Darth Maul and Darth Sidious vs. Jedi Galen Marek and Rots Obi Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
Who wins?

Lord Lucien
Palpatine would floor Obi-Wan and Marek would overwhelm Maul. Leaving Palpatine to once again mop up Marek. Sith win.

Or, Palpatine would slowly work down Marek (again), while Obi-Wan eventually defeats Maul. Obi pulls a Deus Ex out of his utility belt and throws his lightsaber at Palpatine before he can deliver a mortal blow to Marek, who subsequently uses the distraction to surprise-stab/zap Palpatine in to death/submission.

If it's the latter, Obi-Wan pulls a Kota and advises him not to kill Palpatine, and the Force Unleashed ending happens all over again.

Naga Sado
The later as of above.I think ob1 would kill maul allowing him to aid Galen who was keeping palpatine at bay(according to force unleash game play 1)But from there I cannot say.ob1 is defensive while marek is offensive.This will be a hard chioce...

axel_jovan
It really depends which version of Sids is this.

If it's RotS Sidious, then this is a close match-up (though I give an edge to the Sith team).
If this is OT+ Sidious, Sith win handily.

Nephthys
^ thumb up

This is a good match. I'd probably give ROTS a slight edge over Marek and the same (or larger, wtevr) for Obi-Wan over Maul.

Yeah, definately depends upon which incarnation this is.

Stealth Moose
This is clearly Sidious as he was at ten years old, in which case Obi-Wan scolds him for using a lightsaber, and Marek gets killed by Maul.

Jinsoku Takai
Whether Obi Wan was around to assist GM or not doesn't matter. Kenobi is a complete non-factor when it comes to dealing with Sidious. Sidious was clearly toying w/ GM in their duel on the Death Star - any time Sidious chooses to end GM, he will.

Nephthys
....... If its OT Sidious.

axel_jovan
^ I concur.

I don't see RotS Sidious toying with SK.
Sids will ultimately win, but not as easily as his older, more powerful self.

All-out: Sith team wins.

SlightlyFlaccid
I could see Marek ragdolling Maul with the Force and Sidious doing the same to Obi-Wang.

axel_jovan
Whcih will lead to Sids vs. Marek once again, which Sids will eventually win.

ares834
I'm going with the Jedi. Close match though.

Jinsoku Takai
As stated before, Obi Wan in a non-factor for Sidious (RotS OR OT).

Lord Lucien
Especially OT.

ares834
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
As stated before, Obi Wan in a non-factor for Sidious (RotS OR OT).

Why? Sids would win handily but I'm not sure why he should be destroyed in seconds.

IMO Starkiller also would be able to effortlessly destroy Maul.

Also if Starkiller engages Sids and Maul engages Kenobi I don't see the Sith escaping that one alive. Sk should be able to hold of Sids until Kenobi finshes of Maul at which case the two double team Sids.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by ares834
Why? Sids would win handily but I'm not sure why he should be destroyed in seconds.

IMO Starkiller also would be able to effortlessly destroy Maul.

Also if Starkiller engages Sids and Maul engages Kenobi I don't see the Sith escaping that one alive. Sk should be able to hold of Sids until Kenobi finshes of Maul at which case the two double team Sids. Obi Wan's inability to defend against Sidious' FL and TK attacks will render him a non-factor.

ares834
Obi Wan's inability to defend against Sidious' FL and TK attacks will render him a non-factor.

When has Sidious ever resorted to TK immediatly upon entering a fight? Also Kenobi is shown to have the abilty to defend against lightning, Sidious would be able to eventually overcome him but not immediatly.

Jinsoku Takai
First of all, he doesn't have to resort to TK as soon as the fight begins, but I'll tell you that whenever he chooses to do so, Kenobi is gone.

Second, Dooku's FL =/= Sidious' FL. While not a gimme, I'd surmise that Kenobi would have FAR greater trouble holding off Sidious' FL than he would have w/ Dooku.

Third, Kenobi STILL has done nothing to indicate (to me at least) that he can defend against Sidious' swordplay.

Nephthys
Windu could barely hold back Sidious' FL. I doubt the physically and Force strengthally inferior Kenobi could so much as replicate that.

ares834
First of all, he doesn't have to resort to TK as soon as the fight begins, but I'll tell you that whenever he chooses to do so, Kenobi is gone.

In which case Kenobi would not be a non-factor.

Sure. Which is why I said he would eventually be overcome.

Kenobi is perhaps the most skilled maste rof Soresu ever. He also managed to take on AniVader in a fight. Sidious will defeat him but it's not going to be instantly.

Nephthys
AniVader is now the canonal name of that incarnation.

