Gabriel Belmont vs. Kratos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Both are promised their beloveds back if they prevail. Which hate filled anti hero prevails here ?

NemeBro
Kratos pulls his face off and makes Gabriel eat it while Kratos makes them spoon.

Kratos is the big spoon.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
Kratos pulls his face off and makes Gabriel eat it while Kratos makes them spoon.

Kratos is the big spoon. Do you think Kratos would easily best him ?

NemeBro
Read my post, and use deductive reasoning to figure it out.

Burning thought
I would say so, I dont know what Belmont has done in the DLC's but in the games he has nothing much to face Kratos with, he is bested in almost every way save perhaps if you give him the mask from God.

quanchi112
Read my post, and use deductive reasoning to figure it out. At least you're consistently wrong.

Originally posted by Burning thought
I would say so, I dont know what Belmont has done in the DLC's but in the games he has nothing much to face Kratos with, he is bested in almost every way save perhaps if you give him the mask from God. He's become a lot more powerful since the game.

NemeBro
How much more powerful little one?

Demonic Phoenix
Enough to easily pwn a being that stalemated him previously. Kratos still wins though.

NemeBro
So Kratos still is the big spoon.

Good to know.

Burning thought
Belmont does not even have any special abiltiies to give him an advantage here iirc.

quanchi112
How much more powerful little one? A LOT more powerful but even pre this he was still powerful enough to kill Kratos it just always depended on what happened in the battle skill wise.

Belmont does not even have any special abiltiies to give him an advantage here iirc. He doesn't need really any special abilities to get the job done here. It won't be easy but both have the goods to get the w here but at the end of the dlc I see Gabriel as just too much on average for even kratos.

NemeBro
Prove it. Feats or gtfo.

Nephthys
Can't Kratos just whip out the Medusa head and kill him in about a second? If so, stomp.

NemeBro
He could just smack Gabriel in the face and separate his head from his shoulders.

quanchi112
Prove it. Feats or gtfo. Are you saying Gabriel isn't stronger enough to injure Kratos again ? Please tell me you're past that whole juvenile level of thinking.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Can't Kratos just whip out the Medusa head and kill him in about a second? If so, stomp. Please tell me you aren't serious.

Nephthys
I dunno. Am I?

TheAuraAngel
You didn't specify gear Quan so Kratos has it. Among many other things in his arsenal. Not that he needs them.

quanchi112
I dunno. Am I? Good you were being sarcastic. I'm relieved.

Nephthys
I'm super serious. no expression

What stops him from instakilling Bellend with it?

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
You didn't specify gear Quan so Kratos has it. Among many other things in his arsenal. Not that he needs them. All gear most have had throughout the series they usually have with them so Kratos has his sword, gauntlets from Herc, freddy gloves from Heph, wings, head from Helios, etc while Gabriel has his combat cross, boots, wings, gauntlet, etc.

quanchi112
I'm super serious. no expression

What stops him from instakilling Bellend with it? Who has it insta killed ?

NemeBro
Originally posted by quanchi112
Are you saying Gabriel isn't stronger enough to injure Kratos again ? Please tell me you're past that whole juvenile level of thinking. So I cannot help but notice you did not post a single reason Gabriel would win.

Get out. Leave my thread.

Nephthys
I was under the impression that it petrified all those it looks at. I'm also assuming that Bellgit hasn't shown any resistence to petrification.

quanchi112
So I cannot help but notice you did not post a single reason Gabriel would win.

Get out. Leave my thread. He has the weapon, the strength, and the power to get the job done. If you played through the game you'd realize his strength and skill has him killing vaslty stronger beings the entire game including Cornell and this was all pre powered up.

It's also my thread, sport.Originally posted by Nephthys
I was under the impression that it petrified all those it looks at. I'm also assuming that Bellgit hasn't shown any resistence to petrification. It's been a while since I went through the first two gow's so I was just asking for clarification of who this beat to proceed from there.

TheAuraAngel
All gear most have had throughout the series they usually have with them so Kratos has his sword, gauntlets from Herc, freddy gloves from Heph, wings, head from Helios, etc while Gabriel has his combat cross, boots, wings, gauntlet, etc.

Kratos gives his weapons to Gabriel so the fight will be more fair. And then he'll proceed to kill him with his bare hands.

NemeBro
He has the weapon, the strength, and the power to get the job done. If you played through the game you'd realize his strength and skill has him killing vaslty stronger beings the entire game including Cornell and this was all pre powered up.

It's also my thread, sport. So no real argument, no elaboration, just pathetic lathering of your disgusting body against the keyboard that happens to form words.

Leave.

Demonic Phoenix
Kratos gives his weapons to Gabriel so the fight will be more fair. And then he'll proceed to kill him with his bare hands.

ermmlaugh Win.

quanchi112
Kratos gives his weapons to Gabriel so the fight will be more fair. And then he'll proceed to kill him with his bare hands. Gabriel could also kill Kratos with his bare hands and doesn't need outside weapons unlike what you may think.

So no real argument, no elaboration, just pathetic lathering of your disgusting body against the keyboard that happens to form words.

Leave. I understand you are one of those feats I need feats to argue I grasp the portrayals and understand the feats along with them. If Gabriel shoves something through the dark lycan head it just shows he can do so but that doesn't necessarily mean he will have the opportunity against Kratos. Both guys have shown a real knack for killing their foes with their own weapons along with their enemies.

Gabriel stakes the carmilla on top of a castle and this still doesn't put her down and has shown the skill to catch Pan's blade tosses while impaling him the moment after he caught them.

Kratos is in for the fight of his life and Gabriel's extreme powerup after resurrection and reverie makes this his fight.

I think I'll stay.

NemeBro
I understand you are one of those feats I need feats to argue I grasp the portrayals and understand the feats along with them. If Gabriel shoves something through the dark lycan head it just shows he can do so but that doesn't necessarily mean he will have the opportunity against Kratos. Both guys have shown a real knack for killing their foes with their own weapons along with their enemies.

Gabriel stakes the carmilla on top of a castle and this still doesn't put her down and has shown the skill to catch Pan's blade tosses while impaling him the moment after he caught them.

Kratos is in for the fight of his life and Gabriel's extreme powerup after resurrection and reverie makes this his fight.

I think I'll stay. So nothing that even implies he can harm Kratos.

Good game Quan, get out.

TheAuraAngel
Gabriel could also kill Kratos with his bare hands and doesn't need outside weapons unlike what you may think.

Kratos takes punches from a dude who has supported the planet before while said dude was wearing metal fist thingys. Gabriel's best strength feat?

quanchi112
So nothing that even implies he can harm Kratos.

Good game Quan, get out. You're arguments are cute. It's odd how your mind thinks Kratos is some uncuttable powerhouse who is so strong even blades just hurt themselves on his diamond like skin.

Zeus didn't seem to have a problem cutting right through him now did he ?

I'll tell you what. I imagine and hope you are a lot stronger than a five year old girl. Here's the thing. Give her a knife and see if she can cut into your skin. Now with all your superstrength I'm sure you'll just need a new knife but more than likely common sense will seep into your brain and you'll realize your arguments reek of illogical fanboyism.

Now you can kindly leave I want to be alone with Shin and gloat in this thread.

Nephthys
laughing

What?

quanchi112
Kratos takes punches from a dude who has supported the planet before while said dude was wearing metal fist thingys. Gabriel's best strength feat? Kratos' skin can still be pierced by far less than that. The problem here is the myth that super strength has anything to do with durability against sharp pointy objects.

Kratos can be pierced by anyone in the game by the way.

NemeBro
You're arguments are cute. It's odd how your mind thinks Kratos is some uncuttable powerhouse who is so strong even blades just hurt themselves on his diamond like skin.

Zeus didn't seem to have a problem cutting right through him now did he ?

I'll tell you what. I imagine and hope you are a lot stronger than a five year old girl. Here's the thing. Give her a knife and see if she can cut into your skin. Now with all your superstrength I'm sure you'll just need a new knife but more than likely common sense will seep into your brain and you'll realize your arguments reek of illogical fanboyism.

Now you can kindly leave I want to be alone with Shin and gloat in this thread. If a normal person takes a knife to Kratos, the blade will break.

Zeus has superhuman strength and uses god-made weapons to harm Kratos.

I'm probably stronger than you too Quan. smile Upon touching my skin the girl's soul would be forced from her body and annihilated while her body crumbles to dust. To be completely serious, the difference between me and a little girl, is not as large as the difference between Kratos and Gabriel. Try to cut a rhino with a pocket-knife.

No, I will stay, you leave.

Edit: For an actual feat, Kratos blocked the Blade of Olympus wielded by Zeus with the palms of his hands. So yeah.

quanchi112
If a normal person takes a knife to Kratos, the blade will break.

Zeus has superhuman strength and uses god-made weapons to harm Kratos.

I'm probably stronger than you too Quan. smile Upon touching my skin the girl's soul would be forced from her body and annihilated while her body crumbles to dust. To be completely serious, the difference between me and a little girl, is not as large as the difference between Kratos and Gabriel. Try to cut a rhino with a pocket-knife.

No, I will stay, you leave.

Edit: For an actual feat, Kratos blocked the Blade of Olympus wielded by Zeus with the palms of his hands. So yeah. So now Gabriel is a normal person ? LOL.

When has a blade ever broke against Kratos' skin to reinforce this claim ?

So you believe if it were a normal blade Zeus couldn't have been able to pierce Kratos in the same manner ?

Highly unlikely but I see my point has been made. You made a claim about super strength and you're super strong compared to a girl yet the knife can still easily cut you. Kratos isn't a rhino.

I can't wait until paste shows up and makes you cry.

On the edit.

Yes, he can block the blades with his hands but if you don't block them they pierce you exactly my point. Kratos has to use skill and strength he can't just shake off sword strikes by his diamond like skin.

NemeBro
So now Gabriel is a normal person ? LOL.

When has a blade ever broke against Kratos' skin to reinforce this claim ?

So you believe if it were a normal blade Zeus couldn't have been able to pierce Kratos in the same manner ?

Highly unlikely but I see my point has been made. You made a claim about super strength and you're super strong compared to a girl yet the knife can still easily cut you. Kratos isn't a rhino.

I can't wait until paste shows up and makes you cry.

On the edit.

Yes, he can block the blades with his hands but if you don't block them they pierce you exactly my point. Kratos has to use skill and strength he can't just shake off sword strikes by his diamond like skin. He may as well be. He will be similarly ineffective.

Generally no one tries to fight Kratos with a normal blade. He has feats that logically dictate this would occur however. For instance, if we see Superman lift a skyscraper, we can logically reason he can lift a sea monkey, even though he has never done so.

Oh ZEUS may have been able to, but Zeus is every bit as strong as Kratos is, maybe even a little more.

Because I am strong for a human, and durable for one. But not to that great an extent. Kratos is much more durable than a rhino, in fact, it is more appropriate to compare him to a condensed mountain of diamond, only not brittle.

Stab yourself in the palm of your hand. See what happens.

TheAuraAngel
Kratos' skin can still be pierced by far less than that. The problem here is the myth that super strength has anything to do with durability against sharp pointy objects.

Kratos can be pierced by anyone in the game by the way.

Sure, if you want to think that way. That doesn't mean Gabriel can kill him unless simulating the strength of Hercules. Which he probably can't.

Not factoring in Kratos' skill because he will probably not need it.

CosmicComet

Of course!

After all, a normal blade is nothing but steel or iron yes?

And of course neither of those things are as durable as Kratos. They would simply break against his skin with Zeus' strength behind the swing. smile

quanchi112
He may as well be. He will be similarly ineffective.

