Who is the best sniper?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi

KingD19
Cougar should be on here as well. But It's Wesley, he shot dude from across the city, and around people.

Esau Cairn
Well Wesley's father would be more to the point, especially based on the graphic novel rather than the film.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by KingD19
Cougar should be on here as well. But It's Wesley, he shot dude from across the city, and around people. With a Remington 700?

jaden101
No. with a far less capable gun.

Tell you what though. it's certainly not the chick from Predators. she had 1 difficult shot to make on the alien that was chasing the doctor and she missed.

jaden101
I also find it highly amusing that you choose a rifle that Swagger just happens to use on several occasions in Shooter. Not that you're trying to get a certain outcome of course. much

Lestov16
Originally posted by KingD19
Cougar should be on here as well. But It's Wesley, he shot dude from across the city, and around people.

thumb up at both comments

Lestov16
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Well Wesley's father would be more to the point, especially based on the graphic novel rather than the film.

Wesley from the graphic novel would rape anyone here with no effort whatsoever.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jaden101
I also find it highly amusing that you choose a rifle that Swagger just happens to use on several occasions in Shooter. Not that you're trying to get a certain outcome of course. much Shit, total mind fart there.....

OK, help me name a gun then?

Rogue Jedi
Let's go with the Dragunov:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragunov_sniper_rifle

7.62mm caliber with a Leupold 6.5-20x50 Long Range scope.

http://www.qualityriflescopes.com/Leupold-65-20x50-Long-Range-Target-30mm-Matte-Fine-Duplex-66575-p-16169.html

Each sniper has two 10-round box magazines.

Better?

Rogue Jedi
No. with a far less capable gun. Not true. It was a variant of a Jezail rifle, as you said in another thread, but obviously extremely altered. It wasn't a musket. Also, the bullet used was custom made for longer flight time. 6 foot barrel ffs.

Well, I couldn't think of anyone else. Feel free to make a suggestion.

the ninjak
Charles Bronson's character in the Magnificent Seven.

Killed a dude with a six shooter hell far away.

As for the list the Wanted chaps were supernatural.

Darth Martin
How about the fine handsome young Nazi chap from Inglorious Basterds?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Darth Martin
How about the fine handsome young Nazi chap from Inglorious Basterds?

Do movies within movies count as feats on this thread?

I say it was just propaganda! wink

Rogue Jedi
No, no and no.

Lestov16
Cross Gibson and/or Wesley Gibson

If we are talking versatility on a realistic battlefield, Bobby Lee Swagger

Rogue Jedi
I wanna say Swagger, but I keep having flashbacks from "Enemy at the Gates" and "Sniper." Then you got Jackson.

Don't count Rambo out, his stealth is unparalleled.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I wanna say Swagger, but I keep having flashbacks from "Enemy at the Gates" and "Sniper." Then you got Jackson.

Don't count Rambo out, his stealth is unparalleled.

what are his sniper feats?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Lestov16
what are his sniper feats?

Here, deleted scenes don't usually count, but I'm sure Matt will make an exception.

PxXu8c-BNnE&feature=related

Rogue Jedi
Then there's Ding Chavez.

siriuswriter
This is Wesley, all the way. He can bend his shot. And this is the city where they tried to heal that soldier's leg? Inside the abandoned warehouse? Or are you talking toward the beginning of the movie, the place that was like a circle of ruins?

Well, either place, Wesley takes it. He's got plenty of stuff to use to shield himself - and all that mind-pounding training will keep him on point, plus the kid hardly feels pain.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by siriuswriter
This is Wesley, all the way. He can bend his shot. And this is the city where they tried to heal that soldier's leg? Inside the abandoned warehouse? Or are you talking toward the beginning of the movie, the place that was like a circle of ruins?

Well, either place, Wesley takes it. He's got plenty of stuff to use to shield himself - and all that mind-pounding training will keep him on point, plus the kid hardly feels pain. No, he never curved a bullet while sniping. In order to curve a bullet, one had to make a certain curving gesture with their gun. He never did this with a sniper rifle. Wesley fired the bullet at an upwards angle. It traveled upwards for a while, then straight, then began it's downwards trajectory at the end. Bullet through his scope, he'll feel that just fine.

Besides, the ammo played a part in the bullet's flight path. Regular ammo here. Also, his opponents will not be standing still on yellow and red X's. Wesley will never see them. 47 has a much better chance than Wesley here.

