Superman Vs. the Galactic Empire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Michael Collins
A wormhole has opened and the Man of steel has arrived on Tattooine just as R2 and C3PO land and look for Ben in episode 4. Superman has wandered into Mos Eisley and is looking for a way home. He hears of a guy called Han Solo and goes to meet him just as Luke and Ben do. What happens if he teams up with Luke on the rescue mission for the Princess.

Nephthys
Superman tears the Empire a new one.

Fortitude
Superman's powers are widely inconsistent. At his best, the entire imperial fleet does jack all to him. At his lowest, he gets punked by an ISD. Oh, and unlike my thread, this sort of is a violation.

RagingBoner
Palpatine possesses him.

Nephthys
Proof he can?

Trineas
Would be fun watching him push a Death Star into the nearest sun.

Michael Collins
Originally posted by Trineas
Would be fun watching him push a Death Star into the nearest sun.

Or blocking the main weapon beam with his S shielded chest. smile

Nephthys
Nah, he'd just throw the S at it.

ares834
The GE flees to th enearest star system with a red star and then proceed to destroy the Man of Steel.

Galan007
Short of a direct blast from the Death Star's cannon, the GE has no way to -even slightly- harm Superman... And even a beam from the DS wouldn't do much more than KO Supes for a few moments (and that's IF he just sat there and let it hit him.)

In fact, the only power throughout SW mythos I'm familiar with that might be capable of harming Supes, is a Force Storm - but even that's iffy, as Superman has endured the forces of black holes many times in the past.

Lord Lucien
We've never seen Superman take a blaster shot to the chest and survive, ergo we know he can't.

Stealth Moose
Marka Ragnos solos.

ares834
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
We've never seen Superman take a blaster shot to the chest and survive, ergo we know he can't.

Good RJ logic dere!

thumb up

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by ares834
Good RJ logic dere!

thumb up It is a matter of science, and my science is great. I've never seen Brazil, so why I should I just assume that it exists?

Nephthys
STOP COMMTTING THE LIMITS FALLACY YOU NIMRODS! SOMETHING WITHOUT A DEFINED LIMIT OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T HAVE ONE! GOD!

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Nephthys
STOP COMMTTING THE LIMITS FALLACY YOU NIMRODS! SOMETHING WITHOUT A DEFINED LIMIT OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T HAVE ONE! GOD! Yes, God does fall within that category.

RagingBoner
N.
Proof he can?

Palpatine is a master of the essence transfer and can move his spirit into clones and even trained Force sensitives such as his Emperor's Hand, Droga.

"You can transfer your life essence from your own body
into the body of another-either an empty vessel (such as a
clone) or, in more extreme cases, another devel-oped,
intelligent being. Your consciousness then over-writes that
other individual's consciousness-leaving your mind in the
other body. Your own body disinte-grates, leaving behind
your clothing and any items you previously held or carried." -- Dark Side Sourcebook, page 16.

Nephthys
Who allowed him too. Proof he can do it against someones will? Because if he could why not just possess Skywalker?

He says that its used on another intelligent being in 'extreme circumstances' afterall. Why only then? That indicates a level of risk to me.

RagingBoner
N.
Who allowed him too.

Proof?

The Dark Side Sourcebook mentions nothing about needing permission, nor do any of the other relevant sources. That I know of, anyway.

Because certain Jedi (as demonstrated by Empatajayos Brand) knew a technique with which one could trap Palpatine's spirit.

Nephthys
Droga was fanatically loyal to Palpatine. Are you saying he wouldn't save Palpatines life?

Plus he went butt**** insane when Palpatine took him over, so clearly Palpatine cannot just take over and start walking around.

If Palpatine could inhabit others bodies so easily, why would he choose to inhabit rapidly degenerating clone bodies?

Just because it doesn't mention it doesn't mean he does not require some measure of it.

Luke didn't. He was a barely trained Jedi knight.

RagingBoner
N.
Droga was fanatically loyal to Palpatine. Are you saying he wouldn't save Palpatines life?

No, but the question was not would Droga allow Palpatine to possess his body, but did he. I'm certainly open to the idea, but where is your proof?

So because the consciousness of the person whose body Palpatine occupies is damaged as a result of the technique, Palpatine can't just start walking around? Interesting.

Because, as explained in various material, only a body extremely powerful in the Force could sustain Palpatine's essence without premature decay, hence why he targeted Anakin Solo.

I didn't realize that, when the material doesn't comment, we can simply make up interpretations. You must have really taken me seriously when I teased you and Z. about the ability to make up canon as you see fit.

To cheat deathestablish canon is a power only one has achieved.

Correct, Luke didn't. But how was Palpatine to know that?

Galan007
Originally posted by RagingBoner
Palpatine is a master of the essence transfer and can move his spirit into clones and even trained Force sensitives such as his Emperor's Hand, Droga.

