STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Life Debt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

REXXXX

REXXXX
Coruscant

... when she was young and standing in the very same terminal, waiting for a transport bound for Kashyyyk. She has never been to the Wookiee World, though she has heard tales of the planet's immense planet-wide forests- a stark change from the Core Worlds that she is so familiar with. And she has always been impressed with Wookiees. Being of short stature, the walking carpets are HUGE in comparison.

She is hoping she can learn something from their people. Being a wandering Knight, she is always searching for 1) interesting ideologies and ways of living that she can adopt from aliens across the Galaxy and 2) ways to become a better fighter, so that she can enforce justice when she needs to! Wookiees are renowned hand-to-hand combatants, though there are also impressive swordsmen among them with their unorthodox ryyk blades.

The transport leaves shortly.

-

Two things are required of you:

This being set long before the days of Master Vera-Kin helping the Jedi hunt down Kara Katai and fighting the Techno Union conspiracy, the young Vera-Kin was a much different Knight.

1. Put together a Ronin template for young Vera-Kin.

2. What is Vera-Kin bringing with her to Wookiee World?

Vera21
Oh my! I'll get working on that. Why Ronin though?

Vera-Kin is going to bring her light pistol- something she is very talented with (I'll be taking the Gunslinger variant of the Ronin if that's what I have to do), and her lightsabers (both of them). She carries little else on her person, being young and impulsive and always on the move. She travels light.

REXXXX
Ronin is the best fit the spread of skills that Vera-Kin has accumulated in her old age.

Traveling light indeed! In that case, she is able to simply board. Security for the ship asks that you stow your lightsabers and pistol in a weapons locker on-board, for the safety of crew and passengers alike.

Vera21
Young Vera-Kin

STATS

Strength: 3
Agility: 5
Dexterity: 4
Defence: 1

Willpower: 4
Intelligence: 3
Charisma: 5
Perception: 4

Force Rating: 7
Force Attack: 7
Force Defence: 1

SKILLS

Lightsabre: 9
Combat: 2
Guns: 4
Intrusion: 3
Savoir-Faire: 2
Languages: 2
Survival: 2
Intimidate: 1
Leadership: 1
Medicine: 2
Fix-it: 1
Jedi Lore: 1
Observation: 1
Persuade: 1

FORCE POWERS

Push/Pull (Mastered)
Lifting

Swiftness (Mastered)
Coordination

Sense (Mastered)
Presence (Mastered)

Intuition

BLADE SCHTICKS
Orthodox Guard
Balanced Guard
Cleave
Block

GUN SCHTICKS
Carnival of Carnage
Marksman
Eye of the Storm

COMBAT SCHTICKS
Martial Arts
Dodge & Weave
Street Fighter

Vera21
Vera-Kin voluntarily gives up her weapons as requested, seeing no reason to have them with her during the flight and comfortable knowing that she is more than capable unarmed.

REXXXX
You do so and shortly, you are underway to Kashyyyk!

There is little to do aboard a transport like this one. Being a bulk transport, you are afforded a small chamber in which to sleep. Meals are served in a mess hall and the transport is, as you noticed as you were boarding, not exactly brimming with passengers.

The captain is a sleepy old spacer, using droids to staff his ship. There is a blaring, annoying klaxon call to signal meal time in the mess.

Vera21
Actually, make my Mental stats like this:

Int 5, Ch 4, Per 3

Vera-Kin comes out of a meditative trance when the klaxon blares. She is reluctant to come out of her room and go into the ship, not really wanting much to do with anyone while on her trip. Then again, meeting new people leads to new paths to take. She convinces herself to get out of the small bed.

Vera-Kin has not yet learned the importance of seeing the future, so she does little in her meditation. Just keeps herself relaxed and rested.

When she leaves the room, she instinctually makes sure her lightsabers are there, but then remembers that she surrendered them. This makes her irritable as she makes for the mess hall.

REXXXX
Noted.

The mess hall is a long dank metal room with a single long table stretching down the center of it for everyone to eat at. The droid cook is producing food at a counter, cafeteria-style.

There are a few people coming to see what's to eat.

Vera21
Vera-Kin will grab herself a small dish of whatever is on the menu tonight, and then seat herself in the center of the mess hall table. She'll quietly observe the other passengers to see if there is anyone of interest aboard.

