Magneto (movie) VS Green Lantern (movie)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Magneto (movie) VS Green Lantern (movie)

no prep. fight takes place near an abandoned construction site.

how does this go?

1. x-men first class magneto

2. x-men trilogy magneto

DickBlazer
Lots of metal there. Mags

Black bolt z
How powerful was movie GL?

Mindset
GL isn't out yet here.

zeel
stalemate neither will hirt each other, GL will have shields up just like mags In the greel lantern movie hal had at the end of the movie a incrediably powerful feat, thats all i can say without spoiling it hehe. BOth combatants have incredible power and both have the ability to defend themselevs with shields. Mags uses magnatisim, and hal uses will power.

KingD19
Originally posted by zeel
stalemate neither will hirt each other, GL will have shields up just like mags In the greel lantern movie hal had at the end of the movie a incrediably powerful feat, thats all i can say without spoiling it hehe. BOth combatants have incredible power and both have the ability to defend themselevs with shields. Mags uses magnatisim, and hal uses will power.

The only problem with this statement is that Movie Magneto doesn't have shields.

zeel
Originally posted by KingD19
The only problem with this statement is that Movie Magneto doesn't have shields.

Actually your right im sure he has them he just never used them, but ya your right.

illadelph12
I wonder if Movie Magneto could just pull the ring of Hal's finger, then drop a burned out bus on him.

jrodslam
Originally posted by illadelph12
I wonder if Movie Magneto could just pull the ring of Hal's finger, then drop a burned out bus on him.

The ring is plastic.

illadelph12
The Movie Ring is stated to be made of plastic, or that is the material it's really made of (i.e., as in a movie prop made of plastic)?

jrodslam
I was just messin. Who knows.

Mindset
U so silly!

chomperx9
cant wait for everyone else to see it 1st before making a GL thread ?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by illadelph12
Unless there's a statement to the effect of the ring being ferrous...

SasuOna
How is this not a stomp for GL
Did anyone in this thread actually watch the movie?

This is like putting a class 20 character against a herald

AsbestosFlaygon
GL from the movie?
Believe me, you don't wanna see it guys.
Movie sucked balls deep.

SasuOna
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
GL from the movie?
Movie sucked balls deep.

Nah it was pretty good but they did turn Hal into "lol super I'm the bestest lantern ever" at the end

Mindset
Originally posted by SasuOna
Nah it was pretty good but they did turn Hal into "lol super I'm the bestest lantern ever" at the end So he was Kyle.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Mindset
So he was Kyle.

thumb up Yes.

Uriel005
Solo'd ****in Parallax... who couldn't escape a star's gravitational pull which apparently Kilowog can replicate.

Mindset
Thanks for the spoiler.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Uriel005
Solo'd ****in Parallax... who couldn't escape a star's gravitational pull which apparently Kilowog can replicate.

well..i think they said it was because of his big size..the gravitational pull became greater..but that is still bullshit..

JakeTheBank
Hal.

DarkestKnight08
Actually your right im sure he has them he just never used them, but ya your right.

In the four X-Men films that Magneto was featured in, his mutant power only allows him to manipulate metal and levitate himself (a fact that the writers at IGN mentioned as well).

If Magneto had the ability to create a force field with his mutant power, I'm sure he would've done so in the original X-Men trilogy as he was at his prime. Due to Magneto's powers being downgraded in the X-Men films, he's guaranteed to lose to Green Lantern in a fight.

zeel
GL from the movie?
Movie sucked balls deep.

IM the type that is very opened minded and usually dont get disapointed due to the fact i dont get my hopes up alot =). When most people go into theses movies spouting out how horrible they are its usually a result of..........

This is going to be the gretest movie of all time and its going to be perfect and the creators of this movie are customizing this movie to be tailor made to my likes" SYNDROME

haha, this is a very common condition with people theses days.

kevdude
I'd say Hal Jordan.

jrodslam
GL wins.

Also, i enjoyed the movie and thought it was pretty good. Some like it, and some dont. For those who havent seen it yet, see it for yourself and decide whether you think its good or not.

AsbestosFlaygon
IM the type that is very opened minded and usually dont get disapointed due to the fact i dont get my hopes up alot =). When most people go into theses movies spouting out how horrible they are its usually a result of..........

This is going to be the gretest movie of all time and its going to be perfect and the creators of this movie are customizing this movie to be tailor made to my likes" SYNDROME

haha, this is a very common condition with people theses days.
Well, maybe you haven't seen the movie yet.

The fact that explosions from jets and trucks can hurt Parallax proves that the writers knew jackshit about Parallax.

Parallax was never an Oan to begin with, he is a parasitic entity of fear that perhaps lived before the Guardians even existed.

And the Parallax from the movie doesn't even remotely resemble Parallax from the comics.

jrodslam
Well, maybe you haven't seen the movie yet.

The fact that explosions from jets and trucks can hurt Parallax proves that the writers knew jackshit about Parallax.

Parallax was never an Oan to begin with, he is a parasitic entity of fear that perhaps lived before the Guardians even existed.

And the Parallax from the movie doesn't even remotely resemble Parallax from the comics.

