Top 100 Comic Book Villains of All-Time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimbus006
I just finished going over IGN's top 100 Villains of all time.

http://comics.ign.com/top-100-villains/index.html

Although the list is pretty good, there are some seriously atrocious errors such as the following:

1. Thanos at # 47- Really? This guy should absolutely be top 20, if not, arguably top 10, no questions asked.

2. Carnage at # 90- WTF? There are villains such as Mirror Master, Kraven, Shade, even Harley Quinn ranked ahead of him. I think he should be much higher.

3. Magneto at # 1- Listen, I love Mags, and I think he should definitely be top 5, but # 1 might be wishful thinking.

4. Dark Phoenix at # 9- How can Red Skull be ranked behind her. Her storyline was great, but 9 is too high.

Feel free to post any other rankings you have issues with.

Q99
Before I even look through it- Snowflame is top 3, right?

nimbus006
Originally posted by Q99
Before I even look through it- Snowflame is top 3, right?

laughing out loud Not quite

Gecko4lif
Lucifer morningstar 68

Konton
Um, this list kind of sucks.

Shade being THAT low?
Circe not even making the cut?

steverules_2
Joker and Luthor top 2, even before I look at it...just know it is, hard to choose which one is no.1 though...

EDIT: OK so Mags is no.1....*sigh*

Damborgson
how the hell is kingpin ahead of the red skull? lol. and Joker> Mags. Mags is awesome but Joker is better.

steverules_2
IGN fails at these lists ugh3

Bentley
Ra's at the top ten? I thought you needed good stories to be considered a good villain 131

psycho gundam
why is kang there then? evil face

anyway, that list has a lot of fat that could easily be trimmed: cheetah, metallo, electro, the lizard, harley quinn, the shade, etc..... really?

JakeTheBank
Dr. Doom should be #1.

Digi
I think the point is to encourage discussion, not even be remotely right. Just "right enough" that it's not a total farce. Lists like these come out every year, this is like the 4th top 100 I've seen. Would the same damn list every time encourage hits?

They're probably told by their marketing people to mix up the lists purposefully. That's what I would do. Because any intern with a crayon and a list of villains can cobble together a list that seem ok-ish. I doubt much thought is put into it though.

Q99
Originally posted by psycho gundam
why is kang there then? evil face

anyway, that list has a lot of fat that could easily be trimmed: cheetah, metallo, electro, the lizard, harley quinn, the shade, etc..... really?

Cheetah's pretty good when done well. She's one of the best part of the Perez WW relaunch.

Shade's interest, but not when he's being a villain.

Bentley
Kang rocks.

I'd rather having them make lists about the top comic villains of the last five years instead of these parade of academism.

BlackZero30x
Magneto #1 WHAT?!

hes great and all but NOT #1

these people are probably among those comic book impaired types that think he's the most powerful being on the planet......

Mr. Rhythmic
Bad list. I never take IGN seriously.

inimalist
Osborn isn't in the top ten?

/facepalm

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
Bad list. I never take IGN seriously.

i just looked through the whole list and The Penguin is #51........that means according to the list The Penguin is a better villain then everyone #52-100.......

the only thing i think i could live with is Dooms placement on the list....I don't understand why mags is #1 but doom being #3 is fine with me.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Magneto #1 WHAT?!

hes great and all but NOT #1

these people are probably among those comic book impaired types that think he's the most powerful being on the planet...... people love magneto cause he's not "evil" but rather an extremist with a past that could easily make someone like him the way he is, then add the power of a god. he's seen too many genocides to be a total pacifist.

humanity in the x-universe are 90% arseholes anyway, anti-mutant kkk types are a dime a dozen

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Dr. Doom should be #1. This....

My top 5?

1. Dr. Doom
2. Joker
3. Magneto
4. Thanos
5. Darkseid

GGS
Darkseid, Doom or Joker should of been 1.

Kang has done more than Catwoman and Kingpin and should of been in the top 10-20 for his past feats alone.

nimbus006
Good stuff...

I think my biggest gripes are with Thanos and Carnage at 47 and 90, respectively.

That is nonsense.

Q99
Kingpin and Catwoman are much more iconic villains than Kang, though.

Kingpin's been the villain of many great stories.

Originally posted by nimbus006
Good stuff...

I think my biggest gripes are with Thanos and Carnage at 47 and 90, respectively.

That is nonsense.

Even those pale in comparison to the utter lack of Snowflame.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.