HP Doomsday vs King Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
HP DD is teleported to Asgard and goes on a rampage. King Thor shows up to stop him. No BFR. Who wins?

Galan007
KT more than likely.

Eye-beams sufficient to slag Cap's shield AND Wolvie's skeleton would put quite a hurting on DD, me thinks -- as would the hammer throw he used to one-shot Desak in the Destroyer armor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
King Thor incinerates him. His eye beams aren't weaksauce like that punk Darkseid's Omega Effect. innuendur

Originally posted by Galan007
KT more than likely.

Eye-beams sufficient to slag Cap's shield AND Wolvie's skeleton would put quite a hurting on DD, me thinks -- as would the hammer throw he used to one-shot Desak in the Destroyer armor.

I enjoyed the fact that even the most basic of his attacks were so incredibly powerful. It was Jurgens stroking Thor fans after writing a not quite so powerful Odin. At least in comparison to the previous creative team. IIRC he said something along the lines that he's King Thor could do pretty much anything when he needed to.

Symbolized by the Desak fight. He went from having all of his attacks countered by a less powerful version to one shotting the superior incarnation after an epiphany.

durthor

Galan007
^ thumb up

Tbh, the whole KT saga was some of the best Thor material I've ever read.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I agree. It was obvious what was going to happen from the beginning -time manipulation- but it was still a very interesting read. I personally enjoyed it, Jurgens started out very strong with some classic Thor tales and ended almost as strong with a very unorthodox take. It's unfortunate that the run was cut short. On the bright side, we got Oeming's crazy finish.

*Stares fondly into the Sky* Man, that was a great time to be a Thor fan despite the cancellation.

JakeTheBank
King Thor. Agreed on Jurgens' run being great from beginning to end.

vansonbee
King Thor no contest, but I wouldn't doubt that Doomsday punches won't hurt him!

Too bad about the distance range.

h1a8
If bfr isn't allowed then HP DD wins.
The OE didn't do anything and DD could adapt to anything thrown at him.
The only way to beat him was to one shot him and KT is not doing that.

Just to make it clear of how strong the OE is listen to this.
Superman couldn't put a scratch on the indestructible missles when he tried to stop them. But DS from far away send the OE after the missles. When they struck the missles they became instant vapor.
From Superman not being able to put a scratch on them vs. instant vapor from miles away is astronomically more powerful than Superman yet DD took the OE (both beams and not one like the missles) from a much closer range and survived. This only made him mad.

cdtm
The funny thing is, Darkseid ended up looking a lot stronger then Superman, but DD resisting the OE was still total PIS.

And Thor wins, no sweat.

DickBlazer
DD takes out over confident Thor

In his own backyard

shokosugi
HP DD destroys Thor

Damborgson
Originally posted by shokosugi
HP DD destroys Thor You do know I said KING Thor right...

Harbinger
King Thor was beastly. One of the few characters in his tier that I'd give the edge over HPDD.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by Harbinger
King Thor was beastly. One of the few characters in his tier that I'd give the edge over HPDD. Skyfather?

Harbinger
Trans, going by the tiers thread the board put together.

thanos-prime
Trans, going by the tiers thread the board put together. Well he should actually be in the Skyfather tier but w/e.

Batman-Prime
HP DD adapts and wins.

Kasper Gutman
Holy fudge this is King Thor people. HP DD is turned to sludge or some other udge.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
HP DD adapts and wins. Based on ?

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on ?

I tend to ignore trolls but...

WTF?

The only little thing a megalomaniac like Thanos would call "Mount Thanos" is... and you are on top of it? Jesus, disgusting.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I tend to ignore trolls but...

WTF?

The only little thing a megalomaniac like Thanos would call "Mount Thanos" is... and you are on top of it? Jesus, disgusting. You say you ignore trolls but the only reason you responded was to flame me. I asked a legit question here on how DD wins or what you were basing it off of. Can you ask the question or can't you ?

h1a8
You say you ignore trolls but the only reason you responded was to flame me. I asked a legit question here on how DD wins or what you were basing it off of. Can you ask the question or can't you ?

You are trolling because you know what he is basing it off of.

He said, DD adapts and wins.

What could he possibly be basing that off of? Could it be the Hunter prey comics?

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
You are trolling because you know what he is basing it off of.

He said, DD adapts and wins.

What could he possibly be basing that off of? Could it be the Hunter prey comics? DD has never been able to evolve past physical force. Ever. There's always been a level which can damage him and though he can adapt his body past certain attacks he's never been able to evolve past physical force or power, ever.

By his logic you can say DD adapts and beats anyone but if you don't have any evidence to support him evolving past a King Thor like being you have nothing.

Cogito
DD has never been able to evolve past physical force. Ever. There's always been a level which can damage him and though he can adapt his body past certain attacks he's never been able to evolve past physical force or power, ever.

Logic would follow that DD does indeed evolve in response to physical force. Not past physical force, mind you, but in response. The same way he evolves in response to an energy blast. There's always someone bigger and badder who'll take him to school.