Generally no one tries to fight Kratos with a normal blade. He has feats that logically dictate this would occur however. For instance, if we see Superman lift a skyscraper, we can logically reason he can lift a sea monkey, even though he has never done so.

Oh ZEUS may have been able to, but Zeus is every bit as strong as Kratos is, maybe even a little more.

Because I am strong for a human, and durable for one. But not to that great an extent. Kratos is much more durable than a rhino, in fact, it is more appropriate to compare him to a condensed mountain of diamond, only not brittle.

Stab yourself in the palm of your hand. See what happens. So despite the super natural beings he's defeated through skill and strength he can't hurt Kratos ? There's no way you can even truly think this on your own.

So no blade has ever been resisted by Kratos so unlike superman lifting something heavier we have no feats of Kratos ever resisting a blade. See what I did there.

Even in the game you can have weaker enemies cut him if he doesn't resist. That's the point.

I have no idea how your mind really believes this to be true.

Unlike you I don't claim to have diamond like skin.

quanchi112
Sure, if you want to think that way. That doesn't mean Gabriel can kill him unless simulating the strength of Hercules. Which he probably can't.

Not factoring in Kratos' skill because he will probably not need it. Gabriel has hurt far stronger beings than himself and far more durable and those made of ice, dragon bone, and stone. He's even hurt someone who gets into lava like you or I would a pool.

He'll need his strength but in the end it won't be enough.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Of course!

After all, a normal blade is nothing but steel or iron yes?

And of course neither of those things are as durable as Kratos. They would simply break against his skin with Zeus' strength behind the swing. smile So despite no showings of Kratos ever resisting any blade you believe his skin will simply repel it ?

Nephthys
Could Gabriel hurt Thanos?

CosmicComet
Gameplay mechanics Quan. Understand the meaning of the term.

Kratos' skin has resisted Atropos' massive claws, Tanked being caught near the fulcrum of the Skorpio boss' scissor like claws, Tanked being bitten across his midsection by the Basilisk's super large and pointy teeth and tossed.

All of those are cutscene feats. And all of those are lower end feats than tanking Zeus' slashes twice.

Gabriel is not hurting him with a bladed weapon.

NemeBro
So despite the super natural beings he's defeated through skill and strength he can't hurt Kratos ? There's no way you can even truly think this on your own.

So no blade has ever been resisted by Kratos so unlike superman lifting something heavier we have no feats of Kratos ever resisting a blade. See what I did there.

Even in the game you can have weaker enemies cut him if he doesn't resist. That's the point.

I have no idea how your mind really believes this to be true.

Unlike you I don't claim to have diamond like skin. Supernatural beings? You think that means a ****ing thing? The Spectre is a "supernatural being," yet Gabriel nor anyone in Castlevania would have any hope of defeating, nay, inconveniencing the Spectre.

Blade of Olympus wielded by Zeus. Good game. Leave my presence.

Gameplay mechanics. Cute. Alex Mercer (Prototype) can get harmed by bullets in-game. Yet we see him easily tank them in cutscenes, as well as more impressive feats. Cutscenes take precedence, is no different with Kratos.

I'm smarter than you. Obviously.

So you are saying it would take diamond-like skin to resist a blade with your palms? Thanks for agreeing with Kratos' diamond skin. smile

quanchi112
Could Gabriel hurt Thanos? No, but Thanos is on a whole other league than any character we are discussing. People have actually broken blades against his skin which were said capable of killing gods so unlike here I have an example backing up my claim.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Gameplay mechanics Quan. Understand the meaning of the term.

Kratos' skin has resisted Atropos' massive claws, Tanked being caught near the fulcrum of the Skorpio boss' scissor like claws, Tanked being bitten across his midsection by the Basilisk's super large and pointy teeth and tossed.

All of those are cutscene feats. And all of those are lower end feats than tanking Zeus' slashes twice.

Gabriel is not hurting him with a bladed weapon. Yes, he can resist and survive these types of attacks but the combat cross would definitely hurt or cause him to bleed.

If Kratos sat there these attacks in the game would eventually kill him which is my point.

It's like saying I got stabbed but won the fight which doesn't translate into knives can't hurt me.

Nephthys
No, but Thanos is on a whole other league than any character we are discussing. People have actually broken blades against his skin which were said capable of killing gods so unlike here I have an example backing up my claim.

Kratos has tanked blades said to be capable of killing gods. Blade O' Olympus yo! :O

quanchi112
Kratos has tanked blades said to be capable of killing gods. Blade O' Olympus yo! :O He was brought back to life after it killed him. That isn't tanking it, bro.

Nephthys
He stopped it with his bare hands.

quanchi112
He stopped it with his bare hands. Yes, because if he didn't he was going to be killed. If someone in a swordfight stops a sword it's because the sword will kill them not because they can tank it. If he didn't stop it and let it stab him you'd have an argument.

NemeBro
Or he wanted to pull it from Zeus to use on him.

Like what happened.

Do note I am not saying the Blade of Olympus is incapable of killing Kratos, it is, but like Zeus it cannot so easily do so.

quanchi112
Or he wanted to pull it from Zeus to use on him.

Like what happened.

Do note I am not saying the Blade of Olympus is incapable of killing Kratos, it is, but like Zeus it cannot so easily do so. The reason it isn't easy is because Kratos has strength and skill to prevent it from easily happening just like Gabriel who runs into guys with far superior strength and speed aka Cornell early on in the game.

NemeBro
Zeus had to be repeatedly slashed and stabbed with it... To weaken him. no expression God of War 2.

quanchi112
Zeus had to be repeatedly slashed and stabbed with it... To weaken him. no expression God of War 2. I was talking about Kratos but like any boss you have to weaken them to be able to deliver the death blow. It's just like every other game.

Nephthys
I think he means outside of gameplay, lol.

quanchi112
I think he means outside of gameplay, lol. In gameplay we see Gabriel inflict damage in cinemas as well and continue to fight them until in a cinema you kill them. Carmilla survived being staked from the top of a castle and took damage prior to as well. This is just the norm for these types of games.

Nephthys
I have no idea what you just said.

quanchi112
I have no idea what you just said. The lord of shadow that gabriel faces in his game has to be attacked before being staked on the top of a castle in a cinema yet still presses on after all that damage takes place.

This means that any self respectable boss needs to be weakened through cinema in these games to be later killed just like Zeus.

NemeBro
Zeus in the actual, canon storyline, cutscenes and all, survives repeated stabbings and slashes from the Blade of Olympus.

quanchi112
Zeus in the actual, canon storyline, cutscenes and all, survives repeated stabbings and slashes from the Blade of Olympus. Yes, I know then is beaten to death by Kratos. Zeus is one tough sob but come on look at the end bosses guys like satan in this game, lucifer in dante's inferno, or the unforgotten one at the end of the dlc. They all are badass and survive the damage the heroes cause them until the end and guys like satan and lucifer even though they are defeated aren't defeated for all time like Zeus.

It it bleeds we can kill it.

NemeBro
Yes, I know then is beaten to death by Kratos. Zeus is one tough sob but come on look at the end bosses guys like satan in this game, lucifer in dante's inferno, or the unforgotten one at the end of the dlc. They all are badass and survive the damage the heroes cause them until the end and guys like satan and lucifer even though they are defeated aren't defeated for all time like Zeus.

It it bleeds we can kill it. Funny that Zeus is enormously more powerful than all of them combined.

quanchi112
Funny that Zeus is enormously more powerful than all of them combined. laughing out loud Not on your life. Any of these guys would beat him mercilessly. I mean Lucifer while impaled effortlessly just disintegrated death's scythe that dante had used on him. These type of guys want to challenge heaven itself.

Zeus in the end gets killed by bare fists.

NemeBro
laughing out loud Not on your life. Any of these guys would beat him mercilessly. I mean Lucifer while impaled effortlessly just disintegrated death's scythe that dante had used on him. These type of guys want to challenge heaven itself.

Zeus in the end gets killed by bare fists. Zeus got killed by the cosmic embodiment of hope, an abstract.

Lucifer is a pussy. Satan a pussy.

Zeus' showings are enormously more impressive.

Your idiot fanboyism does not take precedence over facts.

quanchi112
Zeus got killed by the cosmic embodiment of hope, an abstract.

Lucifer is a pussy. Satan a pussy.

Zeus' showings are enormously more impressive.

Your idiot fanboyism does not take precedence over facts. Zeus represented fear which completely overtook him. What a pansy. Yetyou call these two pussies when this guy was scared out of his mind. A paranoid god who brought about his own downfall. So he's scared and also stupid.

Both aren't dead but zeus is. LOL.

Being beaten to death by fists isn't that impressive. Talking with a weapon in your chest and effortlessly destroying it is. That's awesome.

These are the facts. Scythe can't even hurt Lucy yet fists killed Zeus.

Nephthys
When the guy punching you has enough strength to support the world, it is impressive when you don't explode immediately on contact. Just sayin'.

quanchi112
When the guy punching you has enough strength to support the world, it is impressive when you don't explode immediately on contact. Just sayin'. So Kratos can lift the world now ? I want to save one of you from these terrible ideas.

NemeBro
Zeus represented fear which completely overtook him. What a pansy. Yetyou call these two pussies when this guy was scared out of his mind. A paranoid god who brought about his own downfall. So he's scared and also stupid.

Both aren't dead but zeus is. LOL.

Being beaten to death by fists isn't that impressive. Talking with a weapon in your chest and effortlessly destroying it is. That's awesome.

These are the facts. Scythe can't even hurt Lucy yet fists killed Zeus. Zeus had what is the equivelant of the Parralax entity overtake him in God of War. That is what happened. Zeus may have been paranoid out of his mind, but he also fought Kratos one on one like a man, and is much much more powerful than Satan or Lucifer.

What is your point? IIRC Odin at the moment is dead in Marvel. Odin would also easily crush both Satan and Lucifer. And Zeus, for that matter.

Hope entity silly idiot. So what you are saying is, random featless scythe is more impressive than fists always? Even if they were the fists of Superman? Your argument sucks, and you do too. Zeus has survived impalement with the Blade of Olympus more times than I care to remember.

These are the facts: Your argument is bad and you should feel bad.

NemeBro
So Kratos can lift the world now ? I want to save one of you from these terrible ideas. DURHUR WELL HE OVERPOWERED HERCULES WHO LIFTED THE WORLD SO HE COULD TOO DURHUR DERPITYDERP.

quanchi112
Zeus had what is the equivelant of the Parralax entity overtake him in God of War. That is what happened. Zeus may have been paranoid out of his mind, but he also fought Kratos one on one like a man, and is much much more powerful than Satan or Lucifer.

What is your point? IIRC Odin at the moment is dead in Marvel. Odin would also easily crush both Satan and Lucifer. And Zeus, for that matter.

Hope entity silly idiot. So what you are saying is, random featless scythe is more impressive than fists always? Even if they were the fists of Superman? Your argument sucks, and you do too. Zeus has survived impalement with the Blade of Olympus more times than I care to remember.

These are the facts: Your argument is bad and you should feel bad. He fled after Athena took the killing blow meant for him. That isn't fighting like a man to also considering he already sneakily had Kratos use up all his power and then kill him. That's about as weak as you can get not even letting your foe know you even seek to kill him.

Odin is alive and has wrecked entire galaxies, stopped time, etc. Comic book characters usually crap all over video game characters.

Odin would also never be beaten to death by Kratos but Zeus was.