It sounds like a weedkiller and that pleases me.

Jinsoku Takai
Kenobi is perhaps the most skilled maste rof Soresu ever. He also managed to take on AniVader in a fight. Sidious will defeat him but it's not going to be instantly. Let me reiterate; Kenobi has shown nothing that makes me think he can hold off Sidious' swordplay for more than a few brief seconds.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Nephthys
AniVader is now the canonal name of that incarnation.

It sounds like a weedkiller and that pleases me. I dunno, VadeAkin sounds pretty cool.

DARTH POWER

"Not Powerful enough are you to fight this Emporer"

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

Yeah, I mean if Sidious tore through three accomplished swordsmen in a matter of seconds, then Kenobi shouldn't prove to any more difficult (If he is, then it's by a very small margin).

Q99
Yeah, I mean if Sidious tore through three accomplished swordsmen in a matter of seconds, then Kenobi shouldn't prove to any more difficult (If he is, then it's by a very small margin).

He can be more difficult and still be not near powerful enough to face Sids.

I mean, what good does being able to hold him off for 30+ seconds in sabers (but not the force), then die, do anyone?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Q99

I mean, what good does being able to hold him off for 30+ seconds in sabers (but not the force), then die, do anyone?

But the fact is Sidious can dispose of him anytime he wants with the Force. And even in Sabers only, Sidious will win without any real difficulty regardless of the number of seconds Kenobi lasts.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Q99

Not really sure what you're saying here.

Q99
But the fact is Sidious can dispose of him anytime he wants with the Force. And even in Sabers only, Sidious will win without any real difficulty regardless of the number of seconds Kenobi lasts.

Granted.

Not really sure what you're saying here.

Just because he'll lose, doesn't mean he'll lose as easily as Mace's squad did.

ares834

Sure. But that doesn't mean he would be torn apart in seconds.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Q99
Granted.

Just because he'll lose, doesn't mean he'll lose as easily as Mace's squad did.

Oh but he would.

Quotes aside, I've seen NOTHING that suggests Obi Wan Kenobi lives up to the hype of being the "GREATEST DEFENSIVE DUELIST EVER." ..............Nothing.

Lord Lucien
It's accurate to say the RotS novelization really boosted that title of his.

ares834
And for good reason. Both Dooku and Anakin were unable to pierce through his defenses. Comparatively Fisto loses to to Ventress.

SlightlyFlaccid
That's not a fact, actually. Simply because Dooku can do something doesn't mean Sidious can. And what proof exists that Sidious is actually on par with Dooku?

Nephthys
Proof? How quaint.

SlightlyFlaccid
4 reelz

Q99
And for good reason. Both Dooku and Anakin were unable to pierce through his defenses. Comparatively Fisto loses to to Ventress.

Yea, the Anakin fight really shows it. Anakin's an incredibly powerful offensive duelist, and Obi-wan was able to hold a defense for several minutes.

Fisto's good, but defense isn't his strongest suit and Anakin would've won that one.

I'm of the opinion that if Obi-wan had been with Mace instead of Fisto, Palpatine would've gone down because Obi-wan would've survived the initial blitz long enough for Windu to cut in.

SlightlyFlaccid
Q99
I'm of the opinion that if Obi-wan had been with Mace instead of Fisto, Palpatine would've gone down because Obi-wan would've survived the initial blitz long enough for Windu to cut in.

Likely. Any man capable of getting his ass kicked by Count Dooku is pretty much good enough to co-thrash Darth Sidious.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by SlightlyFlaccid
. And what proof exists that Sidious is actually on par with Dooku?

Lol

1)When has Dooku ever had trouble with Obi-Wan's defences? Only in the novel while simultaneously fighting off a "Destroyer Droid with a Lightsaber"

And the same novel has Dooku penetrating Kenobi's defences with a kick to the face knocking him down, so point is moot.

2) According to both Nick Gillard and the ROTS novel, Anakin and Obi-Wan both knew each other's lightsaber moves inside out, which is why neither of them could get through each other's defences. Not to mention Anakin at that point was clearly no where near as effective a fighter as when he trounced Dooku.

3) Ventress has also put Obi-Wan down while fighting off Anakin.

Jinsoku Takai
...Any man capable of getting his ass kicked by Count Dooku is pretty much good enough to co-thrash Darth Sidious.

What the f**k?

Nephthys
Lol, sarcasm fail.

axel_jovan

SlightlyFlaccid
JT
What the f**k?

I'm sure you could ask either Stealth_Moose or Borbarad if you don't believe me; their answers ought to satisfy you.

ares834
That's not a fact, actually. Simply because Dooku can do something doesn't mean Sidious can. And what proof exists that Sidious is actually on par with Dooku?

