Who will win Klitchko or Haye

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok

Bicnarok

batdude123
Haye had nothing for Klitschko.

Strauss Khan
Originally posted by batdude123
Haye had nothing for Klitschko.

Not a thing. Klitschko wasn't just to big he was all round better.

jaden101
Total embarressment of a fight...I thought I was watching strictly come dancing.

It really does show what a total joke the heavyweight division has become when a glorified super-middleweight can get a shot at the unified title.

As for the fight itself...Haye's body movements were too quick for klitschko but his punches were too slow...In the end there was about 5 punches landed the whole fight and 3 of them were in the last round.

Dire...utterly dire.

RE: Blaxican
People still watch boxing? wtf lol.

Strauss Khan
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

It's only in the US where it's died due to not having a heavyweight champion or decent contender for so long.

jaden101

Better than watching the WWE2 that is UFC...

batdude123
Originally posted by jaden101
In the end there was about 5 punches landed the whole fight and 3 of them were in the last round.

Lolwut?

Strauss Khan
Better than watching the WWE2 that is UFC...

I like both, i'm about to watch the UFC now everyone has left my place. smile

jaden101
Lolwut?

Were you not watching like?

There was tons of big punches thrown (Mostly by Haye)...How many of them actually connected?

Pretty much none except for 1 or 2 in the last round and Klitschko brushed them off like they were nothing.

batdude123
Yes, I watched as Klitschko landed consistently throughout the fight.

jaden101
He landed consistently yes. But you're making out as if he was throwing loads of punching. A couple of jabs here and there at most and nothing particularly exciting or effective.

Here's a fight with more action in the 5 rounds than Haye-Klitschko had in its entire 12.

PA7--VzOCWE

dGmQIGFYg-k&NR=1

at 5 minutes of the 2nd video is unbelievable stuff

And yes, I know the weight division difference means you would expect more punches thrown but I would've expected at least some action in the 1st 11 rounds.

It was boring and it's no wonder that heavyweight boxing's reputation is all but finished when this is the best it has to offer.

Bicnarok

batdude123
He landed consistently yes.

Glad to see you admit you were wrong.

But you're making out as if he was throwing loads of punching.

No I wasn't.

Bicnarok

Lord Shadow Z

It's not that big anymore for us Brits, Carl Froch is basically ignored, David Haye it seems can't fight as well as he can talk and Amir Khan has virtually disappeared.

jaden101
Glad to see you admit you were wrong.

so he threw about 5 punches and landed them. that's consistent. still means he threw virtually no punches and the fight was boring. so yeah. I'm still right.

SpadeKing
no expression < my expression for the whole fight after the first two rounds of excitement left for the match left me.

batdude123
so he threw about 5 punches and landed them. that's consistent. still means he threw virtually no punches and the fight was boring. so yeah. I'm still right.

Wladimir landed 134 punches.

You were wrong.

jaden101
Wladimir landed 134 punches.

You were wrong.

So half the average of a heavyweight fight. and he won with that. So yeah, I was right.

batdude123
So half the average of a heavyweight fight. and he won with that. So yeah, I was right.

In the end there was about 5 punches landed the whole fight and 3 of them were in the last round.

http://i52.tinypic.com/ioey6h.jpg

jaden101
Not the brightest are you?

batdude123
Your arrogance of "zomgz I was 100% correct in my assessment!!!11" completely took away from the supposed hyperbole that you might have tried to imply. So don't give me that "I'm smarter than you are, brah!!!" patronizing bullshit. It just makes you look like an *******.

jaden101
Your arrogance of "zomgz I was 100% correct in my assessment!!!11" completely took away from the supposed hyperbole that you might have tried to imply. So don't give me that "I'm smarter than you are, brah!!!" patronizing bullshit. It just makes you look like an *******.