Ripping death in half isn't featless nor are the feats it does throughout the game either. Dante fights many demons and monsters in hell you act as if he just waltzed right into Lucy's bedroom.

Zeus fled once and then after surviving due to fear Kratos easily killed him with his bare hands.

I won you lost. But I imagine you are used to it by now.

Demonic Phoenix
Zeus had what is the equivelant of the Parralax entity overtake him in God of War. That is what happened. Zeus may have been paranoid out of his mind, but he also fought Kratos one on one like a man, and is much much more powerful than Satan or Lucifer.

These are the facts: Your argument is bad and you should feel bad.

I'll also point out that Fear Zeus overpowered Kratos, and held him captive with two fingers.

quanchi112
DURHUR WELL HE OVERPOWERED HERCULES WHO LIFTED THE WORLD SO HE COULD TOO DURHUR DERPITYDERP. So hyperbole works for you now, right ?

Ok, well Forgotten One has the power to easily reduce the world to ashes who gabriel kills.

Still winning.

NemeBro
Haha hyperbole haha Atlas is directly stated to lift up the world haha Hercules is directly stated to have taken the burden of the world from him at one point haha.

quanchi112
Haha hyperbole haha Atlas is directly stated to lift up the world haha Hercules is directly stated to have taken the burden of the world from him at one point haha. It's just hysterical you think that Hercules had planet holding strength and see no real problem with using this as a legit measuring stick.

NemeBro
He fled after Athena took the killing blow meant for him. That isn't fighting like a man to also considering he already sneakily had Kratos use up all his power and then kill him. That's about as weak as you can get not even letting your foe know you even seek to kill him.

Odin is alive and has wrecked entire galaxies, stopped time, etc. Comic book characters usually crap all over video game characters.

Odin would also never be beaten to death by Kratos but Zeus was.

Ripping death in half isn't featless nor are the feats it does throughout the game either. Dante fights many demons and monsters in hell you act as if he just waltzed right into Lucy's bedroom.

Zeus fled once and then after surviving due to fear Kratos easily killed him with his bare hands.

I won you lost. But I imagine you are used to it by now. Because he, you know, nearly died. To stay further would have been stupid. Though you are dodging the point. That Zeus could easily kill Lucifer and Satan, the weak bitches. smile

I am well-aware of Odin's feats and how he easily beat Thanos, the little pussy. By the way have I mentioned Pyron would easily beat Thanos? Because he would. smile Anyway, will use a different example then. Barry Allen, one of the Flashes, is dead at the moment (Unless DC has really changed). He would undeniably crush Satan and Lucifer with ease. And no Quan, "HES A COMIC CHARACTER HERPDERP DONT COUNT" is not an argument, it never was.

Yes it is. Does Death have any impressive durability feats? No? So it is for all intents and purposes an empty feat. The demons are similarly pussies.

Point? Zeus or Kratos would still easily crush anyone in the games.

So Quan, I must ask, what are you compensating for that justifies this behavior?

NemeBro
It's just hysterical you think that Hercules had planet holding strength and see no real problem with using this as a legit measuring stick. In other words: "I'm gonna ignore feats to suit my argument herpderp im quan im a supar debaeturz i is da kewliest even tho mah argumentz suck."

Kratos in God of War 2 resisted Atlas' strength. In God of War 3 he resists Cronos'.

Stop.

quanchi112
Because he, you know, nearly died. To stay further would have been stupid. Though you are dodging the point. That Zeus could easily kill Lucifer and Satan, the weak bitches. smile

I am well-aware of Odin's feats and how he easily beat Thanos, the little pussy. By the way have I mentioned Pyron would easily beat Thanos? Because he would. smile Anyway, will use a different example then. Barry Allen, one of the Flashes, is dead at the moment (Unless DC has really changed). He would undeniably crush Satan and Lucifer with ease. And no Quan, "HES A COMIC CHARACTER HERPDERP DONT COUNT" is not an argument, it never was.

Yes it is. Does Death have any impressive durability feats? No? So it is for all intents and purposes an empty feat. The demons are similarly pussies.

Point? Zeus or Kratos would still easily crush anyone in the games.

So Quan, I must ask, what are you compensating for that justifies this behavior? Yes, so runnng away proves he didn't take it like a man he ran like a coward.

We see impalement doesn't even have an effect on Lucy so you have no argument for Zeus being able to achieve this.

Odin never beat Thanos the battle ended in a standstill. I have no idea who Pyron even is and taking one of video game's most powerful characters just means you take of marvel's and marvel still wins.

I have already explained how for the most part comic book characters have more appearances and are more powerful than video game characters but it's off topic.

So you need to have a durability feat to prove ripping a supernatural being in half is impressive ? I guess you must rip people in half all the time because it doesn't show strength it shows a lack of strength.

No, they wouldn't. These beings seem to a point to be beyond death anyways such as satan and zobek.

Always trying to change the topic. That's the sign of a weak debater. smile

quanchi112
In other words: "I'm gonna ignore feats to suit my argument herpderp im quan im a supar debaeturz i is da kewliest even tho mah argumentz suck."

Kratos in God of War 2 resisted Atlas' strength. In God of War 3 he resists Cronos'.

Stop. Yes, Kratos is strong but and resisting momentarily to do something means he resists momentarily like Gabriel has done against stronger characters as well.

Gabriel can still hurt Kratos despite his strength advantage. LOL. Gabriel hurt and then killed someone powerful enough to reduce the world to ashes and take lava swims.

TheGoldenSpy
Kratos could punch his fists together and gabriels head would explode.

Burning thought
Kratos resisting Cronos puts him at a durability level beyond anything Gabriel has, so unless he wants to destroy his equipment he may as well just die using his fists.

As I said, he has no special abilities to get past the incredible strength and durability advantage.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
Kratos could punch his fists together and gabriels head would explode. Based on ? Probably nothing but at least I am humoring you.

quanchi112
Kratos resisting Cronos puts him at a durability level beyond anything Gabriel has, so unless he wants to destroy his equipment he may as well just die using his fists.

As I said, he has no special abilities to get past the incredible strength and durability advantage. That just means he can resist his fingers for a moment and then use the head of helios to get the hell out of there.

Gabriel has a weapon/weapons that will carve Kratos up. He also has the power/strength to kill him. This comes down to skill level in the end.

Kratos defeats his opponents with a combination of the two like Gabriel until the end of the dlc where he's on a whole other level.

Burning thought
He resisted Chronos slapping down on him if you recall, and all he did was push the hand back up again and carry on. Did not even wound him.

Based on what feats? what feats does Gabriel have to put his strength on par with Kratos? or better yet, what feats does his weapon have to put its power level above a slap from someone the size of a large skyscraper?

He defeats his enemies nothing like Gabriel, most of the time gabriel uses some sort of skill advantage, while Kratos usually uses brute strength, a further difference is that Kratos' enemies are far more powerful than those Kratos defeats save maybe Satan with a little overhyping based on religion. Satans feats, physical and magical still do not compare with the Gods.

ArtificialGlory
What an extremely stupid thread.

quanchi112
He resisted Chronos slapping down on him if you recall, and all he did was push the hand back up again and carry on. Did not even wound him.

Based on what feats? what feats does Gabriel have to put his strength on par with Kratos? or better yet, what feats does his weapon have to put its power level above a slap from someone the size of a large skyscraper?

He defeats his enemies nothing like Gabriel, most of the time gabriel uses some sort of skill advantage, while Kratos usually uses brute strength, a further difference is that Kratos' enemies are far more powerful than those Kratos defeats save maybe Satan with a little overhyping based on religion. Satans feats, physical and magical still do not compare with the Gods. Using their best strength feats and ignoring their portrayal is ridiculous. Kratos does more than likely have superior strength but strength in a fight isn't the all determining factor. I mean I swear on here most think the stronger guy automatically wins. It's plain ridiculous.

Kratos uses skill as well and Gabriel uses a combination of both. He resists stronger beings strength wise then attacks and gradually becomes more powerful and goes to crazy levels at the end of resurrection.

The Forgotten One or satan or even Zobek probably can solo earth. That's pretty impressive whereas the gods in gow are very impressive but none could probably solo earth on their own. The speed of the vampires too like Olrox shows what type of speed Gabriel can react to and his in game cinemas show what he's capable of with his insane skill level on top on his ever increasing power.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
What an extremely stupid thread. What an insightful post.

Burning thought
Using their best strength feats and ignoring their portrayal is ridiculous. Kratos does more than likely have superior strength but strength in a fight isn't the all determining factor. I mean I swear on here most think the stronger guy automatically wins. It's plain ridiculous.

Kratos uses skill as well and Gabriel uses a combination of both. He resists stronger beings strength wise then attacks and gradually becomes more powerful and goes to crazy levels at the end of resurrection.

The Forgotten One or satan or even Zobek probably can solo earth. That's pretty impressive whereas the gods in gow are very impressive but none could probably solo earth on their own. The speed of the vampires too like Olrox shows what type of speed Gabriel can react to and his in game cinemas show what he's capable of with his insane skill level on top on his ever increasing power.

Kratos is portrayed as ridiculously strong and his feats speak for this matter as well, you cannot just ignore feats of what the characters done. NO, most people think that someone who cannot be harmed by the other auotmatically wins.

Arguable, most of Zues' best victories are through pure strength and ferocity rather than a skillful finish. "resists stronger beings strength wise", show me these stronger beings because so far Gabriel has fought nobody as strong as the Gods.

What earth are we talking about? normal humans? none? Ares himself is enormous, could step on anything human made and thats just Ares, who is tiny compared to a Titan, a walking empire state building would lay low earth but whats more, they have feats wheras Satan and Zobek are ambigious....

Whats the point if he cannot even harm Kratos, being able to run quicker than a tank is useless if you cannot scratch its armour.

quanchi112
Kratos is portrayed as ridiculously strong and his feats speak for this matter as well, you cannot just ignore feats of what the characters done. NO, most people think that someone who cannot be harmed by the other auotmatically wins.

Arguable, most of Zues' best victories are through pure strength and ferocity rather than a skillful finish. "resists stronger beings strength wise", show me these stronger beings because so far Gabriel has fought nobody as strong as the Gods.

What earth are we talking about? normal humans? none? Ares himself is enormous, could step on anything human made and thats just Ares, who is tiny compared to a Titan, a walking empire state building would lay low earth but whats more, they have feats wheras Satan and Zobek are ambigious....

Whats the point if he cannot even harm Kratos, being able to run quicker than a tank is useless if you cannot scratch its armour. I said Kratos is pretty strong and give him the strength edge but it isn't so vast that gabriel can't beat him.

What has Zeus done to imply great strength, feat wise ? His power feats are pretty exceptional but even his win against the titans was due to one plot device weapon not pure strength.

Ares wasn't tiny compared to a Titan. The gods also showed they have the power to hurt/kill the Titans who are slow.

We see Zobek and satan in action. We don't see them actually reduce the world to ashes but it's implied if Gabriel fails earth loses. Not only earth but heaven will have to war with the god mask.

He can hurt Kratos. Kratos gets cut and hurt all the time. You are drinking the same cool aid as the others if you think the combat cross is bouncing off Kratos' skin. It's ridiculous without anything to support it whatsoever.

Burning thought
I said Kratos is pretty strong and give him the strength edge but it isn't so vast that gabriel can't beat him.

What has Zeus done to imply great strength, feat wise ? His power feats are pretty exceptional but even his win against the titans was due to one plot device weapon not pure strength.

Ares wasn't tiny compared to a Titan. The gods also showed they have the power to hurt/kill the Titans who are slow.