Now, eventually DD would evolve beyond King Thor's abilities. Does that happen on the first run? No, probably not.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Cogito
Logic would follow that DD does indeed evolve in response to physical force. Not past physical force, mind you, but in response. The same way he evolves in response to an energy blast. There's always someone bigger and badder who'll take him to school.

Now, eventually DD would evolve beyond King Thor's abilities. Does that happen on the first run? No, probably not. Then you agree King Thor wins. Great.

paladius

JakeTheBank
He lost his arm after fighting Hulk and Thing in unarmed combat bereft of the Odinforce. Logan just cut his arm badly, but didn't cut it off.

quanchi112
Originally posted by paladius
king thor got his arm choped off by wolverine and was bleeding after captain america smashed his face with his shield, DD murders him He had the odinforce cut off from him or is this another example of screw the context.

Silent Master
king thor got his arm choped off by wolverine and was bleeding after captain america smashed his face with his shield, DD murders him

Wolverine didn't chop of KT's arm, and he was cut off from the Odin-power when Cap hit him, which BTW was after being in a fight with Hulk/Thing.

BTW, Thor's arm was removed during the Hulk/Thing fight,

paladius

JakeTheBank
you see on 1 pannel wolverine cutting his arm and thor holding it in pain the next pannel you him missing an arm? like i said wolverine cut off his arm.... or would you like to believe thing and hulk were able to rip his arm with physical force? which is lamer then getting it cuy by the way

Do you want the scans?

Silent Master
you see on 1 pannel wolverine cutting his arm and thor holding it in pain the next pannel you him missing an arm? like i said wolverine cut off his arm.... or would you like to believe thing and hulk were able to rip his arm with physical force? which is lamer then getting it cuy by the way

No, he didn't...Thor was shown having both arms after getting cut by Wolverine, he wasn't shown as missing the arm until after the Hulk/Thing fight.

paladius

JakeTheBank
YES PLEASE

One moment.

paladius

quanchi112
maybe i dont remeber the scans correctly i would like to see them, but even if thats the case its still very lame to get your arm turn off by freakin thing and hulk Lol thats pathetic How is it lame to get your arm ripped off by the hulk with help in an all ditch effort to kill you while separating you from the odinforce.....?

paladius

Naija boy
KT wrecks him

quanchi112
because its lame to get turn apart by freakin heralds Thor without the odinforce is on Hulk's level. LOL.

JakeTheBank
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/King%20Thor/KingThor.jpg

Here, Logan swipes Thor's arm, but his arm is still very much attached. In the same scene we also see Dr. Strange place a trinket around Thor's neck just as he finishes obliterating Wolverine. Keep this in mind.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/King%20Thor/KingThor1.jpg

Strange cuts off King Thor from the Odinforce, which effectively brings him back to his Classic Thor levels and at this point in time, he's also unworthy of Mjolnir. This is also where Hulk and Thing come into play.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/King%20Thor/KingThor2.jpg

After hours of extending combat and losing his injured arm and an eye alike, Thor emerges victorious over Hulk and Thing in unarmed physical combat.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/King%20Thor/KingThor3.jpg

Cap swings in and attacks Thor.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/King%20Thor/KingThor4.jpg

Balder gets killed by Loki...

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/King%20Thor/KingThor5.jpg

...who winds up removing the trinket Strange placed over King Thor, restoring his connection to the Odinforce as he burns straight through Cap and his shield.

paladius

JakeTheBank
King Thor without the Odinforce is just regular Thor powerlevel wise.

quanchi112
we are talking about king thor rolling on floor laughing The Thor that took them on was without the odinforce. It was cut off by Strange. Do you read our posts ?

SquallX
The Thor that took them on was without the odinforce. It was cut off by Strange. Do you read our posts ?

While he lost an arm to Logan with the Odin Force on.

Silent Master
Originally posted by SquallX
While he lost an arm to Logan with the Odin Force on.

He lost the arm during his fight with the Hulk and Thing.

Plus, Wolverine slashed Thor's wrist/forearm, Thor's arm was removed above the elbow.

quanchi112
Originally posted by SquallX
While he lost an arm to Logan with the Odin Force on. Proof ? He didn't lose a limb and was easily tanking the incinerator beams which destroyed Loki so I think it's safe to say he was durable.

h1a8
DD has never been able to evolve past physical force. Ever. There's always been a level which can damage him and though he can adapt his body past certain attacks he's never been able to evolve past physical force or power, ever.

By his logic you can say DD adapts and beats anyone but if you don't have any evidence to support him evolving past a King Thor like being you have nothing.

This has nothing to do with DD evolving past not being one-shotted.
DD may not be able evolve past being one-shot (at least in the beginning). But he can evolve to resist a certain attack that is currently for the moment not one-shotting him. That means any attack Thor would apply to DD, which is not one-shotting him but merely hurting him, DD would evolve on the spot to become more and more resistant. That means it only gets better for DD as the fight progress and not worst.

Also, If DD catches KT then he can stomp him before KT makes another action. KT's only chance is to BFR at the start or keep him at a distance and hope he doesn't evolve past his attacks.