REXXXX
You have quite an assortment of beings among the passengers that enter, even for so small a group.

Rather notably, there is a dark-furred Wookiee, towering above everyone else! He has a warrior's look to him but something about his appearance bothers you.

A pair of Trandoshans in travel gear are keeping to themselves and sitting on the far end of the table. Hmm, strange...

A human merchant of some sort enters lugging a huge suitcase, with a big loader droid assisting him with a second. He and the droid as handcuffed to the cases.

One older gentlemen in classy evening wear and sporting an impressive mustache sits rather closer to you.

The rest are all grouping together at another part of the table, about ten total. They look like hippies.

Vera21
Vera-Kin will wait to see if any of them approach her. She is curious about all of them, particularly the Wookiee.

REXXXX
Most of them are keeping to themselves.

Except the older gentlemen, who decides to strike up conversation.

"Aren't you rather young to be traveling alone, child?" he asks, polishing his monacle.

Vera21
Vera-Kin is a little offended by this.

"I am no child," she states, poking at her food with her utensil.

She Scans the man.

REXXXX
He has a very firm mind. You can only tell that he is curious about you.

"Ah, I thought not," the man says. "My apologies, I did not mean to offend. You can understand the mistake, I trust."

Vera21
"I can," Vera-Kin says. "To whom do I own the honor of being mistaken for a child?" She smiles as she lowers her hood, revealing her short brown hair that she has pulled back into a ponytail.

REXXXX
"Kor Valter Benebel," says the older gentlemen.

You recognize 'Kor' as being a title. Not the origin though.

Vera21
"Why are you going to Kashyyyk?" Vera-Kin asks, filing away the recognition of the title for later.

REXXXX
"Tourism," Valter says. "I have never been, and I should like to see it. Wookiees fascinate me."

Vera21
"I feel the same," Vera-Kin says. "They are mistaken for simple beasts, and yet they have such fascinating and advanced culture."

REXXXX
"Ah, but their advancements have largely come from contact with civilizations from other star systems," says Valter, "NOT from their own creativity."

Vera21
Vera-Kin frowns at that.

"It sounds like you don't think highly of them..."

REXXXX
"Quite the contrary!" Valter says. "I do not mean to offend. It is true of many cultures that advancement was learned from extraterrestial visitors, rather than through their own evolution. Were Wookiees completely incapable of learning, they would not have developed the things they have from what they were exposed to, would they?"

Vera21
"Hmm, I suppose that is true," Vera-Kin says. "Harsh to say that they did would not have eventually reached the level of advancement they have, without outside influence."

REXXXX
"They may have eventually," he says, "but some species have more of a knack for space travel and blasters than others."

Vera21
"Hmm," Vera-Kin mutters. "I still don't quite like that line of thinking. It could very easily tip itself over into racism."

What are the others in the room doing?

REXXXX
The Trandoshans are talking in hushed voices among themselves.

The Merchant is quietly eating a sparse meal.

The Weird Wookiee is amiably engaging the Space Hippies and talking. You are not sure if they understand him or not. Some look pleased, others nonplussed.

Vera21
Vera will ask if the man knows any of the other passengers.

REXXXX
Valter smiles.

"Ah, I do," Valter says. "One sees much when traveling around the Galaxy. Or closely examining the ship's roster. Are you certain you don't know any of them? The Brosh Brothers? The Luon Syndicate? Ryrik the Exiled? The Circle?"

Vera21
Can Vera-Kin make some Savoir-Faire rolls on what he just listed?

REXXXX
Yes!

The Brosh Brothers are the pair of Trandoshan mercenaries. Uncommon for Trandoshans, they tend to be very precise and clean in a fight.

The Luon Syndicate is a criminal organization from Luon. They specialize in subterfuge and bribery. The Merchant must be one of theirs; his suit-like attire is Luonese.

Ryrik the Exiled is a Wookiee bounty hunter and infamous warrior. You know little else about him.

You have never heard of the Circle, though you think it is fully called the Circle of Friendship...

Vera21
"I may know a few," Vera-Kin says. "Though not as fully as I should like. What do you know of them?"

REXXXX
"I know what I know," Valter says. "And I'm sure you are more than capable of discovering what you don't."