We see Zobek and satan in action. We don't see them actually reduce the world to ashes but it's implied if Gabriel fails earth loses. Not only earth but heaven will have to war with the god mask.

He can hurt Kratos. Kratos gets cut and hurt all the time. You are drinking the same cool aid as the others if you think the combat cross is bouncing off Kratos' skin. It's ridiculous without anything to support it whatsoever.

Weve seen it so vast, Gabriel would be smeared into a blood pool in Chronos' hand, hell based on feats most characters in GoW could do that.

Fought on equel terms and in some cases not so equel terms with Kratos, which is a pretty dang good strength feat. Although I admit, I made a typo and meant to say Kratos' best victories are through strength.

Yes they are, their smaller than their knees/ankles, their like super midgets vs giants by comparison stick out tongue , yes their slow, this does not make a difference.

Thats not because Satan is powerful, its because of as you pointed out for Zues, "plot device weapon", which is the God mask.

When? Kratos in canon has never iirc cut/hurt by anyone beyond a God/godly weapon since gaining so much power in GoW 2 and 3. The combat cross has no feats, its bouncing off/doing no damage because the pounds per square inch of force Kratos' skin can take and indeed his entire body is equel to a slap from a Titan....which is to say an incredible amount of force, some "peak human+" man is not going to damage Kratos until you get some new DLC feats (having played lords of shadow to completion I know Gabriel has no comparable feats to what Kratos has dealt with).

POst a feat or point one out that proves the combat cross is>>>a Titans strength, hundreds of thousands of tonnes of force...

quanchi112
Weve seen it so vast, Gabriel would be smeared into a blood pool in Chronos' hand, hell based on feats most characters in GoW could do that.

Fought on equel terms and in some cases not so equel terms with Kratos, which is a pretty dang good strength feat. Although I admit, I made a typo and meant to say Kratos' best victories are through strength.

Yes they are, their smaller than their knees/ankles, their like super midgets vs giants by comparison stick out tongue , yes their slow, this does not make a difference.

Thats not because Satan is powerful, its because of as you pointed out for Zues, "plot device weapon", which is the God mask.

When? Kratos in canon has never iirc cut/hurt by anyone beyond a God/godly weapon since gaining so much power in GoW 2 and 3. The combat cross has no feats, its bouncing off/doing no damage because the pounds per square inch of force Kratos' skin can take and indeed his entire body is equel to a slap from a Titan....which is to say an incredible amount of force, some "peak human+" man is not going to damage Kratos until you get some new DLC feats (having played lords of shadow to completion I know Gabriel has no comparable feats to what Kratos has dealt with).

POst a feat or point one out that proves the combat cross is>>>a Titans strength, hundreds of thousands of tonnes of force... Based on what ? We've seen him defeat large titans himself through skill and through strength. Those titans are far bigger than gabriel.

Kratos like Gabriel is portrayed as winning but that doesn't mean the enemies who they fight can't hurt them. You have to see beyond the cutscenes to realize Kratos can die. Kratos can die if giant Ares hits him with his sword though that doesn't happen that doesn't mean Kratos can stand there and let him.

You're basically basing this off a few Kratos feats and implying anything less can't hurt him which is ridiculous.

It's irrelevant. Here I will try to make sense of it to you. Take Mike Tyson at his peak and let's take a little 5 year old girl. His strength vastly outlclasses her along with hitting power but his skin won't shake off a knife even wielded by a five year old girl.

Burning thought
Based on what ? We've seen him defeat large titans himself through skill and through strength. Those titans are far bigger than gabriel.

Kratos like Gabriel is portrayed as winning but that doesn't mean the enemies who they fight can't hurt them. You have to see beyond the cutscenes to realize Kratos can die. Kratos can die if giant Ares hits him with his sword though that doesn't happen that doesn't mean Kratos can stand there and let him.

You're basically basing this off a few Kratos feats and implying anything less can't hurt him which is ridiculous.

It's irrelevant. Here I will try to make sense of it to you. Take Mike Tyson at his peak and let's take a little 5 year old girl. His strength vastly outlclasses her along with hitting power but his skin won't shake off a knife even wielded by a five year old girl.

Based on the fact Gabriel has no feats to suggest he can survive Chronos' strike, put Gabriel in the same position and take the strike, Gabriel will be splattered...Kratos stood unharmed, this is incredible durability yet you cannot see this.

There is no "beyond the cutscenes" unless your trying to use gameplay mechanics, all enemies and characters in all games can hurt eachother in the gameplay. Maybe, what are you suggesting that Gabriel has the strength of Giant ares? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Why is it ridiculous? if Kratos has done it, and we have seen him do it in the storyline who are you to say off hand that they do not count? there are no special conditions to give Kratos advantages in those scenes, he did it with pure strength/durability.

Thats because Mike tysons skin does not have the PSI strength to take the girls force on a knife edge. Your argument falls flat when this is not the same comparison, this is thousands and thousands of tonnes slamming Kratos, the PSI force was calculated iirc in the hundreds of thousands. A human beings strength through a knife cannot create hundreds of thousands of tonnes of force can it? yes or no?

quanchi112
Based on the fact Gabriel has no feats to suggest he can survive Chronos' strike, put Gabriel in the same position and take the strike, Gabriel will be splattered...Kratos stood unharmed, this is incredible durability yet you cannot see this.

There is no "beyond the cutscenes" unless your trying to use gameplay mechanics, all enemies and characters in all games can hurt eachother in the gameplay. Maybe, what are you suggesting that Gabriel has the strength of Giant ares? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Why is it ridiculous? if Kratos has done it, and we have seen him do it in the storyline who are you to say off hand that they do not count? there are no special conditions to give Kratos advantages in those scenes, he did it with pure strength/durability.

Thats because Mike tysons skin does not have the PSI strength to take the girls force on a knife edge. Your argument falls flat when this is not the same comparison, this is thousands and thousands of tonnes slamming Kratos, the PSI force was calculated iirc in the hundreds of thousands. A human beings strength through a knife cannot create hundreds of thousands of tonnes of force can it? yes or no? What you don't get is these guys don't have to survive the same scenarios and Gabriel won't be in this position anyways. He doesn't have to get into a test of strength with Kratos and can kill him with his strength/skill.

Kratos was giant so it's only fair he cut through an amped Kratos. He doesn't do so since Kratos prevails but that doesn't mean he can't be cut only that he doesn't get cut enough to be defeated. When he has other beings save him. Gabriel dies as well but gets other chances too. This isn't unique to Kratos. Yes, in both games all the enemies can hurt both heroes which means they aren't impervious to damage just that they prevail by being skilled not being being impervious.

It does count but far less can injure him so stating anything else can't hurt him is ignoring 97 percent of the game. You want to ignore the game while I take this feat in and don't lose my head like anything less can't cut his skin. You're looking too far into feats.

No, it doesn't fail as just like Kratos who is very strong his skin isn't impervious and furthermore there's no evidence to suggest he is. None. Quit ignoring the whole game.

TheGoldenSpy
Kratos stopped the blade of olympus with his hands. Even if you miss the QTE the blade doesn't cut him when it hits his torso.

Kratos Getting hurt by anything in those games other than other gods is obvious gameplay mechanics. Hell, even if you just stand there and block enemies bleed attacking kratos.

Someone should smack the cobwebs outta your head quanchi.

Burning thought
What you don't get is these guys don't have to survive the same scenarios and Gabriel won't be in this position anyways. He doesn't have to get into a test of strength with Kratos and can kill him with his strength/skill.

Kratos was giant so it's only fair he cut through an amped Kratos. He doesn't do so since Kratos prevails but that doesn't mean he can't be cut only that he doesn't get cut enough to be defeated. When he has other beings save him. Gabriel dies as well but gets other chances too. This isn't unique to Kratos. Yes, in both games all the enemies can hurt both heroes which means they aren't impervious to damage just that they prevail by being skilled not being being impervious.

It does count but far less can injure him so stating anything else can't hurt him is ignoring 97 percent of the game. You want to ignore the game while I take this feat in and don't lose my head like anything less can't cut his skin. You're looking too far into feats.

No, it doesn't fail as just like Kratos who is very strong his skin isn't impervious and furthermore there's no evidence to suggest he is. None. Quit ignoring the whole game.

You miss the point, Kratos can survive vast forces and its funny how you say he does not have to get into a test of strength but you then go on to say he kils him with "strength and skill", his strength is nothing, its even more bad a comaprison as a child trying to punch Tyson to the ground, its more like a basic ant biting a grown man in hopes of killing him.

We have seen a small Kratos take vastly more force than either God or Pandora kratos, so your argument is that size is the only factor? No it means their gameplay mechanics, in the storyline Kratos does not get harmed iirc by any non godly entity. You cannot use mechanics from a game to gauge canon strengths.

Show me Kratos canonically getting injured, show me him getting harmed by "far less", if you had a cutscene, or a lot of them you may have some leg to stand on.

laughing You keep saying "theres no evidence", we have Chronos slapping him.

observe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxHk3esxis8#t=6m49s

Show me a non gameplay GoW 3 reference suggesting Kratos can be harmed by less? I bet if I bothered I could find many marvel references where marvel characters of high renown are defeated by weak forces, even in games.

quanchi112
You miss the point, Kratos can survive vast forces and its funny how you say he does not have to get into a test of strength but you then go on to say he kils him with "strength and skill", his strength is nothing, its even more bad a comaprison as a child trying to punch Tyson to the ground, its more like a basic ant biting a grown man in hopes of killing him.

We have seen a small Kratos take vastly more force than either God or Pandora kratos, so your argument is that size is the only factor? No it means their gameplay mechanics, in the storyline Kratos does not get harmed iirc by any non godly entity. You cannot use mechanics from a game to gauge canon strengths.

Show me Kratos canonically getting injured, show me him getting harmed by "far less", if you had a cutscene, or a lot of them you may have some leg to stand on.

laughing You keep saying "theres no evidence", we have Chronos slapping him.

observe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxHk3esxis8#t=6m49s

Show me a non gameplay GoW 3 reference suggesting Kratos can be harmed by less? I bet if I bothered I could find many marvel references where marvel characters of high renown are defeated by weak forces, even in games. Even if it were comparable to a child if a child has the skill, speed, and accuracy of gabriel he can still win.

No, we haven't seen Kratos do so. We've seen that god Kratos is vastly more powerful than regular Kratos. He can solo armies himself just like ares did but is more than powerful enough to kill the gods in his smaller form as well.

Yes, you can. You don't eve have any cinemas of Kratos or any sword bouncing off of his skin so nothing supports you and we've seen Gabriel injure beings made of stone who are giants, a giant dead dragon, Cornell who is portrayed as having super strength and kill him while less powerful than at the end, and carving up Unforgotten One who laughs off lava with ease. To suggest Kratos can't be cut by the combat cross which has some impressive death feats to it's resume is not only ridiculous it makes no sense and you don't have any proof to support this other than bad abc logic.

That's the problem with you you think cutscenes are the only things that count and don't even have a cutscene showing a normal weapon bouncing off of him so you have no proof and the game shows he can be hurt 98 percent of the time. canonically that doesn't happen due to skill but he's not portrayed as impervious.

You made the claim so the burden is on you. You can't seem to tell the difference between canon and being physically invulnerable. Just because Kratos doesn't die that doesn't mean he can't be cut or killed it just means it doesn't happen in gow 3.

quanchi112
Kratos stopped the blade of olympus with his hands. Even if you miss the QTE the blade doesn't cut him when it hits his torso.

Kratos Getting hurt by anything in those games other than other gods is obvious gameplay mechanics. Hell, even if you just stand there and block enemies bleed attacking kratos.

