Count Nefaria vs. Ethan Edwards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Inspired by zopzop's respect thread.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/57606/1228161-nefaria004.jpg

vs.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/13536/339125-145426-ethan-edwards.PNG

zopzop
LOL, woot poor Ethan getting some attention big grin

If it's "classic" Nefaria, the one who was throwing Thor and Hulk around like rag dolls, Ethan loses everytime (although he'd put up a good fight) sad

If it's "current" Nefaria, the one that Wolverine supposedly tooled, it's Ethan all the way! smile

StiltmanFTW
NA had a plan to beat Nefaria. Logan's claws tend to cut through anyone, Carol has that energy absorption thing... what really didn't make sense to me was Cage's punch. He should have no-sold it.

Anyway, going by that showing, Ethan seems to have higher durability against both blunt and piercing damage, but still not as impressive strength/speed.

zopzop
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
NA had a plan to beat Nefaria. Logan's claws tend to cut through anyone, Carol has that energy absorption thing... what really didn't make sense to me was Cage's punch. He should have no-sold it.

Anyway, going by that showing, Ethan seems to have higher durability against both blunt and piercing damage, but still not as impressive strength/speed.

This is true, but seeing as how he was a complete noob with his powers and the fact that they were improving with use, I think Ethan had some untapped potential.

Like in the scans I posted, Reed measured him going as fast as the Torch then literally 24 hours later he was at Mach 3 and Reed mentioned that surpassed his earlier tests.

But thanks for the Nefaria info, I still can't believe Wolverine did that kind of damage to him.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by zopzop
This is true, but seeing as how he was a complete noob with his powers and the fact that they were improving with use, I think Ethan had some untapped potential.

Like in the scans I posted, Reed measured him going as fast as the Torch then literally 24 hours later he was at Mach 3 and Reed mentioned that surpassed his earlier tests.

But thanks for the Nefaria info, I still can't believe Wolverine did that kind of damage to him.

He definitely has. He surpassed Thing in strength, too... didn't he? I mean, the bio you posted says he can lift 100 tons and no handbook rated Ben that high, as far as I know.

When Logan's claws fail, it's usually because of high-end invulnerability, censorship or writer's armor (most strikes end up as glancing blows so the character he's fighting against won't die). Granted, cutting the shit of Nefaria is one of his greatest feats.

zopzop
He definitely has. He surpassed Thing in strength, too... didn't he? I mean, the bio you posted says he can lift 100 tons and no handbook rated Ben that high, as far as I know.

Yup and more importantly than the handbook (which mentioned that his father made him more powerful than even the Super-Skrull, since it was Ethan's father that created the Super-Skrull in the first place), it was mentioned on panel by Reed as he was deciphering the information stored on Ethan's ship.

That's what makes Ethan's durability against them even more impressive IMHO. Wolverine has cut Savage Hulk, Thor, Wrecker, Thing, and others with those things.

StiltmanFTW

Yup and more importantly than the handbook (which mentioned that his father made him more powerful than even the Super-Skrull, since it was Ethan's father that created the Super-Skrull in the first place), it was mentioned on panel by Reed as he was deciphering the information stored on Ethan's ship.

I see. There's a scan of that in your thread?

That's what makes Ethan's durability against them even more impressive IMHO. Wolverine has cut Savage Hulk, Thor, Wrecker, Thing, and others with those things.

Yes, it does. Other guys worth mentioning are WWH (whose durability was stated on panel to be on higher lv), Thanos with the Power Gem, Namor, Abomination, Iron Man... the list is quite long.

Ethan did not get a single scratch from what we can see no expression Sure his blood is green, but there are no stains on the costume. And Reed in the past used adamantium-tipped needles on Hulk. With Ethan he said he couldn't get a blood sample because of his invulnerability.

zopzop
I see. There's a scan of that in your thread?

Yes sir :
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/4626/mksm16ffsxtvp021.th.jpg

Yup he wasn't affected by the claws at all. In fact you can see Wolverine's slash attempted on Ethan in one of the scans and Ethan didn't flinch or cry out in pain.

StiltmanFTW

Yes sir :
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/4626/mksm16ffsxtvp021.th.jpg

Yup he wasn't affected by the claws at all. In fact you can see Wolverine's slash attempted on Ethan in one of the scans and Ethan didn't flinch or cry out in pain.

Ah yes, forgot about it. Super Skrull was Class 100 himself. So Ethan's strength should have been rated "7" actually...

"Mighty shield" didn't hurt him either. Looks like Cage budged him with Spidey's help in one panel. He still took that hit better than Nefaria though laughing out loud

Pity Marvel forgot about the character. I'd rather read stories with him than Sentry.

zopzop
The funniest thing is, people are overlooking his healing power as an offensive weapon. He was turning the Thing into a normal human being before the other members of the FF jumped in and saved him. It didn't even take 10 seconds.

Imagine that power against other heroes that got their powers by being irradiated like the Hulk (Ben and the rest of the FF were irradiated by cosmic rays, the Hulk gamma rays).

WWH : I'm the strongest one there is!

EE : Here let me heal you

WWH : HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!.................oh sh.t!

StiltmanFTW
Haven't thought of that. Yeah, it would be much better to have him around during WWH saga than Sentry stick out tongue

Deadline
The funniest thing is, people are overlooking his healing power as an offensive weapon. He was turning the Thing into a normal human being before the other members of the FF jumped in and saved him. It didn't even take 10 seconds.

Imagine that power against other heroes that got their powers by being irradiated like the Hulk (Ben and the rest of the FF were irradiated by cosmic rays, the Hulk gamma rays).

WWH : I'm the strongest one there is!

EE : Here let me heal you

WWH : HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!.................oh sh.t!

I don't think that would work. Comparing Thing to WWH....yea.

StiltmanFTW
Healing powers work better against gamma radiation than energy drain.

But yeah, he'd need to have a feat of that calibre first if we could seriously consider that, I guess.

StiltmanFTW
bump

abhilegend
Nefaria is shit now. Ethan FTW.

StiltmanFTW
Neither of them could no-sell a punch from the mighty Cage laughing out loud

zopzop
Neither of them could no-sell a punch from the mighty Cage laughing out loud
Neither could Namor in the ocean :
http://www.geekrest.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/comic_namor_cage_avx_issue_2.jpg
I hope Marvel goes bankrupt...........again.

StiltmanFTW
In Uncanny X-Men there is a panel in which Cage actually draws blood from Namor underwater rolling on floor laughing

He cracked Doom's armor, too...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.