"You can transfer your life essence from your own body
into the body of another-either an empty vessel (such as a
clone) or, in more extreme cases, another devel-oped,
intelligent being. Your consciousness then over-writes that
other individual's consciousness-leaving your mind in the
other body. Your own body disinte-grates, leaving behind
your clothing and any items you previously held or carried." -- Dark Side Sourcebook, page 16. Same page:

"Your original body only disintegrates when you voluntarily leave it. If you transfer your essence to another body, and the original consciousness asserts control, you are simply forced out, and the original body survives."

Superman has resisted mental, and/or bodily invasion from the likes of: Manchester Black, Maxima, Despero, Brainiac, etc. No way in hell Palpatine would be able to just hop into Superman's vessel if the aforementioned were unable to. Imho.

RagingBoner
Originally posted by Galan007
Same page:

"Your original body only disintegrates when you voluntarily leave it. If you transfer your essence to another body, and the original consciousness asserts control, you are simply forced out, and the original body survives."

Superman has resisted mental, and/pr bodily invasion from the likes of Manchester Black, Maxima, Despero, Brainiac, etc. No way in hell Palpatine is usurping control over Supes if the aforementioned were unable to.

4reelz?
Damn.

Wait, wait, wait. Wait. That part is discussing the game mechanics.

ares834
The same thing happens to Bane in DoE. He uses it on Zaanah but she beats him in a battle of wills.

RagingBoner
ares834
The same thing happens to Bane in DoE. He uses it on Zaanah but she beats him in a battle of wills.

There's no doubt that the essence can be overpowered (it's what happened to Palpatine and Bane), but the section refers to game mechanics, I believe.

Nephthys
That doesn't seems iffy on being gameplay mechanic to me. mmm

RagingBoner
N.
That doesn't seems iffy on being gameplay mechanic to me. mmm

The way I'm reading that particular section is that if the original consciousness even tries to assert control, then the intruder is excised. But that isn't what happened when Bane possessed Zannah; there was an actual battle of wills that she ultimately won because her will was stronger than his.

Perhaps it means that if the original conscious manages to achieve control, the intruding intellect is thrown out?

edited

Nephthys
It does mention a Will save, but it doesn't mention mention where that comes into play. But you're right about Bane and Zannah.

Still as Galen has pointed out, Superman has resisted possession and mind-control more times than I have fingers.

RagingBoner
N.
It does mention a Will save, but it doesn't mention mention where that comes into play. But you're right about Bane and Zannah.

thumb up

Without burying me in a shitton of comics (a medium which I despise) mind linking me or showing scans?

Nephthys
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=371890&highlight=Superman+forumid%3A98

RagingBoner
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=371890&highlight=Superman+forumid%3A98

Linking me to a thread that will bury me in comics is perhaps more douchey than doing it yourself. uhuh

It gives me hope that the information will be readily available for my inquisitive eye. sad

Galan007
Originally posted by RagingBoner
4reelz?
Damn.

Wait, wait, wait. Wait. That part is discussing the game mechanics. Heh, the entire book is about a roleplaying game. Therefore everything in it discusses game mechanics. The excerpt I posted is simply an extra tid-bit which directly correlates with the info you posted. Visually, an essence transfer looks like this:

http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/605/lastclonebody.th.jpg

...Which helps solidify the lines I posted.

Palpatine leaves a previous body, that body disintegrates, then his essence enters another vessel (either a clone or an individual connected with the dark side.) But IF the vessel Palpatine tries to possess puts up too good of a fight (as Superman undoubtedly would), he cannot inhabit that body. Makes perfect sense.

RagingBoner
Right, Superman has to win the battle of wills. We shall see if he is worthy... uhuh

Galan007
He beat Dominus (a universal telepath/reality warper... One of the most powerful evah!!!) on the mental plane:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/33supermankingoftheworl.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/535/34supermankingoftheworl.jpg/
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2430/35supermankingoftheworl.jpg

I can't imagine Palpatine overcoming Superman's will if someone that powerful was unable to. Fanboy. vin

RagingBoner
But that wasn't possession. excellent

Galan007
But it was a universal telepath/reality warper trying (and failing) to overcome Superman's mental defenses, in a battle that was waged across four different realities.
ohhh

If Palpatine tried to invade Superman's mind/body, he'd be chewed up and spat out. As much as I love Palps, there's just nothing to support the notion that he could overcome Superman's defenses in that area. His energies would be better spent attacking Superman from a more head-on approach.

RagingBoner
But it was a universal telepath/reality warper trying (and failing) to overcome Superman's mental defenses, in a battle that was waged across four different realities.
ohhh

If Palpatine tried to invade Superman's mind/body, he'd be chewed up and spat out. As much as I love Palps, there's just nothing to support the notion that he could overcome Superman's defenses in that area.

Give me time and I shall find ze loophole I need! excellent

Galan007
Try it and I shall manifest a scan-blitz, the likes of which you have never seen before!!11!!! The likes of which may very well make you feel ze urge to poo.

doompa dee doo. umpa2

RagingBoner
The likes of which may very well make you feel ze urge to poo.