Yes, the entire city, let's say a 2 mile square area.

jaden101
Let's go with the Dragunov:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragunov_sniper_rifle

7.62mm caliber with a Leupold 6.5-20x50 Long Range scope.

http://www.qualityriflescopes.com/Leupold-65-20x50-Long-Range-Target-30mm-Matte-Fine-Duplex-66575-p-16169.html

Each sniper has two 10-round box magazines.

Better?

Hitman used a dragonov during the movie.

use imfdb to find something.

RE: Blaxican
Wesley easily is the best sniper in this bunch.

Lestov16
Oh great. Another 20 page argument about how Swagger's (based in reality) feats somehow prove him more competent than snipers who are, by Swagger's viewpoint, able to bend the laws of physics to their whim. It's like a virus. It consumed it's own thread into closing, a mutated spore overtook what would have been a cool thread about a assassinations, and the resurrection of that thread from 2 years ago instantaneously led to the creation of this one

Rogue Jedi
Oh great. Another 20 page argument about how Swagger's (based in reality) feats somehow prove him more competent than snipers who are, by Swagger's viewpoint, able to bend the laws of physics to their whim. It's like a virus. It consumed it's own thread into closing, a mutated spore overtook what would have been a cool thread about a assassinations, and the resurrection of that thread from 2 years ago instantaneously led to the creation of this one Calm down.

Actually I think Swagger will have a hard time winning this.

Rogue Jedi
Hitman used a dragonov during the movie.

use imfdb to find something. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_PSG1.

One 20 round mag and the scope I mentioned?

Lestov16
Calm down.

Actually I think Swagger will have a hard time winning this.

mad

meh

Happy Dance

But I'd probably give it to either Wesley (if I were trying to hit a target from an far distance) or Bobby (if I were engaging multiple targets in one area)

jaden101
From the location Vasili has the destroyed urban sniping down well so is a contender but i wonder how him the German and the guy from saving private Ryan would fare with modern rifles. Not even sure how suited mogadishu is to long range sniping. All things considered my money would be on Zaitsev in these conditions. As for the most skilled. it's still Wesley. none of the others could even dream of making his shot.

BruceSkywalker
wesley ftw

Rogue Jedi
From the location Vasili has the destroyed urban sniping down well so is a contender but i wonder how him the German and the guy from saving private Ryan would fare with modern rifles. Not even sure how suited mogadishu is to long range sniping. All things considered my money would be on Zaitsev in these conditions. As for the most skilled. it's still Wesley. none of the others could even dream of making his shot. Vasili is a contender, definitely. I gotta rewatch his movie, ****in epic.

Vasili, Konig, Swagger, Chavez, Beckett, Jackson, I can't decide. Honestly, at this point, I'm leaning towards a Beckett/Swagger showdown. Little more towards Beckett.

47 has an outside chance if he plays his cards right, as does Riggs and Rambo. Isabelle dies, as does Wesley and the Vietnamese whore.

Lestov16
But that's the thing you do not seem to comprehend.

Wesley isn't just some dude who can make a longer shot than Swagger. He's shown at various points in the film he has the reflexes (end gun fight, assassinations), precision (shooting the wings off of flies), and ability to sharpshoot at long range (do I need to say it), all of which mixed together will most certainly create a superhuman sniper that Bobby would have no chance against in a sniper duel.

OT: I really, really wish they can make a film about Simo Hayha so i could put him in fights here.

and note, Swagger is technically the better sniper because he is versatile in all the military sniping disciplines, but that does not mean he's beating Wesley in a sniper duel. Superpowers>training

Rogue Jedi
and note, Swagger is technically the better sniper because he is versatile in all the military sniping disciplines, but that does not mean he's beating Wesley in a sniper duel. Superpowers>training No, superpowers do not >>>>>training in a sniper duel. Read the first page, look at the equipment issued. They all have the same rifle and the same ammo. Wesley cannot pull off the shot he made with a regular rifle and regular ammo.

This is why this thread is win, equipment does not decide the winner, skills do.

BTW, 47 did not make a 2 mile shot. Care to know how I came to this conclusion?

Lestov16
Read the first page, look at the equipment issued. They all have the same rifle and the same ammo.

Wesley cannot pull off the shot he made with a regular rifle and regular ammo.

