjective?

Adjectives are ____ ____ ____ ____ _____ _____ _____ _____.

RagingBoner
____?

DARTH POWER

Yes, obviously one's ability with a lightsaber is taken into account when deciding who is council material.

What you think its just a coincidence that the 2 heads of the Council are also the 2 most powerful jedi in the order?? Or that Fisto, Kolar, Tiin (some of the best swordsmen in the history of the jedi) are all council members??

The council tends to have the most powerful jedi masters. With the exception of people like Qui-Gon who dnt follow the code.

In any case we know Qui-Gon was one of the best swordsmen of TPM era.

No.

RagingBoner
Blax, would you mind indulging in activities befitting racial stereotypes and 'splain how the quote concerning Anoon is ambiguous?

Does "second to none" refer to political power? I doubt it, as Janus would have been the first one to point it out.

Jinsoku Takai
...would you mind indulging in activities befitting racial stereotypes and 'splain how the quote concerning Anoon is ambiguous?

Does "second to none" refer to political power? I doubt it, as Janus would have been the first one to point it out. Not abigiuous, but a fallible opinion w/ little to zero evidence to support it.

Nephthys
Indeed. IIRC the quote comes from his apprentice, does it not?

Jinsoku Takai
Indeed. IIRC the quote comes from his apprentice, does it not? Yeah!! No bias there, right?

Q99

Good point smile

It probably is factored in during wartime, but during peace? No reason just being so-so with a blade wouldn't be enough if you're a good enough diplomat (/whatever).

Tiin's not even noted as one of the best at the time, let alone history. And I find the claim of Kolar being one of the best in history highly questionable, for that matter ^^; The only one of those three who I think lives up to the hype is Fisto, and in-universe he was just said to be one of the best of the current order, not in all it's history.

It's certainly not a coincidence that the best duelists like Windu and Kenobi are in the council, but it's likely more on the side of "The best at any area of Jedi skill can get in," rather than saber skill specifically being a requirement of being in the council.

Personally I'd say the best thing Qui-gon has to show is he taught Obi-Wan.

RagingBoner
JT
Not abigiuous,

thumb up

Nephthys
Its still fallible though.

Blax, would you mind indulging in activities befitting racial stereotypes and 'splain how the quote concerning Anoon is ambiguous?

Does "second to none" refer to political power? I doubt it, as Janus would have been the first one to point it out. "Second to none" is one of the most commonly used hyperbolic statements used in the English language. Why is everyone assuming that the author is being literal, and not using hyperbole to say "He's really good"? It can be interpreted in different ways. There's no context to the quote in regards to what pool of fighters Anoon is being compared to. Is the author only comparing him to fighters in his era, or is he talking about in the entire history of the mythos up until that point? What does the author mean when he says "technical skill"? Is he throwing the word technical in there to emphasize that there are aspects of dueling that he does not have unsurpassed skill in? When he says technical is he referring to a mechanical knowledge, or pragmatic application?

These are all questions that I'm sure everyone can answer, however, there is nothing that points to one interpretation being more valid than another, hence, it is ambiguous.

RagingBoner
N.
Its still fallible though.

I'm not saying it isn't.

Nephthys
Edit: fvcking private message bullshit. Why don't they put the entire post in the reply post? Its just fvcking idiotic.

RagingBoner
Wrong thread.

Nephthys
I know, but I needed to write it in this one beause the fvcking reply option doesn't put the whole post in the reply for some arbitrary bullshit reason.

Also sorry for all the spelling mistakes. It's like 6 in the morning over here.

RagingBoner
N.
I know, but I needed to write it in this one beause the fvcking reply option doesn't put the whole post in the reply for some arbitrary bullshit reason.

Also sorry for all the spelling mistakes. It's like 6 in the morning over here.

Take a deep breath, my child. KMC's gay functions will endure your hatred, you must learn to cope.

The chat's not even something to get irritated about, so no worries. stoned

In other news, I won this thread. Give me wimminzzzzzzz

Lord Lucien
How 'bout the biggest hug you've ever seen?

Nephthys
e

RagingBoner
4 reelz dude? again?

Nephthys
Oh for ****s sake. I finish a post and hit send. Its a reflex.

Can't we just go to the actual thread. This is so pointless.

Edit: you replied oddly swiftly.

RagingBoner
Edit: you replied oddly swiftly.

Omniscience*.

*And by that, I mean that you had posted the response on the thread, so I drafted up a rebuttal from the material here by not refreshing the page.

Nephthys
I meant you replied fast to me posting it in this thread.

RagingBoner
N.
I meant you replied fast to me posting it in this thread.

Heh. My swiftness is legendary; just ask your mom: I always get there first. shifty

Wait a sec-

no expression

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Q99

Tiin's not even noted as one of the best at the time, let alone history. And I find the claim of Kolar being one of the best in history highly questionable, for that matter ^^; The only one of those three who I think lives up to the hype is Fisto, and in-universe he was just said to be one of the best of the current order, not in all it's history.