Oh yeah? Well I already think of your posts when I'm constipated! Helps things pass more smoothly. shifty

Galan007
Finally, I've been promoted to the laxative of KMC.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/rns666/Funny%20GIFs/tiger-woods-fist-pump-o.gif

RagingBoner
G007
Finally, I've been promoted to the laxative of KMC.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/rns666/Funny%20GIFs/tiger-woods-fist-pump-o.gif

You're Tiger Woods? I knew it.

DARTH POWER
Anything stopping Palpatine and Vader combining their powers to paralyze Supes??

But if we're talking comic supes, he is an overpowered tool. But the animated Supes defo could not take out the GE. He barely took a shot from the Watchtower's laser beam, so an SD should pretty much destroy him and the DS would be overkill.

Anyway thats all assuming Supes even has powers in the SW Galaxy.

^ Looks like Raging Boner's gone.

Galan007
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
But if we're talking comic supes, he is an overpowered tool. I think comic Supes is who everyone was referring to..

Anyway thats all assuming Supes even has powers in the SW Galaxy. I'm assuming this battle would take place in a neutral universe, wherein Superman's powers would be fully operational... Unless you think the thread starter intended for Superman to be powerless.

^ Looks like Raging Boner's gone. He'll be back.

Nephthys
He already is.

And why wouldn't Supermans powers still be active?

Galan007
Wow, his essence transfer ability has grown strong... dur313

Fortitude
I don't get it. Who was raging boner?

What are current Supe's durability feats? At his height, not even the Death Star could do jack.

Nephthys
Gideon. The sad bastard who wrote this 6000 word essay on his favourite character but gives me shit for liking the Joker.

I don't think current Supes has changed much. I mean, he's no longer at pre-crisis levels where he was sneezing away galaxies, but he's still plenty powerfl. Not enough to tank the DS laser, butstill.

Galan007
Not enough to tank the DS laser, butstill. Current Superman has survived supernovas. A beam capable of destroying single planets might KO him for a moment, but that's about it.

But tbh, the Death Star beam should never even touch him. Supes has proven (multiple times) that he can perceive/react/move much faster than the speed of light.

Nephthys
Superman is powered by the sun. no expression

Of course a supernova isn't going to kill him.

Galan007
Superman is powered by the sun. no expression

Of course a supernova isn't going to kill him. It was a red sun supernova, btw. wink

Nephthys
Well that just doesn't make any fvcking sense. Red sun radiation should depower him.

I smell some serious WIS (writer induced stupidity).

Galan007
Well that just doesn't make any fvcking sense. Red sun radiation should depower him.

I smell some serious WIS (writer induced stupidity). His weakness to red sun has significantly decreased over the years. Here's the instance I was referring to:

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6671/16ie5.jpg
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/523/17ni7.jpg
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/5113/18eh0.jpg
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3681/19ot8.jpg

Superman tanks a few blasts of red sun radiation, deploys an entropy bomb in the heart of the (red)Sun-Eater, then tanks the initial subsequent blast (which was 50x more powerful than a supernova.)

...All while growing progressively weaker. Insane, I say.

Nephthys
That feat is retarded.

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Galan007
ure retarted! uhuh

Fortitude
What distance was he from the supernova? At a far enough distance, the DS superlaser would actually be more powerful than a distant supernova

Galan007
He was point blank.

Omega Vision
Also worth noting that Superman once got punched with the equivalent mass of planet Earth right in the jaw and only suffered a bloodied lip. He appeared to be KOed but he was playing Possum.

The Death Star would be next to useless against Superman, in fact the Empire would be smart to try to scrap it and use its spare parts to make a fleet of smaller ships that might have a slim chance of being effective against him.

SlightlyFlaccid
I have read that Superman is susceptible to mind control from two characters known as Maxwell Lord and Maxima? I hope this rings some bells for comic book junkies, because I have no idea who they are.

Zampanó
Neutrinoes are particles that can pass through the entire planet earth without actually interacting with anything because they have no charge. Very rarely, maybe a dozen (recorded) times a day, a neutrino will strike a water molecule in the antarctic and the extensive network of sensors installed there will pick up the resultant flash of light. You are currently being bombarded with neutrinoes and experience literally no effect.

In a supernova, so many neutrinoes are generated that the outer portion of the star is blown apart.

This is my favorite astronomy fact.
why is gideon banned again?

SlightlyFlaccid
Z
why is gideon banned again?

He made someone very angry.

Lord Lucien
I suspect Gideon took himself to the Off-Topic forum and announced his Sock presence to a more heavily mod-populated area.

Nephthys
I suspect thats exactly what happened.

SlightlyFlaccid
Lucien
I suspect Gideon took himself to the Off-Topic forum and announced his Sock presence to a more heavily mod-populated area.

It is incredibly inconvenient that I am unable to post links, but suffice it to say that he trespassed on the sensitivities of another poster, who took it upon himself to report the sock.

From what little I know of Gideon-Boner, his behavior seemed entirely uncharacteristic.

Zampanó
you are particularly inept, aren't you?

just drop the www . killermovies and we'll see everything

Nephthys
I bet it was just some whiny little *****.

