Kingdom Come Superman Vs Cyborg Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
CS has the yellow rings. Who wins?

Galan007
007-thefuk

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8499/79337977.th.jpg

KC Supes wins. Fu*k the rings.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by Galan007
007-thefuk

I thought Henshaw was a psionic entity that inhabits machinery and such; why would he need some form of cpu and why would ripping it out render him powerless?

Cogito
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
I thought Henshaw was a psionic entity that inhabits machinery and such; why would he need some form of cpu and why would ripping it out render him powerless?

Just a dumbass writer. Never before has he been shown to have a "central node" or any other similar weakness for that matter.

JakeTheBank
007-thefuk

C'mon, Galan.

Galan007
I thought Henshaw was a psionic entity that inhabits machinery and such; why would he need some form of cpu and why would ripping it out render him powerless? Yet there have been several other instances in which Hank was beaten, and his body wrecked (during the Sinestro Corps War, for instance) yet he didn't just 'hop' into another vessel psionically. He had to be reactivated.

I'd care not to throw out those instances just because one issue depicted him as a psionic entity.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Yet there have been several other instances in which Hank was beaten, and his body wrecked (during the Sinestro Corps War, for instance) yet he didn't just 'hop' into another vessel psionically. He had to be reactivated.

I'd care not to throw out those instances just because one issue depicted him as a psionic entity.

One issue?

Wasn't he shown as a psionic entity in his origin stories, Reign of the Superman, Hunter/Prey and most of his appearances pre-Sinestro Corp War

Edit: And what about that time he took over that entire jail ship and turned it into a body?

Galan007
One issue?

Wasn't he shown as a psionic entity in his origin stories, Reign of the Superman, Hunter/Prey and most of his appearances pre-Sinestro Corp War Afaik, the only time it has been confirmed that Hank exists as a psionic 'ghost' was in GLC #52.

Regardless, instances like this (as well as the first scan I posted) prove that Hank usually tries to contain his essence within a single vessel... Even after that vessel has been beaten:

http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/4910/greenlantern25051.th.jpg

Edit: And what about that time he took over that entire jail ship and turned it into a body? Just like many of your points above, that is an example of technopathy. Hank is one of the best technopaths in comics.

Philosophía
007-thefuk

KC Supes wins. Fu*k the rings. 1).http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3665/1ln6kq2.th.jpghttp://img515.imageshack.us/img515/234/2nb6ic8.th.jpg

2). Cyborg Doomsday had blocked his powers.

KC Superman stomps, though.

Galan007

quanchi112
Kc Superman wins.

Philosophía
Healing from a blast to the chest means... Wut? Don't you see the discrepancy between what the issue of Action Comics showed in regards to a random component being pulled from his chest, and the confrontation with Parallax did when his whole chest was blown up and yet he continued on and regenerated within moments?

Really? You sure that was still in effect when Supes trounced him? Considering that Cyborg Doomsday, the same one whose abilities render Henshaw powerless as shown earlier, was only a small distance away from him, I'd say yes.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1696/henshawcbdd.th.jpg

Otherwise we're going into illogical territory, where his abilities aren't blocked...for some reason, while he is on a technological spaceship (the supreme technopath?) by who brought him and wants to keep him there and has shown that ability just the issue before (makes sense?), and then he's taken out by something that, considering his history, he shouldn't have.

We either accept all the contradictions, or go with something that's logical in the context of the story, and Henshaw's history. I'll go with the latter.

Galan007

Philosophía
Perhaps that version of Henshaw didn't have a central node? Perhaps it was in a different place? Perhaps the current version of Hank is the only version to have a central node? Who knows?

...And his whole chest wasn't blown up, btw- just part of it. stick out tongue Come on Galan, we both know those are made up absurd excuses. Henshaw was never shown to need a central core to function, or be rendered imobile once that specific component is removed (it would have been mighty convenient of Superman for him to have had this weakness and be so easily rendered useless, wouldn't you say?) - in fact, as the scan shows, even when the area where the supposed component is supposed to be ends being blown up, he goes on and regenerates in moments. And to say he off-panel manifested a crippling weakness component, that he had showed no need up to that point is, well, you get the point.

It literally goes against everything that's been shown on Henshaw up until now.

Why would have his regeneration had to have taken place in the vicinity of Cyborg Doomsday? The Doomsday clones were clearly not facing the ones captured until well after they've all been gathered and woken up.

psycho gundam
i have to read that issue over again, but i'm not sure if cyborg-doomsday could negate powers like the eradicator version "seemed" to be able to do (or rather counteract them like original doomsday did the radiant). he did override the control of the vessel henshaw had though, imo just displaying more power over tech

looks more like a PIS/writer ineptitude moment really as the node was literally ADDED to his structure and was revealed to be a valuble component when it never has been before

Philosophía
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i have to read that issue over again, but i'm not sure if cyborg-doomsday could negate powers like the eradicator version "seemed" to be able to do (or rather counteract them like original doomsday did the radiant). he did override the control of the vessel henshaw had though, imo just displaying more power over tech
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/th_henshawreform1.jpghttp://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/th_henshawreform2.jpg

"I can't re-form myself...repair myself now. If he rips me apart, will I die?"

