Marka Ragnos and Dooku versus Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stealth Moose
At a Baskin Robbins.

SlightlyFlaccid
Team curbstomp.

Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh, champion brick hurlers and guys who could blow sh1t the hell up with technology, were afraid of Ragnos, implying that he was pretty toughindicating he is the most powerful Sith ever.

Yoda said that Dooku was the Jedi Temple's most talented student and Dooku said he was more powerful than any Jedi, including Yoda, who handed Sidious his ass in the Senate rotunda.

Ragnos and Dooku win.

Lord Lucien
Three such awesome Sith as these wouldn't waste their time fighting. They'd dedicate their dark powers to creating the fabled 32nd flavor.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by SlightlyFlaccid
Team curbstomp.

Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh, champion brick hurlers and guys who could blow sh1t the hell up with technology, were afraid of Ragnos, implying that he was pretty toughindicating he is the most powerful Sith ever.

Yoda said that Dooku was the Jedi Temple's most talented student and Dooku said he was more powerful than any Jedi, including Yoda, who handed Sidious his ass in the Senate rotunda.

Ragnos and Dooku win.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2hnw8xz.png

SlightlyFlaccid
Lucien
Three such awesome Sith as these wouldn't waste their time fighting. They'd dedicate their dark powers to creating the fabled 32nd flavor.

Nah, Sidious would bite the big one.

I'm sure a certain moose and a certain German would have no compunctions about taste-testing the flavors of the two surviving Sith.

innuendur

Stealth Moose
Someone got into the sugar, it looks like.

SlightlyFlaccid
SM
Someone got into the sugar, it looks like.

it was crack, thankyouverymuch!

Stealth Moose
F5 much?

SlightlyFlaccid
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
F5 much?

wut

Stealth Moose
U fail

SlightlyFlaccid
no u

Stealth Moose
Foolz. I have tons of funny pictures. You cannot defeat me! With each passing thread, I grow stronger!

SlightlyFlaccid
But I like the funny pictures.

Stealth Moose
But I like the funny pictures.

http://i55.tinypic.com/29lzgug.png

SlightlyFlaccid
I lol'd.

Moar. Moar, I say! With blatant, amusing sexism if possible!

Stealth Moose
I lol'd.

Moar. Moar, I say! With blatant, amusing sexism if possible!

http://i56.tinypic.com/ifrj29.jpg

SlightlyFlaccid
lol wtf is that?

Stealth Moose
It's a dude with a bread helmet.

What, don't they do that in Ken****y?

SlightlyFlaccid
It's a dude with a bread helmet.

What, don't they do that in Ken****y?

We only do incest here, not that crazy sh1t.

Stealth Moose
http://i53.tinypic.com/20hsks5.jpg

SlightlyFlaccid
Don't sally the good Count's honor.

Nephthys
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9ueory5ta1qcri1xo1_500.jpg

As long as we're posting random shit.

Stealth Moose
Don't sally the good Count's honor.

I win!

axel_jovan
Allah grants victory to Mark and the good Count.

Borbarad
I'm sure a certain moose and a certain German would have no compunctions about taste-testing the flavors of the two surviving Sith.

I'm sure those certain people would also taste-test Sidious, if some hillbilly from Kentucky hadn't eaten all the candy, including - but not limited to - Sidious' chocolate starfish. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And of course Sidious will win this. He will use the power of his ROOM SIZED SITH FOCUS CRYSTAL to defeat Dooku and Ragnos with his "unaided" abilities, that allowed him to...

...get thrown into a reactor shaft by a guy vunerable against Sidious main force attack, while Sidious executed said attack on the guy. I'm blinded by that uberness. thumb up

Q99
A room sized sith focus crystal, you say?

Galan007
In all fairness, the focus crystal was destroyed when that huge worm-like thing busted out of it near the end of Sithisis.

Borbarad
Originally posted by Galan007
In all fairness, the focus crystal was destroyed when that huge worm-like thing busted out of it near the end of Sithisis.

In all fairness. We see him performing a certain ritual that leads to the effect that somebody has listed as the greatest testament to Sidious unaided force abilities. And what we learn is, that he used an artifact to do so, that trumps almost anything ever used by the ancient Sith in size, including the focus crystal that Sadow had in his ship. And why should we assume that Sidious didn't use such objects on more than one occassion? That puts all of his "feats" to question, that are just described by some sourcebooks and never displayed "on screen".