Probably RJ. He's prick enough to pull something like that.

SlightlyFlaccid
Z.
you are particularly inept, aren't you?

Not especially. I am, for example, uncommonly skilled in debates and not predisposed to making claims that I'm unable to support (example: Nihilus is a dark side nexus).

I was obviously aware of that; I'm three steps ahead, you know.

excellent

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
I bet it was just some whiny little *****.

From what I gather, this is disturbingly accurate. Judging from the conversation, though, it seemed as though Gideon-Boner was utterly amused by the gesture. I can't say for certain, but it seems as though he enjoys taking KMC's white knights and bringing them down to his level. All it takes, you know, is just a little push.

Who?

Nephthys
Just some prick over in the movie forums.

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
Just some prick over in the movie forums.

I think you're being a little hostile. I'm sure RJ is a fine individual: Polite, sensitive, and objective in debates. Perhaps you're simply refusing to see his better side?

Nephthys
No he's really just terrible.

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
No he's really just terrible.

Like Voldemort-class terrible or, worse yet, Umbridge?

Nephthys
Definately Umbridge. He's more of a smug shitstain than a nazi.

SlightlyFlaccid
Sounds like my kinda guy.

Nephthys
Oh no, theres two of them! herbha-son2

Anyone guessed the mysterious masked stranger who reported Gideon yet?

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
Anyone guessed the mysterious masked stranger who reported Gideon yet?

His text indicates a British accent.

Nephthys
http://cdn.magickchicks.com/comics/mc20110401.png

Now imagine the blond chick with cat ears/horns.

Mind = Blown.

WHO IS THIS MASKED STRANGER WHO HAS STOLEN MY HEART!?

SlightlyFlaccid
Cats don't have horns SO U R A LIAR

DARTH POWER
I think comic Supes is who everyone was referring to..

Probably. And even though he has some insane feats, I think its a bit much for him to take down the whole empire single handed. When he's got army after army of star destroyers coming at him he should eventually go down.

I'm assuming this battle would take place in a neutral universe, wherein Superman's powers would be fully operational... Unless you think the thread starter intended for Superman to be powerless.

Well his weaknesses are part and parcel of his powers. Weaknesses a whole empire could probably figure out and use against him. Unlike Superman the Galactic Empire can pretty much operate at full force in any system it wants.

I still think if powerful enough force users put their powers together they could freeze Supes with the long enough for a bunch of SD's to unload on him..

Because end of the day, however powerful he is, hes just one man. And the Force surrounds everyone and everything. So why wuldn't they be able to Force Paralyze him??

Nephthys
I'll point out that there are only about 5-10 Force users active in the Galactic Empire. No where near enough to hold something capable of accelerating to lightspeed and with enough force to blo up a planet with a few punches.

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
I'll point out that there are only about 5-10 Force users active in the Galactic Empire.

Your numbers are a little off.

Nephthys
Palpatine, Vader, Jade, Lumiya, Droga, Jerec, a few more Hands, a few more accolytes, dunno if there are any more.

15-20?

Galan007
So why wuldn't they be able to Force Paralyze him?? Because no force user in the GE has feats indicative of being able to paralyze someone on Superman's level..?

SlightlyFlaccid
Don't forget the Inquisitors, Prophets of the Dark Side, Dark Side Adepts, etc. There isn't a set number of them, but I'd say there are dozens of Imperial-sponsored Force users in the galaxy.

Nephthys
I don't know who any of those people are. awewut

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
I don't know who any of those people are. awewut

Where did I go wrong with you?

DARTH POWER
Because no force user in the GE has feats indicative of being able to paralyze someone on Superman's level..?

Has physical strength or power ever made anyone immune to being affected by the Force?

Galan007
Has physical strength or power ever made anyone immune to being affected by the Force? Have Vader or Palpatine ever used the force to restrain a being anywhere near as powerful, as fast, or as durable as Superman?

ie. have they used the force to paralyze something that has physical strength sufficient to pulverize planets, can travel multiple times the speed of light, and can tank blasts 50x> a supernova?

If not, then why in the hell would we assume they can use the force to such an extreme degree?

SlightlyFlaccid
I'm not a physics expert, but would one's physical strength increase one's ability to resist immobilization? If one is unable to move, how would one be able to apply such strength?

RE: Blaxican
Yes, physical strength is a factor in resisting the force. If it wasn't then the size of an object wouldn't matter when a Jedi tries to move it. Bigger objects are harder to move than smaller ones because they weigh more, weight is the force of gravity pulling at an object, and the bigger the object the stronger the force gravity has on it and the more it weighs.

So obviously, if a force user has trouble lifting a car because it is too heavy, they wouldn't be able to contain an individual who can exert trillions of tons of force.

SlightlyFlaccid
Blax
Yes, physical strength is a factor in resisting the force. If it wasn't then the size of an object wouldn't matter when a Jedi tries to move it. Bigger objects are harder to move than smaller ones because they weigh more, weight is the force of gravity pulling at an object, and the bigger the object the stronger the force gravity has on it and the more it weighs.