Vera21
Vera-Kin gives a "Hmph," realizing that Valter has given her some assistance but not all that he could have. She finds him odd.

She will approach the supposed members of the Circle of Friendship and strike up friendly conversation with them, to learn more about them.

Vera21
As she goes over, she'll try to get a better look at the Wookie since she thinks he looks strange.

REXXXX
Ryrik is actually conversing with the Circle of Friendship, so that is rather easy to do! You can pinpoint what is off about him as soon as you approach. He is a cyborg. There are various cybernetic implants all over his immense furry body.

The Circle members turn when you approach.

"Hello!" they greet, one at a time.

"How are you?" one asks.

"WHO are you?" another asks.

Vera21
"My name is Vera-Kin," Vera-Kin states. "I'm doing well, thank you. I wished to speak with some of the other passengers on the ship, get to know who I'm traveling with."

REXXXX
The Circle of Friendship is more than happy to greet you and explain themselves. They are an activist group with no specific goal, one says. They take up causes where they see the need and do everything they can to see problems resolved before moving on to the next one.

It is not just a political ordeal for them- the Circle of Friendship has been forged into a religion. The results of their campaigning for causes is karmic for them- success means promotion, failure means demotion.

"The better we do in this life," one explains, "the better our status in our next life and the better our position to handle problems."

Vera21
Vera-Kin will inquire what they want to do on Kashyyyk. She finds the concept interesting, almost like peaceful vigilantes that spring up and support things.

"Is there some cause you've decided to take up there?" Vera-Kin inquires. "Something the Wookiees need help with?"

REXXXX
Apparently the Wookiees are the problem! They were discussing this with Ryrik. Apparently the Wookiees are hunting an endangered species to extinction!

Vera21
Vera-Kin wasn't expecting to hear something like this. She thinks the Wookiees are normally very mindful of the balance of life on their planet, being big furry beings that live in tree cities.

"What is it exactly that they're hunting? And why?"

REXXXX
There is a certain breed of reptile that is starting to thrive on Kashyyyk that isn't native to the planet. Somehow, a small colony of Lanzar raptors were released into the wild. One of the Friends reasons that they planned an escape, which indicates sentience, another issue the Circle has with the Wookiees hunting them.

In any case, they are really thriving. Until the Wookiees started hunting them.

Ryrik growls, asking why they don't go to Lanzar and protest the same thing.

"The Hunting Guilds are disbanded," one of the Friends states. "They haven't been hunted on Lanzar in over a hundred years!"

"But they're being hunted now, on Kashyyyk," says another.

Vera21
"Why are the Wookiees hunting them, though?" Vera-Kin asks.

Does Vera-Kin know anything about these raptors?

(Because Scarlet the Pirate sure does!)

REXXXX
Apparently the Wookiees are upset about the Lanzar raptors killing the natural wildlife.

Vera-Kin knows that they are vicious killing machines and very difficult to kill themselves. Lanzar is a very harsh world.

Vera21
"So these creatures are upsetting the natural balance of Kashyyyk's ecosystem," Vera-Kin says. "If the Wookiees decide that they need to be removed... one of you said that you believe they are sentient? I could see the implications of that..."

REXXXX
Yes, they believe the raptors are sentient.

"It's genocide!" exclaims a Friend.

"Mass murder at the least," says another.

Ryrik retorts that he thinks they're overreacting.

Vera21
"Hmm," Vera-Kin says. "That sounds like a difficult situation to determine. I may be interested in looking into it."

She asks Ryrik why is he returning to Kashyyyk. She's heard he's an exile right?

REXXXX
Ryrik doesn't want to say.

The Circle wants to know why you would be interested! And if you'd be supporting them or not.

Vera21
"I will abstain from pledging my support to anyone just yet," Vera-Kin says, guarding her opinions. "Situations such as these benefit greatly from an objective observer, don't you think?"

Vera-Kin says that she is a simple adventurer.

REXXXX
The Circle would prefer that you were totally on-board with their action one hundred percent.

Vera21
Vera-Kin isn't willing to throw all in with them yet. They seem kind of fanatical. Not that she will tell them that.

She will ask if they have identified their opposition.

Bespin Bart
Wrong thread! That's silly of me...

REXXXX
Yes. Several Wookiee Chieftains have expressed that they intend to eliminate the 'Raptor problem.'