Diesldude
I agree with this ^^^. What people forget is that DS hit DD with his OE not once, but twice. The first one knocked him into a building, the second shot appears to have left a lot of blood on the ground and then DD is shown punching out of the ground. Against popular belief, the bloody mess on the floor after DS's second shot doesn't belong to DD. In the final book, superman says "According to waverider's story, this monster is made of solid mass, no blood, no tissue -- no vital organs." So no bloody mess. The bloody goo probably belonged to bystanders when DD crashed into the building.

DD survived 2 shots of Omega Beams as DS said "from point blank range" and beats him near to death in 2 panels. DS was so beat up that superman had to hook up a motherbox to heal him. There was nothing that could have stopped DD in that arc, other than bfr or what they did, which is bfr in itself. When DD crashlanded on apokolyps, DS actually contemplated evacuating the entire planet. When have you seen DS this scared? DD destroyed DS in that they had to retcon him into an avatar. Eradicator's energy amped superman with the motherbox was a brittle stick man to him. There is nothing King Thor can do here other than bfr or retreat.

Silent Master
Or just hit him with Adamantium+ level force/energy.

Kasper Gutman
DD's durabilty is not above Wolverine's adamantium skeleton and certainly not even close to Cap's Shield in my opinion. There's even more examples during King Thor's run of him scrapping seemingly indestructable objects. I think the writer had a short list of Marvel's most impervious items and just ticked them off one at a time.

Kasper Gutman
I think King Thor's eye beams are a huge step above Darkseid's Omega Beams. I'm kind a curious if anyone out there thinks they are fairly equal in power.

OneDumbG0
^ No. Omega Effect's been tanked by Superman and his HV, diverted by GL energy, completely deflected by Wonder Woman's bracers and for those who keep arguing that pre-Crisis is valid or Darkseid, they were also diverted by Firestorm.

King Thor blew right through Cap's shield and reduced Wolverine's adamantium skeleton to slag. Originally posted by Diesldude
When have you seen DS this scared? http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/DarkseidFear.jpg

vin

quanchi112
This has nothing to do with DD evolving past not being one-shotted.
DD may not be able evolve past being one-shot (at least in the beginning). But he can evolve to resist a certain attack that is currently for the moment not one-shotting him. That means any attack Thor would apply to DD, which is not one-shotting him but merely hurting him, DD would evolve on the spot to become more and more resistant. That means it only gets better for DD as the fight progress and not worst.

Also, If DD catches KT then he can stomp him before KT makes another action. KT's only chance is to BFR at the start or keep him at a distance and hope he doesn't evolve past his attacks. The hammer toss which oneshotted the desak destroyer armor who was supposedly immune to godly powers.

Boom. You also have no proof it takes one shot to kill him and that he evolves past anything else.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Or just hit him with Adamantium+ level force/energy.

Which wouldn't do anything since the OE couldn't do anything to him.
Note: the OE instant vapored two missles that were the equivalent of adamantium. KT probably would have destroyed the missles as well but not with the kind of conviction the OE did it with.

JakeTheBank
Note: the OE instant vapored two missles that were the equivalent of adamantium. KT probably would have destroyed the missles as well but not with the kind of conviction the OE did it with.

Destroying part of Cap's shield and using a single Mjolnir toss to decapitate the Destroyer is infinitely more impressive than what the OE did and failed to do in that story, though.

Silent Master

Proof that they were "equivalent of adamantium"?

h1a8
The hammer toss which oneshotted the desak destroyer armor who was supposedly immune to godly powers.

Boom. You also have no proof it takes one shot to kill him and that he evolves past anything else.
You are always arguing its all about how the characters are portrayed and not just about feats. Well
The proof was in the intentions of the writer. Did you even read the arc?

h1a8
Proof that they were "equivalent of adamantium"?

Superman couldn't put a scratch on them and Superman is strong enough to at least dent adamantium if not crack it.

Silent Master
Superman couldn't put a scratch on them and Superman is strong enough to at least dent adamantium if not crack it.

No, he's not.

BTW, Cap's shield >>> Adamantium.

JakeTheBank
Even if we assume Superman can dent/crack adamantium, and said missiles were composed of a material equal to or around the same level of adamantium, Cap's shield > adamantium.

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Even if we assume Superman can dent/crack adamantium, and said missiles were composed of a material equal to or around the same level of adamantium, Cap's shield > adamantium.

Actually there was a thread about that. It wasn't proven that Cap's shield>>>Adamantium. If it was, then what was the deciding evidence?

JakeTheBank
Actually there was a thread about that. It wasn't proven that Cap's shield>>>Adamantium. If it was, then what was the deciding evidence?

It is greater than adamantium due to its unique qualities which include absorbing force and energy directed against it. Thor's unfettered strikes with Mjolnir have dented the shield when backed by the power of the Odinforce, and without it, the shield has stood up to his blows. So too has the shield blocked the Hulk's fists. And most people, even those who believe Superman is ultimately stronger, can at least concede that a Mjolnir strike from Thor and a punch from the Hulk are equal or very close to the power of Superman's punches.

Though, I have a sinking suspicion you'll vehemently deny that they're even close to his striking power, so this may likely fall on deaf ears.

