Straw Hat Pirates vs Akatsuki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McNasty996
Straw Hat Pirates:
Monkey D. Luffy
Roronoa Zoro
Sanji
Nami
Nico Robin
Usopp
Chopper
Franky

vs.

Akatsuki:
Madara
Sasuke(pre-ems)
Pain(six paths)
Hidan
Konan
Deidara
Itachi
Kisame
Sasori

Fight takes place on Marineford.
Who wins?

Q99
Pre or Post timeskip Strawhats?

Especially pre, my money would be on Akatsuki. Pain giant-push, Deidara drop a bomb, and then Kisame roll over the Fruit users with a mobile lake.

McNasty996
These are current versions unless specified so post-time
skip. I would actually bet on the Straw Hats but it depends
how they act seeing as Kisame is the game changer in
this match.

TheAuraAngel
haermm

It would be funny if Kisame just did that Water Sphere thing.

Course the other Straw Hats would make up for it. So I dunno.

Q99
Post-time skip, the Akatsuki still have the mass destruction advantage, and they're less frontloaded in just a few people, but the upgrades make it harder. Zoro taking out Kisame is key. Nico Robins is vital for her ability to tie people up and hopefully prevent many of the biggest attacks from being used, and of course with Kisame out of the way, Luffy's free to use his tactic of 'find the strongest people and beat them up.' Haki means they have an answer to Konan too.

I'm less sure of the outcome.

NemeBro
Sanji could easily take out Kisame underwater.

Luffy could solo everyone here in hand to hand at the same time.

Robin could snap most of them in half at the very start of the fight.

Pain's best Shinra Tensei would not be able to even hurt Franky, and his best Shinra Tensei looks like shit compared to the Ursa Shock, which they all survived (I think, been a while).

The Monster Trio alone could solo this.

Nephthys
Yes, I'm pretty sure they survived.

no expression

Q99
Originally posted by NemeBro

Luffy could solo everyone here in hand to hand at the same time.

It is too bad that a lot of them don't rely on HtH, and will be using dirty tricks like poison, flames that don't come out, illusions that he can't escape from (and keep in mind, Luffy's mind is far more vulnerable than the rest of him. Remember Ms. Goldenweek), and so on.

If Madara and Itachi mind control Luffy into switching sides, you can agree that would be BadTM, yes?

A surprising number of people here either don't care in the slightest or have defenses, often multiple defenses (they also are universally supertough, but she's managed it with surprisingly tough people even pre-timeskip, so I suppose that doesn't matter too much). And if one hurts her limbs while she tries, that can foil such an attempt. Significant wounds to her limbs will even cause feedback pain that'll likely stop all attacks she's attempting at the time.

His best Shinra Tensei hit a much, much, much bigger area than Ursa Shock.

And while they survived, it needless to say took out almost all of them. Mass destruction powers are not a bad tactic to use.

King Kandy
Current Madara solos.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
haermm

It would be funny if Kisame just did that Water Sphere thing.

yup, he can also do that other move where he makes a lake, meaning he doesn't have to be in the middle of the technique giving his comrades the opportunity to spam the submerged strawhats

Nephthys
If he starts to spit out a lake I'm sure the Strawhats will prioritise taking him out. Which Robin could probably do just by snapping him in half swiftly.

wakkawakkawakka
Wouldn't nanobombs from Deidera be enough to kill all of the Straw Hats? Just wondering.

I also don't think the Straw Hats could get around Susanoo...well Robin could but Amateratsu is still a *****.

Although I do think Chibaku Tensei could pose a threat to all of them. Do they have anything to deal with Konan's paper intangability?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Nephthys
If he starts to spit out a lake I'm sure the Strawhats will prioritise taking him out. Which Robin could probably do just by snapping him in half swiftly. the first thing they would do is pick their jaws up off the ground, and luffy then talks about how epic it would be to be able to do that....and then well, frantic gurgling as he drowns

8R5YRgXoMpo&feature

Q99
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka

Although I do think Chibaku Tensei could pose a threat to all of them. Do they have anything to deal with Konan's paper intangability?

