pick on FOX NEWS time...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tru-marvell
pick on FOX NEWS time...

Steven Kull, the director of WorldPublicOpinion.org, wrote us after the story appeared to say that testing for lack of knowledge is not enough. "We analyzed the effect of increased exposure to news outlets. We found that with all other outlets, increased exposure generally resulted in less misinformation. However, for Fox viewers, on nine points of information, increased exposure correlated with increased misinformation. This was true of only one point of information for public broadcasting and MSNBC viewers, and two points of information for network news. This effect was found in the 2003 study as well. Fox viewers were the only group for whom increased exposure resulted in greater misinformation."

In other words the more u watch FOX NEWS the more IGNORANT you become...rotfl.............

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2011/jun/21/readers-sound-about-our-false-jon-stewart/

inimalist
I often think this is putting the cart before the horse

people watch fox because it confirms their own beliefs, not because it teaches them new things. I'd imagine the majority of Fox viewers, if they switched to other news networks, would remain as ill informed

Robtard
You damn liberals make it seem like Fox News is the only network that purposely edits their interviews to change the viewpoint of a guest they wish to smear, or the oh so clever tactic of putting a "D" next to the name of any given Republican politician caught in a scandal. Please.

tru-marvell
perhaps...but I also feel that there are "on the fence" ppl who are sorta trapped (lead astray) by highly biased "news" outlets. Is it their fault given how available information is today? Could be, but I place the lion share of blame on those who are supposed to be our informers not on the hear-er (sp)

tru-marvell
Originally posted by Robtard
You damn liberals make it seem like Fox News is the only network that purposely edits their interviews to change the viewpoint of a guest they wish to smear, or the oh so clever tactic of putting a "D" next to the name of any given Republican politician caught in a scandal. Please.

Not even what this is about....read the the linked article. Fox is doing a lot more than giving a diff perspective....

inimalist
Originally posted by tru-marvell
perhaps...but I also feel that there are "on the fence" ppl who are sorta trapped (lead astray) by highly biased "news" outlets. Is it their fault given how available information is today? Could be, but I place the lion share of blame on those who are supposed to be our informers not on the hear-er (sp)

thats not really in line with human psychology though...

people seek out things that conform to things they already want to hear, and are instantly dismissive of that which they don't. Fox didn't create a fan base, they provided what a large portion of people wanted.

by your argument, there would have been no politically ignorant people were there no new-network to mislead them, when it is almost certainly the other way: there have always been politically ignorant people who simply are looking to have their misguided views reinforced.

Now, you might have a point if we talk about specific issues (like, did Iraq have WMDs), as it is likely many people didn't have opinions on issues until they saw them on Fox news, but the idea that Fox is creating or responsible for the fact that people are uninformed, rather than the idea that uninformed people seek out things like Fox, seems completely unfounded to me.

For instance, I'm sure you don't consider yourself among the uninformed. Do you think watching Fox news for a week, non-stop, would make you misinformed? conversely, do you think the average Fox viewer would become less misinformed if they watched CNN?

Robtard
Originally posted by tru-marvell
Not even what this is about....read the the linked article. Fox is doing a lot more than giving a diff perspective....

Fox News is fair and honest, it's right there in their title.

ADarksideJedi
Why can't for once CNN always be picked on?CNN only sides with Dems and Fox News actly if you watch it side with both sides.So what news channel sounds better?

inimalist
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Why can't for once CNN always be picked on?CNN only sides with Dems and Fox News actly if you watch it side with both sides.So what news channel sounds better?

one that doesn't side with any part of the political establishment?

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by inimalist
one that doesn't side with any part of the political establishment? Says the Al-Jazeera slave. uhuh Shut up you terrorist.

Robtard
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Says the Al-Jazeera slave. uhuh Shut up you terrorist.

No, no, no and no. He's a butt-slave to 'The Young Turks', get it right.

Symmetrical Chaos is the Al- Jazeera apologist.

