What Respect Threads are In Progress?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Simbon
Is there a thread somewhere that lists what respect threads are in progress? If not, it would be nice if people could post what (if any) threads they are working on, or were thinking about working on -- it might save people the trouble of starting work on something that somebody already had in progress, or if no one was working on something, might spur somebody to action.

Here are some respect-threads I was contemplating:
Immortus
The Mandarin
Skurge
Terrax

Lex Luthor really, really needs a thread, but he has such a long history I wouldn't want to attempt it myself.

Digi
Well, wrong forum, but I'll move it. This isn't a bad idea.

I was planning a Doctor Who thread until I realized how hard it would be to do it right.

Otherwise, everyone I know a lot about has gotten the treatment already, either from myself or someone else who did a great job. Except one that I'm saving for a rainy day when I enter a tourney. He (or she?) is staying anonymous for now.

{edit} Scratch that, two characters. Both picks in the next tourney I enter though.

wink

Bentley
I have been gathering scans for several respect threads over the last few months but the ones that are upcoming are:

Immortus
Moondragon
Galactus Revamp

Those are the ones I intended to do for a while, but this years sucks at giving me free time.

OneDumbG0
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread is being written as we speak.

My plans to do a Guy Gardner Respect Thread have completely fell by the wayside though.

Simbon
Ah, OK. Thanks for moving it, Digi.

Glad to see (and not surprised) that you are already on the Immortus respect thread, Bentley.

Bentley
Yep, Immortus is one cool cookie.

It would be nice to have a Mandarin respect thread. Cool character, not all that known in the forums.

Simbon
Originally posted by Bentley
Yep, Immortus is one cool cookie.

It would be nice to have a Mandarin respect thread. Cool character, not all that known in the forums.

I'll get on it, then. It will probably take me a while though -- Mandarin's got a ton of appearances.

Konton
I was slowly and very carefully working on a comprehensive Starfire reboot thread, but I lost everything at near completion and haven't had the heart to start over. I might get around to it eventually, as a homage to Kory before she's re-written in Outlaws.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
My plans to do a Guy Gardner Respect Thread have completely fell by the wayside though.

ha-son

Hopes = shattered.

Don Corleone
Wish I had the time to do some respect threads. I can provide scans should anyone need them. Just pm.

Damborgson
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread is being written as we speak. eek! eek! eek!

Scoobless
Originally posted by Simbon
I'll get on it, then. It will probably take me a while though -- Mandarin's got a ton of appearances.

I downloaded all his appearances a couple of years ago during a tourney, took all his best showing feats and filed them for easy access ... then my harddrive crashed.

sad

Konton
I caught my second wind tonight and started compiling Starfire feats. I'll probably just keep updating her current thread and then once I feel like I've finished I'll make the reboot.

Charlotte DeBel
I've tried to reboot Emma Frost respect thread there -
http://freexmen.*********.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=frost&thread=2&page=1
but the project stopped halfway and it won't be completed until August (when I have my holidays = lot of free time for White Queen stuff).

And it's p r o b o a r d s for stars.

The Gambit
Currently working on a Psylocke Respect Thread but it will be a while because I want to do a better job formatting it than I did with my Daken thread which was a little messy looking in the end.

I was thinking of maybe doing a Terrax one myself. Might do a quick small one like Romulus, Cyber or Maverick as well seeing as I haven't boxed away my Wolverine stuff yet. I think I'll definetly do a Maverick one actually after my Psylocke one. Surprised I didn't see any of these done in the directory.

Harbinger
Guy's Respect Thread= shortest respect thread ever?

inimalist
Shadow King - in progress
Phil Urich - in progress

Norman Osborn, Mojo, Spyral, Starhawk... the norman one will be huge though... :/

Galan007
I'll likely be doing a Sinestro thread after War of the Green Lanterns, and Aftermath have concluded.

kevdude
Well getting the Trinity comic's here in about a week and then going to add Krona's showings in War of the Green Lanterns after it is finished, so hopefully going to have a Guardian Krona Respect Thread here in about 1 or 2 weeks!