Vera21
Vera-Kin will ask what their plan to make a difference is. She hopes that they aren't planning something aggressive.

"Fighting violence with violence won't solve this," Vera-Kin says to them, as a precautionary.

REXXXX
The Circle isn't strictly pacifistic, but they aren't planning anything violent. They don't think the Wookiees would tolerate that.

Vera21
Vera-Kin will ask if they have any supporters on Kashyyyk already, among the Wookiee communities, or if they're going into this by themselves.

REXXXX
They are going to find out when they get there! They have been trying to gather support from others en route to Kashyyyk, but so far nobody has pledged to help them.

"Not even the Trandoshans!" one of the Friends says, loudly, gesturing at the pair here in the mess hall. "You'd think they'd want to help their brethren!"

They ignore him and greedily slurp up their dinners.

Vera21
"I mean no offense, but Trandoshans are hardly in a position to protest anything on Kashyyyk," Vera-Kin says. "Their relations are not great, as far as I'm aware."

Vera-Kin is curious why Trandoshans are going to Kashyyyk.

REXXXX
You'd have to ask them! They have kept to themselves this whole time.

"Their bonds of brotherhood should be stronger than any tension!" one of the Friends exclaims. The others echo this comment in agreement.

Ryrik just laughs at this and utters the Wookiee word for "Racist."

Vera21
"A sentient and well-established species such as the Trandoshans can hardly be expected to stand up for vicious killing machines that may or may not be intelligent, let alone located on the homeworld of a species that has unfortunate history with them."

REXXXX
The Friends give you a "Yeah, yeah, whatever," response. But Ryrik agrees with you and says the Trandoshans wouldn't be welcome under those circumstances.

The Trandoshans have finished their meals and are leaving.

Vera21
Vera-Kin makes a mental note to keep tabs on them once they get to Kashyyyk.

Vera will ask the Friends to excuse her and tells them she will keep in touch about the raptor issue. She returns back to Kor Valter and tells him about the raptor issue.

"What do you make of it?" she asks.

REXXXX
"I may be worth looking into while I'm on Kashyyyk," Valter says. "There is much to see on that world, and I don't want to be tied down by one thing."

Vera21
"There could be some merit to helping resolve that problem," Vera-Kin says. "I don't travel for the sights and sounds. I like to help where I can, when I can. This might be something I can help with. Though personally, unless the Circle is right about the raptors being intelligent, I think the Wookiees are in the right."

REXXXX
"That's awfully altruistic of you," Valter says. "But whether the Wookiees are right or not, it's their world. And Wookiees don't take kindly to being told that they're wrong."

Vera21
Btw I want to change CoC on Vera's sheet to 10,000 Bolts.

"We'll see if it comes to that," Vera-Kin says. "Let's hope they take it well if it does."

REXXXX
Done.

"I find it unlikely..." Valter says.

The ship's captain reports that the transport is approaching Kashyyyk and that everyone should return to their bunks to strap in for the final approach.

"I will see you again," Valter says, rising to leave.

The other passengers are returning as instructed.

Vera21
Vera-Kin will do that, then, since she is losing the option of talking to interesting people in the mess hall. She will meditate for the brief moment she has before the ship lands on Kashyyyk.

REXXXX
You don't have a terrible amount of time, but you manage a few moments of quiet meditation before the captain announces that the ship has entered Kashyyyk's atmosphere. The old transport shudders a bit as it passes through.

Shortly after, the transport is settling down on a landing pad built into the trunk of an ancient Wroshyr tree! These trees are simply massive in scale, large enough to host entire Wookiee villages. This petrified trunk is part of a grove, with bridges connecting the villages.

Unlike the coastal area seen in Revenge of the Sith, this area of Kashyyyk is a deeply forested region.

Vera21
Vera-Kin will grab her pack and head out to collect her weapons before she departs onto the surface. She will see where the other passengers are going.

REXXXX
Everyone disperses from the ship at roughly the same time you do! Though it appears the only people securing weapons from the ship's hold are the Brosh Brothers. They slink away from the platform shortly after.

Kor Valter has rented a loader droid to carry his luggage from the ship to his accomodations. He waves for you to come over.

