Man-Thing, Grundy, Poison Ivy & Mantis vs. Sasquatch, Animal Man, Vixen & Snowbird

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
1. Everyone at average levels
2. Everyone at their best

Fight in a Canadian Rain Forest.

Who wins?

inimalist
where does the battle take place?

byrdgang21
Fight in Canadian rain forest.

Edited

inimalist
mantis tips it for sure

illadelph12
Hmm...

Actually, I think Team Animals beats Team Plants in boths scenarios.

inimalist
what do they have to protect against Mantis' tp?

the plants win the average level fight. snowbird can beat them by resorting to her most powerfull forms in the second one, even grundy at his strongest shouldnt be up to the task

inimalist
at "top" performance, I think it comes down to Tanaraq vs K'ad-Mon

I'm not sure how the great beasts would do against someone who can "toy" with surfer

illadelph12
Originally posted by inimalist
what do they have to protect against Mantis' tp?

The ability to channel the abilities of (or morph into, in Snowbird's case) an animal resistant to, or outright physically incapable of, TP manipulation, or at least be able to resist it long enough to mount an offensive. I'm pretty sure Sasquatch has some mind control/TP resistance feats on his resume as well.

In the high end match Team Animal has the bigger guns.

at "top" performance, I think it comes down to Tanaraq vs K'ad-Mon

I'm not sure how the great beasts would do against someone who can "toy" with surfer but isnt he a different character altogheter who possesed manthing or something?

inimalist
Originally posted by illadelph12
The ability to channel the abilities of (or morph into, in Snowbird's case) an animal resistant to, or outright physically incapable of, TP manipulation, or at least be able to resist it long enough to mount an offensive.

which animals?

I'm pretty sure Sasquatch has some mind control/TP resistance feats on his resume as well.

well, Man-Thing has an essential immunity to physical damage, and they are in a rainforest...

In the high end match Team Animal has the bigger guns.

maybe..

inimalist
Originally posted by 753
but isnt he a different character altogheter who possesed manthing or something?

... no, Sallis was cursed to become the Man-Thing because as a "man of lineage" he was supposed to guard the dream. They are "separate" but not really.

I think the same could easily be said of Tanaraq too, and if we remove the "Gods" from the equation, team 2 has nothing to deal with MT's reality manip

illadelph12
Well, for example, a starfish should be immune to TP manipulation because it doesn't have the same brain structure that a more developed creature does (doesn't have a brain at all, actually). However, there's likely an Aquaman comic out there somewhere that has him controlling starfish that I'm unaware of. Also earthworms (lack the lobes).

Besides that though, Animal Man actually has telepathy himself, and can do mind swaps like the Ovoids. He should be pretty resistant in his own right.

illadelph12
I wonder if acid spit (flies) would work against Man-Thing by disolving/digesting his body?

inimalist
I wonder if acid spit (flies) would work against Man-Thing by disolving/digesting his body?

I was thinking about bombardier beetles myself

in a forest though, a rainforest at that, I can't imagine an acid strong enough to overcome his regen. He can reform pretty quickly after having his body entirely burned. A chemical defoliant might be the best option, but then team 2 would have to destroy the entire forest

that being said, there are people on team 2 MT is never going to deliver the KO on

... no, Sallis was cursed to become the Man-Thing because as a "man of lineage" he was supposed to guard the dream. They are "separate" but not really.

I think the same could easily be said of Tanaraq too, and if we remove the "Gods" from the equation, team 2 has nothing to deal with MT's reality manip I dont get it, is the spirit of the other guy still inside the man-thing? does manthing have the potential to become that powerful on his own?

illadelph12
Hmm...

Actually, no, I think it was only due to posession. I don't think Man-Thing can freely gain the powers.

inimalist
Originally posted by 753
I dont get it, is the spirit of the other guy still inside the man-thing? does manthing have the potential to become that powerful on his own?

those are generally unanswered questions, as the series K'ad-Mon appeared in was cancelled, twice, before anything really got resolved. It is not exactly like a possession, but like, if you "psychically probed" Man-Thing's "mind" you probably wouldn't find it.

Man-Thing has no mind with which to summon that power, however, Sallis alone (at one point as his mind was returned to Man-Thing) was able to draw all of the power of the Nexus into himself.

Hmm...

Actually, no, I think it was only due to posession. I don't think Man-Thing can freely gain the powers.

K'ad-Mon's powers were bound to something called the "staff of ages", but the exact relationship between K'ad-Mon and Man-Thing/Sallis is really convoluted in this regard. K'ad-Mon is the man of lineage, which is Sallis, yet they seem to have different consciousnesses. it sort of reminds me of how I understand the Walter/Tanaraq relationship, as they are clearly 2 separate individuals.

EDIT: that being said, aside from being a massive damage soak here, I don't see Manny being the pivotal character in either match, unless we go with the "gods" angle technically, he could BFR his opponents with little effort]. He will tie up the others, and will make the match very difficult for team 2, but he has no real win mechanism here (fear might work... might, depending on regen). I really think the question comes down to how well team 2 can defend against Mantis.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.