In a way, id rather see that than a giant Yellow bug. embarrasment/

We need to realize that movies arent going to be 100% like the comics. The whole thing with the fear/yellow and Parallax growing stronger was pretty much dead on. How the yellow/fear takes control of the being, was pretty pot on.

Cant please everyone. Still a good movie.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by jrodslam
In a way, id rather see that than a giant Yellow bug. embarrasment/

We need to realize that movies arent going to be 100% like the comics. The whole thing with the fear/yellow and Parallax growing stronger was pretty much dead on. How the yellow/fear takes control of the being, was pretty pot on.

Cant please everyone. Still a good movie.
Whether it be in the comics or movies, as powerful an entity Parallax is, it should never be hurt by tiny explosions.

And the Parallax origin story is still a hoax.

JakeTheBank
Whether it be in the comics or movies, as powerful an entity Parallax is, it should never be hurt by tiny explosions.

This.

jrodslam

And the Parallax origin story is still a hoax.

Well les not forget that in the movie, Parallax still wasnt near full power. Also, as we've seen, theres still more to that whole situation that may be unraveled in the sequel.

The only part that was remotely different was the fact that Parallax himself was a guardian. Like i said. Id rather what they did than seeing a giant yellow bug.

Uriel005
Well les not forget that in the movie, Parallax still wasnt near full power. Also, as we've seen, theres still more to that whole situation that may be unraveled in the sequel.

The only part that was remotely different was the fact that Parallax himself was a guardian. Like i said. Id rather what they did than seeing a giant yellow bug. But the whole point of Parallax and the emotional spectrum beings is that they are supposed to beyond concepts like a mortal form in DC. To give them a definitive idea that defines them as anything other than emotional concepts given form is just wrong. Btw Parallax and the other concepts are given form to give readers understanding that they are there more than the fact that it is their actual shape.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Uriel005
But the whole point of Parallax and the emotional spectrum beings is that they are supposed to beyond concepts like a mortal form in DC. To give them a definitive idea that defines them as anything other than emotional concepts given form is just wrong. Btw Parallax and the other concepts are given form to give readers understanding that they are there more than the fact that it is their actual shape.

Well movie wise, it was yellow/fear that came before the actual being. I still believe that the guardian was just a host as well as Hector to a slight degree, however. Thats why i think they will explain more in the sequel. Like how can Sinestro have power of yellow/fear when Parallax was destroyed?.

nimbus006
Originally posted by DarkestKnight08
In the four X-Men films that Magneto was featured in, his mutant power only allows him to manipulate metal and levitate himself (a fact that the writers at IGN mentioned as well).

If Magneto had the ability to create a force field with his mutant power, I'm sure he would've done so in the original X-Men trilogy as he was at his prime. Due to Magneto's powers being downgraded in the X-Men films, he's guaranteed to lose to Green Lantern in a fight.

thumb up

nimbus006

The only part that was remotely different was the fact that Parallax himself was a guardian. Like i said. Id rather what they did than seeing a giant yellow bug.

I think they could've come up with some very cool parasitic designs that would've worked better than the cloud.

Additionally, the physics behind Kilowog simulating a star's gravitational pull is totally incorrect. A star of that size with the "gravitiational pull of the average star" should be so dense that it would've created a black hole and consumed Oa.

jrodslam
Originally posted by nimbus006
I think they could've come up with some very cool parasitic designs that would've worked better than the cloud.

I agree.

Additionally, the physics behind Kilowog simulating a star's gravitational pull is totally incorrect. A star of that size with the "gravitiational pull of the average star" should be so dense that it would've created a black hole and consumed Oa.

When i read comics or watch comic book movies, i throw physics out the window.

Uriel005
I agree.

When i read comics or watch comic book movies, i throw physics out the window. there is ignoring physics which I can attribute to suspension of disbelief and then there is IGNORING physics. Unless you intend to rewrite the whole science of it or are just ignorant then writers should at least try to scale something into the realm of possibility given the fact that the readers/watchers are willing to go along with some shenanigans. Just don't make it so far out there people don't just scratch their heads and go WHY!! EVEN IN FICTION THAT SHOULDN"T BE POSSIBLE ON THE PREMISE OF HIS POWERS. Kind of like Thor tooling the destroyer.

cdtm
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Unless there's a statement to the effect of the ring being ferrous...

I'd imagine if it had properties Mags could manipulate, Cyborg Superman would have possessed one by now, considering he can take over even random metal bits..

That would be kind of awesome, seeing a ring construct of Cyborg Supes as he's controlling the thing from inside...

nimbus006
I agree.

When i read comics or watch comic book movies, i throw physics out the window.

I don't know, there are some things I can ignore because maybe they're possible, and we just can't understand or explain it, yet. However, this is something that just should've had a little more thought go into it.

DARTH POWER
Also, as we've seen, theres still more to that whole situation that may be unraveled in the sequel.

Iv not seen the movie, so not saying it was bad, but looking at the figures id say a sequel is pretty unlikely.

byrdgang21
I think they could've come up with some very cool parasitic designs that would've worked better than the cloud

I thought Parallax looked like some dirty dreads

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.