Vera21
Vera-Kin will wander over, her miniature holdout pistol strapped to her hip and her lightsabers tucked away under her cloak.

"We have arrived," Vera-Kin says. "What will you do now that you're here?"

REXXXX
"I will go to my hotel and get some rest before I begin my sight-seeing," Valter says. "And yourself?"

Vera21
"I don't have any lodgings yet," Vera-Kin says. "So I'll have to find one before I do any resting."

REXXXX
"Nonsense!" Valter says. "I can find you a room at my hotel. I insist."

Vera21
"I can hardly afford a room," Vera-Kin says. "My funds are meager."

REXXXX
"I'll see if I can work out something for you, then," says Valter. "Here is my contact frequency, should you decide to take me up on the offer. Feel free to keep in touch with me while you're on Kashyyyk. I'd be very interested to hear about your doings."

He hands you a thin card made of durable glass, with a holographic image imprinted. It is his business card.

Vera21
Vera-Kin will examine the business card before tucking it into her robes.

"I appreciate the offer, whether I accept it or not," Vera-Kin says. "You will certainly hear from me, either way."

REXXXX
It reads:

Valter Benebel, Kor of Valtraxa

It leaves his contact frequency and the location of his estate on Valtraxa.

"I look forward to it," the Kor says. "Enjoy your time here."

Vera21
"I will, thank you," Vera-Kin says.

Does she know of Valtraxa?

REXXXX
Valtraxa is a Core World and represented in the Senate. As with many Core Worlds, it maintains a sense of civilized high society and nobility. "Kor" is a title equivalent with nobleman, and merely indicates that Valter Benebel is very well off.

Vera21
Vera-Kin finds that interesting that a noble should be abroad, but thinks maybe he has lots of money and can afford to just go wherever he wants. Then again, he traveled pretty cheap. Whatever. Vera-Kin is glad to have made a friend in high places.

Vera-Kin is going to go find some sort of information booth or directory, so she can find her way around her surroundings.

She is also going to look down into the forest out of curiosity.

REXXXX
The Wookiees are a bit lacking in customer service. You can't seem to find an information booth or anything like that. Certainly lots of Wookiees milling about town, or your other passengers.

Vera21
She will stop a Wookiee and ask for directions about the place or if there is anything interesting going on.

REXXXX
Language check says... Vera-Kin has a decent understanding of the Wookiee tongue. It is mostly primal noises, and you have to derive meaning from volume and tone and duration of sound.

A Wookiee you approach asks what you mean by interesting.

Vera21
Vera-Kin largely means the debates over what to do with the raptors, but she is looking for any other social or political events as well.

REXXXX
The Wookiee is vaguely annoyed and asks why an outsider is interested in local affairs. He's already seen enough of that today.

Vera21
Vera-Kin will ask what he means, and then explain that she's a traveler who likes to observe.

REXXXX
The Wookiee says that many outsiders have been coming to Kashyyyk concerning the raptors.

Vera21
"Like who?" Vera-Kin asks, curious about who else could be showing interest.

REXXXX
The Wookiee describes what can only be a bunch of space hippies... the Circle is turning up en masse to protest this thing! Additionally, he describes some well-dressed, wealthy individuals from the Core Worlds... probably a Senate delegation. Interesting indeed! It's quickly becoming big news.

Odd that you would be coming to Kashyyyk at a time like this. Perhaps it is the will of the Force... you will have to meditate on this later.

The Wookiee directs you to where things are taking place around here- in the Tree of Fathers, where the town leaders hold council and meet with outsiders and citizens alike.

Vera21
Vera-Kin will go there post-haste! It sounds like this is indeed a really big deal to the Galaxy, and she definitely wants to be at the center of the drama when it erupts. She thinks she might be able to help the situation, once she develops a sense of what should be done. Right now, she thinks the raptors are just threatening and problematic for Kashyyyk.

She also thinks that the Circle is not going to be of any help here...

REXXXX
The Tree of Fathers is perhaps the largest and oldest tree in this grove, Vera-Kin. It is large enough so that its branches support many other Wookiee-built structures that serve as the bureaucratic offices of the local government, though you can't imagine the Wookiees having a terribly complicated political set-up. The meeting hall itself is in the base of the tree and can house every Wookiee in the village, as well as any others that need to be crammed in.