I was right and I am smarter than you. I said it was a boring fight and that hardly boy punches were thrown. You tried to prove me wrong with the stats which only proved me right in that Klitchko won by landing less than half the punches of an average heavyweight fight. Extreme hyperbole or not, I was still right and you were still wrong.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah mate it was a stinker. Haye wasted all our time diving like an italian footballer, and also was massively off balance due to posing stance all the way through due to trying to convince the laymen that he was somehow superior with said use of posing...no wonder the Klit was able to expose him with the jab all the way through. Still Vladimir bored me through his refusal to punish Haye for his lack of real engagement. A frustrating yawner.

batdude123
I was right and I am smarter than you. I said it was a boring fight and that hardly boy punches were thrown. You tried to prove me wrong with the stats which only proved me right in that Klitchko won by landing less than half the punches of an average heavyweight fight. Extreme hyperbole or not, I was still right and you were still wrong.

No you weren't, because you were trying pass your hyperbole off as fact. So yeah... stfu.

jaden101
No you weren't, because you were trying pass your hyperbole off as fact. So yeah... stfu.

Keep telling yourself that, you retard. You were wrong...I was right...So stop ****in' crying about it and get on with your life.

batdude123
No you weren't, so you have to result to personal insults in order to make up for your obvious butthurt over an internet discussion. laughing out loud

How pathetic.

jaden101
Na. I just call people as they project themselves. But keep telling yourself you were right. The fact remains the fight was boring with next to no action. You tried to prove me wrong with a statistic that if you had any clue what you were talking about you would realise it was proving me right thus further confirming the legitimacy of my other point which is you being a retard. Now off you pop sunshine.

batdude123
If you would have given any sort of indication that your hyperbole was nothing more than that: hyperbole, then you'd have a leg to stand on. But acting like your hyperbole was a factual statement doesn't make you correct. If you want to use personal insults to mask this fact and make your e-dick hard then laughing out loud @ that.

jaden101
If you would have given any sort of indication that your hyperbole was nothing more than that: hyperbole, then you'd have a leg to stand on. But acting like your hyperbole was a factual statement doesn't make you correct. If you want to use personal insults to mask this fact and make your e-dick hard then laughing out loud @ that.

So you're also the kind of retard that needs things laid out on a plate for them as well. there's a saying, when in a hole...

I'll let you Google the rest seeing as you're obviously to thick to know the rest.

Mindset
So you're also the kind of retard that needs things laid out on a plate for them as well. there's a saying, when in a hole...
Turn on your jet pack?

batdude123

I'll let you Google the rest seeing as you're obviously to thick to know the rest.

Keep stroking that e-dick. I'm sure you'll need to in order to sleep through the night with such a low self esteem as to getting personal over an internet discussion.

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/052009/1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif

jaden101
Keep stroking that e-dick. I'm sure you'll need to in order to sleep through the night with such a low self esteem as to getting personal over an internet discussion.

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/052009/1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif

Lets recap. I make a post with quite obvious exaggeration. You fail to recognise it and try and counter it and in the process make yourself look like an idiot before the penny drops but by then it's too late to edit your post so you dig in further and try and prove my point that it was a slow and boring fight wrong by posting the stats which prove that it was a slow and boring fight. I call out your stupidity and your freak out by constantly talking about my dick.

So what have learned from that?

That I was right all along and that you're a slow and stubborn homosexual retard that's obsessed with my penis.

Yet you're still harping on.

Amazing stuff.

jaden101
Oh. and we can also add hypocrite to that description seeing as apparently you calling me arrogant and an ******* doesn't count as 'getting personal' in your tiny mind.

batdude123
Lets recap. I make a post with quite obvious exaggeration. You fail to recognise it and try and counter it and in the process make yourself look like an idiot before the penny drops but by then it's too late to edit your post so you dig in further and try and prove my point that it was a slow and boring fight wrong by posting the stats which prove that it was a slow and boring fight. I call out your stupidity and your freak out by constantly talking about my dick.

So what have learned from that?

That I was right all along and that you're a slow and stubborn homosexual retard that's obsessed with my penis.

Yet you're still harping on.

Amazing stuff.

And now the truth...