Someone should smack the cobwebs outta your head quanchi. Yes, as does Zeus resist it as well. Stopping a blade with your hands is intelligent since it would cut through him. Who in their right mind thinks stopping a blade with your hands means it can't cut you....if it can't why even stop it at all ?

It also previously killed him. smile

FinalAnswer
Quan, I am disappointed with the trolling you have done in this thread.

I mean, where's the subtlety?

quanchi112
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Quan, I am disappointed with the trolling you have done in this thread.

I mean, where's the subtlety? No trolling legitimate arguments. I always argue based off of portrayals, common sense, and feats.

TheGoldenSpy
Because hands are made of skin, flesh and bone, just like the rest of the body, you big, tremendous goof.

I know Zeus resisted it as well, Kratos was trying to steal the blade the entire time not just block it. Notice how both of these characters were pierced only when they charged the blades glowing magical power?

If Kratos and Zeus have so much trouble even damaging each other when they have the strength they do, what makes you think a little weakling like gabriels chain wouldn't explode on impact with kratos bald head?

FinalAnswer
No trolling legitimate arguments. I always argue based off of portrayals, common sense, and feats.

Too little too late my friend.

quanchi112
Because hands are made of skin, flesh and bone, just like the rest of the body, you big, tremendous goof.

I know Zeus resisted it as well, Kratos was trying to steal the blade the entire time not just block it. Notice how both of these characters were pierced only when they charged the blades glowing magical power?

If Kratos and Zeus have so much trouble even damaging each other when they have the strength they do, what makes you think a little weakling like gabriels chain wouldn't explode on impact with kratos bald head? Because no enemies sharp pointy objects have ever exploded off of Kratos' head. The combat cross damages beings capable of destroying earth and laughing off lava. To suggest Kratos can resist the combat cross is unfounded. You have no cutscenes where steel breaks against his rough exterior. To back up your claim you need proof.

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Too little too late my friend. Wah.

NemeBro
Paul is a ****ing real-estate novelist.

TheAuraAngel
http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/shinou/508/DP343.jpg

NemeBro
See? He's never had time for a wife.

TheAuraAngel
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/qEoyIepjIEc/0.jpg

NemeBro
He often talks with Davy, who's still in the Navy, and probably will be for life.

quanchi112
What a plan these two have hatched. I've never seen this before.

TheAuraAngel
He often talks with Davy, who's still in the Navy, and probably will be for life.

http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/D/DA/DAV/DAVEYHAVOK691321/1265862013_2601_full.jpeg

quanchi112
http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/D/DA/DAV/DAVEYHAVOK691321/1265862013_2601_full.jpeg Was this ingenius plan hatched on msn ?

NemeBro
I don't have Aura on MSN though.

quanchi112
I don't have Aura on MSN though. This plan had to be thoroughly discussed via phone or something. It's too complex to just do on the fly.

TheAuraAngel
Beings at our level communicate telepathically Quan.

quanchi112
Beings at our level communicate telepathically Quan. Your little spam won't save Kratos from Mr. Belmont.

TheAuraAngel
Herculean strength will do that for him.

quanchi112
Herculean strength will do that for him. Belmont is too accurate with his cross and far too powerful. You do realize he became a lot more powerful since he defeated satan, right ?

TheAuraAngel
Cool. Feats for Satan? In real life, he could probably handle the Greek Gods but we have to go by the games. And Zeus and the other Greek gods have plenty of feats.

quanchi112
Cool. Feats for Satan? In real life, he could probably handle the Greek Gods but we have to go by the games. And Zeus and the other Greek gods have plenty of feats. Easily defeating the lord of death and taking the god mask from him. Without Gabriel beating him earth stands no chance. We don't see much of him but with what we do see he's one bad mofo.

TheAuraAngel
Easily defeating the lord of death and taking the god mask from him. Without Gabriel beating him earth stands no chance. We don't see much of him but with what we do see he's one bad mofo.

Uh huh. And why does that makes Belmont better than Kratos?

NemeBro
J-j-j-j-j-j-j-j-just a small town girl

Living in a loooooooooooooooooooooonely woooooooooooooooooooorld

She took teh midnight train going anyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyywhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

TheAuraAngel
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_couyrY9Jmjs/TJjpM5Wb2iI/AAAAAAAAAJw/sFiGFkD2xuo/s1600/dee-dee.jpg

quanchi112
Uh huh. And why does that makes Belmont better than Kratos? The fact he's more powerful imo and too skilled to lose here. We see him easily rip someone in half at the end of the game who was capable of destroying the earth. Belmont is a force to be reckoned with but at the same respect so is Kratos but Belmont just got too powerful by the end of the dlc for even Kratos.

Gabriel was a relentless killing machine just like Kratos but too powerful and the skill to best Kratos all the same.

unrealman
I like to add this Garbiel did not fight a full power Satan, as it is note in the Lords of Shadow Bestiary. that Satan power is limited when he's on earth. pretty much the Satan that Garibel beats,is a weaken Satan, that is only operating at a fraction of his actually power.

Burning thought
Even if it were comparable to a child if a child has the skill, speed, and accuracy of gabriel he can still win.

No, we haven't seen Kratos do so. We've seen that god Kratos is vastly more powerful than regular Kratos. He can solo armies himself just like ares did but is more than powerful enough to kill the gods in his smaller form as well.

Yes, you can. You don't eve have any cinemas of Kratos or any sword bouncing off of his skin so nothing supports you and we've seen Gabriel injure beings made of stone who are giants, a giant dead dragon, Cornell who is portrayed as having super strength and kill him while less powerful than at the end, and carving up Unforgotten One who laughs off lava with ease. To suggest Kratos can't be cut by the combat cross which has some impressive death feats to it's resume is not only ridiculous it makes no sense and you don't have any proof to support this other than bad abc logic.

That's the problem with you you think cutscenes are the only things that count and don't even have a cutscene showing a normal weapon bouncing off of him so you have no proof and the game shows he can be hurt 98 percent of the time. canonically that doesn't happen due to skill but he's not portrayed as impervious.

You made the claim so the burden is on you. You can't seem to tell the difference between canon and being physically invulnerable. Just because Kratos doesn't die that doesn't mean he can't be cut or killed it just means it doesn't happen in gow 3.

laughing I cant belive you think a child just with skill can beat Kratos. With what? a combat cross with no feats to its name?

I just showed you the video if him doing so. When? We see God Kratos for a small duration at the start of GoW 2 and all he does is smash some buildings, he does far far more when depowered tbh.

I think this is where your lack of understanding becomes clear, you seem to think swords always cut objects regardless of their density. A sword simply gives someone a smaller edge to exert pressure on, but when the comparison of strength is so vast, e.g. A Titans slap vs a knife edge the pressure from a knife is irrelevent unless said Titan was also using a sword. Gabriel has to harm Titans by striking the glass/organic lookng power joins on ther limbs, he did not slice through their stone bodies. You can point out the same with every one of Gabriels enemies worth taking note of.

It makes perfect sense to suggest a super durable object cannot take weak forces, the combat cross killing vampires and monsters does not give it the feats to>>>a Titan slap.

Only the canon counts, cutscenes are the main source of canon but gameplay mechanics are not a source. Where are you getting this 98% from? hes never been hurt by anyone other than Gods with godly weapons.

I have just proven it, you cannot disregard Chronos slapping Kratos. laughing It does not happen in GoW because theres nobody there strong enough to break him, including a Titan, arguably the strongest being thats laid a hand to Kratos could not even damage him....

The strongest being in GoW>>>the strongest in LoS by a long shot which means Kratos cannot be harmed by Gabriel who has yet to show any ability to damage Kratos in this thread.

Originally posted by unrealman
I like to add this Garbiel did not fight a full power Satan, as it is note in the Lords of Shadow Bestiary. that Satan power is limited when he's on earth. pretty much the Satan that Garibel beats,is a weaken Satan, that is only operating at a fraction of his actually power.

And is still featless.

unrealman
this is how Garibel matches up to Kartos, who is of course far stronger then Garibel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJp4T9XJ_Ck#t=0m51s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJp4T9XJ_Ck#t=3m01s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC-EosHPcT0#t=09m02s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE-GAJ__uj4#t=07m55s

DLC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cjwhko2BLc#t=08m16s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cjwhko2BLc#t=12m50s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cjwhko2BLc#t=15m10s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YstYyIeHKI#t=03m58s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YstYyIeHKI#t=07m01s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YstYyIeHKI#t=11m27s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YstYyIeHKI#t=14m53s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YstYyIeHKI#t=16m48s

Burning thought
The thing with Gabriel is, is that his opponents are vastly weaker. Smashing small piecies of armour off someone is not the same as damage someone who can survive thousands of tonnes, tens of thousands of pressure. Sure Gabriel can defeat Satan, get stuck through his chest and launch around people a few meters or so, but Kratos works on a far far larger scale.

I have just completed the Satan fight again (wanted to do the final trial) and the feats are minor, after finishing it I have started playing GoW 3 again and I have just killed Hermes for his boots, Kratos has already shown feats that far outweight Satan, the Forgotten one and Gabriel put together, anything from besting Poseidons creatures to throwing around

basic things like Kratos having difficulty to open boxes, doors and such are simple gameplay mechanics, the only ones you could possibly argue for would be the log in the beginning of the game (the log being unique to a box or gate) and perhaps Gaias hand but that is still far more impressive than what Gabriel is capable of and is less consistent with Kratos' large list of stronger feats. I will probably kill Chronos, if not complete the game before the day is done and have other things to point out.

Its already obvious to anyone who looks at the evidence Kratos is far far stronger and more durable tha anything Gabriel has countered, a hundred times over.

unrealman
of course Kartos beats Gabriel easly, Rick from Splatterhouse 2010 would proabely be a better match up. at lest Gabriel might have a chance at beating Rick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMJF5T2TDYU#t=8m14s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWfTQTpc4lU#t=2m10s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC2Kc87sV88#t=4m58s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ3KtS5E4X4#t=2m58s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0_iZzgQjiw#t=11m10s

note: the only think Zoberk ever did was killed Gabriel , and being immortal. Zoberk was burn to death, and yet in the Epilouge which happens far into the future he's still around. however even through he's immortal Zoberk isn't really durable , and Kartos can just kill him again and again.

note 2: just because somebody is immortal doesn't necreassry mean their invulnerable as well.

quanchi112
laughing I cant belive you think a child just with skill can beat Kratos. With what? a combat cross with no feats to its name?

I just showed you the video if him doing so. When? We see God Kratos for a small duration at the start of GoW 2 and all he does is smash some buildings, he does far far more when depowered tbh.

I think this is where your lack of understanding becomes clear, you seem to think swords always cut objects regardless of their density. A sword simply gives someone a smaller edge to exert pressure on, but when the comparison of strength is so vast, e.g. A Titans slap vs a knife edge the pressure from a knife is irrelevent unless said Titan was also using a sword. Gabriel has to harm Titans by striking the glass/organic lookng power joins on ther limbs, he did not slice through their stone bodies. You can point out the same with every one of Gabriels enemies worth taking note of.

It makes perfect sense to suggest a super durable object cannot take weak forces, the combat cross killing vampires and monsters does not give it the feats to>>>a Titan slap.

Only the canon counts, cutscenes are the main source of canon but gameplay mechanics are not a source. Where are you getting this 98% from? hes never been hurt by anyone other than Gods with godly weapons.

I have just proven it, you cannot disregard Chronos slapping Kratos. laughing It does not happen in GoW because theres nobody there strong enough to break him, including a Titan, arguably the strongest being thats laid a hand to Kratos could not even damage him....