Sure enough, the Circle of Friendship is gathering outside and starting a chant! You see the ten that you met earlier elbowing their way to the front and carrying signs with slogans and images of crudely-drawn raptors.

"Save the raptors! Save the raptors! Save the raptors!" the crowd chants over and over and over.

Vera21
Can Vera-Kin slip past the crowd without too much trouble?

REXXXX
It appears that the Circle is preventing anyone from going into or leaving the Tree of Fathers. Anyone that comes near is immediately targeted with chants and the Circle members all link arms and stand in the way.

Vera21
Hmm. Could Vera-Kin try to sneak her way through?

REXXXX
It would be a Strength+Intrusion roll.

Vera21
(Btw replace Lifting with Leaping for Young Vera please... big oversight there)

Vera-Kin will give it a go! She's plenty sneaky enough to make up for her lack of strength.

REXXXX
It is hard going, but you manage to kind of wedge yourself through the crowd. Being small helps you here, as does you ability to kind of ward people away from you with the Force. No-one gives you much mind as you make it through to the other side.

The entrance to the Tree of Fathers is lined with Wookiee warriors securing it, to ensure that the protesters do not cause any problems inside the chamber or pose any danger to those sitting in. They mainly carry those big ol' bowcasters, while some have curvy swords and shields.

Vera21
Vera-Kin will approach and see if they allow her to pass.

REXXXX
The Wookiees don't seem too keen on letting you waltz in. They stop you and growl out an inquiry as to why you are coming in.

Vera21
"I have come to observe the congregation regarding what is to be done about the raptors," Vera-Kin says. "I am unaffiliated with any party, and simply wish to watch the process. May I enter?"

REXXXX
The Wookiees discuss it among themselves... and they want to know why you really want to go in. Everyone in attendance presently has some sort of reason for being there. They think it's weird that you just want to go in.

Vera21
"I want to help mediate the discussion," Vera-Kin says. "I like to help with this kind of thing. I'm unbiased and want to assist and make sure the right result happens."

REXXXX
The Wookiees do not seem terribly convinced but they are okay as long as you are not associated with the Circle that is mobbing outside the Tree. If they find out you are, they will have you expelled from the planet entirely.

Inside the Tree of Fathers is a grand meeting room, done in a similar format to the Senate- with wooden benches in rows encircling the inside of the tree, descending down toward a focal point. Wookiees are interspersed throughout the crowd, and the benches are mostly full.

A Wookiee stands on the center floor, consulting with another. He wears a bandoleer and some sort of headdress.

Vera21
Vera-Kin will try to find a vacant seat further in the back, so that she can watch undisturbed.

REXXXX
Easily done, despite the seating being on the verge of overcrowding. Most of the audience is crowding toward the front.

The Wookiee guiding the convention calls for quiet in the chamber, by roaring loudly to get everyone's attention. The Senatorial committee joining the meeting deploys a small protocol probe that hovers about and projects the translation throughout the Tree of Fathers.

"I call for silence!" roars the head Wookiee. "This convention will commence!"

The audience begins to settle, and the Wookiee guards close the main doors to shut out the noise of the protests outside. It is not very effective and you can still hear the Circle chanting erratically.

"Is there any way to quiet them?" asks the head Wookiee.

"I'm afraid not," answers his aide.

"We will proceed then," the head Wookiee growls.

Vera21
Vera-Kin casts an irritated glance toward the doors, wishing that the Circle would quiet down at least for the meeting. But then she thinks that, if the knew the meeting had started, they'd probably only get louder.

She watches to see how things go and tries to observe the Senatorial group.

REXXXX
Vera-Kin has not spent much time on Coruscant, so she does not recognize anyone of note among the Senatorial group. It's an assortment of well-dressed aliens and humans.

"You have all gathered here to discuss the matter of the Lanzar raptors," growls the Wookiee spokesman. "Each side of the matter will be given a chance to speak their piece. For now, the Wookiees stand by the idea that these raptors are a threat to our ecosystem, and our pepole."

There are murmurs of agreement and disagreement in the audience.

"It will come to a vote after," the Wookiee continues.

Vera21
Vera-Kin keeps watching, keeping an eye out for those that seem to disagree. She will reach out into the room with her senses, quietly taking in the feeling.