Shall we ignore that? I don't think so.

Galan007
I don't believe I said anything about ignoring that instance - please stop adding your own conjecture to my posts.

All I said is that by the end of Sithisis, the crystal was destroyed. Nothing more, nothing less.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Q99
A room sized sith focus crystal, you say?

The comic Sithisis shows Sidious casting lightning on a huge crystal, but the comic has no narration to describe what is happening in the comic. All we see is younglings at the temple bust out in tears of terror, and jedi such as Yoda seemingly lose concentration during battle. It shows Anakin seemingly tapping into the dark side and starts ripping apart battle droids with his bare hands.

I believe the only explanation we are given about the comic is in the Complete Visual Dictionary, which describes Sidious as using a ritual to send ripples in the force that caused anxiety and fear to jedi across the galaxy, and to increase Anakin's hunger for power. In other words, Sidious used a sith ritual to aide him in manipulating the emotions of the jedi on a galactic level, including one of the most powerful jedi in galactic history .

I did not even have to click on Borb's post to know where this is getting at. He has misinterpreted the crystal's use in the past. This instance of Sidious using a ritual has nothing to do with Sidious' combat-oriented powers, and does not diminish his standing as being one of the greatest force users of all time. Seeing how Sidious was constantly using the dark side to hide his own force sensitivity and clouding the visions of most force users across the galaxy, with his own power (unaided), I don't see how needing some aide for this particular instance takes away from Sidious at all. But let's ignore how most of the so called "more powerful" ancient sith lords used sith artifacts for just about everything they did accomplish with the force.

(Is my fanboy showing?)

Nephthys
Nah. Though this bit:

Isn't strictly true.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Nephthys
Nah. Though this bit:

Isn't strictly true.

How so?

Nephthys
We don't know if he's clouding them totally with his own power and not through some ritual iirc.

Galan007
Is there proof that Palpatine was using any power-augmenting artifacts after the events of Sithisis (ie. after the crystal/worm were destroyed)?

Nephthys
No. But we can't say for certain that he wasn't.

Plus I think he'd be a little more peeved if that was his only one after its destroyed and he kills it.

SlightlyFlaccid
The focusing crystal is never said to be used in anything other than "increasing Jedi anxiety" (The Ultimate Visual Guide).

Galan007
No. But we can't say for certain that he wasn't.

Plus I think he'd be a little more peeved if that was his only one after its destroyed and he kills it. So... There's no proof, then.

Nephthys
We don't need proof. The fact that he could have done so means that we cannot say he did it without aid with any degree of certainty or proof.

SlightlyFlaccid
S66
I believe the only explanation we are given about the comic is in the Complete Visual Dictionary, which describes Sidious as using a ritual to send ripples in the force that caused anxiety and fear to jedi across the galaxy, and to increase Anakin's hunger for power. In other words, Sidious used a sith ritual to aide him in manipulating the emotions of the jedi on a galactic level, including one of the most powerful jedi in galactic history .

I didn't see this earlier, my bad.
Other than identifying the wrong source (it is The Ultimate Visual Dictionary, not The Complete Visual Dictionary), your summary is spot on. The crystal is only ever identified as increasing Jedi anxiety; Palpatine himself was identified as the sole and specific source of the shroud of the dark side blunting Jedi sensitivity. Borbarad is confusing two fundamentally different phenomena and assuming they are one and the same.

You're arguing that Sidious is something other than what Borbarad says he is, so yes. sneer

SlightlyFlaccid
We don't need proof. The fact that he could have done so means that we cannot say he did it without aid with any degree of certainty or proof.

Excellent. Nihilus could have plundered Malachor V's secrets, confiscated all manner of Sith focusing crystals, and used them to augment his powers. Now, I have no proof that he did, but apparently we don't need proof when it comes to arguing against a character we don't like. Right?

Nephthys
no u

SlightlyFlaccid
You are wise to fear me. See that you remember that. sneer

Galan007
We don't need proof. The fact that he could have done so means that we cannot say he did it without aid with any degree of certainty or proof. Skewed logic.

Per this line of thinking, we can assume that every Jedi/Sith in the history of the order used artifacts to increase their power. After all, there's no proof that they didn't, right?

SlightlyFlaccid
G007
Skewed logic.

