Far Cry 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Uc_arVX3G6s

yay back to the jungle like the first game

Phanteros
Hopefully they will like you turn into a mutant again.

Phanteros
Edit: stupid post editor.

Hopefully you can turn into a mutant again.

Smasandian
It will definitely not follow the first game.

It has the feel of the first game (the PC one) but it won't follow the storyline for it.

Kazenji
Teaser

CZIaT7PbKoI

KingD19
Do you know...the meaning of insanity?

Kazenji
hLjiAcVX6EM

Smasandian
I'm looking forward to this game. It reminds me a lot of the original PC game.

Kazenji
picUlc4ZGoc

Smasandian
It looks pretty damn awesome.

From what I read, the feel of the game is very similar to the first Far Cry, which is great because it was a ****ing great game.

Kazenji
I gave up near the end for Far Cry 1 too ****ing hard and i was only playing on normal.

Smasandian
Yeah, the last few levels are pretty annoying.

Not the greatest parts of the game but 75% of the game is kick ass. For when it was released, there wasn't a lot of games that gave you that open ended feel with scripted events, story telling and atmosphere.

Kazenji
ADJkah0e0Wk

Tzeentch._
I had assumed that the video was going to show some gameplay, or a story trailer.

I assumed wrong.

Estacado
You can find 15 min long gameplay videos on youtube...

Tzeentch._
I can probably find that vid on youtube, as well.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
I can probably find that vid on youtube, as well.

But of course your too lazy.

Kazenji
m7eIHN7dyds

GMw7W0Q3NZ8

Estacado
Looks awesome for some reason I hated Far Cry 2 found it boring because of the lack of fast travel but now they solved that also the 'world' looks much better as well .Cant wait to fry some ass with Milkor mgl...

Smasandian
I enjoyed Far Cry 2 but it definitely had problems.

One was that enemies respawned way too much, everybody tried to kill you and there wasn't a single non enemy NPC in the game.

In a game like Borderlands 2 where you have XP and all that jazz, its cool. But for a FPS that's trying to be realistic respawning enemies gets old very fast.

Kazenji
Read for this third game it will have RPG elements with a skill tree & crafting system.

Smasandian
Hmm, might make it better. It was just so frustrating to drive half way around the map, and kill a fair bit of guys everywhere, then do the mission, and then return and I'm killing the same guys again.

You wonder if whoever was in charge said, "that's the why I want it", when somebody said, "hmm does that make sense to have people constantly respawn every 15 minutes and have everybody try to kill you"?

Other than that, the action was intense, graphics were unreal, the atmosphere was fantastic and some of the ideas were kind of nifty.

Kazenji
Should be a norm now for games nowadays having a large world, Have some sort of fast travel option.

Estacado
Originally posted by Smasandian
I enjoyed Far Cry 2 but it definitely had problems.

One was that enemies respawned way too much, everybody tried to kill you and there wasn't a single non enemy NPC in the game.

In a game like Borderlands 2 where you have XP and all that jazz, its cool. But for a FPS that's trying to be realistic respawning enemies gets old very fast.
Also there were no mountains or hills available for climbing to get a good sniping spot...

Smasandian
Yeah, there was a few issues with the game.

I didn't mind not having fast travel that much. I liked driving around in the varied environments but it was enemies that tried to kill you every two second that ruined it.

What I like about GTA game is that it is open world but when you get a mission, it turns into something else. It's exicting.

In this game, the mission basically points you to a location on your map and you attack an open area. You rarely ever go inside and it's not really scripted.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Smasandian

From the sounds of things they've fixed that problem for the third game

Ask GameSpot: Will Far Cry 3 Fix All The Problems of Far Cry 2?

there's still going to be outposts you clear the them out and then that outposts becomes yours for fast travel

Smasandian
I like that idea. I don't mind do any sort of the clearing out outposts quests if they stay cleared out.

The game looks very promising. It looks like it's combining both the first and second game together.

Estacado

Kazenji
CFll8IVLMVw

Estacado
Looks phuckin great!!!!!!!

dadudemon
I'm reading lots of things I'd like to see in games.

One thing, though, is the graphics: it just doesn't do well enough to match-up with the environment. I think this type of game will be stupendous 5 years from now but, currently, it is just not there to really do this type of environment justice.

Kazenji
Seems fine enough to me the graphics in this game for this generation of gaming.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kazenji
Seems fine enough to me the graphics in this game for this generation of gaming.

I agree with you, no doubt. It is just that...it feels like the game was meant for 5 years from now. The graphics feel like they are too simple for what they are trying to do.

Kazenji
tsxWS2GheLo

s-XmsMZvi8A

GIrnxbffIW8

KingD19
Vaas and Handsome Jack are without a doubt, the 2 best villains of the year.

Kazenji
If either one of those don't get nominated this year... i call bullshit.

Kazenji
pF-Hxw-CcMs

Kazenji
djT-QSZGvfQ

Kazenji
huh

that can't be right....

were finally getting a game before North America.

KingD19
We don't get it till Dec. 4th, but apparently we're getting some extra polish. Might be worth the trade-off.

Kazenji
Looks like Ubisoft has done a good job of the 360 version going by what's on metacritic

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/far-cry-3

Smasandian
The PC version also got a fair amount of good scores.

It's looks very good. I got it pre-purchased on Steam. Looking forward to playing it. Even though some of the reviews stated that the SP missions are sometimes very good but largely disappointing has actually made me want it more because its much more structured and not as wide open as attacking outposts and stuff.

I don't mind that actually. I loved Far Cry, Crysis and Crysis 2 because it was open but provided a better and memorable story. I didn't like how they did SP missions in Far Cry 2 because it felt like it was still an open world. The missions were not memorable and felt bland.

