Bane Vs Gorilla Grodd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Grodd can't use TP or TK. Bane on Venom, who wins?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/66037/1715564-fp_grodd_cv1_rgb_large.jpeg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/64507/1768115-bane_large.jpg

marmilado
bane but only if they fight in spain during a rain and the fight takes place on a train

Bentley
Gorilla Grod eats him. And not in a good way.

Uriel005
Grodd rams his fist down banes throat unless this is the bane that snapped batmans back...

BlackZero30x
The Grodd of War FTW

marmilado
when bane fights without the venom he relays on his skills and can even match batman as far as skills, but when bane is on venom he is too cocky and he lets the strength do all the job for him and this is where he is going to get owned by the ape

JakeTheBank
Grodd.

Prep-Man
How does Grodd win so easily?

Q99
Originally posted by Prep-Man
How does Grodd win so easily?

Grodd, most of the time, is shown with mucho super strength. He can toss a car multiple stories into a building, break free of a steel prison-transport, shrug off hundreds of punches, etc..

Sometimes he's shown weaker, like when Nightwing's done well against him and on a weaker showing Bane could do well, but Grodd's a solid physical powerhouse most of the time in addition to being a mental one.

Omega Vision
Grodd is Class 50-low Class 100 from all I've seen.

According to DC Wikia Bane with Venom can lift 35 tons...but I've never seen anything to back that up. I think its just a case of a wiki using an obscure handbook.

Uriel005
Generally I put Bane in at about 15-20 tons when he was ridiculously jacked out on venom and about 2-5 tons on average.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Uriel005
Generally I put Bane in at about 15-20 tons when he was ridiculously jacked out on venom.
What feats suggested he had that strength?

I personally wouldn't be surprised if he had 10-15-20 ton strength on venom, IMO he should have that kind of strength to make it impressive, it's just I can't recall any instances where he displayed that level of strength.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Grodd is Class 50-low Class 100 from all I've seen.

According to DC Wikia Bane with Venom can lift 35 tons...but I've never seen anything to back that up. I think its just a case of a wiki using an obscure handbook.

thumb up

Grodd should obliterate Bane in melee, to be honest.

Uriel005
What feats suggested he had that strength?

I personally wouldn't be surprised if he had 10-15-20 ton strength on venom, IMO he should have that kind of strength to make it impressive, it's just I can't recall any instances where he displayed that level of strength. I think he pushed a train from when he got knocked through one once. IDR the specifics though.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Uriel005
I think he pushed a train from when he got knocked through one once. IDR the specifics though.
Well specifics would make all the difference stick out tongue

After all there are cases of RL humans pulling/pushing train cars.

Lifting a train car though would prolly be a Class 5-20 feat.

CosmicComet
Well specifics would make all the difference stick out tongue

After all there are cases of RL humans pulling/pushing train cars.

Lifting a train car though would prolly be a Class 5-20 feat.

Nah, train cars can be much heavier than that, especially if they are loaded.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Nah, train cars can be much heavier than that, especially if they are loaded.
More than 20 tons? Even if unloaded?

Huh. Perhaps I should do some research...

Edit: Wow, according to one source the average freight car is 30 tons unloaded.

leonidas
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
thumb up

stronger to some degree, i'd say likely faster as well, not to mention the teeth and claws. too many physical edges for grodd. he also has pretty good damage soak.

he just does this:

http://imageshack.us/f/4/sr4p15.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/706/sr4p16.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/171/sr4p17.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/121/sr4p18.jpg/

grodd is one vicious, tough mofo.

Prep-Man
thumb up

Should, but probably won't. Hourman is capable of the same strength feats, but lost to Bane in hth combat. Both Hourmen. Bane also defeated Killer Croc as well.

JakeTheBank
Should, but probably won't. Hourman is capable of the same strength feats, but lost to Bane in hth combat. Both Hourmen. Bane also defeated Killer Croc as well.

Hourman should beat Bane for the majority, though, imo, in the forums.

jrodslam
GG.

Omega Vision
Killer Croc is pretty variable.

At his best he's a poor man's Lizard.

JakeTheBank
I think Croc's best was in "Hush" after he was further mutated, too.

cdtm
Grodd should win, but to be fair to Bane,if he can get up after being knocked out of a house a good distance, even carving a path in the dirt, by a Miraclo jacked up Hourman II, when he was off the venom, on venom he should be able to make a fight out of it before losing.

cdtm
Hourman should beat Bane for the majority, though, imo, in the forums.

And besides, Bane stalled for time until the Miraclo wore off, before seriously fighting him.

Although he still took one punch while he was amped, and got up.

leonidas
Originally posted by cdtm
Grodd should win, but to be fair to Bane,if he can get up after being knocked out of a house a good distance, even carving a path in the dirt, by a Miraclo jacked up Hourman II, when he was off the venom, on venom he should be able to make a fight out of it before losing.

yep, i agree. it wouldn't be easy for grodd, but too many physical advantages i think. he is a beast though and each fight would be pretty good i think.

Prep-Man
I think it would be a good fight. GG isn't far superior in the strength department and he's not as good of a fighter as Bane. One of the only things going for him, is his insane damage soak, but Bane can probably work around that as he's done before.

Uriel005
I think it would be a good fight. GG isn't far superior in the strength department and he's not as good of a fighter as Bane. One of the only things going for him, is his insane damage soak, but Bane can probably work around that as he's done before. then again Grodds taken quite a few solid shots from supes iirc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.