Luffy himself has Haki, but aside from that not really.

Franky has fire, but we've seen her block fire jutsu with paper before, so that won't be enough.

Coco292
Originally posted by King Kandy
Current Madara solos.

lolno he dies just like everyone else hes nowhere near fast enough to hit any of the monster trio with his hax bull****

and people seem to be forgetting 2 of their strongest guys dont even have cursed fruits, Kisame can try all the water BS he wants but after seeing the way Sanji moves underwater it wont be a problem.

Q99
Originally posted by Coco292
lolno he dies just like everyone else hes nowhere near fast enough to hit any of the monster trio with his hax bull****

and people seem to be forgetting 2 of their strongest guys dont even have cursed fruits, Kisame can try all the water BS he wants but after seeing the way Sanji moves underwater it wont be a problem.

I don't think people are forgetting, but if it gets down to a good chunk of the Akatsuki vs 2, they're going down. Heck, the Akatsuki already outnumber the strawhats, and most of the Strawhats aren't a match for any Akatsuki.

The fruit users definitely represent a major chunk of the Strawhat's strength, so taking them out could decided the fight right there.

Nephthys
Deidara's nanobomb attack takes too long.

Not really. Robin could do it easily, as you said.

Chibaku Tensei would take out all of his team as well bar Madara.

Konan's paper is not intangible. Plus Nami could beat her by making it rain on her. Or hit her with some lightning. Or Franky's fire attacks. Or Sanji's Diable Jambe. Or Ussop's Fire Bird Star.

Yeah, no. Most of the Strawhats are pretty dumb, but Robin is a stone cold *****. She'd snap him in half as quickly as she can if he tried that. Plus they're fighting in Marineford so theres plenty of high-ground for them to retreat to if Kisame pulls out a lake.

Bullshit. Most of the Strawhats are out of Akatsuki's league.

Q99
Madara can protect others by warping them to his little pocket dimension, then retrieving them. Also they could use Deidara's birds to fly the whole team out of range, those who can't already fly.

Nope, water doesn't work against her. We've seen her fight in the rain. Toad Oil made her paper stick together, but water was used to remove it, working to her advantage, and even the oil didn't really beat her, just restricted her.

Konan used a paper jutsu to block Jiraiya's fireballs (and fire jutsu are both bigger than Franky's and have been known to melt stone), so she's quite capable of handling that too. I mean, yea, I guess they can do damage, but it's nothing she hasn't defended against and more.

Conversely, her attacks are a very large threat in return, she's got massive amounts of boomy, and her paper swarms are almost impossible to avoid. Konan could take on Nami, Usopp, and Franky at once and not be in any particular danger.

The 'lake' is mobile, it can roll to wherever he needs.

He can regen even fatal wounds with chakra, so a broken spine wouldn't necessarily take him down. Not to mention if he's got Samehada with him, a grab isn't necessarily a good idea, if he tears into hands grabbing him, Nico'll take major damage.

The weaker members are much slower and have less stats and less destructive abilities. Also, Akatsuki tends to have a wider range of strong abilities, rather than a single speciality like the Straw Hats.

Only the Monster Trio + Nico really have what it takes to take an Akatsuki in a fair fight.

I don't know whether one side's being overestimate or the other underestimated, but feat wise the two sides stack up pretty well... when comparing equivalent levels. High level characters from one side vs low level or mid level from another go badly for the low level one whichever way you compare (and OP does have a level without a Naruto equivalent, the Enel/Admiral/etc. tier, but they aren't here so that's another issue).

Nephthys
Afraid not. If The rest of the team leave Pein alone then he gets gangraped by the Strawhats. Luffy in particular punches his head off as soon as he's the only target.

Plus if Deidara starts spitting out a half dozen birds and flying away Ussop could take him out. YOu might call bullshit but Ussop has frightening range and accuracy and its not like Deidara is well known for his durability.

Fair enough.