Per this line of thinking, we can assume that every Jedi/Sith in the history of the order used artifacts to increase their power. After all, there's no proof that they didn't, right?

I appreciate the back up, but I said this nonsense already, and in a much more appropriate manner.

Nevertheless, join me and together we shall end the oppression of ze German!!1! excellent

Galan007
I appreciate the back up, but I said this nonsense already, and in a much more appropriate manner.

Nevertheless, join me and together we shall end the oppression of ze German!!1! excellent Actually, you backed me up. Therefore, you will join my forces. evillaugh

Nephthys
Skewed logic.

We could....... except they have no access to those types of artifacts and no way of obtaining them. Sidious does, which is why we can question his off-screen feats in such a way.

And we do question pretty much all feats that happen off-screen of having the posibility of not being done under the users own power.

Galan007
We could....... except they have no access to those types of artifacts and no way of obtaining them. Prove they didn't.

SlightlyFlaccid
G007
Actually, you backed me up. Therefore, you will join my forces. evillaugh

Yeah, no.
You have no forces. I have +7 charisma and +9 intellect, which is clearly greater than your stats. (Not to mention ze +9.4 penis inches teehehehe.)

Nah. Nihilus, for example, was the co-leader of an impressive and sizeable faction of Sith warriors and was trained on Malachor V, a legendary repository of Sith artifacts and teachings, right? Ergo, I say that not only did he have a giant Sith focusing crystal, he had at least six. All of his feats are therefore suspect and can no longer be considered the product of unaided skill.

Galan007
Yeah, no.
You have no forces. I have +7 charisma and +9 intellect, which is clearly greater than your stats. (Not to mention ze +9.4 penis inches teehehehe.) herbcry

Nephthys
Teachings, yes, but I don't recall anything ever said about artifacts.

Occum's Razor.

Theres no evidence that they did, ergo theres nothing to suggest they did. Palpatine on the other hand is seen with Sith Artifacts and practiced Alchemy. Its just as likely that he did use them as he didn't. QED.

Galan007
Theres no evidence that they did, ergo theres nothing to suggest they did. ...Just like there's no evidence to suggest Palpatine used more than just that one crystal that one time?

Nephthys
Er, yeah there is.

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
Er, yeah there is.

Where?

Nephthys
He has access to them and they are known to help Force stuff up hardcore. Logic dictates he wouldn't throw them into a closet and forget about them.

Occums Razor basically.

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
He has access to them and they are known to help Force stuff up hardcore. Logic dictates he wouldn't throw them into a closet and forget about them.

Occums Razor basically.

People bandy that thing about like it's ironclad. Occam's Razor is nothing more than a suggestion that people should tend to lean towards the "simplest" explanations, not that "the simplest explanations are always correct."

That Palpatine possesses certain Sith artifacts does not mean he uses them, particularly when much of his agenda simply seeks to retrieve these objects and keep them out of the hands of his rivals.

Where is the evidence that Palpatine possessed other Sith focusing crystals beyond the one we saw in Sithisis? Then, where is the evidence that he used them?

Likewise, one could argue that a simple explanation for Nihilus's achievements would be that, Nihilus, eager to devour his adversaries and wanting them as vulnerable as possible would scour Sith strongholds seeking to confiscate weapons and artifacts that would enhance his reach and, therefore, his ability to eat. Since these artifacts clearly existed and he had the means and motive to seize them, he did, and therefore used him.

Q.E.D., all of Nihilus's feats are suspect because I say it's the simplest idea.

Galan007
I have access to a gun. Doesn't mean I'll ever use it to kill my neighbor.

And how is that Occum's Razor? Your opinion is that Palpatine used more crystals than just the one that was shown in Sithisis, despite this never being mentioned in any canon sources. The burden of proof lies on you (opinion =/= proof.)

SlightlyFlaccid
I have access to a gun. Doesn't mean I'll ever use it to kill my neighbor.

And how is that Occum's razor? Your opinion is that Palpatine used more crystals than just the one in Sithisis, despite this never being mentioned in any canon sources (afaik). The burden of proof lies on you.

^ This cuts to the essential bits of the issue.
Nephthys has, to my knowledge, been unabashedly critical of Palpatine's character and abilities since day one. He is attempting to misuse Occam's Razor to cast doubt on the Emperor's standing in the hierarchy of power and to shift the burden of proof to his opponents. Pretty simple, when you think about it.

