Captain America vs Deathstroke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dum Dum Dugan
Who wins in non prep match. Each has standard equipment, and fight takes place in a jungle environment

h1a8
Slade. He has better senses and better equipment.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Slade. He has better senses and better equipment.

What does Slade have that's better than Cap's shield?

Omega Vision
How much experience does Cap have in jungles? Because Slade spent much of his early career in jungles and shit.

Originally posted by Silent Master
What does Slade have that's better than Cap's shield?
Well in an ambush scenario Slade's staff is superior to Cap's shield. He could snipe at Cap and use hit and run tactics while the shield toss will be difficult in this environment.

Harbinger
Split or slight majority to Steve, IMO.

Cogito
Majority to Slade.

He's frankly smarter than 99.9% of comicdom in battle, and never underestimates his opponent. Add that to being Steve's equal(ish) physically, having a better and more varied offensive arsenal, and he's got the win.

Slade ain't falling for that shield throwing trick.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Omega Vision
How much experience does Cap have in jungles? Because Slade spent much of his early career in jungles and shit.

Well in an ambush scenario Slade's staff is superior to Cap's shield. He could snipe at Cap and use hit and run tactics while the shield toss will be difficult in this environment.

Hate to say it, but I agree with you. One of the few significant advantages Slade has over Cap is stealth and experience with jungle / gorilla warfare. I guess it amounts to the difference between a WW2 vet, and a Vietnam vet. That said Steve still has amazing senses, and can anticipate sneak attacks by subtle changes in air pressure, so he won't go out like a chump but even so Slade should take a comfortable majority in this scenario.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Slade staff has not been standard equipment for almost a decade.......so why on earth would he have that here?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
Slade staff has not been standard equipment for almost a decade.......so why on earth would he have that here? so what is his standard equipment then?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Hate to say it, but I agree with you. One of the few significant advantages Slade has over Cap is stealth and experience with jungle / gorilla warfare. I guess it amounts to the difference between a WW2 vet, and a Vietnam vet. That said Steve still has amazing senses, and can anticipate sneak attacks by subtle changes in air pressure, so he won't go out like a chump but even so Slade should take a comfortable majority in this scenario.
a lot of World War 2 was fought in jungles (especially when it comes to Americans), however. So I not sure I agree with it being any type of significant advantage.

srankmissingnin
a lot of World War 2 was fought in jungles (especially when it comes to Americans), however. So I not sure I agree with it being any type of significant advantage.

There wasn't a lot of Jungle warfare in WW2, there was some and it didn't involve Americans. It was largely Chinese under the command of British soldiers using Gorilla tactics against the Japanese.

Hate to say it, but I agree with you. One of the few significant advantages Slade has over Cap is stealth and experience with jungle / gorilla warfare. I guess it amounts to the difference between a WW2 vet, and a Vietnam vet. That said Steve still has amazing senses, and can anticipate sneak attacks by subtle changes in air pressure, so he won't go out like a chump but even so Slade should take a comfortable majority in this scenario. and you know gorillas are the absolute masters of jungle warfare

slade wins because he has guns

Prep-Man
Slade.

Aries_04
Deathstroke

Grecian poet

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Grecian poet
Slade is as Superior to Cap as Cap is to Batman.

laughing

Dum Dum Dugan
There wasn't a lot of Jungle warfare in WW2, there was some and it didn't involve Americans. It was largely Chinese under the command of British soldiers using Gorilla tactics against the Japanese.
There was quite a bit more then what your suggesting. A lot of it was American, on number of different Island against the Japaneses in numerous engagements. Much of the war between japan and America were fought on islands that were covered in Jungles. They even made a mini series based off marine during WW2 produce by Tom hanks based off real events. There was most certainly many battles between the U.S and Japan during WW2 which took place primarily in Jungles.

Grecian poet

srankmissingnin
There was quite a bit more then what your suggesting. A lot of it was American, on number of different Island against the Japaneses in numerous engagements. Much of the war between japan and America were fought on islands that were covered in Jungles. They even made a mini series based off marine during WW2 produce by Tom hanks based off real events. There was most certainly many battles between the U.S and Japan during WW2 which took place primarily in Jungles.

Yeah we've all seen The Pacific, and everyone knows about the Battle of Iwo Jima, but there wasn't "a lot" of Jungle fighting in WW2 and most of it didn't involve American soldiers.

Grecian poet

srankmissingnin
Cap was in the middle of all the American jungle fighting in WWII I guarantee it.

Captain America was on the front lines in France, Germany and central Europe. He wasn't in North Africa fighting Rommel either.

Dum Dum Dugan
Yeah we've all seen The Pacific, and everyone knows about the Battle of Iwo Jima, but there wasn't "a lot" of Jungle fighting in WW2 and most of it didn't involve American soldiers.
Actaully there was a lot of fighting in Jungles and a lot of it was with American soldiers. The Pacific does not even remotely cover what occurred. There was numerous other Islands and engagements that occurred. They simply are not nearly as famous, but there were many and lots of them did in fact involve American Soldiers.

Dum Dum Dugan
You are right old pal, it's one of the reasons Flame throwers got used on the islands.
very true.

Grecian poet

srankmissingnin
Actaully there was a lot of fighting in Jungles and a lot of it was with American soldiers. The Pacific does not even remotely cover what occurred. There was numerous other Islands and engagements that occurred. They simply are not nearly as famous, but there were many and lots of them did in fact involve American Soldiers.

There wasn't lots of Jungle fighting in WW2. There wasn't "lots" of desert conflict either. There was some. It's a matter of numbers, if you look at all the battles that happened in WW2 "lots" isn't the qualifier to accurately describe the amount of jungle conflict fought in WW2.

Dum Dum Dugan
There wasn't lots of Jungle fighting in WW2. There wasn't "lots" of desert conflict either. There was some. It's a matter of numbers, if you look at all the battles that happened in WW2 "lots" isn't the qualifier to accurately describe the amount of jungle conflict fought in WW2.
I disagree. Depends on how you define a lot. I terms of percentage compared to other battles, it would be consider low during WW2. However in pure numbers, there was numerous battles. If we go simply by United States involvement in WW2 a significant percentage occur in concern to infantry battles on Island consisting of large jungles.

srankmissingnin
In context of the number of armed conflicts fought during the second world war, fighting on the pacific rim was minimal.

Dum Dum Dugan
In context of the number of armed conflicts fought during the second world war, fighting on the pacific rim was minimal.
That is true.

Daredevil1
Slade definitely has more experience then Cap in the jungles I imagine. But I wouldn't call that area alien to Steve.
Off the top of my head in Dead Man Running Steve fought in the South American jungle.

To some WW2 adventure in the Wakanda lands in Flags of our father with TCHAKA. And the Savage land with the Dino, and freak dinos etc more then once IIRC.

Plus with Cap's incredible adaptability this still might be a very close one.

OneDumbG0
Captain America was on the front lines in France, Germany and central Europe. He wasn't in North Africa fighting Rommel either. He met Logan in North Africa, didn't he? Originally posted by srankmissingnin
In context of the number of armed conflicts fought during the second world war, fighting on the pacific rim was minimal. I know what you're technically trying to say, but "minimal" is probably the worst term you could have used.

Starscream M
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I know what you're technically trying to say, but "minimal" is probably the worst term you could have used. I disagree, I think 'trivial' would have been a worse term

OneDumbG0
^ chair

shokosugi
Cap is physically superior than Deathstroke.

namorsubby
Slade. U guys pretty much already hit the nail on the head.......no need 2 reinterate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.