That would suck for him if that's what we we're debating. Of course he can't pull off that same shot, but the point that I (and everyone else) is trying to make is, if he can accurately tag Freeman from that distance, how do you not expect him to tag Swagger from the much shorter distance you stated

This is why this thread is win, equipment does not decide the winner, skills do.

Indeed, sir, indeed.

What skills do you need to be a sniper anyways? Let's talk about those.

You love quoting wiki's, so let me quote something from the big one itself

You need to have damn good accuracy and precision. Wesley's accuracy is to the point that he can tag a man square in the heart with a handgun while passing on a moving train. Do you know how accurate you have to be to do that? There is a .5 second opportunity to make that shot perfectly and he did it with ease. He didn't have to calculate shit, he could do it intuitively. Hell, his accuracy is to the point that he can tag the individual wings off of a mosquito and still leave it alive.

You need to be able to tag multiple targets. Wesley (with handguns) was able to tag multiple hostiles while avoiding hostiles at once and shoot his way throughout the whole damn building. With handguns. What makes you think that because you've given him a sniper rifle, his extremely fast (AKA SUPERHUMAN) reflexes are suddenly going to decrease into nothing?

The only thing Swagger has on Wesley is camouflage. Oh wait, no he doesn't. Wesley's vision and hand-eye coordination is to the point where he can determine the exact point to shoot a bullet to destroy the wings but not destroy the fly. You think he won't spot Swagger?

so

No, superpowers do not >>>>>training in a sniper duel.

http://tessaquin.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/rejected-300x287.jpg

R.J, this is what you have to realize. Wesley doesn't work within the same physics as Swagger. The physics that govern him allow him to make shots so accurate that he can shoot wings off flies without killing them, which is impossible by the physics Bobby works off of. Bobby is only a human. Gibson is NOT

BTW, 47 did not make a 2 mile shot. Care to know how I came to this conclusion?

Nah. I never found 47 to be that impressive to begin with

Darth Truculent
If we're talking about realism, then Swagger takes this because a Remington 700 (aka M40) is the standard sniper rifle of the US Military. The Vietnamese girl from FMJ was using an AK which is an automatic, so therefore that has to tossed out. The recoil of a .308 would knock her on her ass anyway. The world record for a long distance shot was made by a Canadian in Afghanistan (1.5 miles) and he used a .50 caliber Barrets. Vassili was using a 7.62mm which is similiar to to M14.

My opinion is Swagger.

jaden101
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
The world record for a long distance shot was made by a Canadian in Afghanistan (1.5 miles) and he used a .50 caliber Barrets. Vassili was using a 7.62mm which is similiar to to M14.

Actually It's now a British sniper called Craig Harrison who made a shot in Afghanistan that was 49 yards longer than Rob Furlong's (the Canadian)...Actually Craig hit 2 Taliban gunners at that distance...

Neither of them used a .50 Barrett though...Harrison used a .338 Accuracy International L115A3 and took 9 ranging shots before hitting the target 1st time...Furlong used a MacMillan TAC-50

But he can make it with a 200 year old rifle????

Bouboumaster
Smith from "Shoot 'Em Up" and he handle everybody's ass without a sniper. Just a simple hand gun.

Rogue Jedi
That would suck for him if that's what we we're debating. Of course he can't pull off that same shot, but the point that I (and everyone else) is trying to make is, if he can accurately tag Freeman from that distance, how do you not expect him to tag Swagger from the much shorter distance you stated See, you're talking about making a shot against a target who is: Unaware they are being targeted, standing right where the sniper wants them to for ten seconds, and not actively searching for the sniper.

Here, the other snipers know who is out there and will go stealth. If Swagger, Beckett and Chavez go stealth, no way in hell Wesley is gonna find them.

Look at Chavez:

UypqH0dkRAI

Now, quote me a scene in Wanted where Wesley displays that he has what it takes to find Chavez with a sniper rifle.

Lulz, it takes more than aim, dude. Much more. Stealth, infiltration, observation techniques, that's just a few.

Handgun precision and rifle precision, apples and oranges.

Fail.

Ahahahaa Wesley never tagged multiple targets with a sniper rifle. You are assuming that he can.

Swagger, Chavez and Beckett did.

Again with the handgun feats. Stop.

What I just said. Shooting the wings off flies has absolutely nothing to do with sniping.

Sure?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Smith from "Shoot 'Em Up" and he handle everybody's ass without a sniper. Just a simple hand gun. True haermm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.