Well, that's what Occam's Razor dictates, anyways. excellent

Nephthys
But if you were trying to kill your neighbour, just as Palpatine is trying to blunt the Jedi's force perceptions, youd use the gun, just as he'd use help, because its the easiest and best way to do it and you probably couldn't do it without the guns help.

riiiiiiiiight?

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
But if you were trying to kill your neighbour, just as Palpatine is trying to blunt the Jedi's force perceptions, youd use the gun, just as he'd use help, because its the easiest and best way to do it and you probably couldn't do it without the guns help.

riiiiiiiiight?

I'd say it would, actually, be pretty stupid of Palpatine to frequently make use of Sith focusing crystals. He's using the Quey'tek technique to cloak his presence in the Force. What would stop the Order from sensing the crystal, since Palpatine is conducting said rituals on Coruscant, which is home to the Jedi Temple, the most powerful Force nexus in the galaxy currently occupied by hundreds of Jedi Knights?

But, even if we disregard that obvious fact, I must ask: Where is the proof that Palpatine had access to other Sith focusing crystals?

Galan007
Your opinion is that Palpatine used more crystals than just the one that was shown in Sithisis, despite this never being mentioned in any canon sources. The burden of proof lies on you (opinion =/= proof.) Ignore, much?

SlightlyFlaccid
He does that when he doesn't get his way. uhuh

Nephthys
Last I checked logic was a form of proof.

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
Last I checked logic was a form of proof.

no expression

Last I checked, you saying something is logical doesn't make it "logic," which in turn....

Nephthys
What makes you think they could sense a crystal. And its illogical to assume they'd sense it while he was using it to blunt their senses!

His cavalier attitude towards the crystals destruction for one thing.

Galan007
You may think it's logical, but you've yet to prove why it should be regarded as fact. Therefore, it is still, essentially, just your opinion. Opinion =/= proof/fact.

Nephthys
Again, logic = proof.

no expression

Last I checked, you saying something is logical doesn't make it "logic," which in turn....

Occums Razor. awepeach

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
What makes you think they could sense a crystal. And its illogical to assume they'd sense it while he was using it to blunt their senses!

g_twitch

You do realize that Palpatine's machinations didn't leave the Jedi completely oblivious in the Force, right? They still, y'know, could actually sense things. You don't see why a Sith focusing crystal (which focuses power) could be sensed next door to hundreds of Jedi occupying the most powerful Force nexus in the galaxy?

no expression

This, like Galan's penis, is woefully inadequate.

Nephthys
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf6vc8L3j71qcv3hvo1_250.gif

PROOF!

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
Again, logic = proof.

gwah

My friend, you're taking the whole "I can dictate canon on sheer whim" thing and running with it. Don't be silly, that's Borbarad's job.

no expression

Galan007
Again, something I think is logical, but have no way of proving =/= proof. Fixed. vin

SlightlyFlaccid
Galan007
Fixed. vin

awepeach

Nephthys
No shit Sherlock.

Prove a crystal can be sensed in the Force. (easily)

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
No shit Sherlock.

no expression

That was uncommonly lame. Did you borrow that line from Christopher Nolan?

Occam's Razor, silly.
Disturbances in the Force can be detected. Sith focusing crystals augment that power. Conducting rituals day and night on Coruscant would clearly bring the attention of the Jedi order.

Simple, easy. laughing out loud

Galan007
This, like Galan's penis, is woefully inadequate. So you've been satisfied by enough penises to know what's adequate and what's not?

Homo. 007-homo

SlightlyFlaccid
Galan007
So you've been satisfied by enough penises to know what's adequate and what's not?

Homo. 007-homo

i wuz just angry u no i <3 ur big penis

Nephthys
I'll be replying when I'm feeling like actually debating. Clearly you giaz are too hardcore for me to be pissing around like I'm doing noaw.

Galan007
i wuz just angry u no i <3 ur big penis giggle00

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
I'll be replying when I'm feeling like actually debating. Clearly you giaz are too hardcore for me to be pissing around like I'm doing noaw.

Victory. excellent
It never gets stale.

Nephthys
quit pickin on meeeeeeeeeeeee!

Nephthys
i wuz just angry u no i <3 ur big penis

g_nannerbone

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
quit pickin on meeeeeeeeeeeee!

Let's snuggle the brokeback way. love

Nephthys
No......

