Galactus wants a snack

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
Scenario: Galactus shows up in an alternate Universe. He's slightly hungry, but not famished and just wants a little snack. He sends three heralds out and they each comeback with a potential meal.

The first herald has found the planet OA, and is protected by the Green Lantern Corps

The second herald has found the planet Earth which is protected by the JLA (Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Martian Manhunter, and Batman)

The third herald has found the planet Cybertron which has been taken over by Hank Henshaw and his ten power rings.

Rules: Picking ANY three of Galactus' lackies, past or present, which planet, if any would end up as the next meal?

Cogito
Earth is only protected by the Justice League? Not other Earth heroes?
Oa is protected by all 7200 Lanterns and the Guardians?

Cogito
Sorry for the double post,

after the heralds find these planets, do said planets know that they're about to be attacked? If so, how much prep time?

Endless Mike
Cybertron is really Primus, so yeah, I'd avoid that.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Cogito
Sorry for the double post,

after the heralds find these planets, do said planets know that they're about to be attacked? If so, how much prep time?
The herald is spotted and the planets each have 24hrs for intel and prep.

if he really needed or wanted to, he could probably eat them all. on average he can be repelled, but no defeated, from a planet depending on plot devices, energy expenditure and such. he'd likely go for oa because of the power battery. earth would prolly present the least resistence unless the swampthing intervenes.

Utrigita
Earth is the easy target imo, and then Oa would be next in line.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Utrigita
Earth is the easy target imo, and then Oa would be next in line.
It would be fun to see the JLA and the Lanterns trying to stop Silver Surfer, Fallen One, and Destroyer. Add Galactus and I bet they could take Cybertron too. I should have also included Qward, War World, and Krypton.

SevenShackles
doesnt galactus feed on planets that meet a certain criteria? and isnt Cybertron just a hunk of metal? he could eat his own helmet and be done with it in that scenario, or am i wrong on all this works?

not that i think he literally eats planets like people eat apples im just unsure if it fits within the idea of a suitable meal for the Big G.
http://www.comicmix.com/media/2007/04/14/galactus_head.jpg

Brockalizer
Originally posted by SevenShackles
doesnt galactus feed on planets that meet a certain criteria? and isnt Cybertron just a hunk of metal? he could eat his own helmet and be done with it in that scenario, or am i wrong on all this works?

not that i think he literally eats planets like people eat apples im just unsure if it fits within the idea of a suitable meal for the Big G.
http://www.comicmix.com/media/2007/04/14/galactus_head.jpg
He has to feed on planets that at least have the potential to support life. Cybertron is may be just a big chunk of metal as you put it, but it is capable of sustaining life, albeit cybernetic life. To the best of my knowledge Galactus should still be able to feed off of it.

Cogito
^ It's a hypothetical question anyways.

Earth would be easiest to take, and in the DCU Earth is the most diverse life-supporting planet in the universe, so should provide the best sustenance for Big G.

King Kandy
Originally posted by SevenShackles
cybertron has the life-force of an abstract within it. I would say not only is it edible, but it would make a far superior meal to the average planet.

Cogito
Originally posted by King Kandy
cybertron has the life-force of an abstract within it. I would say not only is it edible, but it would make a far superior meal to the average planet.

DC Earth also has the life force of an abstract in it. If Ion/Parallax is on OA, they can claim the same.

King Kandy
Yeah but I think Primus is stronger than those ones.

Cogito
Definitely now in these weak-ass entity days.

ColossusGrundy
loser post.

Galactus loses all 3 scenarios.

The FF beat him for goodness' sake, no way he can take on the entire GLC or Justice League.

This is a joke thread right???

Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
loser post.

Galactus loses all 3 scenarios.

The FF beat him for goodness' sake, no way he can take on the entire GLC or Justice League.

This is a joke thread right??? you're a joke poster, right?

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by 753
you're a joke poster, right?

Why?

He's been beaten on numerous occasions, KILLED once even during a DC/Marvel crossover....

FF beat him nearly on their own once.

Where does the "unstoppable Galactus" idea come from nowadays since it's been done?

Why?

He's been beaten on numerous occasions, KILLED once even during a DC/Marvel crossover....