Galan007

carver9
007-thefuk

This...

KC Superman stomps.

JakeTheBank
It was PIS. I mean, all one has to do is look at Hank's history as a whole and the context of that confrontation with Cyborg-DD.

KC Superman wins, but he's not ripping out his control node ftw. erm

carver9
Perhaps that version of Henshaw didn't have a central node? Perhaps it was in a different place? Perhaps the current version of Hank is the only version to have a central node?

@Jake

iceman24567
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It was PIS. I mean, all one has to do is look at Hank's history as a whole and the context of that confrontation with Cyborg-DD.

KC Superman wins, but he's not ripping out his control node ftw. erm This

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
This

laughing

batdude123
You don't have any room to laugh at anybody, sport.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
@Jake

I agree with Phil's assessment of the story and the context.

It makes no sense for Hank, being a technopath and a good one at that as well as being pretty damn smart, to add such a vulnerable addition to his body when there's been no mention of such a glaring weakness to him before then.

If it wasn't outright PIS, it was convienient as hell plot device to neutralize Hank before he got all crazy. Unless you really think Superman is capable of ending Hank in a single gesture in a forum setting, in which case, you're beyond help.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by batdude123

Originally posted by iceman24567
This

iceman24567
You don't have any room to laugh at anybody, sport. thumb up

carver9

I'm not laughing at him buddy, I'm laughing because I know Iceman and I knew what he was going to post. Next time ask before making assumptions.

batdude123
No.

Get mad.

carver9
I agree with Phil's assessment of the story and the context.

It makes no sense for Hank, being a technopath and a good one at that as well as being pretty damn smart, to add such a vulnerable addition to his body when there's been no mention of such a glaring weakness to him before then.

If it wasn't outright PIS, it was convienient as hell plot device to neutralize Hank before he got all crazy. Unless you really think Superman is capable of ending Hank in a single gesture in a forum setting, in which case, you're beyond help.

When has has anyone besides Superman ever tried that tactic?

carver9
No.

Get mad.

laughing

Lol...I'm not mad. It's almost next to impossible to accomplish that feat. Still love you like a bro though.

batdude123
http://i52.tinypic.com/ioey6h.jpg

Mindset
http://i52.tinypic.com/1zvr6tf.jpg

carver9
WTF.

JakeTheBank
Get mad.

Galan007
It was PIS. I mean, all one has to do is look at Hank's history as a whole and the context of that confrontation with Cyborg-DD. Question, then: If Hank isn't powered by *some* piece of tech within his vessel, then why has he been incapacitated several times in the past via significant amounts of damage to his body? In Sinestro Corps War, for instance, despite portions of his body still being intact, Hank had no life readings- why would that be if his consciousness is completely independent of his physical body?

Mindset
Galan is a DC hater.

awepedo

Galan007
007-thefuk

i luf teh deesee!!11!!

cdtm
Personally, I think it's more logical to assume that the version of Hank in that comic had that weakness, as opposed to writing it off like it never happened. We know with certainty that different versions of Hank have had different pros and cons. Just sayin'.

Even if that were true, Superman knowing about it makes no sense. It's not like the central node would be glowing like a weak point on a video game boss.. It's just another piece of tech he's animating.

But really, his history proves any form having that weakness is PIS..

Galan007
^ So then it should also be easy for you to answer my above question. smile

cdtm
Question, then: If Hank isn't powered by *some* piece of tech within his vessel, then why has he been incapacitated several times in the past via significant amounts of damage to his body? In Sinestro Corps War, for instance, despite portions of his body still being intact, Hank had no life readings- why would that be if his consciousness is completely independent of his physical body?

His human parts have been KOed.

Which is PIS in and of itself, and no more or less then energy beings like Surfer being hurt by blunt force. The central node is another level of PIS, adding a weakness that's never existed before, and has no logical reason to exist now.. He's never had a problem animating tech, including his pre cyborg days, where he animated random tech into robot bodies, and every time Superman shattered them he simply formed another.

Galan007
Originally posted by cdtm
His human parts have been KOed. Weak.

cdtm
Weak.

Sure is, but not uncommon by comic standards.

Ghost Rider can be knocked out, but shatter his body, and he just reforms.

And in Hanks case it kind of makes sense, in the same way it makes sense for Kosmos to be trapped in her incapacitated human body, despite having nearly infinite power..

kgkg
KC Superman wins but just because Superman did it doesn't mean everyone can do it. smile

batdude123
Originally posted by kgkg
KC Superman wins but just because Superman did it doesn't mean everyone can do it. smile

What? You mean one of the most popular arguments on the vs. forum is flawed???!!!

kgkg
What? You mean one of the most popular arguments on the vs. forum is flawed???!!! Craver seems happy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.