The point of contention is the fact that you were acting like nothing was being thrown. I simply stated that Klitschko was landing consistently throughout the fight, which is the truth. He threw in total 509 punches, which is right in line with the heavyweight average. Just because most of the punches Wladimir landed/threw were jabs doesn't change this fact. They don't have to be haymakers for your point to be wrong, which it is. Now, point me to the "average" heavyweight fight where one fighter throws over 1000 punches, because I'd love to see it.

Also, I never said the fight was exciting at all, so don't try and project that point of view onto me. Yes, of course the fight was boring, but that's not what this was about.

So what have we learned?

You've taken this discussion way out of hand and resorted to personal insults in an effort to either:

A) Make your points seem stronger

or

B) Make yourself feel better

When in actuality, all it did was make you look desperate and pathetic.

And I see we've added some more insults into the mix. It just further proves my point that you need something to boost your self esteem, so insulting someone over the internet seems like the perfect way to do so. Whatever helps you sleep at night, brah. Moral victory for you, yay!!!! laughing out loud

Oh. and we can also add hypocrite to that description seeing as apparently you calling me arrogant and an ******* doesn't count as 'getting personal' in your tiny mind.

I said attacking my intelligence over such an inconsequential point of contention such as this made you look like an assh*le, because it's the truth. I was being facetious with the gif I originally posted and was willing to drop the subject all together, but then you had to resort to that. erm

jaden101

Also, I never said the fight was exciting at all, so don't try and project that point of view onto me. Yes, of course the fight was boring, but that's not what this was about

So after all the hot air and gibberish we get get to the crux of the matter...That I was right and that if you hadn't failed to grasp obvious exaggeration in the 1st place (lack of intelligence.) and once you did grasp it hadn't just admitted your point above gracefully (stubbornness.) and then decided against resorting to insults while complaining about being insulted(hypocrisy) and then never harped on about penises (homosexual connotations) then this whole unpleasant thing could've been avoided.

Been a pleasure.

jaden101
Now that I'm on the computer and not my mobile we can go through the stats in more detail.

The average punches thrown per round by a heavyweight is 46.

Klitschko managed just over 42...Below average.

The average landed is 17.3...He managed 11.7...way below average.

Haye managed an average of 29 punches per round and landed only 6

That gives us an overall average of 35.5 thrown with average of 8.85 landed

In %'s that's 77% of the average punches thrown in a heavyweight fight...And I'll be honest...That's higher than what I felt the fight was while watching it...Mostly because, like you said, for Klitschko it was overwhelmingly small jabs.

The average connected was 51% which is obviously way below average and further compounded why the fight was unbelievably boring.

Overall...Those stats vindicate my opinion that the fight was boring with hardly any punches and even more so hardly any effective or exciting punches to watch.

As for my opinion about Haye at least throwing more power punches...Fair enough...He was short of Klitschko by 14...But given that he was short of Klitschko's total by over 200 you can see why, for his part, he was at least making what little punches he was throwing reasonable to watch.

Now I'm quite willing to give up the petty arguments if you are.

batdude123
So after all the hot air and gibberish we get get to the crux of the matter...That I was right and that if you hadn't failed to grasp obvious exaggeration in the 1st place (lack of intelligence.) and once you did grasp it hadn't just admitted your point above gracefully (stubbornness.) and then decided against resorting to insults while complaining about being insulted(hypocrisy) and then never harped on about penises (homosexual connotations) then this whole unpleasant thing could've been avoided.

Been a pleasure.

I guess you missed this part, eh?

Also, I never said the fight was exciting at all, so don't try and project that point of view onto me. Yes, of course the fight was boring, but that's not what this was about.

And you call me a homosexual for using nothing more than a metaphor to represent your obvious attempt at repairing your self esteem by attacking someone on a personal level over an internet discussion... while at the same time attacking my intelligence? And you've completely ignored most of what I was saying, but then turn around and call me the stubborn one? hanuts

I gotta say, I'm loving the irony.

batdude123
Now that I'm on the computer and not my mobile we can go through the stats in more detail.

The average punches thrown per round by a heavyweight is 46.

Klitschko managed just over 42...Below average.

The average landed is 17.3...He managed 11.7...way below average.