So obviously, if a force user has trouble lifting a car because it is too heavy, they wouldn't be able to contain an individual who can exert trillions of tons of force.

If a Force user struggles lifting something the size of a car, it's because of the car's weight, is it not? Superman might be able to exert trillions of tons of Force, but it's not as if he weighs that and what, exactly, would he be using that strength against?

As an aside, we can bypass this all together: Hasn't Superman broken telekinetic grips of others?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Yes, physical strength is a factor in resisting the force. If it wasn't then the size of an object wouldn't matter when a Jedi tries to move it.

Man I miss the good old OT days when "Size mattered Not!"

In any case Ive just remembered, Jedi/Sith can control the minds of the weak minded.

Yes before you all shout at me I know Supes is not weak minded, BUT there was a CW episode that showed a couple of strong Jedi can get together to control a Strong minded person. And if he resists it will just tear his mind apart.

So thats it, Palpatine and Vader put their powers together and tear Supes mind apart as a worst case scenario, and control him as a best case scenario. Palps and Vader win

Happy Dance

Although some how I doubt that is it, as someone is gna prove that Supes has complete and utter resistance to all kinds of telepathy (yawn). How do they even come up with interesting stories for the guy.

Originally posted by SlightlyFlaccid

As an aside, we can bypass this all together: Hasn't Superman broken telekinetic grips of others?

Maybe its just me but Iv always seen Force TK as something harder to resist than regular TK, because well its The Force. That energy field that makes up the Universe, binds everything together. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter stick out tongue

SlightlyFlaccid
My knowledge of physics suffers because I've only had a single class of it (which was online, even in high school; which I BS'd) and I find most sciences to be naturally offputting. God bless the likes of Zampano and Blaxican for suffering through that sh1t; their diligence allows folks such as myself to slip through the cracks of education and into the blessed realm of ignorance.

If a Force user struggles lifting something the size of a car, it's because of the car's weight, is it not? Superman might be able to exert trillions of tons of Force, but it's not as if he weighs that and what, exactly, would he be using that strength against?

As an aside, we can bypass this all together: Hasn't Superman broken telekinetic grips of others? What is weight? Weight is an exertion of force. The force you create from throwing a punch isn't significantly different from the force of gravity.

How do they even come up with interesting stories for the guy.

They don't, basically. Once Superman hits a certain range of power DC hits the reset button and a crisis happens, after which he's significantly weaker than he was before.

Galan007
If a Force user struggles lifting something the size of a car, it's because of the car's weight, is it not? Superman might be able to exert trillions of tons of Force, but it's not as if he weighs that and what, exactly, would he be using that strength against? Speed begets mass. Even if Superman were only moving at the speed of light, he'd be packing a nigh-infinite amount of mass.

Lets see force-TK manipulate him then. stick out tongue

As an aside, we can bypass this all together: Hasn't Superman broken telekinetic grips of others? Superman has saved the entire omniverse (an infinite amount of universes in the world of comics) by simply vibrating his body. THAT'S how ridiculously uber he's written at times.

Although some how I doubt that is it, as someone is gna prove that Supes has complete and utter resistance to all kinds of telepathy (yawn). How do they even come up with interesting stories for the guy. I already proved that a few pages ago. Superman beat Dominus (a universal telepath/reality warper) on the mental plane. He would shrug off a telepathic assault from Palps/Vader, based on their respective feats in that area.

Superman is just one of those characters that has done pretty much anything you can think of. That's why it's so difficult to prove that any being without abstract-esque power can beat him. Personally, I don't care for him as a character, but somehow I'm quite familiar with his feats. sad

SlightlyFlaccid
I started to reply to the physics part, but then I got a headache and decided to eff it all.

On the telepath note, does Dominus have telepathic feats surpassing the Emperor's? Remember, Palpatine could manipulate the thoughts of millions (Coruscant, during the burial of the Lusankya) and billions on Byss.

Galan007
I started to reply to the physics part, but then I got a headache and decided to eff it all. Yeah the speed/mass ratio was only speaking from an "in comics" point of view. In DC comics, the closer a character moves toward the speed of light, the more their mass increases... All the way to infinity (lulz.) I can only say that with certainty because, well, Superman's done it (as have many others.)

On the telepath note, does Dominus have telepathic feats surpassing the Emperor's? Remember, Palpatine could manipulate the thoughts of millions (Coruscant, during the burial of the Lusankya) and billions on Byss. Dominus was telepathically controlling multiple realities, and rebuilding them to his whim. Once Superman mastered Torquasm-Vo (an ancient Kryptonian telepathic discipline) he was able to go toe to toe with Dominus on the mental plane. So yeah.

SlightlyFlaccid
Galan007
Dominus was telepathically controlling multiple realities, and rebuilding them to his whim. Once Superman mastered Torquasm-Vo (an ancient Kryptonian telepathic discipline) he was able to go toe to toe with Dominus on the mental plane. So yeah.