No she didn't. http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v41/c371/15.html Unless she does it later in the fight with Pain she wasn't shown blocking it.

She doesn't get her exploding tags here. All she has is her paper, which is pathetic. Without prep she has no chance. Nami avoided attacks from someone much quicker than her (Kalifa, Oars) and so has Ussop (Oars).

Bullshit is she even scratching Franky.

It can't move as fast as the Strawhats. Hell, current Luffy could take him out in a single punch through the water, as would the rest of the big guns of the SHs.

He regenerated from a potentially fatal wound. Theres nothing to suggest he can return from death.

Hence why I said most, not all.

Not really.

TheAuraAngel
Do fruit users suddenly have the ability to do shit under water? Cause that is the only way one of them would be able to do anything if they were under said water.

Not that the others wouldn't be able to do things underwater.

Also, the paper seems to be on fire. She couldn't have dodged it if that were the case. So she probably blocked it.

Nephthys
Luffy can.

Robin can.

According to Oda DF users need to be at least past the knees in water to be affected. Thats why Luffy could walk around Hancocks bath without any ill effects. Robin should be able to use her powers therefore.

And she can't block it without getting burnt, nor does she have infinate paper. Eventualy she becomes a non-issue.

King Kandy
Originally posted by King Kandy
Current Madara solos.
How could they possibly defeat him?

Nephthys
Madara isn't invincible. Danzo's bodygaurds got an arm from him. Plus I don't think he has teh new Paths of Pain here. 8 vs 19? A little unfair.

King Kandy
Even if they hurt him, he can reduce it to illusion w/ izanagi. Meanwhile, Izanagi can be used to make his own attacks connect without fail; he will just soul rip every one of them, soloing the team.

Nephthys
Um, its never been used like that.

And he only has Izanagi once.

King Kandy
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v51/c479/2.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v51/c479/3.html

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v51/c479/12.html

Has too. Danzo made his own attacks connect at the same time he was making Sasuke's illusions.

Nephthys
It says they're 'made a reality', not that they're a guaranteed hit.

Plus, again, only once.

Nephthys
Why would he need a gauranteed hit on an unmoving target? And if it was a guaranteed hit, it would hit Sasuke, not Susanoo.

King Kandy
Obviously, it still operates through physical means... it won't just phase through targets. But it alters reality in such a way that his attacks connect. When Madara has multiple guaranteed 1-hit-kills, this spells a bad combo. All he needs to do is touch someone to soul rip or BFR. You're trying to tell me that with his space-time and reality manipulation, he won't even be able to touch them? Please.

His sharingan Izanagi lasts for 5 minutes... that long of an activation is more than enough. We also don't know how it will interact w/ the rinnegan but I strongly believe that the rinnegan is not extinguished by Izanagi use.

Nephthys
But he needs to turn it off to be able to attack. He can't use it to block all attacks against him and make all his attacks hit for 5 minutes straight or he would have taken out Konan a few seconds into her mass explosion attack. You're assigning him powers and abilities beyond anything he's actually done.

If he could use Izanami without losing an eye he could solo the war. He wouldn't need soldiers or anything. Forget the 6 Paths, he would be invincible.

King Kandy
Why would he need to turn it off to attack? Danzo didn't. In fact, it being on aided his ability to attack. Attacks work better while under Izanagi's influence. Madara needed to keep it defensive the whole 5 minutes because he was under continuous explosions and needed to wait for them to be used up. In this case, he can just use space-time to avoid whatever attacks they had.

I think he pretty much is invincible (that is, until kishi inevitably reveals some hitherto unknown weakness in his abilities).

psycho gundam
danzou only deactivated it to conserve chackra

Q99
I don't call BS on his range or accuracy there at all, I'm with you, he could hit super-far shots ten times out of ten.

Deidara isn't known for his durability... but neither is Kakashi, and we've seen the kind of stuff Kakashi takes. Neji too. Ninja with no specific toughness techniques are far in excess of human durability.

Remember, Genin punch craters in stone and take said punches no problem too. I think the only attacks Usopp has that'd do more than annoy a ninja are his gas bomb and impact dial.