Bardock42
Nah, inimalist was all Al Jazeera, before he went all Young Turks.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42

What you said doesn't counter what I said.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
What you said doesn't counter what I said. Profiled haermm

Bardock42

That is completely incorrect. FOX has a severe Republican bias, much more than the bias any other main news station has. Not only that, they also have the bias in their actual news items, which leads to FOX News viewers being the least informed viewers.

inimalist
Originally posted by Bardock42

I think it is actually the opposite of that...

we just don't talk a lot about the things AJE covers vs the things TYT covers. and tyt is generally a 2-6min video with some attempt at humour, vs the longer segments on AJE.

TYT wishes it deserves mention in the same sentence as AJE

Bardock42
I think it is actually the opposite of that...

we just don't talk a lot about the things AJE covers vs the things TYT covers. and tyt is generally a 2-6min video with some attempt at humour, vs the longer segments on AJE.

TYT wishes it deserves mention in the same sentence as AJE

Well, you used to post more Al Jazeera vids/articles, now more TYT. Probably for the reasons you stated.

inimalist
I think having way less time to watch internet vids probably plays into it as well

Darth Jello
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/how-roger-ailes-built-the-fox-news-fear-factory-20110525?page=1

Summary: Fox News is run by Eric Cartman and has become the primary force of Managed Democracy and is now the controlling force behind the Republican Party.

Omega Vision
As I recall PBS was the least biased major news outlet in America. And IIRC it wasn't a close contest either, NBC, CNN, ABC, and Fox were all pretty biased for one side or the other.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Omega Vision
As I recall PBS was the least biased major news outlet in America. And IIRC it wasn't a close contest either, NBC, CNN, ABC, and Fox were all pretty biased for one side or the other.

Most public radio and tv is the least biased but it always has a left lean. Sometimes, it is very neutral and at others, you can tell it's a slight left lean.

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
Most public radio and tv is the least biased but it always has a left lean. Sometimes, it is very neutral and at others, you can tell it's a slight left lean.

"Reality has a well known liberal bias"

ADarksideJedi
Alot of tv shows and movies are mosty very liberal in there own ways.There is barely any conservence shows out there.Sad but true.

Darth Jello
Alot of tv shows and movies are mosty very liberal in there own ways.There is barely any conservence shows out there.Sad but true. It's no one's fault that reality seems to have a liberal bias. http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/actual-news-headlines-vs-fox-news-headlines

King Kandy
I'm on vacation, but I think this bit of info settles the case, and I just had to come to post this.

WX4i1u8V7Hg

King Kandy
Originally posted by dadudemon
I disagree. By international standards they are smack in the center.

Darth Jello
Can we start posting actual headlines and then making up our own Fox News headlines based on them?

Mindship
With 3 sides to a story ('yours', 'theirs' and the truth), by watching Fox and CNN, at least I'm getting 2/3s.

King Kandy
Fox and CNN are hardly opposite viewpoints... I don't think either one even remotely expresses my views (or the truth).

Mindship
Originally posted by King Kandy
Fox and CNN are hardly opposite viewpoints... I don't think either one even remotely expresses my views (or the truth). They're close enough to suit my needs (as opposed to a friend of mine, who guards his Republican / Fox = Oracle POV, like a Bible-thumper defends a literal interpretation). As for the truth...much tougher nugget to unearth (if at all possible).

King Kandy
How are they close enough to serve your needs? They are both conservative networks. How do they give you "2/3rds" of the necessarily viewpoints?

Mindship
CNN strikes me as being far less conservative, or perhaps better, not Republican-slanted. Eg, they don't Obama-bash.

Grate the Vraya
I'm on vacation, but I think this bit of info settles the case, and I just had to come to post this.

WX4i1u8V7Hg ouch busted. I wonder if Fox responded to this?

inimalist
How are they close enough to serve your needs? They are both conservative networks. How do they give you "2/3rds" of the necessarily viewpoints?

they are both "conservative" by international standards

CNN is incredibly nationalistic too...

ideological bias isn't really the issue though is it? it's possible to be biased and still rpesent core facts competently, the quality and factual acuraccy of that garbage is the problem. then again I only watch it for the lulz adn to measure how close to that level of degeneration the media in my country has gotten. on average, I think we're half way there already

they are both "conservative" by international standards

CNN is incredibly nationalistic too... thumb upit's bizarre how a big chunk of the american left would pass for right everywhere else in the world

Gadabout
posting this because it's funny and true...lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMZgC-aidZA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.