Regardless, Cap's shield has actual feats to draw on as does adamantium. Those missiles, while shown to be durable as far as opposed to Superman goes, don't have the feats to suggest they're on par with either adamantium or the shield.

Both materials which crumpled before King Thor's eyebeams as if they were nothing.

And that's to say nothing of the Destroyer Armor, which King Thor also damaged greviously.

drak knight

Silent Master
Originally posted by drak knight
the skeleton remains unharmed

Look again

JakeTheBank
i am sorry where did you see king thor destroying adamantium? i just looked at the scans and all you can see is king thor shooting his eye beams at wolverine and you see wolverines flesh being destroyed but the skeleton remains unharmed

the odin force gives him control of the rune magick it doesnt give him more strength or more durability therefor king thor has the same weak durability just as ordinary thor, wolverine cuts his arm and you see king thor holding it with pain, hulk and thing tear off his arm again very low durability, captain america hurting king thor with his shield again very low showing of durability.

overall king thor didnt do anything to impress and to even show he is a league beyond ordinary thor , so the burdon is on the king thor supporters to show any good feat what so ever that he has because as far as i can see aside of powerful eye beams he blows , his punch while he was very mad didnt even knock out wolverine he is a high herald thats it

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/King%20Thor/KingThor-1.jpg

^ You can clearly see the adamatium being warped and one of Logan's claws actually breaking, and that was just as Strange placed the trinket over KT's neck to depower him. And yes, the Odin Force boosts his durability as shown in numerous comics. The Destroyer's beams have outright killed Thor normally, and yet, both as King Thor and again with the portion of the OF under JMS, Thor tanked the disintegration beams. Thor with the Odinforce also endured an attack from Bor, which from his own words, would have killed him had he not had the Odinforce. Heimdall with the OF also tanked Mjolnir shots to the dome, so there's a precendent set that the Odinforce increases durability to a great degree. Without the OF, as King Thor was cut off in those scans I showed, he effectively became "classic" Thor in terms of power, strength, durability, etc.

King Thor is a Skyfather based on his feats as a whole and the context of the Reigning arc.

drak knight

drak knight

JakeTheBank
stating it as a fact wont do the trick, prove that the odin force king thor had increased his durability and strength, you can see that even with it his arm was cut by wolverine and he was holding it with pain and its not like the second strange put that thing on his neck he suddenly lost the odin force right away he was in hurt before he lost the odin force.

stating that those blows would have killed him is bullshit , prove that the odin force actually made him more durable or stronger

what feats are you reffering that can put him on a skyfather level? if we give him all the credit we can he may be a trans but hell not a skyfather... skyfathers can destroy galaxies what did he ever do to put him as a skyfather? his feats are at best a trans level feats

Tanking a much more powerful Destroyer's disinegration beams who killed classic Thor is all the proof anyone should need. If you want scans, you're more than welcome to ask Rage or ODG for them; I don't have all my Thor comics at the ready outside of a few. If anything, Thor showed that his durabilty to slashing/cutting damage was about the same, but his durability to virtually everything else was superior to that of Classic Thor.

One-shot killing a being who was alledgedly immune to godly powers while animating the Destroyer Armor, which had only ever been damaged before by Celestials when Odin w/Asgard donned the armor is Skyfather level power. We also have the narration and the characters in the story noting how King Thor had become nearly as powerful as Odin himself was.

Personally, I feel King Thor was low/mid Skyfather. Inexperience and his lack of humility/arrogance held him back from being Odin's equal or superior, unlike Rune King Thor.

Silent Master
King Thor dented the shield in an earlier story, such a feat BTW takes more than Thor strength.

JakeTheBank
And there's also a fight in which Thor beats the shit out of Ulik with greater ease and speed that he had done ever before, in which Orikal and the King of the Trolls confirm that the Odinforce was already slowly becoming Thor's to command.

drak knight

quanchi112
You are always arguing its all about how the characters are portrayed and not just about feats. Well
The proof was in the intentions of the writer. Did you even read the arc? The writer even admitted in an interview Superman had the power to kill him. There are also no feats to suggest he can best someone along the lines of King Thor either. Either way you want to play I reign supreme.

h1a8
It is greater than adamantium due to its unique qualities which include absorbing force and energy directed against it. Thor's unfettered strikes with Mjolnir have dented the shield when backed by the power of the Odinforce, and without it, the shield has stood up to his blows. So too has the shield blocked the Hulk's fists. And most people, even those who believe Superman is ultimately stronger, can at least concede that a Mjolnir strike from Thor and a punch from the Hulk are equal or very close to the power of Superman's punches.

Though, I have a sinking suspicion you'll vehemently deny that they're even close to his striking power, so this may likely fall on deaf ears.

Regardless, Cap's shield has actual feats to draw on as does adamantium. Those missiles, while shown to be durable as far as opposed to Superman goes, don't have the feats to suggest they're on par with either adamantium or the shield.

Both materials which crumpled before King Thor's eyebeams as if they were nothing.

And that's to say nothing of the Destroyer Armor, which King Thor also damaged greviously. I can probably agree with you here. But I value the OE far more than any non abstract beam.

