Extremis Ironman vs Superboy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Conner

vs

Extremis Ironman

JakeTheBank
Tony.

Bentley
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Conner wtfpwns Tony.

JakeTheBank
Nah.

Harbinger
Would Tony have a viable counter to Conner's TK?

JakeTheBank
His shields, I'd imagine.

Massacre7
Connor would rip Tony in half. Tony might have had a small chance against Connor before being Geoffconned

JakeTheBank
Considering Tony's shields, the baseline durability of his armor, his array of offensive firepower and other tech, and how Tony fares against upper to elite tiers, I don't see Conner having an easy time beating him.

Bentley
Considering Tony's shields, the baseline durability of his armor, his array of offensive firepower and other tech, and how Tony fares against upper to elite tiers, I don't see Conner having an easy time beating him.

Yeah, Iron Man would last more against Doomsday than Conner did biscuits

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Bentley
Yeah, Iron Man would last more against Doomsday than Conner did biscuits

thumb up

In all seriousness, it's a tough fight for both of them, but Iron Man has what it takes to beat him, imo. The TTK is obviously the biggest threat to overcome.

Omega Vision
Higher end Conner (the one who held his own against Doomsday and Superboy Prime) would wreck Tony.

But if he makes use of his armor's versatility Tony could pull a few wins against average Conner.

Conner 7-8/10

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Moronslayer
You must be a moron then. Connor has one shotted characters like Etrigan before and you think pathetic Iron Man has a chance? Maybe against classic Connor but 2003 Connor would rip Stark in half

You mean the same Etrigan who has punched Superman to the moon and has also been humilated by Batman? IE, the same Etrigan with showings which range from abysmal to high end? Cool story, bro. Classic Iron Man one-shot the Hulk.

Not based on Iron Man's feats, which you don't seem to be aware of.

Bentley
I don't know how good Tony would fare with his Extremis armor, what was his best feats against opponents more powerful than himself? I know that Bleeding Edge Tony had a nice showing against Rulk, but not on Extremis.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Moronslayer
name the issue where he was humilated by batman. i want to see if you know your stuff or just find random out of context scans on the interwebz

Lol @ "random out of context scans on the interwebz" coming from you, assuming you're the same guy who:

-Thinks Magneto is "weak".

-Is busy hyping up Superman 1 Million with the whole "PUNCHES THROUGH TIME" argument.

-A very blatant and obvious troll.

If you really want to debate Conner versus Iron Man, by all means, give me some feats which suggest him clearly decimating Tony and I'll reply in kind. But if you just want to mess around and bash and troll, I have no time for you, really.

JakeTheBank
I don't know how good Tony would fare with his Extremis armor, what was his best feats against opponents more powerful than himself? I know that Bleeding Edge Tony had a nice showing against Rulk, but not on Extremis.

Sentry, for one. He displayed speed enough to catch Sentry unaware, and it was only due to Sentry's "two second in the future" schtick - which, admittedly, we didn't hear more of as they unveiled more Void aspects later on in his career - that Sentry was able to catch him.

We also saw Iron Man w/o Extremis manage to hang with and ultimate beat the Hulk in Mighty Avengers under Dan Slott, which is a huge accomplishment.

All in all, based on respective feats, I don't see Conner obliterating Tony unless you exclusively use high end Kon feats while simultaneously using only average or low-end Iron Man feats.

StiltmanFTW
Sentry, for one. He displayed speed enough to catch Sentry unaware, and it was only due to Sentry's "two second in the future" schtick - which, admittedly, we didn't hear more of as they unveiled more Void aspects later on in his career - that Sentry was able to catch him.

We also saw Iron Man w/o Extremis manage to hang with and ultimate beat the Hulk in Mighty Avengers under Dan Slott, which is a huge accomplishment.

He was simply faster than Stark. That's what he meant by saying he'll always be two steps ahead of him.

But yeah, it was a good showing for Tony, agreed.

Stark beat Hulk in Slott's Avengers? Really? How come I haven't heard of that sad That's what I get for ignoring that title since Bendis left...

Bentley

All in all, based on respective feats, I don't see Conner obliterating Tony unless you exclusively use high end Kon feats while simultaneously using only average or low-end Iron Man feats.

Well, many armors that Tony had were good against Hulk all things considered. His fight with Sentry was good, but they weren't going at it like Conner against his high-end enemies. IMO this armor wouldn't give enough advantage considering Conner's speed and mad durability.

Unless he can somehow depower or exploit some weaknesses -sonics or stuff like that-.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He was simply faster than Stark. That's what he meant by saying he'll always be two steps ahead of him.

But yeah, it was a good showing for Tony, agreed.

Stark beat Hulk in Slott's Avengers? Really? How come I haven't heard of that sad That's what I get for ignoring that title since Bendis left...

I thought it was a reference to Sentry's hypermetabolic/conscious/whatever power; I remember early Sentry mentioned that his consciousness remained two seconds ahead of everyone else, but it seems the ability was no longer mentioned under Bendis.

Yeah, he did. He detonated a fuel canister with enough fuel to get to Mars and back in Hulk's face and managed to shield himself from said blast, which reverted Hulk into Banner. Granted, it had some plot device in the form of said canister, but it shows that his non-Extremis armor can handle a prolonged battle with Savage Hulk as well as offer impressive shielding.

JakeTheBank
Well, many armors that Tony had were good against Hulk all things considered. His fight with Sentry was good, but they weren't going at it like Conner against his high-end enemies. IMO this armor wouldn't give enough advantage considering Conner's speed and mad durability.

Unless he can somehow depower or exploit some weaknesses -sonics or stuff like that-.

