Parallax Vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
1. Hal Parallax Vs Current Thor
2. Movie versions for both.

JakeTheBank
1. I'm assuming non ZH Hal for obvious reasons. Last time we saw Parallax Hal, he took it to BL Spectre (with context, of course). His energy manipulation via will and fear in the form of constructs and energy blasts can be countered by Mjolnir, but Parallax has only ever really been beaten via imprisonment or BFR. Luckily, Thor can BFR him, but GLs can come back via warp holes. Thor's also got impressive willpower and courage, so preying on his fears wouldn't be extraordinarily effective, imo.

2. Thor didn't really exhibit fear in the film. Sorrow and grief when he thought Odin died and when he lamented being split from Jane, but not really fear. I'm not sure if he could unleash power enough to completely destroy Parallax, though.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
1. I'm assuming non ZH Hal for obvious reasons. Last time we saw Parallax Hal, he took it to BL Spectre (with context, of course). His energy manipulation via will and fear in the form of constructs and energy blasts can be countered by Mjolnir, but Parallax has only ever really been beaten via imprisonment or BFR. Luckily, Thor can BFR him, but GLs can come back via warp holes. Thor's also got impressive willpower and courage, so preying on his fears wouldn't be extraordinarily effective, imo.

2. Thor didn't really exhibit fear in the film. Sorrow and grief when he thought Odin died and when he lamented being split from Jane, but not really fear. I'm not sure if he could unleash power enough to completely destroy Parallax, though.

This is why I like your posts, you don't ask stupid questions. smile

As for showing fear, GL showed far less of it in the final showdown, but still was getting his life force drained. Or am I recalling that incorrectly.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Prep-Man
This is why I like your posts, you don't ask stupid questions. smile

As for showing fear, GL showed far less of it in the final showdown, but still was getting his life force drained. Or am I recalling that incorrectly.

Ha ha, well, I try not to.

Well, I think Hal still had fear, but his willpower enabled him to overcome fear, which was a plot line in the film. The whole thing about courage versus fearlessness, which enabled him to endure. And at the end, if I remember correctly, Parallax attempted to hit him, but his blasts/drains stopped just short of Hal. Considering his ring also blocked the blasts, it stands to reason Thor could deflect them as well.

Q99
I'd take either version of Hallax (or Kyllax for that matter) over Thor.

Film, no idea.

Slaanesh
1. normal Hal is already a match for Thor..Hal with an amp will win this handily..

2. i don't know about the movie version..Parallax didn't look so impressive..got kill buy the sun..

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Slaanesh
normal Hal is already a match for Thor

I disagree with this.

psycho gundam
both hal and thor are kinda weaksauce in the comics these days

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by psycho gundam
both hal and thor are kinda weaksauce in the comics these days

In terms of feats, Fraction's Thor is pretty meh. And Sinestro has been looking infinitely better than Hal for the past while, too. The last "wow" Hal feat I remember is when his willpower enabled him to overcome Krona w/Ion briefly.

Slaanesh
I disagree with this.

u don't think Hal can give Thor a fight??

JakeTheBank

He gives him a fight and puts up a valiant effort, for Thor would take a strong and decisive majority on him. I don't think he stalemates Thor or comes close to it at all in terms of winning 5/10, really.

Slaanesh
He gives him a fight and puts up a valiant effort, for Thor would take a strong and decisive majority on him. I don't think he stalemates Thor or comes close to it at all, really.

well..i used to think Hal beat Thor..but since he hasn't really been that impressive now day..i will give Thor a majority against Hal..but Thor will have to work for it..i don't think Thor can take him handily..they are in the same league..

cdtm
I disagree with this.

I don't.

Thor has the bigger gun, but Hals defenses should survive all but Thor's most devastating attacks, and he has enough firepower to put down characters on Thors level.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by cdtm
I don't.

Thor has the bigger gun, but Hals defenses should survive all but Thor's most devastating attacks, and he has enough firepower to put down characters on Thors level.

Hal's defenses are very finite and won't fare well against Thor's vastly superior energy manipulation/absorbtion - and yes, Hal and GLs can resist such methods, but on the level of which Mjolnir can perform and consistently enough to prevent the tactic from being successful? Doubtful. His firepower is also hampered by Thor's bigger gun.

It's been said multiple times here and by multiple posters that Thor is an extremely uphill battle for GL types, and it's true.

King Kandy
Well, Thor can just absorb anything Hal throws at him... and going hth with him is a ticket to failure... so I would say Hal, is not much of a match actually.

Digi
Thor's got arguably a top 5 showing of all-time for him in recent months (that cosmic entity from Chaos War, forget its name) and people call him depowered. If rabid forums existed in the 70's, we'd decry the same thing every few months when Avengers comics came out.

cdtm
Hal's defenses are very finite and won't fare well against Thor's vastly superior energy manipulation/absorbtion - and yes, Hal and GLs can resist such methods, but on the level of which Mjolnir can perform and consistently enough to prevent the tactic from being successful? Doubtful. His firepower is also hampered by Thor's bigger gun.

It's been said multiple times here and by multiple posters that Thor is an extremely uphill battle for GL types, and it's true.

Depends on how smart Hal fights. Sure, if all he does is fire energy he'll get schooled, since Thor can absorb/redirect energy. If he fights smart and remembers he can do more then make one or two constructs and fire beams, it gets closer imo. Also, a big advantage is the rings have auto defenses, like auto shields and auto evasion.

At the least, I'd give Hal about the same odds as I'd give Quasar.

cdtm
Originally posted by Digi
Thor's got arguably a top 5 showing of all-time for him in recent months (that cosmic entity from Chaos War, forget its name) and people call him depowered. If rabid forums existed in the 70's, we'd decry the same thing every few months when Avengers comics came out.

The lightning through Chaos King?

Yeah, that was awesome.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by cdtm
The lightning through Chaos King?

Yeah, that was awesome.

i think he's talking about Glory..cuz Thor didn't really do much against Chaos King..

Prep-Man
If Hal was written like in PC days, he's mess Thor up big time. He could basically do anything Thor can, but on a much higher level. Even Pre-Crisis Superman said Hal's power was infinite. These days, Hal just does the same boring thing day in, day out. But on a much lower level. smile

cdtm
Originally posted by Prep-Man
If Hal was written like in PC days, he's mess Thor up big time. He could basically do anything Thor can, but on a much higher level. Even Pre-Crisis Superman said Hal's power was infinite. These days, Hal just does the same boring thing day in, day out. But on a much lower level. smile

Actually.. yeah.

Well, I still think Kyle can do allright.

zeel
1. normal Hal is already a match for Thor..Hal with an amp will win this handily..

2. i don't know about the movie version..Parallax didn't look so impressive..got kill buy the sun..

No way thor is looseing to hal. THor is on another level then any green lantern really. Hes built to kill them.

cdtm
Originally posted by zeel
No way thor is looseing to hal. THor is on another level then any green lantern really. Hes built to kill them.

He has good anti energy abilities, but I wouldn't say he's on another level functionally speaking..

But then, I peg the top GL's as peers of Superman, and capable of beating him a sizable time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.