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf6vc8L3j71qcv3hvo1_250.gif

Lucius
The amount of abuse the Razor has taken in this thread is painful. One time we see Sidious using giant penisfocus crystal to make Jedi feel more scared at night and install more nightlights in the halls of the temple.

We never see him use the giant focus crystal again for anything. Did he use artifacts in the future? Probably, he collected a shitton of Force junk, but unless someone can correlate that to a specific showing, it just means that Palps probably had access to a lot of fancy sexForce toys.

SlightlyFlaccid
penis
sex

teehehehe

SIDIOUS 66

riiiiiiiiight?

But the crystal was only said to be used for increasing jedi anxiety and nothing else. We can't assume that just because the crystal was necessary for one thing means it's necessary for all things. We do not even know if the crystal can be used for anything else other that what was shown. So far, it's only exclusive to one feat until proven otherwise.

SlightlyFlaccid
S66
But the crystal was only said to be used for increasing jedi anxiety and nothing else. We can't assume that just because the crystal was necessary for one thing means it's necessary for all things. We do not even know if the crystal can be used for anything else other that what was shown. So far, it's only exclusive to one feat until proven otherwise.

Excellent, my friend. Excellent. You have do what must be done. excellent

Nephthys
That sentence doesn't make any sense.

Galan007
do ...The fuk is that? ermmnone

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
That sentence doesn't make any sense.

FIVE CELERY STICKS.

Quid pro quo.

Lucius
FIVE CELERY STICKS.

Quid pro quo.

You can fit that many celery sticks in your ass?

Damn.

SlightlyFlaccid
Lucius

Damn.

Yup. Sideways. vin

Galan007
Originally posted by Lucius

Damn. You think that's peanut butter he puts on them? sneer

Borbarad

Lucius
You think that's peanut butter he puts on them? sneer

I couldn't really think of a word so I'm going to use this smily instead.

sick

Galan007
Originally posted by Borbarad
You can do this with persons that have done so (e.g. Sidious). So because we saw Palpatine utilize a crystal once to induce anxiety throughout the systems, it means he must have used crystals on other occasions, even though there is absolutely no proof of him doing so? What an interesting line of 'logic'.

Is there even proof that he had more than just one focusing crystal? Proof, not opinion.

SlightlyFlaccid
No mention of weakening Jedi sensitivity to the Force here. But, then again, I'm hardly the interpreter you are. laughing out loud

thumb up

I don't have my copy of LoE on hand, would you mind posting the full quote? (If that's what you're referring to.)Never mind, I searched here and found it.

And I'm the one with the strawman, eh? laughing out loud

edited for accuracy

SlightlyFlaccid
Forgot about this part,

Borbarad
Really? The guy that - according to Gideon - is capable of constantly surpressing the Jedi's ability to use the force on a galaxy wide scale, can't use focus crystals to do this exactly or capitalize further on the Jedi's diminished abilities (caused by himself), because they will find him? I wonder why his frequent galaxy scale force use to diminish their force connection didn't lead them right to Sidious? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Because Palpatine can shield his presence in the Force with the Quey'tek technique.

Borbarad
So because we saw Palpatine utilize a crystal once to induce anxiety throughout the systems, it means he must have used crystals on other occasions, even though there is absolutely no proof of him doing so? What an interesting line of 'logic'.

Is there even proof that he had more than just one focusing crystal? Proof, not opinion.

Where exactly was his galactic scale influencing ability when he confronted Mace and Yoda? He can diminish the abilities of ten-thousand Jedi across the Galaxy without aid, but can't do it to one single being right in front of him? That is a great line of 'logic'.

@MyFavoriteSock
No mention of weakening Jedi sensitivity to the Force here. But, then again, I'm hardly the interpreter you are. laughing out loud

That was the point: There is no mention of Sidious actively weakning the Jedi sensitivity to the force anywhere. smile

Cool. So you wanna tell the audience, that Sidious being compared with the darkness in the office (by a person within the story) means that he has actively caused the weakning of the Jedi sensitivity to the force? Great "proof", Gideon. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Especially, when we consider his inability to use this against Mace or Yoda, where such an ability would have come in handy.