REXXXX
So begins the discussion concerning the raptors! Rather than go through the debate sentence-by-sentence, I will set up for you what the factions in the debate appear to be. Each faction has a proposed action, or lack-thereof.

-

Option 1. Kill the Raptors

The Raptors of Lanzar are vicious killing machines, whether they're unintelligent beasts or sentient creatures. They are not from Kashyyyk, and evolved on a world where the jungles are murderous. They will upset the ecosystem of Kashyyyk's comparably gentler forests if left to their own devices (and have already killed quite a few Wookiees and others when they escaped their containment).

Hunting squads should be put together- composed of Wookiee warriors and any other volunteers- to obliterate the raptors and solve the problem.

-

Option 2. Capture the Raptors

The potential damage to the ecosystem cannot be denied; something still needs to be done to remove the Raptors from the forests. Their capture and containment would be optimal, although highly dangerous! Again, a team of hunters would need to be assembled.

After that, it can be discussed what to do with the Raptors from there- either send them back to Lanzar or try to communicate with them.

-

Option 3. Do Nothing

Let nature take its course! The Lanzar Raptors are horribly dangerous creatures, but there are other dangerous things living down in the dark depths of the forest that have been there longer than the Raptors. And the Wookiees are pretty dangerous themselves! Kashyyyk will adapt to the problem.

-

There are also murmurings of Option 4 Communicate with the Raptors, that are not taken seriously by the majority.

Vera21
Which appears to have the most support currently?

REXXXX
Option 1 has garnered the greatest support from the present parties.

Vera21
Who is in support of what? Vera-Kin wants to get an idea of who is rooting for what so that she can develop an understanding of the political field here. She can't do much if she doesn't understand anything going on.

REXXXX
Option 1 is favored by most of the Wookiees, as well as the Senatorial Committee and some local planetary representatives that interact with the Wookiees.

Option 2 is favored by some of the Wookiees, and some of the Senatorial Committee.

Option 3 is favored by the Trandoshans and some of the Wookiees.

Vera21
The Wookiees look really undecided...

REXXXX
That is indeed the case.

Vera21
Splitting their decision is a good way for the ultimate choice to be steered by another group. The Senate group is a little undecided too but the Trandoshans are unified. Which can't be good for Kashyyyk.

So maybe Vera could try talking to the Wookiees? After the meeting preferrably. She's not about to stand up and declare that she's here.

REXXXX
How do you plan on arranging a meeting? And why would they listen to you?

Vera21
Vera-Kin could try speaking with an adviser or something once this meeting is adjourned. I am sure they won't close the issue now. She could pretend to be a representative from her own world or something. Wherever that is.

REXXXX
Sounds like you need to concoct a story for getting a private meeting with the Wookiee leaders, then. You need to give a reason that they should talk to you instead of the dozens of others trying to get their opinions heard and a favorable choice made.

The meeting continues, now that the options of 'Kill, Capture, or Ignore' have been established. Now each faction is going to pitch their reasons. The Wookiees abstain from offering their stance, being the hosts and the ultimate decision-makers.

Vera21
So who is going to speak then? Vera-Kin will watch and see what the next party has to say.

REXXXX
Then the Trandoshan representative takes the floor. Unlike most of the Trandoshans in his party, he is not wearing mercenary-esque garb. Instead, he wears simple robes.

Any and all Wookiees in the gathering hall immediately start to growl when he stands.

"May I have the floor?" the Trandoshan rep asks.

The Wookiee leader only gives a nod of acknowledgement. He says nothing.

"My thankssss to the Wookieesss," says the Trandoshan representative. "Senator Yarua doesss thisss sssyssstem proud."

The Wookiee leader snarls quietly then resumes silence.

"I am Reshtar of Dosha," continues the Trandoshan. "We have already essstablished that Dosha believesss the Raptorsss should go free. Long hasss our rivalry with the Wookieesss gone on, and we know how dangerousss they are. Thisss should be as nothing to the Wookieesss, based how the threatsss they already face from the jungles below. Larger beastsss stalk Kashyyyk than thesssssse."

There are nods here and there among the delegations.

Vera21
Vera-Kin will try to Scan Reshtar, though it is probably hard in a hall this packed with people. She is curious as to his motives, though it is pretty obvious what the Trandoshans hope to gain from this.