Mr.Mxyzptlk
I think Jinzin said he was working on another Wolverine revamp.

Blair Wind
I've long been telling myself I'd get around to a complete Ironman respect thread - considering I have every issue of his own on-goings pre volume 4 and a good chunk of outside material.

But it's so damn time consuming.

carver9
I'm gathering scans for a possible Gladiator and current Hulk respect thread.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
I'm gathering scans for a possible Gladiator and current Hulk respect thread.

Glads already has a revamped thread and ODG is working on Hulk's one stick out tongue

Digi
Revamps are something a lot of us could do, if only to renew dead links. I honestly can't be bothered with mine...as long as most of them are still working, I consider it a success. If people want individual stuff, I still have everything saved on my cpu.

Assuming most threads are still functional, we have a psychotic database by this point. The wonders of technology...10 years ago this kind of thing would have been unheard of.

Dum Dum Dugan
I plan to be starting Windu respect thread (comic version, though might just make it a jedi respect thread, but im little unclear if it allowed or not).

I also plann to finish Thunder Cat respect thread.

StiltmanFTW
As far as I know Star Wars characters are not allowed sad

"Id"
Originally posted by Digi
Revamps are something a lot of us could do, if only to renew dead links. I honestly can't be bothered with mine...as long as most of them are still working, I consider it a success. If people want individual stuff, I still have everything saved on my cpu.

Assuming most threads are still functional, we have a psychotic database by this point. The wonders of technology...10 years ago this kind of thing would have been unheard of.

Or if the forum allowed us to edit our threads, would be nice. I would add/fix what ever feat on the fly. Instead of compounding feat, after feat until it becomes a 20 page monster all over gain.

inimalist
Originally posted by "Id"
Or if the forum allowed us to edit our threads, would be nice. I would add/fix what ever feat on the fly. Instead of compounding feat, after feat until it becomes a 20 page monster all over gain.

I agree

even on the Man-Thing one, its fairly new and feats aren't all that common, it still just gets filled up with wither unorganized stuff or huge reposts of previous material

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Glads already has a revamped thread and ODG is working on Hulk's one stick out tongue

Glads thread needs repolished and I'm taking the Hulk thread from ODG, he is taking too long. mad

Simbon
Thanks to everyone for responding.

I was just thinking that another person who really needs a respect thread is the Leader. The current link for his is dead.

@Blair: Man, a really complete Iron Man respect thread that actually covered his abilities suit by suit would be incredible -- and as you say, incredibly time-consuming.

One issue this raises is the possibility of planned collaborations. Certain characters have such long histories that they tend either to get ignored (like Lex) or get one of those incredibly long, unorganized respect threads (Magneto is a prime example of this) -- to get around this, two or more people could divide the character's chronology between them, agreeing beforehand on a set of headings for different feats (strength, tech, etc.) so that they could then compile related feats from different eras. It's a thought, anyway.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
Glads thread needs repolished and I'm taking the Hulk thread from ODG, he is taking too long. mad

What would you add? Kgkg's thread seems pretty solid, at least to me.

OK, a quick test of your knowledge about the Hulk. What has the Mandarin said about him that definitely should be put in the respect thread? stick out tongue

--
I'm kinda working on Silver Samurai capability thread, but recently got lazy...

SuperiorTech
Yeah nothing wrong with the Gladiator Thread it's pretty complete barring some of his newer appearances which can be adding with out the need of a new thread.

Omega Vision
Superman's thread could use some retooling.

Philosophía
I've 99% finished it for a few months now, but I'm waiting to see what matters with the reboot and all.

Omega Vision

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Just because someone said it not too long ago, but Captain America could use a serious revamp.

celeyhyga17
Checkout the new additions to the Darkhawk respect thread. clap

Heavenly king
I am still doing The Cremator respect thread. i am still thinking about doing tomb of Dracula

Batman-Prime
I would like to revamp the Steel respect thread. I never did a respect thread before. I don't have a scanner right now, so I will have to download all the comics and therefore I have to find them first ^^.

The same is true for Krypto, the Dog of Steel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.