The strongest being in GoW>>>the strongest in LoS by a long shot which means Kratos cannot be harmed by Gabriel who has yet to show any ability to damage Kratos in this thread.

And is still featless. If you played the game you'd know the combat cross has many feats to it's name. We see Gabriel not only defeat his foes with the combat cross but use skill and his own strength to kill some of his enemies with their own weapons. Not a child but someone with exceptional skill and strength enough to kill you. Despite you being far stronger than a 5 year old girl if she can move like Gabriel you'll have your throat slashes from across the room.

Yes, he does far more since we see more of him depowered. We see god Kratos kill Ares and take on an army himself whereas in the game he can't easily just stomp armies he takes on small forces after small forces and in the third has help from Gaia at the beginning along with the other Titans.

That's just one feat and you ignoring all the other times Kratos is stabbed. The guy was stabbed to death by the way and at no point does he ever laugh off a sword strike. You're trying to make sense of fantasy feats and act like everything logically fits together into a puzzle of logic. Not the case. Kratos can be stabbed in the game at practically every turn and just because he doesn't allow this to happen doesn't suddenly mean he's impervious. You don't have a single cutscene to where he laughs off sword strikes and it's literally illogical to assume he is based off of him resisting Cronos.

Same with Kratos and the giant beings as well. he can't even hurt giant ares and against Cronos he has to hit certain points. Both characters can't take them on directly but have to be precise and attack where they are vulnerable. Common sense.

Kratos has never been shown to be impervious to weapons and throughout the game he can be cut by random scrubs. He is portrayed as being strong enough and skilled enough to get through them but isn't invulnerable to their attacks. You are making false comparisons and don't have one example that backs up your claim.

Throughout the games. You don't ignore how he is portrayed and turn him into some super invulnerable guy without any cutscenes of him resisting sword attacks while at the same time ignoring the times he's been stabbed to death.

Cronos can kill Kratos he just didn't. What's so hard to understand about this ? Honestly ? Your whole argument and level of thinking basically says if it doesn't happen then it can't happen which is silly.

You don't have to be stronger than cronos to be able to hurt Kratos. Zeus can hurt him as can any other god. Just because Kratos wins and isn't near death in most of the cut scenes where he wins doesn't mean he can't be hurt or killed just that he doesn't.

Gabriel can rip him in half and easily if he wants to.

quanchi112
I like to add this Garbiel did not fight a full power Satan, as it is note in the Lords of Shadow Bestiary. that Satan power is limited when he's on earth. pretty much the Satan that Garibel beats,is a weaken Satan, that is only operating at a fraction of his actually power. Gabriel was also not at full power either and satan was powerful enough to easily best Zobek who was lord of death despite having the god mask.

Phanteros
Gabriel was also not at full power either and satan was powerful enough to easily best Zobek who was lord of death despite having the god mask. Zobek has no feats(other than killing Gabriel by using the gauntlet against him, and even in this he said he need Gabriel to have the gauntlet so that he can control him)and none of the God Masks compare to the power of the Blade of Olympus(again based on feats).

quanchi112
Originally posted by Phanteros
Zobek has no feats(other than killing Gabriel by using the gauntlet against him, and even in this he said he need Gabriel to have the gauntlet so that he can control him)and none of the God Masks compare to the power of the Blade of Olympus(again based on feats). Implied power it was more powerful than the zeus blade. We see zeus use it once against the titans to eliminate him but Kratos use it and still have to beat the opponent in combat.

He still used magic against Gabriel and was the most powerful Lord as well. Gabriel is greater than any of these guys though and at the end of the content he's simply beyond them.

Phanteros
Implied power it was more powerful than the zeus blade. We see zeus use it once against the titans to eliminate him but Kratos use it and still have to beat the opponent in combat.

He still used magic against Gabriel and was the most powerful Lord as well. Gabriel is greater than any of these guys though and at the end of the content he's simply beyond them. Being the most powerful isn't saying much when the others have little to no feats.

quanchi112
Being the most powerful isn't saying much when the others have little to no feats. I doubt he would have either but Gabriel like Kratos overcomes those who get in his way sooner or later.

We see and it's outright stated Cornell is the strongest of the lords of shadow and with his impressive size and lycan body it's obvious the guy is extremely strong. Now with the female vampire lord of shadow she survived being impaled on the top of a castle so these beings aren't pushovers but badasses in their own rights.

Phanteros
I doubt he would have either but Gabriel like Kratos overcomes those who get in his way sooner or later.

We see and it's outright stated Cornell is the strongest of the lords of shadow and with his impressive size and lycan body it's obvious the guy is extremely strong. Now with the female vampire lord of shadow she survived being impaled on the top of a castle so these beings aren't pushovers but badasses in their own rights. Other than his size and muscle mass, Thats the the only thing Cornells has other than destroying boulders which isn't impressive compared to Kratos. Zeus was stabbed 5 times by his own blade and quickly recovered.

quanchi112
Other than his size and muscle mass, Thats the the only thing Cornells has other than destroying boulders which isn't impressive compared to Kratos. Zeus was stabbed 5 times by his own blade and quickly recovered. Zeus did recover but in the end he was beaten to death by Kratos' fists so if you attack Zeus enough just like any of these foes they die.

Cornell would be capable of killing Kratos provided he had the chance but with this strength he'd tear Kratos' body apart especially if he just stood there.

Phanteros
Zeus did recover but in the end he was beaten to death by Kratos' fists so if you attack Zeus enough just like any of these foes they die.

Cornell would be capable of killing Kratos provided he had the chance but with this strength he'd tear Kratos' body apart especially if he just stood there. You do realize that Kratos stopped to two mountain sized titans from crushing him in full force right? Cornell's only only feats are boulder smashing some thing Kratos can do very easily.

quanchi112
You do realize that Kratos stopped to two mountain sized titans from crushing him in full force right? Cornell's only only feats are boulder smashing some thing Kratos can do very easily. Yes, I do realize Kratos has the strength to temporarily resist tremendous force but if someone like Cornell hits him with his hammer or attacks him with his claws as a lycan Kratos will definitely feel it.

Phanteros
Yes, I do realize Kratos has the strength to temporarily resist tremendous force but if someone like Cornell hits him with his hammer or attacks him with his claws as a lycan Kratos will definitely feel it. based on what? Most of Krato's Normal enemies can destroy boulders as well and deals with them pretty well.

quanchi112
based on what? Most of Krato's Normal enemies can destroy boulders as well and deals with them pretty well. Yes, he deals with them but isn't immune to their attacks. That's the difference that most posters here miss Kratos is skilled and strong enough to win but he's not impervious.

Burning thought
If you played the game you'd know the combat cross has many feats to it's name. We see Gabriel not only defeat his foes with the combat cross but use skill and his own strength to kill some of his enemies with their own weapons. Not a child but someone with exceptional skill and strength enough to kill you. Despite you being far stronger than a 5 year old girl if she can move like Gabriel you'll have your throat slashes from across the room.

Yes, he does far more since we see more of him depowered. We see god Kratos kill Ares and take on an army himself whereas in the game he can't easily just stomp armies he takes on small forces after small forces and in the third has help from Gaia at the beginning along with the other Titans.

That's just one feat and you ignoring all the other times Kratos is stabbed. The guy was stabbed to death by the way and at no point does he ever laugh off a sword strike. You're trying to make sense of fantasy feats and act like everything logically fits together into a puzzle of logic. Not the case. Kratos can be stabbed in the game at practically every turn and just because he doesn't allow this to happen doesn't suddenly mean he's impervious. You don't have a single cutscene to where he laughs off sword strikes and it's literally illogical to assume he is based off of him resisting Cronos.

Same with Kratos and the giant beings as well. he can't even hurt giant ares and against Cronos he has to hit certain points. Both characters can't take them on directly but have to be precise and attack where they are vulnerable. Common sense.

Kratos has never been shown to be impervious to weapons and throughout the game he can be cut by random scrubs. He is portrayed as being strong enough and skilled enough to get through them but isn't invulnerable to their attacks. You are making false comparisons and don't have one example that backs up your claim.

Throughout the games. You don't ignore how he is portrayed and turn him into some super invulnerable guy without any cutscenes of him resisting sword attacks while at the same time ignoring the times he's been stabbed to death.

Cronos can kill Kratos he just didn't. What's so hard to understand about this ? Honestly ? Your whole argument and level of thinking basically says if it doesn't happen then it can't happen which is silly.

You don't have to be stronger than cronos to be able to hurt Kratos. Zeus can hurt him as can any other god. Just because Kratos wins and isn't near death in most of the cut scenes where he wins doesn't mean he can't be hurt or killed just that he doesn't.

Gabriel can rip him in half and easily if he wants to.

I have played the game, I have seen the combat cross cut into foes without any durability feats to their name, creatures like the lords of shadow themselves get impaled easily but theres nothing there to suggest their skin is much stronger than the light flesh it appears to be. If the little girl gets Gabriels skill i get Kratos' durability and simply take the blow without harm.

Not really God Kratos, Pandora kratos and thats not impressive, we have seen depowered mortal Kratos destroy half the Olmypion Gods and a Titan.

Show me the "all the other times", if your talking about gameplay I can play through most of it without getting hit, if not all of it, that does not make it canon. How about him resisting all the other Gods? Hades who can manipulate Atlas, he manhandles him, hercules who can lift tonnes, even Zues, Poseidons creatures? its not just Chronos, its almost every boss he comes against, even Hephaustus who is damn large uses a burning hot hammer and smashes him with it, what does Kratos do? just grabs it....

You sort of miss the point, Kratos cannot be defeated by striking his "weak points", because he has no designated areas yet he has the durability of the Gods. Gabriel has no chance based on the above facts.

No he cannot, because hes never cut by random scrubs, again your using gameplay mechanics, read the forum rules their null and void.

Show me, Kratos being stabbed to death, you have no idea of what your talking about ,a sword is just a smaller edge for psi, its not an instant "cut" card otherwise according to you marvel Thanos can also be cut by swords as well then? we cannot use his feats apprently?

laughing , right because Gabriel has greater strength than Chronos.....

If you dont post evidence in your next post I will accept that you dont know what your talking about and your continueing through ignorence of the source texts. So far the evidence is all on my side of the argument, from videos of Kratos' strength and durability to even videos provided by others that Gabriel at best knocks piecies of armour off and gets manhandled by creatures far weaker than Kratos.

BloodRawEngine
Unless Gabriel can dish out more force than the level of a volcanic explosion, there isn't much argument to support that he can even faze Kratos. Even when he let his brother bash his face in, he recovered in a few seconds.

quanchi112
I have played the game, I have seen the combat cross cut into foes without any durability feats to their name, creatures like the lords of shadow themselves get impaled easily but theres nothing there to suggest their skin is much stronger than the light flesh it appears to be. If the little girl gets Gabriels skill i get Kratos' durability and simply take the blow without harm.

Not really God Kratos, Pandora kratos and thats not impressive, we have seen depowered mortal Kratos destroy half the Olmypion Gods and a Titan.

Show me the "all the other times", if your talking about gameplay I can play through most of it without getting hit, if not all of it, that does not make it canon. How about him resisting all the other Gods? Hades who can manipulate Atlas, he manhandles him, hercules who can lift tonnes, even Zues, Poseidons creatures? its not just Chronos, its almost every boss he comes against, even Hephaustus who is damn large uses a burning hot hammer and smashes him with it, what does Kratos do? just grabs it....