Usopp shoots them, and they're fine.

Also don't forget throwing weapons to knock attacks out of the air is trivial, even pre-timeskip Sakura and Naruto do it no prob. Good aim isn't enough of they're just intercepted.

Remember that the only people in Naruto who use ranged weapons as primary attacks rely massed spam of them, dozens of them per second. All other thrown weapons either use surprise or are just distractions.

I will note how she's not burned there, just some paper floating around them, despite it being aimed right at her and as mentioned, enough to melt stone. In other words, it was blocked.

The anime shows it more, her cloud of paper and fireball hit.

Why wouldn't she have her normal tools? The insane quantity of her ultimate jutsu required specific prep, but she used them in other jutsu too.

Also, her paper is chakra-reinforced and equal in power to a shuriken made of metal (per the databook), and like all ninja shuriken, thrown by someone with super-strength or projected with similar force.

Likewise, the "wrap someone in paper and restrain" them thing holds ninja with superhuman strength, so holding Nami, Usopp, and Brook with them would be no big.

She's quicker than them, especially with her flight, and remember she does the "fill the entire space with paper shuriken so there is no-where to dodge too".

Seriously, why does "OP is faster than Naruto" keep coming up? Like in the Gamabunta and Oars discussion, it was claimed that Oars would blitz Gamabunta but when it actually came to observed travel speed, Gamabunta's done more in one leap that Oars did in an entire battle.

A high level Body flicker appears to be every bit as fast as OP speed moves, and Ninja battles regularly cover much more ground than OP ones. One Piece characters can run quite awhile to travel a distance that

Think about how long it took to cross Ennes Loby, Thriller Bark, or Marineford. Some of which was opposition, but much of the former was trivial to blow through.

It takes much less time for ninja to travel distances than it does One Piece characters.

Kisame can move the lake as fast as he can move, and he can move really fast in the water.

Remember when Kisame was escaping the turtle island, he travelled so fast it took Bee's boosted arm throwing Gai, plus a turtle jump, to catch up, all in a few handfuls of seconds.

And they ended up far enough off the island to make this explosion, and the shockwave of the blast to take significant time to reach them. That's some distance.

If he wasn't submerged first and Kisame was close enough to the edge, yea Luffy could.

A broken spine is not immediately fatal. It's a mortal wound that'll kill fast, but so is having a chunk of your torso removed.

She has massive amounts, and she creates them with chakra, remember when she built herself back up from a torso.

Not infinite, she can get exhausted... but we have seen she has a ton of chakra and can make and control large amounts of paper.

TheAuraAngel
Itachi flips them off and into an illusion they go. Hurhur.

I'm kidding of course but I don't know how well genjutsu would fair. Someone be willing to tell me? :O

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Itachi flips them off and into an illusion they go. Hurhur.

I'm kidding of course but I don't know how well genjutsu would fair. Someone be willing to tell me? :O

That was my joke.

Itachi's genjutsu? One-shots them all, at the same time. vin

TheAuraAngel
Mine now. vin

Demonic Phoenix
Aha. Yet another classic example of me doing all the work, and you copying me. 313

~ I don't read OP, so every post of mine in this thread will be off-topic or intended BS.

TheAuraAngel
I'm sorry. I'm afraid since you didn't copyright it, I copied no one. 131

Demonic Phoenix
Damn that's weird. I was originally going to say I copyrighted it, but then I chose that other comment. >__>

Mind-reader? No wonder you copy me all the time. stick out tongue

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Damn that's weird. I was originally going to say I copyrighted it, but then I chose that other comment. >__>

Mind-reader? No wonder you copy me all the time. stick out tongue

Ah, how we regret our decisions.

Nah. It's my sharingan. vin

Nagato
Are you guys retarded?Extremely easy win for Akatsuki
Itachi, Nagato or Kisame would solo...If they be in OP universe they will be at least admiral level and even Luffy is not even close to admiral level

Jmanghan
Lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.