Rahm Kota & Jedi Galen Marek vs AOTC Obi-Wan & ROTS Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bayhunter12
1. Force

2. Sabers

3. All Out Fight

Jinsoku Takai
1 - Team 1

2- Team 2

3- Close but Team 2 edges this one.

Lord Lucien
I was about to say that RotS Anakin hasn't shown as stupendous feats with the Force as Jedi Marek, but then I remembered that we've settled on RotS to mean Zonakin.

In which case a superior standing with a lightsaber and deeper-than-usual attunement with the Force could very well overwhelm Marek.

bayhunter12
I believe team 1 can take this. Marek's force abilites are obviously greater than Anakin's. Kota's ability with the force is also well beyond AOTC Kenobi. I would also say Kota's saber skills would also be on par with Kenobi's. Overall I think team one would likely win in a long, drawn out battle.

axel_jovan
1. Team 1

2. Team 2

3. Very close but I'd give a slight edge to team 1.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by bayhunter12
........Kota's ability with the force is also well beyond AOTC Kenobi. I would also say Kota's saber skills would also be on par with Kenobi's.

blink

SlightlyFlaccid
JT
blink

His first sentence isn't wrong.

Nephthys
Fvcking up space stations ftw!

SlightlyFlaccid
indeed

Nephthys
quite

SlightlyFlaccid
i concur

Nephthys
hmmm yes

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by SlightlyFlaccid
His first sentence isn't wrong.

no expression

Because we have no statements of Kenobi displaying that sort of TK doesn't equal him being unable to do so. Moreover, the manner in which Vader absolutely ragdolled him doesn't bode too well for his superior Force abilities. Not that Kenobi is any better, but Kota's showings really don't support him as being superior either. And saber skills? Not really a contest there.

SlightlyFlaccid
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
Because we have no statements of Kenobi displaying that sort of TK doesn't equal him being unable to do so.

laughing out loud

u wanna go down this road, son?

Jinsoku Takai
Little old to be your son, but sure lets go Nancy. flex

SlightlyFlaccid
Little old to be your son, but sure lets go Nancy. flex

DONT TALK TO YOUR DADDY THAT WAY

Nephthys
**** you Dragon Dad.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by SlightlyFlaccid
DONT TALK TO YOUR DADDY THAT WAY cbeR6uYxU50

SlightlyFlaccid
JT
no expression

hmph

While this is technically true, we can't exactly assume the opposite is the case. Kota was a full-fledged Jedi Master capable of holding his own against Starkiller, deflecting Force lightning and using telekinesis to damage a space station.

In contrast, Obi-Wan at this stage is a Jedi Knight whose Force abilities are pretty much without accolade.

If we indulge in superficial thinking, I'd be inclined to agree. But while neither of us is as smart as, say, a certain German poster, we're not exactly stupid. That Vader was able to ragdoll Kota simply indicates that Vader is much more powerful than the general; do you have any reason to believe that Obi-Wan would fare better against Vader's command of the Force?

Kota was able to hold his own against a supremely ticked off Starkiller. Obi-Wan's sole achievement at this stage is his uncanny ability to get owned casually by the great Count Dooku. Even if we disregard this, the disparity in their rank, experience, and displays of power would indicate that Kota is Obi-Wan's firm superior.

Jinsoku Takai
laughing out loud .....firm.

SlightlyFlaccid
Hehehehheeehehheeh....

firm.

no expression

I don't ge-

Oh.

innuendur

Oh.

no expression

Jinsoku Takai
Yeah, I made a rare mistake by failing to observe the AotC part. However, I'm entitled to one every 6 months. As such, it willn't happen again (for another 6 months).

SlightlyFlaccid
Yeah, I made a rare mistake by failing to observe the AotC part. However, I'm entitled to one every 6 months. As such, it willn't happen again (for another 6 months).

Do not fail me again.

plz

ares834
As such, it willn't happen again (for another 6 months).

Hehe.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by ares834
Hehe.

Actual word, believe it or not. Archaic, but real nonetheless.

Lord Lucien
It makes more sense than "won't."

ares834
Actual word, believe it or not. Archaic, but real nonetheless.

Not according to any dictionary I have ever seen...

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by ares834
Not according to any dictionary I have ever seen... Wiki! Yaaay!

ares834
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Wiki! Yaaay!

Dictionary>Wiki

Edit: Damn hyperlink not working... Doesn't seem to like the '

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/willn't

Nephthys
Will not = Willn't does make more sense than wo not = won't.

'As such, it will not happen again.'

ares834
This is the English language damn it! If it makes sense you are wrong!

Jinsoku Takai
Because of it's archaic nature, 'willn't' is not found in most dictionaries. It takes a little more digging to find out it's etymology and history of usage (or as LL said, Wiki).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.