You sort of miss the point, Kratos cannot be defeated by striking his "weak points", because he has no designated areas yet he has the durability of the Gods. Gabriel has no chance based on the above facts.

No he cannot, because hes never cut by random scrubs, again your using gameplay mechanics, read the forum rules their null and void.

Show me, Kratos being stabbed to death, you have no idea of what your talking about ,a sword is just a smaller edge for psi, its not an instant "cut" card otherwise according to you marvel Thanos can also be cut by swords as well then? we cannot use his feats apprently?

laughing , right because Gabriel has greater strength than Chronos.....

If you dont post evidence in your next post I will accept that you dont know what your talking about and your continueing through ignorence of the source texts. So far the evidence is all on my side of the argument, from videos of Kratos' strength and durability to even videos provided by others that Gabriel at best knocks piecies of armour off and gets manhandled by creatures far weaker than Kratos. The characters in gow don't display huge durability feats either. They have flesh just the same and the Forgotten one doesn't have soft flesh his skin is like armor as is Pan. The Forgotten One also laughs off lava which does no damage to his sin whatsoever which normal skin would be completely destroyed so once again you're wrong. The cross would rip Kratos wide open just like zeus' blade given the chance.

Pandora Kratos was god Kratos. His power seemed the same his title changed. His sheer size makes him more formidable than at regular levels. To suggest god powered Kratos is less than regular Kratos is a serious stab in the face of logic.

Skill level doesn't cover up what happens if he does get hit. If someone doesn't ge hit that doesn't prove they are invulnerable if they do get it. What planet are you on ?

Kratos beats Hades but Hades can hurt and kill him given the chance. Your argument is terrible. Just because Kratos beats him this doesn't prove hades can't hurt him. This is one of the worst arguments I have ever heard.

Yes, Kratos is strong enough and can resist a lot but in all these instances he can get hurt and even killed he just doesn't. In all cases he does get hurt when attacked it's just not enough to defeat him but he's not invulnerable to any of it.

Gabriel can easily rip his body in half with little to no effort based off of his newer powers at the end of the resurrection. Even with his combat cross he can carve Kratos up since well we have no feats where blades break against Kratos' skin just morbid abc logic.

He's never resisted any blade or badass and Gabriel isn't a random scrub and his combat cross has feats against characters immune to lava because of their durability. Gabriel can hurt this character thus he can hurt Kratos who hasn't shown a resistance to sharp weapons in any cut scene.

Thanos can resist planet destroying power yet be cut by Wolverine. Planet destroying power>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cronos yet his skin has been cut by Wolverine. Only someone like you would argue he can't be cut in a fictional setting when he's been cut just like Kratos has and unlike Thanos shown no resistance to sharp objects.

Gabriel doesn't need greater strength than Cronos. Zeus doesn't yet he killed Kratos.

You don't have points or any evidence Kratos can resist a sharp object since he's canonically been cut everytime someone's cut him in a cutscene or in the game.

Burning thought
The characters in gow don't display huge durability feats either. They have flesh just the same and the Forgotten one doesn't have soft flesh his skin is like armor as is Pan. The Forgotten One also laughs off lava which does no damage to his sin whatsoever which normal skin would be completely destroyed so once again you're wrong. The cross would rip Kratos wide open just like zeus' blade given the chance.

Pandora Kratos was god Kratos. His power seemed the same his title changed. His sheer size makes him more formidable than at regular levels. To suggest god powered Kratos is less than regular Kratos is a serious stab in the face of logic.

Skill level doesn't cover up what happens if he does get hit. If someone doesn't ge hit that doesn't prove they are invulnerable if they do get it. What planet are you on ?

Kratos beats Hades but Hades can hurt and kill him given the chance. Your argument is terrible. Just because Kratos beats him this doesn't prove hades can't hurt him. This is one of the worst arguments I have ever heard.

Yes, Kratos is strong enough and can resist a lot but in all these instances he can get hurt and even killed he just doesn't. In all cases he does get hurt when attacked it's just not enough to defeat him but he's not invulnerable to any of it.

Gabriel can easily rip his body in half with little to no effort based off of his newer powers at the end of the resurrection. Even with his combat cross he can carve Kratos up since well we have no feats where blades break against Kratos' skin just morbid abc logic.

He's never resisted any blade or badass and Gabriel isn't a random scrub and his combat cross has feats against characters immune to lava because of their durability. Gabriel can hurt this character thus he can hurt Kratos who hasn't shown a resistance to sharp weapons in any cut scene.

Thanos can resist planet destroying power yet be cut by Wolverine. Planet destroying power>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cronos yet his skin has been cut by Wolverine. Only someone like you would argue he can't be cut in a fictional setting when he's been cut just like Kratos has and unlike Thanos shown no resistance to sharp objects.

Gabriel doesn't need greater strength than Cronos. Zeus doesn't yet he killed Kratos.

You don't have points or any evidence Kratos can resist a sharp object since he's canonically been cut everytime someone's cut him in a cutscene or in the game.

You have played the games right? the game where we see Titans the size of skyscrapers who by sheer weight take more force than anyone in LoS, the one where Kratos falls miles down the chain of balance and simply lands on his feet in the underworld, the one where Titans fall miles down the mountain (despite their huge weight) and just climb back up again like Gaia, the one where....well, I have the evidence already. Your only counter is that being resistant to heat, e.g. lava>>>all that? laughing its not even a durability feat. based on what? Kratos has taken far more force than Gabriel can use, the blade of Olmypus in the hands of zeus compared to a combat cross now? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Not really, no, different powers and forces at work, he was not yet an Olmypian. Your playing on the fact he was just large...not when you realise Kratos has demolished foes that are Gods and Titans both by sheer strength and with the powers at his disposal, your throwing around titles and ignoring feats.

No, the fact he can take slams from Gods and Titans proves he is invulerable to what Gabriel has to offer. You missed the point other than that.

Show me, the best hades could possibly do was take his soul, even that was disproven when Kratos sort of pulled it back through some strength.

Well thats comic book logic by the sounds of it which is what your argueing from, this is not a CB its a game vs, you dont understand how blades work and the rest of your post proves this, keep bringing up "blades have not broke non him". You dont understand what blades do, or how pressure is calculated the same in all instances, its only surface area and strength that changes and in this case, Kratos has such a vast strength put on him, the surface area is more or less irrelevent.

Arguable because Zeus can stand blow for blow against Kratos suggesting that their close to the same level. Your also forgetting Zeus used the blade of Olmypus, a blade powerful enough to completly murder Titans and whole armies when used.

Go look up sharp objects and you may find out how their just a surface area to force, not a magical "certain to stab" option.

CosmicComet
Mt. Olympus seems to be at least 12 miles or so tall.

I'm trying to figure out how durable Gaia must be in order to be able to fall from around halfway up that distance, through the cracks in the earth down into tartarus (which would be another couple of miles) with no damage to herself. We saw her severed hand in tartarus and it was completely undamaged.

And we know if you dropped a 1600 foot tall + boulder (that's how tall the titans are) from the same height that boulder would break apart upon hitting the ground.

Burning thought
Well thats assuming the hand fell all the way, without stopping or sliding. We dont actually know how it got there, other than we know Kratos pushed it from its perch in front of his path.

I dont know how this is relevent, since this is Kratos were talking about?

CosmicComet
It's relevant because we know Kratos is much more durable than Gaia.

Zeus' bolt landed closer to him and it still did nothing but push him off the mountain, whereas Gaia's arm was severed.

Burning thought
Gaias arm was the target of the power however. Kratos seemed to get the burst of energy and of course, a titans army moving in agony launching him into the air.

I would not say Gaia is that durable piece per piece, since shes made up of rock, grass, trees, roots etc. I would say off hand without gauging it that Kratos is made of stronger stuff than that anyway, I think the fact Chronos could not splat him is testiment to that.

The poseidon creatures could smash through her with ease, yet Kratos could stop them from pushing down on him, therefore his strength is far higher, as is his durability because Gaia is strong enough to hold not only poseidons creatures but also his entire watery body against the cliff.

quanchi112
You have played the games right? the game where we see Titans the size of skyscrapers who by sheer weight take more force than anyone in LoS, the one where Kratos falls miles down the chain of balance and simply lands on his feet in the underworld, the one where Titans fall miles down the mountain (despite their huge weight) and just climb back up again like Gaia, the one where....well, I have the evidence already. Your only counter is that being resistant to heat, e.g. lava>>>all that? laughing its not even a durability feat. based on what? Kratos has taken far more force than Gabriel can use, the blade of Olmypus in the hands of zeus compared to a combat cross now? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Not really, no, different powers and forces at work, he was not yet an Olmypian. Your playing on the fact he was just large...not when you realise Kratos has demolished foes that are Gods and Titans both by sheer strength and with the powers at his disposal, your throwing around titles and ignoring feats.

No, the fact he can take slams from Gods and Titans proves he is invulerable to what Gabriel has to offer. You missed the point other than that.

Show me, the best hades could possibly do was take his soul, even that was disproven when Kratos sort of pulled it back through some strength.

Well thats comic book logic by the sounds of it which is what your argueing from, this is not a CB its a game vs, you dont understand how blades work and the rest of your post proves this, keep bringing up "blades have not broke non him". You dont understand what blades do, or how pressure is calculated the same in all instances, its only surface area and strength that changes and in this case, Kratos has such a vast strength put on him, the surface area is more or less irrelevent.

Arguable because Zeus can stand blow for blow against Kratos suggesting that their close to the same level. Your also forgetting Zeus used the blade of Olmypus, a blade powerful enough to completly murder Titans and whole armies when used.

Go look up sharp objects and you may find out how their just a surface area to force, not a magical "certain to stab" option. How isn't resisting lava a durability feat ? You do know lava instantly kills human beings right... you don't even seem to understand what durability even means.

Kratos has survived due to skill and through the aid of others since he has died as well. Ares easily killed him and Zeus killed him as well. Kratos can die. Kratos has died. Trying to say Kratos is uber durable by the logic of he wins isn't logic at all. If I beat someone with a gun and don't get shot that doesn't mean bullets bounce off of my skin unless that happens. LOL.

No, I am not dismissing anything. You seem to be under the misinterpretation that since Kratos has more feats depowered than while a god that means he's more powerful. Kratos was powerful enough to kill gods at his normal self but was far more powerful in his giant size. It's common sense and we see what he can accomplish in giant form. Kratos at normal size can defeat the same enemies but through combat not by just punching or easily killing them with a swipe of his gigantic arm.

That doesn't prove he's invulnerable to sharp objects just like Thanos taking planetary explosions doesn't prove wolverine's claws can't cut him. It's fiction it doesn't all add up and since Kratos has been cut/killed at various points throughout the game without one single exception of a blade breaking against his skin the evidence is in my favor.

Hades can take his soul meaning kill him and though Kratos has to resist that shows he isn't immune. Kratos outfights these guys he isn't invulnerable to their attacks which is more evidence to my point. I'm right per the norm.

I've given examples in other works of fiction of greater forces being resisted yet the same character gets cut into by wolverine. The funny thing is Kratos is cut into by far less than cronos pressure yet you ignore that.

The blast used to wipe out the titans wasn't the same piercing attack used on Kratos. It easily cut him as did Ares easily kill him when he discovered pandora's box. Hades' weapon would have taken his soul had he not resisted. Kratos isn't invulnerable he has to outfight his opponents so he has to outfight Gabriel here to win.

Go look up what the word fiction means and realize fictional works don't have to make logical sense. Then when you understand that admit you're wrong and then beg for forgiveness. Gabriel wins. too powerful and too skilled to lose to Kratos.

