Johnny Cage vs. Fei Long

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii79/embarq_bph/Mortal%20Kombat/MK9JohnnyCageSS.jpgVs.http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk353/kratos-niko/FeiLong.jpg

Johnny and Fei go to Hollywood to get roles in the latest action movie but by the time they got there, there was only one left, the lead role. Now both of them have to fight eachother to get it.

Which movie star/martial artist will come out on top and claim the role?

Insomnia1234
This is only the 5132 th SF vs MK thread in this forms...

Kazenji
Piss off bot

as for this fight i'm going for Fei Long.

SamZED
Fei Long was my favorite SF charcter when I was a kid. Unfortunately he's also Capcom's least favorite character apparently, cant rememeber a single scene in anime where he wasnt getting his ass kicked.

Zack Fair
For the record he has given both Ryu and Ken a run for their money in the movie and the series.

Gameplay wise he has received a lot of love from Capcom in SF4's updates.

However following canon I don't remember what Fei Long has ever accomplished so I give it to Mr. Cage. He survived a lot of shit in MK9, and given how almost no one made it that is impressive.

Tha C-Master
Yea Fei long doesn't have many "feats", but if he can give Ryu a decent run that would logically give him the win. But like you said he doesn't have any feats. They're both cool. Cage is my favorite MK character though.

Meioh_Hades
Fei Long had good fight against Ryu and Ken in noncanon movies.

While Cage has proved to be quite an high tier in the MK universe.

If Fei Long could give Ryu a run for is money even in canon, he's the winner, but looking at canon facts Cage gets this fight.

Allankles
Originally posted by Zack Fair
For the record he has given both Ryu and Ken a run for their money in the movie and the series.

Gameplay wise he has received a lot of love from Capcom in SF4's updates.

However following canon I don't remember what Fei Long has ever accomplished so I give it to Mr. Cage. He survived a lot of shit in MK9, and given how almost no one made it that is impressive.

Cage is pretty tough, got beat on a lot in MK 9.

quanchi112
Cage wins.

SamZED
One thing I hate about MK characters, there are not tiers.. any character can beat any other character. Someone like Liu, Shang, Lao should be one of the toughest with guys like Raiden and Khan being top tiers. But storywise someone like say Sonya might beat the crap outta Tsung and Goro at the same time.. why did they have to cancel "conquest"...sad

Meioh_Hades
100% agree with you, SamZED.

MK 2011: In Smoke's chapter, he was able to beat Sektor without trouble... so why in Nightwolf's chapter Smoke couldn't lay a finger on the Cyber Ninja?

Even during MK vs DC there were strange power creep power seep (for example... Scorpion was able to defeat Superman, but was defeated by Lex Luthor) due to the universe merging, but MK 2011 has nothing to justify that.

Ridley_Prime
But Superman was stated to be 'weakened' up until his chapter in the story, which was why he was more susceptible to Scorpion's nether power and Subzero's freezing ability (both magic) more than he normally would.. Strangely enough though, when Green Lantern was at full power (he recharged his ring at Oa before heading back to Earth), some guys like Shang Tsung still beat him without much trouble at all.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Meioh_Hades
100% agree with you, SamZED.

MK 2011: In Smoke's chapter, he was able to beat Sektor without trouble... so why in Nightwolf's chapter Smoke couldn't lay a finger on the Cyber Ninja?

Even during MK vs DC there were strange power creep power seep (for example... Scorpion was able to defeat Superman, but was defeated by Lex Luthor) due to the universe merging, but MK 2011 has nothing to justify that. Yea which is why Dark Khan is hard to gauge.

crimson_2010
Dunno about Fei Long but i consider Johnny stronger cuz Fei Long is actually featless...

Meioh_Hades
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
But Superman was stated to be 'weakened' up until his chapter in the story, which was why he was more susceptible to Scorpion's nether power and Subzero's freezing ability (both magic) more than he normally would.. Strangely enough though, when Green Lantern was at full power (he recharged his ring at Oa before heading back to Earth), some guys like Shang Tsung still beat him without much trouble at all.

Yes, Superman is stated to be weakened, and vulnerable to "magic". And also the Joker became stronger: Deathstroke was surprised that he was able to win a fight (and then Joker managed to beat Batman).

However since the universe merging gave strange effects to the Kombatants and DC heroes' powers, it has some justification.

I hope that in MK 2011 sequel we'll have a more precise power tier.

Zack Fair
MK9's tiers were clear...you suck if you are a bad guy unless you're Shao Kahn or Sindel.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by crimson_2010
Dunno about Fei Long but i consider Johnny stronger cuz Fei Long is actually featless... That doesn't make him weaker, just means he doesn't have feats. TOAA doesn't have feats in Marvel, would he be weaker?

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Zack Fair
MK9's tiers were clear...you suck if you are a bad guy unless you're Shao Kahn or Sindel.
How are they clear if some of the fights contradict each other, like the Smoke and Sektor example Meioh mentioned?

Zack Fair
Different times? People do grow stronger as time passes. At the same time they can become weaker. Also different characters have different abilities that might come in handy when dealing with different opponents.

Anyway I was just messing around with that comment awesome

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.