Haye managed an average of 29 punches per round and landed only 6

That gives us an overall average of 35.5 thrown with average of 8.85 landed

In %'s that's 77% of the average punches thrown in a heavyweight fight...And I'll be honest...That's higher than what I felt the fight was while watching it...Mostly because, like you said, for Klitschko it was overwhelmingly small jabs.

The average connected was 51% which is obviously way below average and further compounded why the fight was unbelievably boring.

Overall...Those stats vindicate my opinion that the fight was boring with hardly any punches and even more so hardly any effective or exciting punches to watch.

As for my opinion about Haye at least throwing more power punches...Fair enough...He was short of Klitschko by 14...But given that he was short of Klitschko's total by over 200 you can see why, for his part, he was at least making what little punches he was throwing reasonable to watch.

Now I'm quite willing to give up the petty arguments if you are.
I wasn't trying to argue that Haye was throwing punches. That wasn't my point of contention. I said Klitschko landed consistently, then you said this:

so he (Klitschko) threw about 5 punches and landed them. that's consistent. still means he threw virtually no punches and the fight was boring. so yeah. I'm still right.

I wouldn't call 509 punches virtually nothing. I've seen plenty of fights that were more exciting with the fighters throwing less than 500 punches in total. And conversely, I've seen boring fights where the fighters throw upwards of 650+ total punches. So the way I see it, the fight wasn't boring because Klitschko didn't throw any punches, it was because of the punches that he did throw. Most of the ones that he threw/landed were nothing but jabs, and Haye let him get away with doing so on the outside without pressuring him effectively. It was like he was content to give that distance to Klitschko while not doing what he said he was going to do: get in his face. Do you understand where I'm coming from now?

And yes, in all honesty, I'm tired of the childish bullshit from up above.

jaden101
I wasn't trying to argue that Haye was throwing punches. That wasn't my point of contention. I said Klitschko landed consistently, then you said this:

I wouldn't call 509 punches virtually nothing. I've seen plenty of fights that were more exciting with the fighters throwing less than 500 punches in total. And conversely, I've seen boring fights where the fighters throw upwards of 650+ total punches. So the way I see it, the fight wasn't boring because Klitschko didn't throw any punches, it was because of the punches that he did throw. Most of the ones that he threw/landed were nothing but jabs, and Haye let him get away with doing so on the outside without pressuring him effectively. It was like he was content to give that distance to Klitschko while not doing what he said he was going to do: get in his face. Do you understand where I'm coming from now?

And yes, in all honesty, I'm tired of the childish bullshit from up above.

So in the end it was a horrifically boring fight borne out by the stats.

To be honest I shouldn't be surprised by that seeing as Klitschko is a boring fighter at the best of times.

Unfortunately it had the combination of fewer punches than average and far less effective punches than average. which, hyperbole or not, was my point from the beginning.

batdude123
So in the end it was a horrifically boring fight borne out by the stats.

To be honest I shouldn't be surprised by that seeing as Klitschko is a boring fighter at the best of times.

Unfortunately it had the combination of fewer punches than average and far less effective punches than average. which, hyperbole or not, was my point from the beginning.

Pretty much, yes.

Klitschko always amazes me. The guy has the physical gifts of a god, but the mentality and heart of a peon.

Yes, I agree with the part about how it lacked effective punching. If Klitschko mixed in more combinations and power shots, he probably would have knocked Haye out in all honesty. However, he played it safe, and instead of a somewhat mildly amusing fight (which is the best one can hope for from him), we got another performance from him where he fought "not to lose."

jaden101
As boring as he is he's effective. All that was required to neutralize Haye's big punches was for him to raise his arm to Haye's shoulder. yawn inducing but it worked. There's a YouTube video of Klitschko a few days after the fight and he barely has a mark on him. Says it all really.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah he wasnt gonna be messing around with risk when he was going for a complete collection of belts between he and his brother.

aanthonyfranks
Wladimir is the preferred my own. He is a master of art to hit and not hit. It keeps its distance from the blow and give them all to punish the hell out of his right to the sea. This spells good night in Haye 10. I give him so long because it has its wheels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.