Classic Quasar vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Haven't followed Quasar lately, but I know he's become some kind of energy being for a bit. If that's still true, just use the classic version, and if it's not you could use his current feats too.

Who wins?

zopzop
Thor overwhelmingly.

Thor's magic based attacks will chew up Quasar. Thor's strong enough to break his energy constructs. Nothing Quasar can do will BFR Thor (Mjolnir will always return to his hand). In short : Quasar is screwed.

cdtm
Wasn't Thor one of the characters Quasar was holding off with a shield, before Thanos blasted through it like tissue paper?

zopzop
Don't recall to be honest. But I tend to doubt it.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by cdtm
Wasn't Thor one of the characters Quasar was holding off with a shield, before Thanos blasted through it like tissue paper? Yes Masterson, I believe

Quasar has three decent shield feats off the top of my mind
That, holding off Galactus, and protecting the heroes from the Lord Mar-Vell blast.

Then he's got a bunch of shitty ones...

JakeTheBank
Thor for the massive majority.

dmills
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor for the massive majority. For the massive majority?

zopzop
^
How about 'r@pe stomp'? Because that's what's gonna happen.

dmills
No. No it won't. A healthy majority sure, something like 7/10 at best.

Slaanesh
Thor wins a small majority..

Don Corleone
I'd bet on Thor every single time.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Yes Masterson, I believe

Quasar has three decent shield feats off the top of my mind
That, holding off Galactus, and protecting the heroes from the Lord Mar-Vell blast.

Then he's got a bunch of shitty ones...

he actually fought Masterson & wasnt too bad at it; quite the opposite.

then again, Elvis _was_ the better fighter from the jump (SHIELD training), but it didnt end up a stomp for either side in the end (altho Id say Thor *wouldve* taken him had it continued.........)

Tazer

rotiart
Masterful is no Thor.. But he had the power of Thor! So pounding on quasars shield with several other bricks and the shields didn't break until quasar let his concentration lapse and thanos or warlock I forget blasted from the inside.

Wendell can manipulate a lot of energy but then his shields are vulnerable to certain odd energy types like annihilus for example... Which magic probably falls under.

Wendell does seem to have learned a few tricks... But overall I'd give the true thundergod 8/10... Cause a god blast is a scary thing for anyone to face...

zopzop
Originally posted by rotiart
Cause a god blast is a scary thing for anyone to face...

The Godblast would never touch Quasar, he just QJ out the way. No the real problem, like you said, is Thor's magical lightening and other magic based attacks. That's why I give Thor the majority over Quasar.

rotiart
Quasar has never used the quantum jump in my recollection as an attack dodger... He typically throws shields up.. He's quantum jump before while sittin behind his shields but with as much as I've read i can remember Wendell ever pulling a Blink on an attack...

But semantics aside I do agree on the result

dmills
Not sure if the magic limitation is still in effect. He protected the original Annihilators from Mar-vell's blast, he also recently was able to hold beta ray bill's storm in check. Also is there a difference between Thor's magic bolts and the ones that he calls down from the atmosphere? I'm not sure.

Rage.Of.Olympus
During the Quasar containment scene with all the heroes, it should be noted that Masterson was heavily hesitant on attacking due to Captain America's orders and IIRC performed a single throw, then watched the others or something of the sort. He was against going offensive.

rotiart
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
During the Quasar containment scene with all the heroes, it should be noted that Masterson was heavily hesitant on attacking due to Captain America's orders and IIRC performed a single throw, then watched the others or something of the sort. He was against going offensive.

And yet his shields were taking hits from multiple 100 tonners all at once... And in this fight it's a one on one.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Impressive I guess. Anyways, I guarantee you that if Thor and Quasar fought, constructs are being smashed and broken through one way or another. Again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.