Your name change is clearly appropriate.

ares834
1)When has Dooku ever had trouble with Obi-Wan's defences? Only in the novel while simultaneously fighting off a "Destroyer Droid with a Lightsaber"

And the same novel has Dooku penetrating Kenobi's defences with a kick to the face knocking him down, so point is moot.

Dooku himself admits Kenobi's soresu mastery is second to none and he is unable to penetrate his defense... And a kick to the face hardly equates to a saber to the body... Regardless it's noncanon anyway.

Sure. But Anakin was still strong enough to casually destroy a Jedi Weapon Master one handed and, if the RotS game (or even BF 2) is anything to go by, likley butchered numerous Jedi. So he clearly is still a highly capable duelist. So it's still a ridiclously good feat.

When?

SlightlyFlaccid
ares834
Your name change is clearly appropriate.

I don't get it. no expression

What did the b1tch tell you?

Nephthys
To be fair, you are being kinda limp lately. Try actually debating for once you butt!

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
To be fair, you are being kinda limp lately. Try actually debating for once you butt!

Arguing the same nonsense gets so old, Nepy. I come here for the off topic chatter and gentle humor.

Nephthys
The only thing old around here is you!

Go back to the old folks home grandpa!

Leave the threads to the young if you're not even gonna do shit.

SlightlyFlaccid
Originally posted by Nephthys
The only thing old around here is you!

Go back to the old folks home grandpa!

Leave the threads to the young if you're not even gonna do shit.

sad

Nephthys
Smell ya later gramps!

SlightlyFlaccid
smile

Nephthys
http://www.memecenter.com/uploaded/131aca6167e44d3495b81d1d9010ceb51.jpg

ur old and thats funny

DARTH POWER
Dooku himself admits Kenobi's soresu mastery is second to none and he is unable to penetrate his defense...

He never says second to none. And when was he unable to pentrate his defence? While he was fighting off Anakin, who was clearly too powerful for Dooku even by himself.

And a kick to the face hardly equates to a saber to the body... Regardless it's noncanon anyway.

And in the movie at no point whatsoever does he struggle against Kenobi. So thats not canon either. Not to mention he never even fights him one on one. Only fights him while he's fighting Anakin.

And the point is the thought of Dooku that Obi-Wans defence is too good is in the novel. Whilst the novel itself contradicts that notion by the kick to the face. So either way the point is moot.

Sure. But Anakin was still strong enough to casually destroy a Jedi Weapon Master one handed and, if the RotS game (or even BF 2) is anything to go by, likley butchered numerous Jedi. So he clearly is still a highly capable duelist. So it's still a ridiclously good feat.

The fact that he can lift a Jedi Temple Statue, at that time, but later can not overpower Ob-Wan's Force Push shows he was not fighting at that level anymore.

Still I agree it is a feat for Obi-Wan, but considering the circumstances not enough to give Dooku or Sidious any trouble (Sabers wise) IMO.

When?

Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWK6VWqZrCc

At 1:10 Not only is he kicked flat on his ass, but he's also disarmed of his weapon. Only Anakin being there saved him there. She also proves to be a superior Force user by Force choking him.

SlightlyFlaccid
I think what the gentlemen are trying to get at, DP, is that while Obi-Wan might not best the good Count in a strict contest of lightsabers, his prodigious defense will ensure that the fight isn't a quick one.

Silly idea, I realize, given what we've come to learn about Dooku and his nigh-cosmic powers.

Nephthys
Count Motherfvcking Dooku.

DARTH POWER
I think what the gentlemen are trying to get at, DP, is that while Obi-Wan might not best the good Count in a strict contest of lightsabers, his prodigious defense will ensure that the fight isn't a quick one.

I think it started off with Obi-Wan being a factor against Sidious, then to Obi-Wan lasting a fair amount of time in a strict fencing match against Sidious, and now to how amazingly well Obi-Wan did against Dooku in Sabers which I just see no evidence for.

The best evidence in Obi-Wan's defence is what Ares pointed out about how long he lasted against Sith Anakin. (Although I do feel there were different circumstances to that fight)

As for a fencing battle against Dooku not being a quick one.. It didn't take long for Ventress to kick Obi-Wan on to his butt in their latest fight, so im not entirely convinced that he could last particularly long against Dooku or Sidious in a strict fencing match.. (Remember how powerful Dooku's kick against Anakin was..)

In fact since the CW animation Iv not seen great evidence to put Obi-Wan in a different tier to Kit Fisto..

But im open minded and will welcome someone proving me wrong : )

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.