Its in ROTS novel that they were all amongst the best swordsmen in the history of the order.

Originally posted by Q99
It's certainly not a coincidence that the best duelists like Windu and Kenobi are in the council, but it's likely more on the side of "The best at any area of Jedi skill can get in," rather than saber skill specifically being a requirement of being in the council.

Well I never said it was specifically decided on Saber skill. Could be different skills, but they seem to have the ones with the strongest and most powerful connections to the force, which usually translates to pretty damn good fighters.

Originally posted by Q99

Personally I'd say the best thing Qui-gon has to show is he taught Obi-Wan.

Theres lots of things. Theres quotes calling him one of the best swordsmen of the order. Quotes saying he used to draw with Mace in saber sparring.

Then theres the fact the council sent him to fight the first Sith Lord emerging in centuries. Backed up by his padawan, but still He must have been good for them to have confidence sending him for that mission.

Q99
Its in ROTS novel that they were all amongst the best swordsmen in the history of the order.

Yea, their feats really don't back that up. There's a lot of Jedi from other eras I'd take over Fisto, let alone Agen and Tiin, and even quite a few swordsjedi from the CW era above Agen and Tiin.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, their feats really don't back that up. There's a lot of Jedi from other eras I'd take over Fisto, let alone Agen and Tiin, and even quite a few swordsjedi from the CW era above Agen and Tiin.

Well Kolar did completely own Quinlan Vos, but then I suppose you'll ask for Vos's feats. Then I'll tell you Vos killed Sora Bulq, and you'll ask for Sora's feats and so on and so forth.

I think narrations should be used as evidence too. Not just feats. End of the day those characters who we have seen more of tend to have more feats.

Maul has only one movie (in which he did not even appear that much) a novel and a couple of comics in which he appears.

Whilst Obi-Wan is in 4 movies (corporeal form) numerous episodes of CW's and numerous more EU works (novels and comics).

So he'll obviously have more feats, but that doesn't automatically mean he wins.

In other news, I won this thread.

Lol I must have missed that part. Im still waiting for you to back up your claim that Kenobi has "Effortlessly" destroyed Ventress many times.

Which I know you can't do but it will be fun to watch you try!

Q99
Well Kolar did completely own Quinlan Vos, but then I suppose you'll ask for Vos's feats. Then I'll tell you Vos killed Sora Bulq, and you'll ask for Sora's feats and so on and so forth.

I'll point out that Dooku felt Vos was weak with a saber.

And I know Bulq, which is Vos's best feat, and he's good, no doubt, but I wouldn't rate him as a best-in-history type either.

But at the same time, *so many* Jedi of many era have been called "among the best ever". There is literally a dozen CW era Jedi who I'd put above Agen, Vos, Tiin, etc. in a duel.

And Tiin? When you're fifth out of fifth *in the room*, and Mace's team was chosen on the basis of "the best on-planet who happened to be available, not counting Anakin or Shaak Ti," then you aren't close to being in the contention for best in history.

Even if someone has only a few feats, high quality ones can make up for it, and Maul's feats simply aren't all that high.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Q99
I'll point out that Dooku felt Vos was weak with a saber.

If I remember correctly it was more a reference to how poorly the fencing techniques of the Jedi (as a whole) have gone down.

Originally posted by Q99
And I know Bulq, which is Vos's best feat, and he's good, no doubt, but I wouldn't rate him as a best-in-history type either.

Lol I doubt your ratings are canon. Forget the fact that Bulq gave Mace a run for his money, hes just supposed to be awsome inside out (when it comes to saber fighting).

Originally posted by Q99
But at the same time, *so many* Jedi of many era have been called "among the best ever".

Really? Like who?

Originally posted by Q99
There is literally a dozen CW era Jedi who I'd put above Agen, Vos, Tiin, etc. in a duel.

Again Canon quotes > Your ratings.

Originally posted by Q99
Even if someone has only a few feats, high quality ones can make up for it, and Maul's feats simply aren't all that high.

Thats your opinion. Because you personally consider Qui-Gon and Anoon as nobody's to beat.

Although you forget Maul almost took Sidious in a fit of rage (in sabers).. You can make whatever excuses you want for that, but the fact is the vast majority of Jedi could not do that in any circumstance at all.

Galan007
Forget the fact that Bulq gave Mace a run for his money I wouldn't go that far.

RagingBoner
G007
I wouldn't go that far.

Just how far would you go, handsome? love

teehehe

Jinsoku Takai
I wouldn't go that far.

Yeah, Mace ended that fight as soon as he needed/wanted to.

Q99

Really? Like who?

Yoda, Mace, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Shaak-Ti, Kit Fisto, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Plo Koon, Dooku. Sharad Hett was considered 'legendary,' and so on.