Kazenji
I liked the buddy system with Far Cry 2, When you f'ked up somewhere someone else shows up to help you out.

Kazenji
HhXE_DiJuU0

Smasandian
I liked the buddy system with Far Cry 2, When you f'ked up somewhere someone else shows up to help you out.

Yeah, that was pretty nifty idea. A good way to hide regenerating health. (I think health was a set of checkpoints and if you past one, you had to get a health kit)

I enjoyed Far Cry 2. I thought it was kind of a cool idea and something a bit different compared to other shooters. And it was gorgeous. It just had one major annoying thing about it.

KingD19
I didn't like being forced to euthenize my friend if they didn't make it in a fire fight because I was out of syringes. Mainly because buddy AI was so atrocious that they were begging to get shot.

Kazenji
Originally posted by KingD19
I didn't like being forced to euthenize my friend if they didn't make it in a fire fight because I was out of syringes. Mainly because buddy AI was so atrocious that they were begging to get shot.

It also depend on what weapons they were using, Like that Josef seriously he brings a Spas 12 to a firefight no expression

the one's carrying a AK-74 did alot better job of surviving for me.

Smasandian
It was typical of Far Cry 2 that it wasn't done completely right but it was a pretty cool idea.

It's weird, but Far Cry 2 is like Assassins Creed (the first game). Both games had awesome tech and some pretty cool ideas but not totally there in terms of being fun and well developed. The game needed to be made but it's clear that there were issues. But, like Assassins Creed 2, which was freaking awesome, I'm hoping the third game is just as good.

It looks awesome though. I really liked how they brought back the binoculars and tagging people. Best feature in the original game, and the only useful binoculars in any game.

Estacado
Been playing it for about 12 hours so far it's great!10/10
I only completed about 10 story mission was taking my time with crafting ,hunting,unlocking radio towers and claiming outposts.

Kazenji
I haven't even done 10 story missions, Too busy exploring

came across some of Vaas's pirates and was about time stealth kill them all, Next minute a tiger shows up and takes them out then next it notices me.

Estacado

Smasandian
Oh I forget, everybody else gets the game before NA.

Kazenji

Kazenji
Lf1gS62oE6Q

Estacado
have you used any of the rabid dog skins for crafting?

i got myself some of them but haven't used any.
I crafted every equipment.On the 1st part of the map.Keep almost every skin they will be necessary later .As for the last extended versions you will need to complete those hunting missins cause there will beunique animals in them like maneater shark,black panther,white roger...etcHunter missions are unlocked when you capture an outpost.

Estacado
After playing about 35 it's still 10/10 for me taking my time on doing side missions and finding relics.I unlocked all radio towers ,liberated all outposts,got all weapons ,crafted all equipment.

Kazenji
I've been liking the game, but i felt they could have had a bit more polish on the grass for the console version.

Kazenji
update

i worked out what my problem was i wasn't using a HDMI cable with the 360.

BackFire
This game is pretty amazing. I remember playing Far Cry 2 and being frustrated by the amount of good ideas that didn't meet their potential because of other bad design choices (like respawning outposts and a fairly bland world). I was very happy to see that pretty much all the flaws were fixed for Far Cry 3.

The story missions are mostly decent, with some ranging from good to bad. But the real star is the joy of liberating various outposts. The amount of freedom is great, and they did a great job of fully supporting every style of play. Guns blazing or stealth, it's satisfying and fun. Personally I find the stealth aspect the most enjoyable. One of the most satisfying things in this game is a methodically take out enemies one by one without them every knowing you're there, and then butchering the last one in one of the various melee kill moves which are extremely satisfying.

Also a lot of fun is the hunting missions, as well as the light platforming of climbing to the top of the radio towers.

The story itself has its problems but does its job in being engaging enough to where it isn't a hindrance. But much like Skyrim, the star is the world and the side missions. Really impressed with this one. Also has great graphics.

Smasandian
Yeah I can't wait to play it.....when I get a new computer. It's one of those games I'm just going to wait until I can play the game on high (at least).

Crysis 3 will be the same thing.

I tried playing it and it was choppy at Medium. It was playable but I wasn't going to get the same experience if I just wait.

I had a lot of fun though.

Kazenji
The Vaas that never was

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/01/10/far-cry-3-the-vaas-that-never-was

Kazenji

Kazenji

P-Geyser
I just beat this game not to long ago (still need more to do though)Though you guys will most likely laugh...I most def made a boneheaded move. I chose to join Citra embarrasment

Kazenji
I still haven't finished the game myself.

Kazenji
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

A downloadable PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 spin-off is due to launch on 1st May

Terminator and Aliens actor Biehn is likely voicing the game's eye-patched protagonist Sargent Rex Colt, whose mission it is to defeat a rogue cyborg army

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-08-far-cry-3-blood-dragon-gets-release-date-and-michael-biehn

S4OqTeYv2dc

Kazenji
Saturday Morning style cartoon trailer

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-14605-Far-Cry-3--Blood-Dragon-Trailer-is-a-Saturday-Morning-Cartoon-Treat.html

Kazenji
Just got Blood Dragon yesterday

so much 80's movie references with the Terminator style music playing and the song from predator in the helicopter and that's just the start of it.

Kazenji
Blood Dragon to become a franchise and to get a sequel

Estacado
Gonna get this soon..

Kazenji
From what i hear the main campaign is only 3 hours, Plus then you've also got clearing the garrisons and all the other stuff like the other Far Cry 3

i'm glad that they're expanding this one into a franchise.

Zack Fair
Far Cry 3 is pretty damn fun.

Its like playing Crysis but with a lot more attitude

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.