Interesting. I commend you for keeping up with this shit, it's damn near impossible to do it for Star Wars, let alone the comic world.

Galan007
Interesting. I commend you for keeping up with this shit, it's damn near impossible to do it for Star Wars, let alone the comic world. It took years to achieve my level of nerdery. sneer

SlightlyFlaccid
Galan007
It took years to achieve my level of nerdery. sneer

You are inspiration to us all.

Galan007
vin

Naga Sado
Originally posted by Fortitude
I don't get it. Who was raging boner?

What are current Supe's durability feats? At his height, not even the Death Star could do jack. I remeber that....I will have ta print it off.

Nephthys
I'm not a physics expert, but would one's physical strength increase one's ability to resist immobilization? If one is unable to move, how would one be able to apply such strength?

Superman doesn't need to physically move to apply force. He can fly, remember. And with enough force to reach lightspeed and pull planets.

According to ROT Force Stasis (which is what I assume we are talking about) manifests as an actual physical energy field.

Man I miss the good old OT days when "Size mattered Not!"

In any case Ive just remembered, Jedi/Sith can control the minds of the weak minded.

Yes before you all shout at me I know Supes is not weak minded, BUT there was a CW episode that showed a couple of strong Jedi can get together to control a Strong minded person. And if he resists it will just tear his mind apart.

So thats it, Palpatine and Vader put their powers together and tear Supes mind apart as a worst case scenario, and control him as a best case scenario. Palps and Vader win

Happy Dance

Although some how I doubt that is it, as someone is gna prove that Supes has complete and utter resistance to all kinds of telepathy (yawn). How do they even come up with interesting stories for the guy.

All they managed was to make him slightly edgy and freak him out. They couldn't even make him tell them a few secrets. Ad somehow they're coing to make Superman join the space nazi's? Nah.

Thats exactly what I'm going to do. In Emperor Joker Superman resisted the realtering of reality by sheer wll and was confirmed to have the strongest will in the universe.

DARTH POWER

All they managed was to make him slightly edgy and freak him out. They couldn't even make him tell them a few secrets. Ad somehow they're coing to make Superman join the space nazi's? Nah.

Yes he was able to resist the mind control, barely, but it was ripping his mind apart. Either way its a defeat.

Oh and btw that was Jedi, who dnt believe in torture. Imagine what Sith would do.

Nephthys
It sure as shit looked like they were torturing him to me.

Supermans mind is exponentially more powerful than that ass-clowns. Plus you assume he'll just stand there and let them mind trick him.

DARTH POWER
^ Well I was kind of assuming they wuld'nt just be standing in front of him. Vader and Sidious could be doing this from Vader's Super Star Destroyer.

And yeah it did look like they were torturing him, because him resisting the mind control of 3 Jedi, was tearing his mind apart!

But Ok if Supes has that much resistance to Mind Control as well (yawn) then it wnt work, but may slow him down.

Either way I still dnt see him taking down a whole empire spanning a Galaxy, through many different systems, all with different coloured Suns.

Btw In a He-Man crossover Skeletor took over Silver Age Supe's mind.

THis is all irrelevant. The man moves at the speed of light. No force user or starship in the entire mythos can stop him, even if they were all working together.

DARTH POWER
^ We're talking about a Fleet of ships. A fleet in each system possibly. Has Superman ever taken down an entire Intergalactic Empire? I doubt it. Thats just too much.

And Star Wars ships also travel at light speed. And its very rare when Supes actually fights at speeds of Light Speed or above. He's been hit enough times by slow pokes.

So Im sure huge Star Destroyers shooting thousands of lasers with tie fighters coming from all directions will be hitting him.

Nephthys
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
THis is all irrelevant. The man moves at the speed of light. No power in the 'verse can stop him.

Fixed.

DARTH POWER
Ok show a scan of him fighting at speeds beyond a Star Wars ship. Iv been on Superman threads before, so I know thats actually hard to prove.

He might take down a SD or 2, even a DS, but not a whole Empire.

Eminence
DARTH POWER
^ We're talking about a Fleet of ships. A fleet in each system possibly. Has Superman ever taken down an entire Intergalactic Empire? I doubt it. Thats just too much.
?

Michael Collins
A wormhole has opened and the Man of steel has arrived on Tattooine just as R2 and C3PO land and look for Ben in episode 4. Superman has wandered into Mos Eisley and is looking for a way home. He hears of a guy called Han Solo and goes to meet him just as Luke and Ben do. What happens if he teams up with Luke on the rescue mission for the Princess.
He does not need to skip from system to system conquering or annexing every piece of Imperial real estate in the name of Krypton. The end goal here really hasn't even been defined.

If Superman teamed up with the Rebel Alliance he could rip the Death Star in half and capture or kill Darth Vader before Obi-Wan has to die. The possibilities from there are fairly upbeat for the good guys.

Nephthys

Galan007
Also this:

-Superman-
"Now that I've sped up my senses to match Flash's speed, it's like the whole world has just frozen around us":
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/9351/speed1g.jpg
(Note the waitress beginning to fall in the background.)