The mere fact that DD took it without dying proves to me that KT won't one-shot him. Don't get me wrong, KT will definitely do some damage to DD, but without a one shot DD can just evolve to become more resistant, or immune.

This is an interesting fight. KT clearly wins with a bfr though.

OneDumbG0
Actually there was a thread about that. It wasn't proven that Cap's shield>>>Adamantium. If it was, then what was the deciding evidence? Thor dented adamantium with Mjolnir in the very first appearance of adamantium. Savage Hulk has also dented adamantium in Secret Wars.

Thor's never dented Captain America's shield without the Odinforce. Savage Hulk's never dented Cap's shield either.

h1a8
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Thor dented adamantium with Mjolnir in the very first appearance of adamantium. Savage Hulk has also dented adamantium in Secret Wars.

Thor's never dented Captain America's shield without the Odinforce. Savage Hulk's never dented Cap's shield either.

I don't think they tried to dent it. They may have tried to hit Steve and Steve used the shield to block. I might be wrong here but it is a moot point though since the shield can absorb impact (adamantium can't). But adamantium may be more resistant against energy projection though. Thor's beam affected the shield far easier than Wolverine's claws (which is less thicker than CA's shield).

quanchi112
I can probably agree with you here. But I value the OE far more than any non abstract beam.

The mere fact that DD took it without dying proves to me that KT won't one-shot him. Don't get me wrong, KT will definitely do some damage to DD, but without a one shot DD can just evolve to become more resistant, or immune.

This is an interesting fight. KT clearly wins with a bfr though. The oe hasn't proven itself to be as powerful as a hammer toss from King Thor so you need a feat greater for the oe to illustrate your point.

Silent Master
I don't think they tried to dent it. They may have tried to hit Steve and Steve used the shield to block. I might be wrong here but it is a moot point though since the shield can absorb impact (adamantium can't). But adamantium may be more resistant against energy projection though. Thor's beam affected the shield far easier than Wolverine's claws (which is less thicker than CA's shield).

KT was angrier when he blasted Cap's shield, so it's a fair bet that he used more power than he did blasting Wolverine.

OneDumbG0
I don't think they tried to dent it. They may have tried to hit Steve and Steve used the shield to block. I might be wrong here but it is a moot point though since the shield can absorb impact (adamantium can't). But adamantium may be more resistant against energy projection though. Thor's beam affected the shield far easier than Wolverine's claws (which is less thicker than CA's shield). They weren't giving his shield a pat down. Don't be dense. Magneto has torn apart adamantium easily with his energy powers. He couldn't affect Cap's shield.

h1a8
They weren't giving his shield a pat down. Don't be dense. Magneto has torn apart adamantium easily with his energy powers. He couldn't affect Cap's shield. I'm pretty sure they didn't want to kill Steve did they? Anyway magnetic powers are not the same as energy beams. Plus there are lots of other things to think about. Like:

1. adamantium being bonded to Logan while the shield is not bonded to anything.

2. adamantium being more magnetic than the shield is

3. Has Magneto ever tried to tear the shield apart in the same fashion he separated Logan from his adamantium (although the shield is not bonded to anything)?

There's probably more.

The oe hasn't proven itself to be as powerful as a hammer toss from King Thor so you need a feat greater for the oe to illustrate your point. Energy projection is the not same as blunt force trauma. Comics constantly show this on a regular basis.

KT was angrier when he blasted Cap's shield, so it's a fair bet that he used more power than he did blasting Wolverine. Not sure if that logic works since it's all about the writer's intentions. If the writer wanted to show that KT being more angry used more power then you have a point. I'm not sure the writer was telling us this since Thor was trying to kill both of them.

OneDumbG0
I'm pretty sure they didn't want to kill Steve did they? Anyway magnetic powers are not the same as energy beams. Plus there are lots of other things to think about. Likemessedavage Hulk was. Thor wasn't trying to kill the adamantium bar he dented. Originally posted by h1a8

3. Has Magneto ever tried to tear the shield apart in the same fashion he separated Logan from his adamantium (although the shield is not bonded to anything)?

There's probably more. Bonding is wholly irrelevant. Magneto in a New Mutants comic stated he could not affect the "infernal substance" that made up Cap's shield:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/attachment.jpg

h1a8
Savage Hulk was. Thor wasn't trying to kill the adamantium bar he dented. Bonding is wholly irrelevant. Magneto in a New Mutants comic stated he could not affect the "infernal substance" that made up Cap's shield:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/attachment.jpg

So you are saying that Thor tried to hit CA with the same force he tried to destroy the adamantium with? I find that hard to believe. That would make both Thor a monster and the fact that it was mentioned that Thor holds back out of fear of killing a lie.

So one of my points was correct. The shield isn't magnetic. Don't worry, Magneto can't control wood either. But that doesn't mean wood>adamantium.