FF beat him nearly on their own once.

Where does the "unstoppable Galactus" idea come from nowadays since it's been done? cause plot devices arent to be used here, crossovers are non canon and are full of shit, G has showings that put him far above the JL

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by 753
cause plot devices arent to be used here, crossovers are non canon and are full of shit, G has showings that put him far above the JL

I don't see him being "far" above the JL, when if you consider Big G destroying a planet, it's well within the reach of Supes, Alan Scott, Hal and a few others.

If it was a lower echelon Justice League (Batman, G Arrow, Mr. Terrific etc.) then it would be easy, but the whole league would take Big G out.

he held the Galactus engine by himself, wiped a galaxy and killed a watcher while at death's door and defeated tyrant. wtf? he is orders of magnitude about jla heralds

Sin I AM
hmmmm i can see him beating earth and OA but cybertron may be tricky depending on who is there

Mindset
I don't see him being "far" above the JL, when if you consider Big G destroying a planet, it's well within the reach of Supes, Alan Scott, Hal and a few others.

If it was a lower echelon Justice League (Batman, G Arrow, Mr. Terrific etc.) then it would be easy, but the whole league would take Big G out. Chomper has moved up a spot on the KMC scale.

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by 753
he held the Galactus engine by himself, wiped a galaxy and killed a watcher while at death's door and defeated tyrant. wtf? he is orders of magnitude about jla heralds

If all you're going to do is quote PIS, then any char could beat him (with PIS).

Fine, Hal Jordan taps the central battery (again) and takes him out.
OA safe

Zatanna merges with the Spectre and channels their power into Alan Scott.
Earth safe.

PIS notwithstanding, none of these would be easy and I dare say Earth and OA would probably be safe (would NOT be easy though).

If all you're going to do is quote PIS, then any char could beat him (with PIS).

OA safe

Earth safe.

PIS notwithstanding, none of these would be easy and I dare say Earth and OA would probably be safe (would NOT be easy though). facepalmwhy are those feats pis exactly?

ColossusGrundy
Ah well, just gonna disagree with you somewhat. I still wouldn't mind seeing this comic written. Would be cool to watch it play out.

Brockalizer

OA safe

Earth safe.

PIS notwithstanding, none of these would be easy and I dare say Earth and OA would probably be safe (would NOT be easy though). Tough to do that when Galactus, Surfer, or Stardust can drain the power battery and good luck with the lanterns or JLA taking on Galactus, Destroyer, Stardust, and Silver Surfer at the same time. Cybertron would be the toughest nut to crack, but could be done as well. Unless Henshaw managed to merge with the planetary feeding device, Galactus' ship, or the Ultimate Nullifier.

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Tough to do that when Galactus, Surfer, or Stardust can drain the power battery and good luck with the lanterns or JLA taking on Galactus, Destroyer, Stardust, and Silver Surfer at the same time. Cybertron would be the toughest nut to crack, but could be done as well. Unless Henshaw managed to merge with the planetary feeding device, Galactus' ship, or the Ultimate Nullifier.

Spoken like a true Marvel fanboy.

No way Surfer or Stardust can drain the power battery which is supposed to be supplied by the willpower of every being in the DC universe. Ridiculous to state that. Overstating Surfer AND Stardust to the Nth degree.

I admit Big G is formidable, but he's not unstoppable.

Brockalizer
Spoken like a true Marvel fanboy.

No way Surfer or Stardust can drain the power battery which is supposed to be supplied by the willpower of every being in the DC universe. Ridiculous to state that. Overstating Surfer AND Stardust to the Nth degree.

I admit Big G is formidable, but he's not unstoppable.
The power cosmic allows for the manipulation of energy period. Not everything except. Worst case scenario, even if they couldn't drain it, the central battery can most definitely be destroyed. It's happen before it can happen again.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Brockalizer
The power cosmic allows for the manipulation of energy period. Not everything except. Worst case scenario, even if they couldn't drain it, the central battery can most definitely be destroyed. It's happen before it can happen again.

agree on this i do. eek!
http://unclee.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/galactus.jpg

rotiart
Marvel earths abstract wins....
Squirrel girl rules all!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.