The mere existance of a Sith Lord is what makes the force go out of balance, Gideon. Not any force power they use. Or, in Lucas words:

"Which brings us up to the films 4, 5, and 6, in which Anakin's offspring redeem him and allow him to fulfill the prophecy where he brings balance to the Force by doing away with the Sith and getting rid of evil in the universe..." - George Lucas, Introduction Documentary to ANH Special Edition

This is why LoE says that the Dark Side was getting stronger 200 years ago. It had always been present and causing the lack of balance in the force. Otherwise the entire prophecy of the Chosen One (bringing balance) wouldn't make any sense.

No. You're a victim of confirmation bias, that tries to attribute non-existant feats to his favorite character in order to proof his own opinion right. smile

Where is the point, Gideon? He did hide a focus crystal (why would they even need hiding in the first place - they aren't dark side in nature, are they?), used it and remained unnoticed by the Jedi. Why shouldn't he be able to do that again at any given point in time?

SlightlyFlaccid
Of course I'm your favorite. One doesn't need a Sith focusing crystal to detect that level of sexual attraction. vin

no expression

No, the point was that no source supports the notion that Palpatine used the focusing crystal to blunt Jedi sensitivity; it was only ever used to increase their anxiety and Anakin's bloodlust. You, naturally, are assuming facts not in evidence.

IGideon and others have done so, elsewhere, and though I'm fairly certain you've read the posts, I suppose I'll go ahead and fetch them since you can't overcome your lethargy! ahuh

?
How would the ability to stifle aspects of their metaphysical sight aid him in combat? The Jedi's precognition in combat has never been shown to suffer throughout the prequels and was never said to be affected by Palpatine.

I'll clarify, since these two terms are being used incorrectly. That the Force is out of balance doesn't equate to Jedi senses being blunted. That the dark side was gaining strength doesn't mean that the Jedi's senses were compromised in any way until Palpatine came along and began his efforts.

Perhaps.
On the other hand, we have a self-proclaimed Devil's Advocate who suspiciously doesn't behave like one. I've always wondered, if all you really were trying to do is argue against what you perceive to be dogma, why is it that you've never directed your nigh-omniscient intellect against promotion of ancient Sith supremacy? I mean, it's not like Janus and co. were never guilty of dogmatic behavior. Curious that it slipped past your radar. mmm

Naturally, you're never inclined to answer the tough questions and you'll, predictably, repeat the mantra of "red herring!" but I am onto you nonetheless. excellent

Objects and locations can have Force alignment based on association with various Force sects. A Sith focusing crystal would naturally reverberate with the dark side, would it not? A device that focuses an abundance of power would logically be detectable by hundreds of Jedi, yes?

Let me find that stuff for you.

SlightlyFlaccid

Nephthys
Interesting that this quote links the weakening of the Jedi's perception to the imbalance of the Force. Kind of backing up what Borb was saying.

And this one suggests that its a unique property (similar to other unique properties seen in such as teh Exile, Cade Skywalker, Zayne Carrick etc) rather than through sheer strength in the Force.

Thanks for the ammunition Gid! he

Galan007
Originally posted by Borbarad
Where exactly was his galactic scale influencing ability when he confronted Mace and Yoda? He can diminish the abilities of ten-thousand Jedi across the Galaxy without aid, but can't do it to one single being right in front of him? That is a great line of 'logic'. Increasing Jedi anxiety throughout the galaxy, and boosting Anakin's thirst for powa. Those were the only effects of Palpatine's rituals, per The Ultimate Visual Guide:

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5624/starwarsuvg056057.th.jpg

With that out of the way, my former post still yearns to be answered:Originally posted by Galan007
So because we saw Palpatine utilize a crystal once to induce anxiety throughout the systems, it means he must have used crystals on other occasions, even though there is absolutely no proof of him doing so? What an interesting line of 'logic'.

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
Interesting that this quote links the weakening of the Jedi's perception to the imbalance of the Force.

Care to take a guess as to who the shadowy villain is? Dooku, right? laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

If you say so. laughing out loud

wink

You're still shootin' blanks, son. ahuh

SlightlyFlaccid
G007
Increasing Jedi anxiety throughout the galaxy, and boosting Anakin's thirst for powa. Those were the only effects of Palpatine's rituals, per The Ultimate Visual Guide:

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5624/starwarsuvg056057.th.jpg

Good man. You are a most helpful apprentice. awepeach

You think this out of the way? lulz
You'll soon learn that what the canon text says has absolutely no bearing on this conversation with regard to our opponents, right? They couldn't care less.

Just like my body yearns for your touch. haermm

Nephthys
Its Sidious?