Damborgson

The shield isn't magnetic. yeah it is. Just wait a bit and ill get u the scan this afternoon.

h1a8
Originally posted by Damborgson
yeah it is. Just wait a bit and ill get u the scan this afternoon. Well if it is then it was bad writing that Mags couldn't control the shield. Maybe the writer didn't know it was or it was retconned later to being magnetic.

quanchi112
I'm pretty sure they didn't want to kill Steve did they? Anyway magnetic powers are not the same as energy beams. Plus there are lots of other things to think about. Like:

There's probably more.

Energy projection is the not same as blunt force trauma. Comics constantly show this on a regular basis.

Not sure if that logic works since it's all about the writer's intentions. If the writer wanted to show that KT being more angry used more power then you have a point. I'm not sure the writer was telling us this since Thor was trying to kill both of them. Yes, I know and between two attacks one attack clearly has shown greater force ie. hammer toss.

h1a8
Yes, I know and between two attacks one attack clearly has shown greater force ie. hammer toss.

I'm not following you.

quanchi112
I'm not following you. Both attacks create a certain amount of force but the evidence suggests by way o ffeats that King Thor's hammer toss is the more powerful of the two.

h1a8
Both attacks create a certain amount of force but the evidence suggests by way o ffeats that King Thor's hammer toss is the more powerful of the two.

They can't be equated. The beams had more of a burning property to them (not a blunt force).

A bulletproof vest can stop a bullet but fire can burn it. Does the fire provide more force than the bullet?

A better question is how can something burning be considered a force?

quanchi112
They can't be equated. The beams had more of a burning property to them (not a blunt force).

A bulletproof vest can stop a bullet but fire can burn it. Does the fire provide more force than the bullet?

A better question is how can something burning be considered a force? Both create a certain level o fforce but can still have different properties. Oe doesn't set you on fire you either resist it or i hurts you to varying degrees.

h1a8
Both create a certain level o fforce but can still have different properties. Oe doesn't set you on fire you either resist it or i hurts you to varying degrees. That's why they can't be equated, different properties.

The OE seems to either erase you or disintegrate you (burn).

quanchi112
That's why they can't be equated, different properties.

The OE seems to either erase you or disintegrate you (burn). Still both have force to them. You can compare the force.

h1a8
Still both have force to them. You can compare the force. How can you? One is burning and one is blunt.
If you are right then fire has more force than a bullet has when in contact with a bulletproof vest. But on the other-hand, asbestos can resist fire better and not so much a bullet. See my point?

Damborgson
Well if it is then it was bad writing that Mags couldn't control the shield. Maybe the writer didn't know it was or it was retconned later to being magnetic. sorry scanner is acting up. mad but anyways it was during avengers vs invaders where cap from the past fought ironman. IM used magnetism on caps shield and it worked just fine...but mags couldnt do it? weird.

cdtm
The oe hasn't proven itself to be as powerful as a hammer toss from King Thor so you need a feat greater for the oe to illustrate your point.

In terms of conventional damage, the OE has it's share of feats. For example, they decimated Cyborg Superman, Agogg, Lobo, destroyed missiles that Supermans fists couldn't even penetrate.. Lobo in particular should be capable of tanking of hammer simple hammer toss, given his insane damage soak.

CosmicComet
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/DarkseidFear.jpg

vin

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/vin.gif

cdtm
King Thor pwns.

quanchi112
How can you? One is burning and one is blunt.
If you are right then fire has more force than a bullet has when in contact with a bulletproof vest. But on the other-hand, asbestos can resist fire better and not so much a bullet. See my point? No, as they both require an amount of force.Originally posted by cdtm
In terms of conventional damage, the OE has it's share of feats. For example, they decimated Cyborg Superman, Agogg, Lobo, destroyed missiles that Supermans fists couldn't even penetrate.. Lobo in particular should be capable of tanking of hammer simple hammer toss, given his insane damage soak. This hammer toss oneshot killed a desak destroyer so that's easily more impressive than these showings and by the way the omega beams failed to kill DD.

cdtm
No, as they both require an amount of force. This hammer toss oneshot killed a desak destroyer so that's easily more impressive than these showings and by the way the omega beams failed to kill DD.

A Guardian couldn't kill him either, without self destructing..

Also, Darkseid clearly wasn't using the wipeout beams, otherwise he'd act surprised his body was still there.. Wipeouts are not the kinetic force OE's.

h1a8
No, as they both require an amount of force. This hammer toss oneshot killed a desak destroyer so that's easily more impressive than these showings and by the way the omega beams failed to kill DD.

Heat is a form of energy not force. Even if it was a force then one can not say that since X can take a beam then they can certainly take a bullet, or vice versa. This is because of things are immune or more resistant to certain forms of energy than others.

So we can't compare beams to hammer tosses.

The OE failed to kill DD is a good showing for DD and not a bad showing for the OE.

I disagree that that one shotting desak is more impressive than one shotting missles that Superman himself couldn't put a scratch on.

To add to HP DD, Darkseid hit each missile with only ONE beam each and from miles away and it instant vapored them (not slowly melt them away as in what KT did). But he hit DD with BOTH beams from close range. So DD took more than twice the force (in your logic) as each of those missles Superman couldn't put a scratch on. Now that's more impressive to me.

quanchi112
Originally posted by cdtm
A Guardian couldn't kill him either, without self destructing..

