Magneto vs Galactic Empire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARTH POWER
A lot of metal around of Magneto to crush.

Nephthys
A lot of stormtroopers to kill his ass.

DARTH POWER
^ With what? Metal guns?

And you do realise Comic Mags has forcefields right?

ares834
Mags dies.

Naga Sado
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ With what? Metal guns?

And you do realise Comic Mags has forcefields right? metal??there armor is made out of plastic,thermal detonators,well he can catch those all he wants.But vader will come out and this will go either of two ways..........
1.vader will use the force to kill him before he even realizes he entered
2.magneto kills vader.........

OR......

1.emporer electricutes him to death
2.___________________________

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Naga Sado
metal??there armor is made out of plastic,thermal detonators,well he can catch those all he wants.But vader will come out and this will go either of two ways..........

OR......

...Or a large reindeer flies out of your corn-hole and saves Christmas.

Lord Lucien
Is Magneto just starting off an a planet while the entire Imperial fleet points its guns at him from high orbit? Then he dies, quickly.

DARTH POWER
Magneto starts it. He's appauled at the Sith Tyranny and wants to switch it for a mutant controlled galaxy.

His force fields are up as he's in space facing an imperial fleet.

1) How does he face up against an Imperial fleet. Star Destroyers, Super Star Destroyers, tie fighters, the lot.
2) If he can defeat the Imperial fleet, he faces Palpatine. (Assuming Palpatine would want to face someone whose just taken down an Imperial fleet) Who lives? Who dies?

DARTH POWER
metal??there armor is made out of plastic,thermal detonators,well he can catch those all he wants.

Im sure their guns arnt made out of plastic. Either way stormtroopers wnt be taking down magneto lol.

But vader will come out and this will go either of two ways..........

I just dnt see Vader surviving an encounter with Magneto being pretty much made of metal.

Well Storms lightning cant effect Magneto so Im not sure what Force Lightning would do to him.

ares834
Then the planet he is on is death star'ed. Yeah, it's a verb.

Lord Lucien
I don't know much about Magneto beyond the films, but can he so easily move hundreds of thousands of tons metal at such distances? While they're firing explosive beams of plasma at him?

Fortitude
How is Magneto going to gather support in a galaxy without mutants? How is he going to assemble a military force? Magneto is not noticed until he starts causing trouble, when he gets BDZ'd from orbit. If Magneto's powers extend that far, park some ISD's beyond the star system and blow him to bits.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I don't know much about Magneto beyond the films, but can he so easily move hundreds of thousands of tons metal at such distances? While they're firing explosive beams of plasma at him?

In comics a limit hasn't been shown yet to the weight/amount of metal he can control.

He also has a forcefield that can withstand multiple nuclear bombs. The forcefiels was in the 90's animation as well. In that show he was able to make his own city in space.

Im just thinking everything in SW is made up of so much metal, it would be an all you can eat buffet for him.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Fortitude
How is Magneto going to gather support in a galaxy without mutants? How is he going to assemble a military force? Magneto is not noticed until he starts causing trouble,

If he's crushing star destroyers he will be noticed quite quickly.

Iv not really thought about how he's gna gather support. Through fear I guess. A guy who could toss around a Death Star and crush any weapon in the galaxy would be quite scary.

Lord Lucien
In comics a limit hasn't been shown yet to the weight/amount of metal he can control.

He also has a forcefield that can withstand multiple nuclear bombs. The forcefiels was in the 90's animation as well. In that show he was able to make his own city in space.

Im just thinking everything in SW is made up of so much metal, it would be an all you can eat buffet for him. What about distance?

And I recall from previous threads concerning Halo and their nuclear payloads that Star Wars weapons (and shields) had energy outputs much, much greater than nuclear warheads.

Fortitude
Lucien is correct. An ISD's HTL's have yields into the teraton range; a single shot from an AU away would kill Magneto before he has a chance to mess with the ISD.

But if the Empire is stupid and sends ground troops to crush Magneto, they're going to have serious issues.

RE: Blaxican
Magneto recently used his powers to catch a multi-hundred ton bullet that was moving at the speed of light, and was several hundred lightyears away from Earth, and he then slowed it down, reversed its direction, and pulled it back to Earth in a matter of days.

In another instance, he's shut down every electrical device on the planet at once. His shields have withstood multiple nuclear weaons going off at once, and he can fly in space.

He can create wormholes and teleport across the planet on a whim.

So, ultimately he would win. It would take forever, as the GE has thousands of ships, but he would win eventually.

And as far as the turbolasers, I think you guys have forgotten that a SD's turbolasers are designed to destroy cities and capital ships. They're nigh useless against starships, much less a man. There's no way in hell an SD is hitting a man-sized object with its turbolasers.

SlightlyFlaccid
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Magneto recently used his powers to catch a multi-hundred ton bullet that was moving at the speed of light, and was several hundred lightyears away from Earth, and he then slowed it down, reversed its direction, and pulled it back to Earth in a matter of days.