Does she know anything about him?

REXXXX
Indeed, you are not going to be able to get an accurate read on Reshtar.

You know nothing about him other than what has already been presented.

Vera21
She just continues to listen then.

REXXXX
"My proposssal is to let the raptorsss of Lanzar run free in the junglesss of Kashyyyk," Reshtar states. "In time the ecosyssstem of this world will adapt, as it hassss before. The Wookieessss need not do anything at all, nor the Senate, nor the Osokansss, nor anyone at all.

"Thossse who brought the raptors have been punished already. Leave it there."

The meeting hall is full of murmuring after Reshtar's brief monologue. The Wookiees look displeased.

Vera21
Are members of the audience allowed to contribute?

REXXXX
If they so choose. No-one else has spoken up.

Vera21
Vera-Kin is unsure if she should speak up or not. She feels that she should be she is not sure how to phrase her thoughts as not to offend any of the attending parties.

She is also most curious about how those shipping the raptors were dealt with, and how the raptors got out.

(By the way, are the Osokans present?)

REXXXX
Not that you can see.

That decision is yours entirely.

Vera21
Vera-Kin will not speak up. She is only a Knight now but she is a wise one; she wants to investigate everything in quiet, and act when the time is right. She is more curious about how the raptors were let out right now than any political policies being thrown about regarding their demise or capture or whatever.

She stays seated and quiet.

REXXXX
Then the meeting will continue. Reshtar is the only person to make a speech to this committee. The Wookiees loudly proclaim their distaste for the Trandoshan standpoint but say little else.

You are trying to catch some of the murmuring about the chamber when a familiar presence sidles up nearby.

"I thought I might find you here," says Kor Valter, seating himself beside you. "Come to watch the show?"

Vera21
Vera-Kin is not surprised to see Kor Valter there, she supposed this was part of his reason for coming even if he didn't say so.

"I want to see where things go," Vera-Kin says simply. "I'm not sure what to make of all this. The Trandoshan stance is too obvious."

REXXXX
"Obvious in a suspicious manner?" Kor Valter asks. "Or simply stereotypical?"

Vera21
"Equal parts of both," Vera-Kin says. "They are staunchly against anything being done with the raptors."

REXXXX
"What reasons have they given?"

Vera21
"That the raptors are semi-sentient reptiles and should be protected, that the Wookiees can adapt, that they're not as dangerous as they seem," Vera-Kin says. "All thin reasons to me. The raptors are clearly dangerous or they wouldn't have called this. And their sentience is debatable."

REXXXX
"They were smart enough to escape their confinement," Kor Valter points out. "Unless you think that their escape was deliberate..."

Vera21
"That would need closer examination," Vera-Kin says. "Not an accusation I'm ready to make. I still don't know anything about who brought the raptors and how."

REXXXX
"Do you intend to find out?"

Vera21
"What concern is that of yours?" Vera-Kin asks, in a friendly manner. "But yes, I suppose so. I can't very well cast my opinion if I'm not informed."

REXXXX
"Call it idle curiosity on my part," Kor Valter says. "My very reason for being here. Why concern yourself at all, though? I find it highly unlikely that the Wookiees and the Trandoshans will care much what a traveler thinks of their situation."

Vera21
"The information I find might be more compelling than who I am," Vera-Kin says. "If there is anything to find, of course."

REXXXX
"If there is anything to find," Kor Valter echoes. "So what is your plan, then?"

Vera21
Vera-Kin will have to plan, it looks like!

Is the meeting going on much longer? Vera-Kin wants to find out if there is some sort of social event going on afterward where she might be able to hob-nob with some of these political types and glean info about how the raptors got here and where that ship is.

REXXXX
You are not certain. You may have to ask around.

Vera21
Does Valter know? If not she will ask the nearest person in attendance, preferably some sort of diplomat or person of import.

REXXXX
Valter does not.

The assistant you speak with does, though. He is here working for some diplomatic merchant from Randon. He tells you that a social is being held for further discussion, reluctantly hosted by the Wookiees.

"It was my employer's idea," says the assistant. "Opportunities can arise from situations like these, if you can get everyone into one place to talk casually."

Vera21
"Is it exclusive attendance?" Vera-Kin asks. "I was interested in attending so I could talk to some of the representatives."

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>