Kar Vastor and Mace Windu versus Darth Maul and Anakin Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stealth Moose
The setting is a bowling alley. No special rules. Everyone is considered at the peak of their careers, etc. It is assumed Anakin isn't becoming one with the Force and simply soloing. Discuss.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
The setting is a bowling alley. No special rules. Everyone is considered at the peak of their careers, etc. It is assumed Anakin isn't becoming one with the Force and simply soloing. Discuss.

What do you mean one with the Force? Are you saying that Anakin doesn't enter the zone? Make yourself a little more clear please.

Nephthys
Team one in a murder-stomp. It's like a regular stomp, but more murderesque.

SlightlyFlaccid
I haven't read Shatterpoint in ages and can't remember the finer details of Windu's duel with Vastor. Now, with that said.....

I suspect Maul could defeat Vastor by virtue of vastly superior and moar refined training. He's obviously not as strong as his opponent, but much more agile and a skilled martial artist. Vastor's raw power might be beyond Maul's, but I don't remember Vastor being a trained Force-user at all. Superior swordsmanship, agility, martial arts skill, and being something of a tank in terms of stamina.... I suspect the good Sith wins, though the duel might last a while.

Anakin, uber-powers aside, is ultimately no match for Windu in skill. He succumbs to the dark one's weapon. wink

Nephthys
Mace estimated that Vastor possessed Force Strength on par with Yoda or Anakin. He also said that even on his best day he wouldn't be able to beat him (or something to that effect). He then proceeded to back this up by getting his ass broked.

ares834
And proceeding that punked Vastor with the force. Nick Rostu also said that Vader's power was vastly greater than Vastor in Jedi Twilight(?). Still I doubt Maul will be able to defeat him and he should give Anakin a fight.

Nephthys
Vastor was distracted and Mace blindsided him. Being weaker than Vader is hardly something to cry about. He's one of the most powerful Sith in the mythos.

ares834
Originally posted by Nephthys
Vastor was distracted and Mace blindsided him.

Was he? I just recall Windu is the force to leave Vastor on his ass.

Oh I agree. As I said Vastor should be able to defeat Maul and at the very least gave Skywalker a fight.

Nephthys
When are ou talking about? I'm only recalling the end when Nick distracts him and Mace lobs a Vibroshield at his back (or somesuch).

If Vastor can beat Windu I'd say he can give Anakin more than a fight. Probably his ass.

ares834
Originally posted by Nephthys
When are ou talking about? I'm only recalling the end when Nick distracts him and Mace lobs a Vibroshield at his back (or somesuch).

Yeah the end. Mace Windu uses the force to throw something at Vastor. I'll check my copy later tonight.

Windu was holding back for fear of falling to the dark side though.

Jinsoku Takai
Don't remember anything about a distraction though. Vibroshield? Yes. Distarction? Not sure, doesn't sound familiar.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by ares834
Yeah the end. Mace Windu uses the force to throw something at Vastor. I'll check my copy later tonight.

Windu was holding back for fear of falling to the dark side though.

Kicking Maces butt in a "jungle rules" street fight is a whole 'nother story than beating Mace in an all-out, anything goes (including lightsaber combat - MACES SPECIALTY) fight.

ares834
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
Kicking Maces butt in a "jungle rules" street fight is a whole 'nother story than beating Mace in an all-out, anything goes (including lightsaber combat - MACES SPECIALTY) fight.

Yes. I agree. Although Vastor will give Windu some trouble if he doesn't resort to the force immedaitly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.