I'm rather fond of Magneto (based on Sir Ian, Fassbender, and the charming portrayal of the character in X-Men: Evolution), but that's some overpowered sh1t right there. I don't understand what's so appealing about comics.

Every mythos suffers from power creep if it lasts long enough. We've all watched as force powers went from a mostly subtle mystical energy thing to essentially magic in speyce. Marvel/DC's mythos has had 30-40 more years to get that power creep going.

DARTH POWER

In another instance, he's shut down every electrical device on the planet at once. His shields have withstood multiple nuclear weaons going off at once, and he can fly in space.

Oh yeah! I completely forgot he could do that as well! I think an imperial fleet would be in serious trouble against him.

Originally posted by SlightlyFlaccid
I'm rather fond of Magneto (based on Sir Ian, Fassbender, and the charming portrayal of the character in X-Men: Evolution), but that's some overpowered sh1t right there. I don't understand what's so appealing about comics.

Well you have to remeber comics have been developing the character for decades. And with a bad ass like Mags the more powerful they make him, the more appealing it can be.

Buuut... On the other hand.. As powerful as he is.. Is there anything to stop Palpatine from Force Choking him?? After all under the Force field he's still just a mortal.

Utrigita

He can create wormholes and teleport across the planet on a whim.

So, ultimately he would win. It would take forever, as the GE has thousands of ships, but he would win eventually.

And as far as the turbolasers, I think you guys have forgotten that a SD's turbolasers are designed to destroy cities and capital ships. They're nigh useless against starships, much less a man. There's no way in hell an SD is hitting a man-sized object with its turbolasers.

thumb up

Plus his shield tanked a attack from Galactus, who himself, effortlessly can wipe out the entire star wars galaxy in a flash.

Stealth Moose
Good points there. Yeah, peak Magneto would probably be able to crumble ISD's into balls and bowl them at Death Stars. If the thread assumes Mags knows of the Empire's structure and tactics, they literally have no chance. If he's in the dark about their powers, they could conceivably bombard him and destroy the planet while he was systematically killing TIE fighters or something.

Lord Lucien
Use the Galaxy Gun on him in a sneak attack, maybe. Though he'll probably detect it firing somehow.

Can a weapon designed to hit planets and large ships hit a man sized object with no heat signature from across the solar system? no expression

Lord Lucien
Can it destroy the planet he's standing on in a blink of an eye if he doesn't know it's coming?

True!

Stealth Moose
Galaxy Gun has metal. QED.

Lord Lucien
It would be pretty cool to see all the metal in the galaxy being twisted and ripped apart all at once.

Borbarad
Couldn't Sidious just summon a force storm in Magneto's face?

Nephthys
Or Vader could choke his shit from across the galaxy*.

*How far was that guy away again? Wasn't he just on the same ship or something?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Nephthys

More chance Magneto would crush Vader in his metal suit.

Although Vader Force choking over the view screen was some bad ass s***! One of the most powerful feats we have in the movies imo..

Palpatine on the other hand..

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Nephthys

*How far was that guy away again? Wasn't he just on the same ship or something? Shadows of the Empire had him choking Xizor from thousands of lightyears away, though I think there was a still a visual hologram, that might be necessary for him. Galactic Battlegrounds had him choking the Reytha governor with only audio though.

axel_jovan
Magneto is no Superman.
Empire wins.

DARTH POWER
^ No Superman but still pretty damn invincible.. Plus he has the advantage of the Empire being pretty much made of metal.

axel_jovan
But where does Magneto start this fight?
Is he on some planet, waiting for the Empire to attack?

True, he can take down ships in Starkiller-style from the TFU trailer, but then Emipre just gets rid of him by firing a Death Star.

If he battles in space, then it's another story altogether.

Still, perhaps Vader or Sids can force choke him from a lightyears distance? Or Sids force-storms him?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by axel_jovan
But where does Magneto start this fight?
Is he on some planet, waiting for the Empire to attack?

He could be on a ship.. Even if its not a powerful ship, he could help protect it with his forcefields, while crushing any approaching ship.

True, he can take down ships in Starkiller-style from the TFU trailer, but then Emipre just gets rid of him by firing a Death Star.

The Death Star takes minutes to charge up in which time Mags would turn it into a tin can..

Still, perhaps Vader or Sids can force choke him from a lightyears distance? Or Sids force-storms him?

Yeah this is possible.. I actually think Force choke might be more effective, as Mags force fields could still protect him against a Force Storm.

axel_jovan
The Death Star takes minutes to charge up in which time Mags would turn it into a tin can..
Be mindful that the Death Star is a size of a small moon.
I am not that much familiar with Magneto's feats, can he pull of such demonstration of power?

Yeah this is possible.. I actually think Force choke might be more effective, as Mags force fields could still protect him against a Force Storm.
Yeah, I think in this fight force ultimately wins.

Lord Lucien
Be mindful that the Death Star is a size of a small moon.
I am not that much familiar with Magneto's feats, can he pull of such demonstration of power? Read Blax's post.

axel_jovan
Ah, yeah,
The bullet thing is da sh*t.

Still, force choke FTW!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.