Also, Darkseid clearly wasn't using the wipeout beams, otherwise he'd act surprised his body was still there.. Wipeouts are not the kinetic force OE's. Ok but a gurdian isn't as powerful as King Thor so moot point.

DD resisted the force of his beams. Originally posted by h1a8
Heat is a form of energy not force. Even if it was a force then one can not say that since X can take a beam then they can certainly take a bullet, or vice versa. This is because of things are immune or more resistant to certain forms of energy than others.

So we can't compare beams to hammer tosses.

The OE failed to kill DD is a good showing for DD and not a bad showing for the OE.

I disagree that that one shotting desak is more impressive than one shotting missles that Superman himself couldn't put a scratch on.

To add to HP DD, Darkseid hit each missile with only ONE beam each and from miles away and it instant vapored them (not slowly melt them away as in what KT did). But he hit DD with BOTH beams from close range. So DD took more than twice the force (in your logic) as each of those missles Superman couldn't put a scratch on. Now that's more impressive to me. You can compare two forces and see which one is greater. King Thor's hammer toss is more impressive than any oe showing so you have no choice but to concede.

Most of your post is nonsensical.

cdtm
Ok but a gurdian isn't as powerful as King Thor so moot point.

Thor also failed to harm Genis-Vell, and got knocked down by his energy attack.

JakeTheBank
^ That was also before Thor completely took over Earth and gained a greater power level due to mastering more of the Odinforce, iirc.

quanchi112
Originally posted by cdtm
Thor also failed to harm Genis-Vell, and got knocked down by his energy attack. That was Thor about a hundred years or so before this.

Damborgson
Bump

Starscream M
prob hp dd

akhenaten
King Thor ftw

h1a8
HP wins

Nihilist
King Thor melts him

ozz81
kt easy

Bentley
KT should win the majority.

Naija boy
Kt wrecks.

akhenaten
King Thor rapes

Starscream M
Originally posted by Naija boy
Kt wrecks. was KT the guy who broke cap's shield? or was that RKT?

akhenaten
Originally posted by Starscream M
was KT the guy who broke cap's shield? or was that RKT?

it was king thor and he didnt break the shield he vaporized it with his eye beams

h1a8
The OE>>>King Thor's eye blasts
Also DD can evolve to become immune to any attack, as long as it doesn't one shot him.
Also DD can blitz him and tear him to pieces in a matter of moments.

OneDumbG0
The OE>>>King Thor's eye blasts
Also DD can evolve to become immune to any attack, as long as it doesn't one shot him.
Also DD can blitz him and tear him to pieces in a matter of moments. sam x3

Diesldude
King Thor Dies in 2 panels. DC doesn't have adamantium, the missiles were made with the closest stuff to it on DC's side, which DS vaporized with his OE. Cap's shield is iconic and this is why KT melting it appears to be more impressive when it shouldn't be. Melting Cap's shield doesn't mean he is going to melt Doomsday because melting or cutting through Adamantium isn't really a rare occurance. Reed has shown to have God knows what in his closet, plastic toy guns which scare off Celesitals who slap around IG users, so it shouldn't really hard to believe that he would have laser guns which can cut through Adamantium. DC doesn't have adamantium so we don't know what in DC can cut through it and how it would affect someone from DC, like superman, so I have to use this as an example. http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc462/Diesldude/admt.jpg

Now replace the laser beams with KT's eyebeams and HP DD in Superman's place. HP DD shrugs them off and also, can anyone please explain how KT who almost had his arm cut off by Wolverine is going to survive DD's onslaught?

zeel
"Just to make it clear of how strong the OE is listen to this.
Superman couldn't put a scratch on the indestructible missles when he tried to stop them. But DS from far away send the OE after the missles. When they struck the missles they became instant vapor.
From Superman not being able to put a scratch on them vs. instant vapor from miles away is astronomically more powerful than Superman yet DD took the OE (both beams and not one like the missles) from a much closer range and survived. This only made him mad. "

And with that said thor wins stick out tongue

Raptor22
Originally posted by Diesldude
King Thor Dies in 2 panels. DC doesn't have adamantium, the missiles were made with the closest stuff to it on DC's side, which DS vaporized with his OE. Cap's shield is iconic and this is why KT melting it appears to be more impressive when it shouldn't be. Melting Cap's shield doesn't mean he is going to melt Doomsday because melting or cutting through Adamantium isn't really a rare occurance. Reed has shown to have God knows what in his closet, plastic toy guns which scare off Celesitals who slap around IG users, so it shouldn't really hard to believe that he would have laser guns which can cut through Adamantium. DC doesn't have adamantium so we don't know what in DC can cut through it and how it would affect someone from DC, like superman, so I have to use this as an example. http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc462/Diesldude/admt.jpg

Now replace the laser beams with KT's eyebeams and HP DD in Superman's place. HP DD shrugs them off and also, can anyone please explain how KT who almost had his arm cut off by Wolverine is going to survive DD's onslaught? So your argument is that doomsday wins because melting adamantium isnt rare and reed might, in your opinion be able to cut through marvels adamantium, and superman can stop a random laser that can cut through d.c's version adamantium based on the second hand information from a 12 year old? ya that logic is flawless. What are all these times adamantium has been melted exactly?

zeel
all kidding aside, i think HP prolly wins due to the fact that this version of thor is weak against piercing and HP is FTLS. Remove the speed advantage and KT desintegrates HP.

