Marvel DC Character Swap

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Newjak
Now there have been a couple of threads about this topic before, but I wanted to actually promote a format for Marcel/DC to do this.

I was hoping you guys would be willing to give ideas on what characters you think would get swapped and also any changes you would make to the format I've suggested.

I think Marvel and DC should only get to swap 2 characters from the other company. Marvel would get to choose two and DC would get to choose 2.

Then those characters would get inserted into the other universe for 2 years. The company then could do whatever they wanted with those characters. The only thing is that the characters would have to have their own monthly release bare minimum, although they could appear in any number of other titles as well.

The characters also could not appear in the owner companies titles, they must be left out, maybe mentioned that they left.

So for instance is DC took Spiderman he would have to have a monthly title being churned out by DC but also Marvel couldn't use Spider-Man, Also no alternate reality versions could take their place everything must be used mainstream.

The characters could still be used in all other media by the owner company though. Like if DC took Thor Thor would only appear in movies produced under the Marvel banner and rights, and Thor could not appear in DC media.

Also the owner company would still receive a small amount of profit from the character's sales at the other company.

So do you guys think about the above format and which characters would you like to see swapped, and how do you think those characters would be handled by the other company what kinds of stories would be written for them etc?

Bentley
So I'm assuming the published books would still be owned by said company for reprint, right? The point of this is mostly, crossover and in universe interactions; would they include Rogue Galleries and regular cast of each book or just the name itself?

Newjak
Originally posted by Bentley
So I'm assuming the published books would still be owned by said company for reprint, right? The point of this is mostly, crossover and in universe interactions; would they include Rogue Galleries and regular cast of each book or just the name itself? That is actually something I didn't think about,

I think the company that printed the books should be allowed to keep them only a small amount of royalties would given to the owner company of the character.

as for rouges and cast members I didn't think they should be included. I was thinking more that the character is getting inserted into a universe by themselves maybe talking with the other character that got picked if they knew them.

That way the character is introduced to new people and events and stories hopefully. So essentially just the name only, unless you think that would be a mistake. Basically I wanted to see how those characters picked would do in a new setting.

Bentley
I think the characters in a different area would be interesting -I think that iconic characters like Superman can survive in all kind of storytelling-, but most people would just find it odd. The crossover potential would be huge though, but it would be a huge gamble for established characters.

Jack Hawksmoor in the Marvel Universe would be sweet. Fantastic Four at DC would work too.

Newjak
That's what my reasoning to, it would interesting to see.

CPT Space Bomb
It wouldn't work. Part of any big time hero is comprised of their rogues gallery. If Thor couldn't fight Loki, Mangog, Absorbing man, Surtur and the like...it just wouldn't be the same. Same for Spidey with Doc Oc, or Batman with Joker...

However, my choices for this experiment would be:

Marvel: They get Hal Jordan and Barry Allen
DC: They get Robert Reynolds and Ororo Munroe.

Bentley
Is that a subtle way of making Wally Flash again? big grin

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Bentley
Is that a subtle way of making Wally Flash again? big grin Maybeeeee whistle

Newjak
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
It wouldn't work. Part of any big time hero is comprised of their rogues gallery. If Thor couldn't fight Loki, Mangog, Absorbing man, Surtur and the like...it just wouldn't be the same. Same for Spidey with Doc Oc, or Batman with Joker...

However, my choices for this experiment would be:

Marvel: They get Hal Jordan and Barry Allen
DC: They get Robert Reynolds and Ororo Munroe. It isn't just limited to heroes the company could also take a villain as well stick out tongue.

Also I think it could work cause heroes get new rogues all the time.

Also the company could take a hero and one of their rogues to stick out tongue

SevenShackles
hummm the 'swap' here can also go for villains/supporting cast and such... as in if marvel gets batman and DC get daredevil since their absence leaves a void they can fill each-others void such as daredevil having to deal with Gotham and the likes of killer croc and two-face with nightwing and co. playing supporting roles. same with batman maybe having to deal with hells kitchen, Hyde, the kingpin and even team-ups with luke cage, ironfist or the whole heroes for hire crew. batman/moonknight annual!!! wooo!
so maybe not getting to bring along their own villains isnt such a bad thing?

for DC ill give them ; Dr.Doom and Thanos
for Marvel ill give them; Nightwing and Captain Atom

give DC better villains who will threaten both DC's heroes and villains and give marvel the chance to make a big hero of captain atom and have nightwing kick some ass!

http://quityourdayjob.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/dr-doom.jpghttp://accel98.mettre-put-idata.over-blog.com/0/25/93/47/thanos.png
*********SWAP*********
http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/2912/32953/nightwing.jpghttp://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac280/kujwa/Captain_Atom_005.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.