So? huh

Still do in fact

I was trying not to say him you jerk. crackers

At least I can shoot at all! laughing

Galan007
Good man. You are a most helpful apprentice. awepeach bashful

You think this out of the way? lulz
You'll soon learn that what the canon text says has absolutely no bearing on this conversation with regard to our opponents, right? They couldn't care less. g007-psyduck

Just like my body yearns for your touch. haermm 007-homo

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
Its Sidious?

So? huh

You don't see the relevance?

k

I know. he

no expression

Nephthys
Sidious is imbalancing the Force. Tell me something I don't know.

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
Sidious is imbalancing the Force. Tell me something I don't know.

My penis is bigger than yours?

Nephthys
Something thats actually true.

SlightlyFlaccid
sad

Nephthys
If your wang had a face that would be its permanent facial expression.

Though seriously what were you getting at?

SlightlyFlaccid
Because it's embarrassed that it's so big. he

Look again and ye shall find what ye seek. bbl

Nephthys
nah just tell me

Q99

Does he need more than one? They tend to be reusable iirc.

Galan007
Originally posted by Q99
Does he need more than one? They tend to be reusable iirc. Like I said before: The focusing crystal Palaptine was shown using in Sithisis was destroyed (as was the worm-like creature that emerged from it):

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5782/38902363.th.jpg http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/2928/43779468.th.jpg http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/307/22141088.th.jpg http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/651/75079691.th.jpg

Q99
A destroyed giant crystal just gives you dozens of usable smaller crystals smile

Galan007
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/honuhorse22/GIF-s/tumblr_llsyry8sEV1qg9963o1_400.gif

Dr McBeefington
Colin and Ryan=funniest duo in the history of mankind.

SlightlyFlaccid
DS
Colin and Ryan=funniest duo in the history of mankind.

thumb up

Stealth Moose
Ragnos solos.

SlightlyFlaccid
sneer

Nephthys
The truth hurts, don't it?

Dr McBeefington
Ragnos solos.

Somebody finally developed a sense of humor.

Stealth Moose
I was trying to get the topic back on track, really.

Nephthys
Care to take a guess as to who the shadowy villain is? Dooku, right? laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

You never did explain what you meant by this.

SlightlyFlaccid
Palpatine's the one clouding their perception.

Nephthys
And yet as Borb pointed out, the Force was imbalanced before Sidious, was it not?

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
And yet as Borb pointed out, the Force was imbalanced before Sidious, was it not?

Correct, the Force wasn't in balance until Sidious was killed at Endor. The problem is that "Borb" is asserting that Jedi perception was clouded from day one, when there is no evidence indicating as such.

Nephthys
Well if its the imbalance thats causing their perceptions to be blunted, and the imbalance has been around since before Sidious........

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
Well if its the imbalance thats causing their perceptions to be blunted, and the imbalance has been around since before Sidious........

^ The quote attributes the order's weakening connection to the shadowy villain (Palpatine) who was bring "this much" imbalance to the Force. The Force wasn't balanced before, but Palpatine was what was clouding Jedi perception.

Nephthys
And yet we know that Palpatine was soley imbalancing the Force because that was happening for centuries before his rise. The quote only says that the Jedi's weakened perceptions was due to the existence of a Sith Lord, not that he is actively working to accomplish this.

Of course this one:

...Contradicts that, indicating that it was an innate ability rather than actual power.

And yet we see his using one and remaining undetected.

Also I recall that the Jedi damn well knew a Sith was doing stuff on Corescant, but they just couldn't find him.

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
And yet we know that Palpatine was soley imbalancing the Force because that was happening for centuries before his rise. The quote only says that the Jedi's weakened perceptions was due to the existence of a Sith Lord, not that he is actively working to accomplish this.

This is a rather long-winded concession that Palpatine was the source of the Jedi's weakened perceptions and not previous Sith.

Rather like the section above, I'm not sure what your point is. In fact, I'm not even sure you know what your point is. That Palpatine's ability to smother Jedi perceptions is the result of an innate talent means that it isn't related to "actual power"?

The Jedi weren't aware that a Sith was conducting operations on Coruscant until Labyrinth of Evil.

Nephthys
OMG, youre alive! :O

SlightlyFlaccid
ya had a 14 hour car ride back to the homeland. Boy, do I sure appreciate airplanes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.