BLeeeh marvel needs to give thor a speed upgrade thats his big weakness.

carver9
Originally posted by zeel
"Just to make it clear of how strong the OE is listen to this.
From Superman not being able to put a scratch on them vs. instant vapor from miles away is astronomically more powerful than Superman yet DD took the OE (both beams and not one like the missles) from a much closer range and survived. This only made him mad. "

And with that said thor wins stick out tongue

Uuuummm, the OE killed Doomsday the first time they hit him. He didn't tank anything.

This fight is spite in favor of KT. I would love to see a speed ft by Doomsday by the way. From what I have seen of the character, he is an average brick. By the way, the scan of Superman (that story line was great by the way...Superman made the perfect Herald of Galactus and was hellava powerful) tanking the blast that cut through Adamantium is non-Canon.

carver9
Originally posted by zeel
all kidding aside, i think HP prolly wins due to the fact that this version of thor is weak against piercing and HP is FTLS. Remove the speed advantage and KT desintegrates HP.

BLeeeh marvel needs to give thor a speed upgrade thats his big weakness.

Show me a Doomsday speed ft.

Silent Master
Originally posted by carver9
Uuuummm, the OE killed Doomsday the first time they hit him. He didn't tank anything.

This fight is spite in favor of KT. I would love to see a speed ft by Doomsday by the way. From what I have seen of the character, he is an average brick. By the way, the scan of Superman (that story line was great by the way...Superman made the perfect Herald of Galactus and was hellava powerful) tanking the blast that cut through Adamantium is non-Canon.

Even if it was canon, they'd only have the word of a little kid that it could really cut adamantium.

JakeTheBank

Now replace the laser beams with KT's eyebeams and HP DD in Superman's place. HP DD shrugs them off and also, can anyone please explain how KT who almost had his arm cut off by Wolverine is going to survive DD's onslaught?

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee148/theguitarhero1/Heath%20Ledger/joker-14.gif

If you think King Thor gets two paneled by HP DD, you really don't know who either character is.

Diesldude
Originally posted by Raptor22
So your argument is that doomsday wins because melting adamantium isnt rare and reed might, in your opinion be able to cut through marvels adamantium, and superman can stop a random laser that can cut through d.c's version adamantium based on the second hand information from a 12 year old? ya that logic is flawless. What are all these times adamantium has been melted exactly?

Didn't reed have a gun that scared off the celesitals? then why is it so hard to believe that he wouldn't have a gun that can cut through adamantium? especially if it is referred that he said it can?
The serpent cracked the shield

Can you explain how he is going to put up with DD's offense when he almost had his arm cut off by wolverine?

Diesldude
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee148/theguitarhero1/Heath%20Ledger/joker-14.gif

If you think King Thor gets two paneled by HP DD, you really don't know who either character is.

Why not? he did it to DS didn't he?

Diesldude

Nah dude, DD wasn't killed by the OE. I have the scans to prove this too.

Naija boy
This diesldude fellow can't be serious.......smh

carver9
Nah dude, DD wasn't killed by the OE. I have the scans to prove this too.

Darkseid shot him with the Omega blast which killed him and Darkseid then proceeded at burying him under rubble and Doomsday came back after this and adapted to his blast.

Diesldude
Darkseid shot him with the Omega blast which killed him and Darkseid then proceeded at burying him under rubble and Doomsday came back after this and adapted to his blast.

DS hit DD with his OE not once, but twice. The first one knocked him into a building, the second shot appears to have left a lot of blood on the ground and then DD is shown punching out of the ground. Against popular belief, the bloody mess on the floor after DS's second shot doesn't belong to DD. In the final book, superman says "According to waverider's story, this monster is made of solid mass, no blood, no tissue -- no vital organs." So no bloody mess. The bloody goo probably belonged to bystanders when DD crashed into the building.

DD survived 2 shots of Omega Beams as DS said "from point blank range" and beats him near to death in 2 panels. DS was also adapting on the fly and didn't need to die to evolve, this probably explains why he didn't die after DS hit him with the OE..

the Darkone
KT wins, too powerful and versatile!

Horrificus
Trans, going by the tiers thread the board put together.
That Tier thread has some serious flaws.

Raptor22
Didn't reed have a gun that scared off the celesitals? then why is it so hard to believe that he wouldn't have a gun that can cut through adamantium? especially if it is referred that he said it can?
The serpent cracked the shield

Can you explain how he is going to put up with DD's offense when he almost had his arm cut off by wolverine? frightening celestials and cutting adamantium are 2 completly different things. I'm not saying that it's hard to believe just that if it didn't happen in the comics then you can use it.

Blunt force damage and slicing damage are different. Thor is far more durable against blunt force. Also flying and long distance attacks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.