Superman and Flash then go on to have a several-pages-long conversation. At the end of their 'meeting', the waitress, and all of the items she was carrying, are still hovering in the air around them:
http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/3773/speed2g.jpg
http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/1197/speed3.jpg
http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/9449/speed4rl.jpg
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/9971/speed5d.jpg
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2968/speed6h.jpg
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4310/speed7.jpg
(Solidifying Superman's comment.)

---

In the same issue, Superman actually caught Flash in a foot race (unprecedented):
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5195/speed8.jpg
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/2765/speed9.jpg

---

Why is the above important? Because it tells us that Superman can a.) move as fast as (if not faster than) Flash where pure speed is concerned, and b.) it tells us that Supes can speed up his senses to match those of Flash... And just how fast is Flash in those areas?

-Flash-
"I can think at the speed of light, I can perceive events that last for less than an attosecond, I can run faster than time. What do I see when I run across the country, Superman? I see everything and everyone":
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/42/speed10.jpg

Imo the GE would be destroyed before they ever knew they were being attacked.

Eminence
DARTH POWER
Ok show a scan of him fighting at speeds beyond a Star Wars ship. Iv been on Superman threads before, so I know thats actually hard to prove.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Lucien
As far as I can tell, there's not a single piece of equipment or technology fast enough, powerful enough, or durable enough to withstand the best of Superman. Maybe the Sun Crusher's hull. But try comparing "quantum-crystalline armor" from Star Wars to any material to DC and you get a debate of speculation that won't end.

But I just don't see even Sith or Jedi paired up with their tech. being able to stop Supes.

ares834
Superman is incredibly powerful and wins in this thread... But even he can't destroy a galaxy spanning Empire in seconds.

Lord Lucien
No. But he'll achieve it eventually. Guy's got time.

ares834
Oh for sure, IIRC he is still alive in 1000000 AD. I was just replying to Galan's statement which said he would win before the GE even knew what was happening.

Lord Lucien
I think he means in a single engagement, Superman would tear through every ship and obliterate them before they even knew what was going on.

Galan007
I think he means in a single engagement, Superman would tear through every ship and obliterate them before they even knew what was going on. thumb up

DARTH POWER
Ok Supes destroys the entire empire. Jeez why did Krypton even need spaceships or advanced technology?

Nephthys
They weren't this powerful under their own sun, which is red. Yellow sun radiation makes Kryptonians uber powerful.

DARTH POWER
^ But your talking about Supes taking on the Whole Galaxy Spanning Empire. Surely they'll be enough systems with red stars.

Also they should have just migrated to a system with a yellow star.

Nephthys
I've never seen a red sun in star wars. Plus they don't know about this weakness. Plus plus as you can see on page 3, Supes has a doesn't immediately lose his powers under a red sun. It probably takes some time for the red sun radiation to flush the yellow stuff from his system.

DARTH POWER
So once bathed from a Yellow sun he's basically a God no matter what sun he encounters after that.

Nephthys
Red suns weaken him, but not fast enough for him to just suddenly lose his powers in hard vaccum.

Galan007
Red suns weaken him, but not fast enough for him to just suddenly lose his powers in hard vaccum. Exactly.

Superman tanked multiple blasts of red sun radiation from a sun eater, flew into its red sun core to deploy the entropy bomb, and despite the radiation weakening him, he was still powerful enough to tank the subsequent detonation (which, again, was 50x stronger than a supernova.)

Spam hammer 2
Superman easily.

DARTH POWER
On the Comic Book "Verses" thread its hard to find examples of Superman speed blitzing (faster than light).. He blitz people several times the speed of sound a lot, but thats not very fast in comparison to SW ships.

So I dnt see him Blitzing an army of Star Destroyers with hundreds of Lasers shooting at him from all directions..

And I really dnt see him taking that much Fire Power either.. Supes got taken out by Hawkman using the power of the Earth's Magnetic field (or something).. So I dnt see him taking the combined Firepower of Several Star Destroyers and hundereds of Tie-Fighters..

Let alone single handidly defeat the entire Empire (which is bound to be made up of many systems with Red Suns as well)..

Show me an example of Supes (single handidly) defeating an alien army, and then Il rethink my stance on this.

Oh and also with all the resources at Palpatine's and Vader's command (which in comparison makes Lex Luthor's resources seem like kid's toys) they could easily find out Supe's weakness and make a bunch of Kryptonite weapons.

If this was Silver Age Supes then yes he would defeat the Empire easily, but not Current Supes. But I think everyone's over selling Current Supes here. If we are talking Current Comic Book Supes that is..

Also Animated Supes would'nt stand a chance, (in fact animated Supes would probably get defeated just by Darth Vader's Super Star Destroyer)..

And Movie Supes would go down too. In Superman 3 he gets knocked out by an Advanced Missile, and has trouble dodging a few rockets shot at him.. He does do the "Faster than Lightspeed" thing to turn back time at the end of Superman: The Movie, but he's never shown he can fight at those speeds.