Burning thought
How isn't resisting lava a durability feat ? You do know lava instantly kills human beings right... you don't even seem to understand what durability even means.

Kratos has survived due to skill and through the aid of others since he has died as well. Ares easily killed him and Zeus killed him as well. Kratos can die. Kratos has died. Trying to say Kratos is uber durable by the logic of he wins isn't logic at all. If I beat someone with a gun and don't get shot that doesn't mean bullets bounce off of my skin unless that happens. LOL.

No, I am not dismissing anything. You seem to be under the misinterpretation that since Kratos has more feats depowered than while a god that means he's more powerful. Kratos was powerful enough to kill gods at his normal self but was far more powerful in his giant size. It's common sense and we see what he can accomplish in giant form. Kratos at normal size can defeat the same enemies but through combat not by just punching or easily killing them with a swipe of his gigantic arm.

That doesn't prove he's invulnerable to sharp objects just like Thanos taking planetary explosions doesn't prove wolverine's claws can't cut him. It's fiction it doesn't all add up and since Kratos has been cut/killed at various points throughout the game without one single exception of a blade breaking against his skin the evidence is in my favor.

Hades can take his soul meaning kill him and though Kratos has to resist that shows he isn't immune. Kratos outfights these guys he isn't invulnerable to their attacks which is more evidence to my point. I'm right per the norm.

I've given examples in other works of fiction of greater forces being resisted yet the same character gets cut into by wolverine. The funny thing is Kratos is cut into by far less than cronos pressure yet you ignore that.

The blast used to wipe out the titans wasn't the same piercing attack used on Kratos. It easily cut him as did Ares easily kill him when he discovered pandora's box. Hades' weapon would have taken his soul had he not resisted. Kratos isn't invulnerable he has to outfight his opponents so he has to outfight Gabriel here to win.

Go look up what the word fiction means and realize fictional works don't have to make logical sense. Then when you understand that admit you're wrong and then beg for forgiveness. Gabriel wins. too powerful and too skilled to lose to Kratos.

It burns/melts flesh. Its hardly the same, or even comparable to being struck, the way heat affects a body is different to the way a strike would.

Theres nothing to do with skill when hes being struck by all these things, how did skill save him from his body snapping like a dry twig when he fell miles into Olmypus and struck the underworld floor? I never said that, your the one claiming this, I said because Kratos has actually taken strikes, then he can take equel force. If those bullets bounced off your skin, then you would be showing a feat, just like Kratos has concerning pressure against Chronos, Hepheastus, Poseidon and a host of other monsters and Gods.

Of course it means hes more powerful, hes crushed Gods since being depowered, he defeated a single God when powered by Pandoras box. Since being depowered Kratos has shown far more strength and durability. He does not have to swipe with his "gigantic arm" when he has a small one thats stronger by feats.

Again, you dont understand sharp objects or pressure, saying "its fiction" is not a counter to my evidence. You dont have any evidence, infact there is not a single website or video posted by you in this thread iirc.

Clearly not because he failed to do so, I never said he was immune to soul powers, which Gabriel has none. Your ignoring evidence per the norm.

"other works of fiction" do not have any account in this thread. When? show me?

Its a lot of power contained within the blade, with a God of similiar strength to Kratos wielding it. Give Gabriel the BoO and Zeus' strength and he may be able to at least give Kratos a worthy fight...maybe. laughing gabriel is not comparable to a spear launched halfway across the world by ares or Zeus wielding the BoO, show us some feats to prove your wild claims.

Go look up rules in threads, characters can take the powers they have displayed and use them from the games. Gabriel has no feats compared to Kratos, simple fact. You talking bullshit about how fiction is not reality does not counter the fact Gabriel under the same fictional rules has far worse feats. Gabriel may as well be a child with a wood pole for all Kratos cares.

unrealman
the tempture of Lava is between 1300-2400 fahrenheit, not nearly enough to melt steel or boil it for that matter. of course that is hot enough to turn a human body to ashes. however the tempture of lava is much, much lower then the tempture of the Sun's core

http://www.muggyweld.com/melting.html

quanchi112
the tempture of Lava is between 1300-2400 fahrenheit, not nearly enough to melt steel or boil it for that matter. of course that is hot enough to turn a human body to ashes. however the tempture of lava is much, much lower then the tempture of the Sun's core

http://www.muggyweld.com/melting.html So you agree resisting it is a tremendous feat and to which I agree.

It burns/melts flesh. Its hardly the same, or even comparable to being struck, the way heat affects a body is different to the way a strike would.

Theres nothing to do with skill when hes being struck by all these things, how did skill save him from his body snapping like a dry twig when he fell miles into Olmypus and struck the underworld floor? I never said that, your the one claiming this, I said because Kratos has actually taken strikes, then he can take equel force. If those bullets bounced off your skin, then you would be showing a feat, just like Kratos has concerning pressure against Chronos, Hepheastus, Poseidon and a host of other monsters and Gods.

Of course it means hes more powerful, hes crushed Gods since being depowered, he defeated a single God when powered by Pandoras box. Since being depowered Kratos has shown far more strength and durability. He does not have to swipe with his "gigantic arm" when he has a small one thats stronger by feats.

Again, you dont understand sharp objects or pressure, saying "its fiction" is not a counter to my evidence. You dont have any evidence, infact there is not a single website or video posted by you in this thread iirc.

Clearly not because he failed to do so, I never said he was immune to soul powers, which Gabriel has none. Your ignoring evidence per the norm.

"other works of fiction" do not have any account in this thread. When? show me?

Its a lot of power contained within the blade, with a God of similiar strength to Kratos wielding it. Give Gabriel the BoO and Zeus' strength and he may be able to at least give Kratos a worthy fight...maybe. laughing gabriel is not comparable to a spear launched halfway across the world by ares or Zeus wielding the BoO, show us some feats to prove your wild claims.

Go look up rules in threads, characters can take the powers they have displayed and use them from the games. Gabriel has no feats compared to Kratos, simple fact. You talking bullshit about how fiction is not reality does not counter the fact Gabriel under the same fictional rules has far worse feats. Gabriel may as well be a child with a wood pole for all Kratos cares. To say resisting lava to the point it has no effect is an awesome feat for one's body. Human beings can't survive immersed in lava and will be completely destroyed whereas the Forgotten One can skinny dip in it.

Kratos was barely alive and was saved yet again. That's pressure resistance not sword resisting feats. If a splinter can cut into my skin and yet a human can't with a straight punch does that mean the splinter exhibited more force ?

Yes, Kratos has beaten gods while depowered so it shows he can is powerful enough to outfight them not that he's more powerful in this state than the size of Ares. You basically say feats>>>everything and say screw common sense the guy had more feats. By your logic if someone gained unlimited power and didn't show any impressive feats than prior to obtaining unlimited power then he's greater before the upgrade. Your logic makes no sense.

It's common sense. If someone punches me it's far more pressure yet I might not bleed yet a splinter can cut into my skin wit far less pressure. How don't you understand this ?

He failed to do so because he resisted but had he not outfought him he would have had his soul taken showing he isn't immune.

Yes, they do and common sense also laughs at your logic. You act as if everything lines up perfectly in the gow universe to reality and ignore the whole game where everyone less than Cronos can hurt Kratos.

You have no proof to suggest it takes Zeus' strength which really there aren't any feats of. His impressive feats are in giant form or with the power of the sword.

Gabriel rips him in half. He did so against a character with unlimited power easily and does so here. Look I used a feat. Gabriel wins.

unrealman
my vote is still with Kartos as he has been to Tartarus, which is pretty much the lowest point on earth in Greek Mythology.

http://www.ehow.com/about_4660925_temperature-center-earth.html

TheGoldenSpy
You bring up a good point. PSI must be brutal down there.

Burning thought

To say resisting lava to the point it has no effect is an awesome feat for one's body. Human beings can't survive immersed in lava and will be completely destroyed whereas the Forgotten One can skinny dip in it.

Kratos was barely alive and was saved yet again. That's pressure resistance not sword resisting feats. If a splinter can cut into my skin and yet a human can't with a straight punch does that mean the splinter exhibited more force ?

Yes, Kratos has beaten gods while depowered so it shows he can is powerful enough to outfight them not that he's more powerful in this state than the size of Ares. You basically say feats>>>everything and say screw common sense the guy had more feats. By your logic if someone gained unlimited power and didn't show any impressive feats than prior to obtaining unlimited power then he's greater before the upgrade. Your logic makes no sense.

It's common sense. If someone punches me it's far more pressure yet I might not bleed yet a splinter can cut into my skin wit far less pressure. How don't you understand this ?

He failed to do so because he resisted but had he not outfought him he would have had his soul taken showing he isn't immune.

Yes, they do and common sense also laughs at your logic. You act as if everything lines up perfectly in the gow universe to reality and ignore the whole game where everyone less than Cronos can hurt Kratos.

You have no proof to suggest it takes Zeus' strength which really there aren't any feats of. His impressive feats are in giant form or with the power of the sword.

Gabriel rips him in half. He did so against a character with unlimited power easily and does so here. Look I used a feat. Gabriel wins.

Were talking human beings here apart from maybe Gabriel, Kratos has shown resistant to forces far greater. As unreal has pointed out, lava cannot even melt steel naturally.

no expression , Kratos got up fine and smashed Onyx stone to release the chain of blaance, we playing the same game? seems your playing one where Kratos is a normal human. Same thing, you dont understand what your saying, all forces, including punches create pressure, swords creature more pressure than a human punch (when wielded by a human). Across the surface area yes it did, if you take a pin and shove it into a piece of wood you can push it fairly deep but if you punch the same chunk of wood or hit it, your more likely to make your fingers bleed or throb with pain, its called PSI and force is higher if you focus on smaller areas.

Your saying "size">>>everything, concerning a game where a tiny man fights through giant monsters every scene we see him in (almost). What your bringing up is not common sense, your trying to claim things that dont even make sense within the universe. Thats the forums logic as well, because A: unlimited power is hyperbole and B: without feats, its just a claim so unless it was word of God, it would not even get to the first step of being called hyperbole it would simply be discounted. Finally, Kratos did not gain unlimited power so your comparison is poor.

Thats not common sense, thats your claim. A punch over the area of your body is spreading force in a larger area because a fist is large compared to a splinter, a splinter only has to break a tiny area of the human skin. Kratos, has an enormous resistance across his skin, because just on his hands (or whever the hand of Chronos hit assuming Kraots did not put his hands up straight away) he held tens if not hundreds of thousands of tons.

Read my post again, never said he was immune to soul powers.

Again no, only your ignorance of physics and the games in this thread are laughing but you are doing so alone. The whole game shows us what I am claiming, I gave more examples than Chronos, Poseidon, Hephaustus, Zeus etc.

Its a feat that he can go hand to hand with Kratos for the majority, thats an incredible feat, more than Gabriel can say.

What with his newly gained Chronos strength? show me his strength laughing and thats not a feat, thats a claim based on a no limit fallacy.

my vote is still with Kartos as he has been to Tartarus, which is pretty much the lowest point on earth in Greek Mythology.

http://www.ehow.com/about_4660925_temperature-center-earth.html

To be fair its not the centre of the Earth, the underworld is under the long stretch of land that makes up the Greek "world", with Tartarus being under that. Its not necesserily hot down there either, thats more "christian" or "dantes epic" hell if i am not mistaken, in Hades you have rivers, stone structures etc and the normal skeletons/creatures of hades roam the land. Most of the people are just slim, stretched skin frames walking aimlessly.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>