In TFU II was starkiller a clone or had he actually survived?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
Real starkiller or clone?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Rebel95
Real starkiller or clone? Clone for now.

Fortitude
Somehow, I suspect that starkiller is not a clone. It would be a bummer revelation that he's really a clone.

It's like when a movie mentions a long last artifact that may or may not exist, it's almost always going to end up being real.

Rebel95
so then how does vader escape capture? will there be another game?

Lord Lucien
It's a profitable franchise. Of course they will.

chilled monkey
Personally I think he should definately be a clone and I'll be very disappointed if they try and pull a "oh he's the real Galen after all."

1. Galen died a heroic death. Why cheapen that sacrifice? Having Starkiller be a clone means Galen's sacrifice is undiminished while still keeping "him" around. It's like having two great characters and heroes for the price of one.

2. It's like with Ben Reilly. Having Starkiller be a clone is better because it shows that it's not the circumstances of one's birth that make them a hero; it's what's in their heart. Ben Reilly was a man and a hero; being born in unusual circumstances (i.e. a clone of Peter Parker) didn't change that. Why should it be any different for Starkiller?

3. I like the idea that Starkiller didn't go insane like the other clones did because he was the only one that truly embraced his feelings for Juno. It's like saying "you may not be the original Galen Marek, but you have his heart."

Hybris
Hehe. In that case they shouldn't have made a second game about Galen (at least not a sequel storywise).

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Hybris
Hehe. In that case they shouldn't have made a second game about Galen (at least not a sequel storywise).

True, but greed almost always rears it's ugly head, ruining an otherwise good (for the most part) story.

Darth Truculent
I do not believe Starkiller is a clone due for one reason - in novelization, it states that a cloned Force user would suffer from paranoia, psychosis and other mental disorders. Galen/Starkiller was probably knocked out on the DS. To me, it seemed he was suffering from the Jason Bourne affect. During a traumatic event, the brain crashes like a computer and sometimes memory is lost temporarily (was forced to study psychology in college). Bits and pieces of his memory were slowly being regained. Cloning someone in less than a year (again according to novelization) is impossible. How Vader escapes will probably be seen later on in the future.

Nephthys
My personal opinion is that the Starkiller at the end of the game was a clone as well. The novel says some very suggestive things that indicate as much.

ares834
It actually seems likley that Starkiller at the end of the second game is a clone. This is because after he is stabbed in the back and thrown out into the viod of space he awakes and his bady has no scars. Even his old ones have disapperad. I really like the idea that Vader is testing with clones and perhaps even spirit transfer as he badly wants his body to become whole again.

Originally posted by Rebel95
so then how does vader escape capture? will there be another game?

Through things such as Distant Thunder (unlockable cutscenes) and the dark side ending it seems likely that Vader intended to get captured. So yes he would likely have a way to escape. He may do it on his own or he may need Boba Fett or Dark Starkiller to free him.

Lord Lucien
If they pull it off right, I think the revelation Marek was cloned even during the first game would help to improve the story of Force Unleashed. It could also add a bit to Vader's resume--give the character some identifiable "Sith knowledge" from Palpatine, like spirit transfers.

Darth Truculent
ares, the alternate ending is not canon. Scars can be repaired (see Raynar Thul) through surgery. Vader could have and most likely repaired the scars to further con Starkiller into believing he is a clone. According to novelization, Starkiller was cloned in exactly 1 year (some guy was picking up on Juno) - the 'accelerated' cloning process does not work. At Kamino, it was stated that the cloners 'weeded out' Force sensitivity because it would defect the cloning process.

SlightlyFlaccid
The Distant Thunder cutscenes reveal that Vader has kept the original Starkiller's body preserved in stasis. Or, I guess, it could be a lie and be the body of a defected clone.

Nephthys
Doubtful. Why would Vader do that?

This is in TFU 1.

ares834
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
ares, the alternate ending is not canon.

I never said it was canon. However the Dark Apprentice is canon as the Distant Thunder scenes are considered canon. Furthermore in the novel Gaalan (hehe) has a vision of being killed by Dark Starkiller.

I'm talking about TFU 1. Why would Vader repair his scars in there?

This is wrong then considering there are at least two Starkillers running around. At least one has to be a clone. Then, of course, there is Luuke...

Nephthys
Plus theres a short story in the back of one of the books which is about Palpatine cloning a bunch of his Hands to make Force-Sensitive soldiers.

ares834
Are you talking about the one that was about Vader and written by Travis?

Nephthys
It was about Vader. He killed them all when they flipped the **** out. Dunno about Travis.

Darth Truculent
To pull off a con, you have to make it as realistic as possible. In order to manipulate someone you have to make them believe that they are/or can do x, y & z. Palpatine baited Anakin with the possibilty of saving Padme, but he had no intention to (saving Padme). Vader did something similar to Galen by repairing his body.

In novelization, it strictly states that a cloned Force user would suffer from psychosis, paranoia, delusions and other mental disorders. Joruus and Luuke suffered from those symptoms. Palp's cloned soldiers were cannon fodder and probably were afflicted with the same symptoms.

Dark Starkiller was implied . . . that is what Galen probably glimpsed is what he would become if he turned to the dark side. He would symbolically be killing the good Galen.

Nephthys
Except that Galen never questions whether he's a clone or not in the first game. At all. All that he does is note 'huh, thats odd' and then goes on his merry way. Vader never even tries to mind **** him with the 'your a clone' stuff, even when Galen is beating the ever loving shit out of him and causing him mental turmoil would be a really fvcking smart thing to do if he as trying to make him think that as you suggest. If he was trying to con him then how come he never, you know, actually tries to con him?

Darth Truculent
In order to manipulate a very very intelligent person, everything is implied. Anakin blindly believed the promise of Palpatine without question. Galen however, was completely confused even though Kota repeatedly told him he wasn't a clone. Unlike TFU I, in TFU II, Vader allowed himself to be captured. You're a very intelligent KM member Nephthys. Think closely. Galen was already a fractured man - doesn't remember his family, only bits and pieces of memory. Suffered severe trauma when opened himself to the Force. He's still trying to find out who he is.

Nephthys
I fail to see your point. Are you suggesting that Vader got rid of his scars so that if he clones him in the future, then he might remember it and may get freaked out over it even though he doesn't in either game or novelisation?

I hope not.

SlightlyFlaccid
DT
You're a very intelligent KM member Nephthys.

facepalm

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by SlightlyFlaccid
facepalm Are you facepalming at the irony of his grammar mistake, or at his insipid attempt to play the calm guy appealing to another's ego?

SlightlyFlaccid
Lucien
Are you facepalming at the irony of his grammar mistake, or at his insipid attempt to play the calm guy appealing to another's ego?

There is always another option.

I was suggesting through the use of an emoticon that DT's assessment of N. was... inaccurate. Because flirtingteasing him and others is fun for me.

Nephthys
The only thing 'inaccurate' here is your username.

.........wiat.......

SlightlyFlaccid
You weren't complaining last night. vin

Nephthys
Well at times its more inaccurrate than at others.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Nephthys
Plus theres a short story in the back of one of the books which is about Palpatine cloning a bunch of his Hands to make Force-Sensitive soldiers.

Are you talking about the one that was about Vader and written by Travis?

It was about Vader. He killed them all when they flipped the **** out. Dunno about Travis.

That is correct. The short stories were "In His Image" and its sequel "A Two-Edged Sword." Both were written by Karen Traviss.

The Hand who was cloned was Sa Cuis who was an awesome character. I was so glad to see some lightsabre colour variety from a dark sider (yes he had a red one but he had one with a white blade too).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.