I think we'll have to disagree on that, then. Tony's packed firepower to stagger beings such as Loki, Surfer, Hulk, and Thor in inferior models, all of whom I'd wager having durability or defensive measures superior to that of Conner. Coupled with sonics, his own form of "spider-sense", technopathy, and ability to amp power levels, I think Tony has the tools to take this in a slight majority.

Parmaniac
Connor not a stomp though.

dmills
Damn Jake I wish you'd have been around for the Iron Man vs np debate. It have been nice to have someone repping Tony well.

My first thought on this fight was that Conner wins handily. But after reading some of Jake's posts I'll have to take a fresh look at Tony.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by dmills
Damn Jake I wish you'd have been around for the Iron Man vs np debate. It have been nice to have someone repping Tony well.

My first thought on this fight was that Conner wins handily. But after reading some of Jake's posts I'll have to take a fresh look at Tony.

NP?

Yeah, I mean, I don't want people to miscontrue me; it's a tough fight for Tony and Kon's TTK is a b1tch, but really, based on what Iron Man has done with inferior armors against legitimate top tiers, you really can't count him out so quickly.

dmills
NP?

Yeah, I mean, I don't want people to miscontrue me; it's a tough fight for Tony and Kon's TTK is a b1tch, but really, based on what Iron Man has done with inferior armors against legitimate top tiers, you really can't count him out so quickly.

Rich Rider.

So I've learned smile

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by dmills
Rich Rider.

So I've learned smile

Oh, okay, gotcha.

Honestly, I think someone with Rich's power should be pretty damn beastly all things considered. Kinda an example of the mid-herald with the high herald power set. I think he gets a clear majority over Iron Man, but based on the armor, Tony could make those wins difficult.

Prep-Man
I think Tony wins this, but on average armor Tony loses to SB.

Mindset
Originally posted by Prep-Man
I think Tony wins this, but on average armor Tony loses to SB.

dmills
Oh, okay, gotcha.

Honestly, I think someone with Rich's power should be pretty damn beastly all things considered. Kinda an example of the mid-herald with the high herald power set. I think he gets a clear majority over Iron Man, but based on the armor, Tony could make those wins difficult.

The bottleneck was that Tony (and I kinda happen to agree with this) has superior showings vs top tiers, similar to what's being argued here.

Bentley
I think we'll have to disagree on that, then. Tony's packed firepower to stagger beings such as Loki, Surfer, Hulk, and Thor in inferior models, all of whom I'd wager having durability or defensive measures superior to that of Conner. Coupled with sonics, his own form of "spider-sense", technopathy, and ability to amp power levels, I think Tony has the tools to take this in a slight majority.

Conner would stagger all those people as easily -and some may not have more durability than he has-. I mean, sure, Iron Man can hurt him; but it's still not something easily done using IM's tech. Keep in mind that most of Tony's improvements were slight boosts and Conner retains his higher status, spider-sense is good against slowpokes like Crimson Dynamo, but Conner's speed outclasses even Tony's and technopathy isn't going to matter either.

IM's power increase is going to be marginal where it matters, unless you can prove his energy output was vastly increased.

JakeTheBank
Conner would stagger all those people as easily -and some may not have more durability than he has-. I mean, sure, Iron Man can hurt him; but it's still not something easily done using IM's tech. Keep in mind that most of Tony's improvements were slight boosts and Conner retains his higher status, spider-sense is good against slowpokes like Crimson Dynamo, but Conner's speed outclasses even Tony's and technopathy isn't going to matter either.

IM's power increase is going to be marginal where it matters, unless you can prove his energy output was vastly increased.

Iron Man's technopathy gives him access to virtually every satellite, computer network, and energy source in the world. I'd say it's something that bears consideration. He can swarm Kon with summoned armors from his Armory. And his offensive options are so incredibly varied, it's mind boggling. To say nothing of his durabilty both with and w/o shields.

I mean, prior to Extremis, I'd say Tony's firepower as a whole is enough to damage Kon and best him provided he keeps it on, so I guess we'll have to disagree there.

Bentley
Iron Man's technopathy gives him access to virtually every satellite, computer network, and energy source in the world. I'd say it's something that bears consideration. He can swarm Kon with summoned armors from his Armory. And his offensive options are so incredibly varied, it's mind boggling. To say nothing of his durabilty both with and w/o shields.

I mean, prior to Extremis, I'd say Tony's firepower as a whole is enough to damage Kon and best him provided he keeps it on, so I guess we'll have to disagree there.

I feel that you're just assuming that Tony has increased his power enough to beat Conner -who beats him in status- in a reliable fashion, when we have not much prove of how much Tony's upgrade will work in his favor in a similar matchup. We can't speculate that his upgrade would get him wins all over the place.

Regarding technopathy, I'm unsure if he can actually use it in this matchup, but it would certainly give him a fighting chance if it did.

leonidas
tony can def get some wins here.

Bentley
Originally posted by leonidas
tony can def get some wins here.

In a reliable fashion?

-Pr-

This isn't the Marvel Universe, though, unless I missed a post specifying so.

carver9
If Tony can almost take Surfer out of a fight, he should be able to ko Superboy. This isn't a walk in the park for either of them. Tony has the tools to finish Conner... same with Conner. Conner showing against Doomsday was amazing though just like Tony showing against WWh was amazing.

Philosophía
Connor stomps him.

Galan007
Conner gets an energy sword up his ass.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Galan007
Conner gets an energy sword up his ass. Does that turn you on bro haw-som

Galan007
yep

BlackZero30x
unless tony knows what he's up against here or has his shields up Conner could simply disassemble the armor via Touch TK.

If tony knows what hes up against here i believe Iron Man takes it by slight

If Tony knows nothing about Conner before hand then Conner will take the majority but still has to put up a decent fight

OneDumbG0
Has Conner started using tactile telekinesis more often since Superman chastized him during Blackest Night?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.