Lord Lucien
On the Comic Book "Verses" thread its hard to find examples of Superman speed blitzing (faster than light).. He blitz people several times the speed of sound a lot, but thats not very fast in comparison to SW ships.Since when do Star Wars ships operate at light speed outside of Hyperspace?

Oh and also with all the resources at Palpatine's and Vader's command (which in comparison makes Lex Luthor's resources seem like kid's toys) they could easily find out Supe's weakness and make a bunch of Kryptonite weapons. How?

DARTH POWER
Since when do Star Wars ships operate at light speed outside of Hyperspace?

Thats what Im saying, Supes doesn't Blitz at Light Speed. The kind of Blitz's he does against single opponents who dnt move very fast will be a lot easier than Blitzing a whole System full of ships that must travel a lot faster than Super Sonic speeds.

And the hundreds of lasers they fire simultaneously wnt be easy to dodge.

How?

Same way Lex Luthor did??

The Empire has advanced technology and thousands of scientists to work out Superman's Origin, and weaknesses.

Lord Lucien
Thats what Im saying, Supes doesn't Blitz at Light Speed. The kind of Blitz's he does against single opponents who dnt move very fast will be a lot easier than Blitzing a whole System full of ships that must travel a lot faster than Super Sonic speeds.

And the hundreds of lasers they fire simultaneously wnt be easy to dodge.I recall someone once posting a scan of a comic in which Silver-age Superman is flying so fast that he was literally weaving in and out of radiation. The TIE Fighter's in-atmosphere max speed is just under Mach 1. Frankly if a bunch of regular human pilots can fly those ships and dodge those lasers, then Superman will have no trouble.

Same way Lex Luthor did??

The Empire has advanced technology and thousands of scientists to work out Superman's Origin, and weaknesses. Yeah. How? In four years, these same scientists couldn't work out a brilliant plan to trap one tousel-haired kid who actually relied on the same predictable physics as them. And I wasn't aware that Krypton was in the Star Wars galaxy--where is the Empire gonna find the (literal) pieces of his weakness, and how are they going to get close enough to him to examine what makes him tick (or stop ticking)?

DARTH POWER
I recall someone once posting a scan of a comic in which Silver-age Superman is flying so fast that he was literally weaving in and out of radiation.

If this was Silver Age Supes then yes he would defeat the Empire easily, but not Current Supes.

The TIE Fighter's in-atmosphere max speed is just under Mach 1. Frankly if a bunch of regular human pilots can fly those ships and dodge those lasers, then Superman will have no trouble.

That slow?! Really? Dnt we have jet fighters on Earth which are faster?

Still Several Star Destroyers shooting hundreds of lasers, as well as hundreds of tie fighters would not have a problem hitting him. He's been hit by much much slower and fewer opponenets.

Black bolt z
Sans a direct hit from the death star, the empire gets utterly annihilated.

Lord Lucien
That slow?! Really? Dnt we have jet fighters on Earth which are faster? Yeah, I thought that was weird too.

NTJack0
A slowly expending force bubble in Superman's brain will end it.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by NTJack0
A slowly expending force bubble in Superman's brain will end it. Has anyone is star wars ever actually done this? Because it seems like it would be a more used tactic if it can be done.

Harbinger
^ Whoever tried it would get their head melted off of his shoulders, anyway.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Harbinger
^ Whoever tried it would get their head melted off of his shoulders, anyway. The Jedi would be doing this from the other side of the galaxy. On a weekend. On a holiday. In the bathroom. While peeing/waiting to sneeze.

Duh.

moggo09
i like it

Raptor22
Except supes is as durable on the inside as he is on the out. And what Jedi can even lift a paperclip with the force from across the galaxy, never mind galaxy spanning, super, brainexploding, death bubbles

playa1258
Jedi Have hard time beating General Greivous, a opponent Superman would one shot.

truejedi
yeah, superman would win. and regarding the red sun/yellow sun thing: That makes ZERO scientific sense considering the difference between a red star and a yellow star.

Zampanó
Not necessarily. The specific wavelength of radiation...

nah, your rite. Superman science is silly.
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:T_eEkBAn-PUJ:www.qwantz.com/fanart/superman.pdf+science+of+superman+inertia&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESg_tzCv- P71VZwQXbWUgAzn0o6MBbOxemaDr7lnmnrovFA9bf8IXZaYz0D
C5TH1w2fayw7YnGibPcX2YmXYzTQkvXChpDJtBc354tPGvKIHv
0JuvuuchoUGDA4n3ke6takqIpxp&sig=AHIEtbTy89dNxYNlbeE1xdcHjvXVdU9HOQ

DARTH POWER
Nobody ever said it makes sense, but thats the way it is. Considering The Empire will have its mix of Yellow and Red Stars I really dnt see him taking down the whole empire single handed.

Especially when One Billionaire with the limited resources of a backward planet like Earth has almsot taken him down plenty of times (Lex Luthor).

Ushgarak
Star Wars characters only, thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.