And there's more of other eras. Satele Shan, Luke, Revan, and all the various massively famous Jedi out there, though the praise doesn't get thrown around to quite as many in the other eras, even though we do have demonstrated that in general the eras aren't that far apart in skill.

Tiin's not even primarily known as a duelist, he's famous as a *pilot*, yet by that quote we're supposed to put him above, say, Raskta Lsu who can match blades with Bane on good terms?

When feats contradict quite, though, feats win. There are many Jedi who, going by their demonstrated skills, would be able to put up more of a fight against Sidious than Agen and Tiin did.

Quite frankly, it's a rare CW master who doesn't get talked up.

I wouldn't say nobody's, especially Qui-gon, and Anoon's still impressive in giving Maul a fight, but they don't have the impressive resume of some of the people who were more active in the war.

As was pointed out by someone else, Sidious in that fight did demonstrate he could not only get past Maul's guard but was on an entirely different level.

So it still doesn't put him in the top tiers, though it does show him to have very solid skills.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Q99
Yoda, Mace, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Shaak-Ti, Kit Fisto, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Plo Koon, Dooku. Sharad Hett was considered 'legendary,' and so on.

And there's more of other eras. Satele Shan, Luke, Revan, and all the various massively famous Jedi out there, though the praise doesn't get thrown around to quite as many in the other eras, even though we do have demonstrated that in general the eras aren't that far apart in skill.

Tiin's not even primarily known as a duelist, he's famous as a *pilot*, yet by that quote we're supposed to put him above, say, Raskta Lsu who can match blades with Bane on good terms?

When feats contradict quite, though, feats win. There are many Jedi who, going by their demonstrated skills, would be able to put up more of a fight against Sidious than Agen and Tiin did.

Quite frankly, it's a rare CW master who doesn't get talked up.

I wouldn't say nobody's, especially Qui-gon, and Anoon's still impressive in giving Maul a fight, but they don't have the impressive resume of some of the people who were more active in the war.

As was pointed out by someone else, Sidious in that fight did demonstrate he could not only get past Maul's guard but was on an entirely different level.

So it still doesn't put him in the top tiers, though it does show him to have very solid skills. I can't imagine Maul NOT being in the same tier as Fisto and Ventress (perhaps slightly higher). So while I agree that Kenobi would prevail, he would only do so after a lengthly and very hard fought duel.

Galan007
Just how far would you go, handsome? love

teehehe Bend over and I'll show ya. naughty

Q99
I can't imagine Maul NOT being in the same tier as Fisto and Ventress (perhaps slightly higher). So while I agree that Kenobi would prevail, he would only do so after a lengthly and very hard fought duel.

Actually, that's pretty much exactly where I put him too smile

DARTH POWER
I wouldn't go that far.

I know. Just pointing out Bulq isn't a nobody.

I can't imagine Maul NOT being in the same tier as Fisto and Ventress (perhaps slightly higher). So while I agree that Kenobi would prevail, he would only do so after a lengthly and very hard fought duel.

Yep thats pretty much my thoughts on the matter. thumb up

Originally posted by Q99
Actually, that's pretty much exactly where I put him too smile

Then theres no point in us debating this any further smile

Naga Sado
Originally posted by Galan007 'sYeah, because it, you know, took Kenobi forever to trounce Grievous in sabers. WELL LOGICAL ONE!!If windu was thrown off by grevous's skill and had no intrest in trying his luck then obi-won can't win in "SABRE dueling"!!!Not sabre and force dueling!

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Naga Sado
WELL LOGICAL ONE!!If windu was thrown off by grevous's skill and had no intrest in trying his luck then obi-won can't win in "SABRE dueling"!!!Not sabre and force dueling!

huh

Eminence
no expression

DARTH POWER
Trust me in the CW animation GG would be no match at all for Mace even just in Sabers.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Naga Sado
WELL LOGICAL ONE!!! This should be on a t-shirt accompanied by a stickman pointing vigorously at another, very smug, stickman.

Naga Sado
Trust me in the CW animation GG would be no match at all for Mace even just in Sabers. its not read your books...

Naga Sado
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
This should be on a t-shirt accompanied by a stickman pointing vigorously at another, very smug, stickman. thats acualy a good idea!I will have to make one.

Stefanos
I see ROTS Obi-Wan winning this fight. He's considerably more powerful and experienced than he was in TPM. Even if he doesn't outright overpower Maul, he should be able to outsmart him with some strategic advantage. Padawan Obi-Wan was able to catch Maul off-guard and beat him. I see no reason to believe that his stronger ROTS counterpart wouldn't be able to overpower or outmaneuver Maul.

Zack Fair
Obi-Wan should win without much trouble IMO. Say what you want about Obi-Wan's Force powers...he did stalemate Anakin in RoTS. That is really impressive in my book. He also has the whole Soresu going for him and a lot of experience fighting lightsaber wielding opponents. It won't be anything like the first time they fought.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.