Marvel Magic vs. DC Magic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Dr. Strange vs. Dr. Fate
Thor vs. Captain Marvel
Adam Warlock vs. Alan Scott
Wiccan vs. Raven
Scarlet Witch vs. Zatanna
Shaman vs. John Constatine
Ghost Rider vs. Etrigan
Juggernaut vs. Grundy
Snowbird vs. Swamp Thing

Pick the winners?

which team wins in a team battle?

chomperx9
is god power considered magic ?

byrdgang21
Who are you referring to?

Prep-Man
which version of fate? anyway, slight edge to dc. alan and swamp thing tips the scale. should have put tim hunter on dc.

cdtm
Lets call it a tie. Both have pretty insane feats, with Strange taking down Galactus without prep and regularly dealing with cosmic level threats, and Fate being the "Anti Mordru" in all his incarnations, who himself is more powerful then the Legion of Super Heroes entire roster, plus standing up to Specte on a few occasions. And Fate is really Nabu taking over a host body, meaning Strange is facing a Lord of Order.. Back in the day, the Lords of Order treated even Spectre like a glorified servant.

Well, Thor's biggest advantage against Superman is the magic weakness. With Cap, he doesn't even have that, and Cap's way too fast to allow Thor to access his most devastating attacks. So Cap.

AW with the Soul Gem, Alan Scott without.

Assuming House of M isn't considered a normal operating level, so..

Whoever shoots first? Both are walking plot devices..

Hmm.. I'm thinking Etrigan. It was implied Ghost Rider had serious power in World War Hulk, but we never got to see him really unleash it, and there were preconditions on accessing the full power, which don't really apply here...

Juggernaut, every time.

byrdgang21
Originally posted by cdtm
Lets call it a tie. Both have pretty insane feats, with Strange taking down Galactus without prep and regularly dealing with cosmic level threats, and Fate being the "Anti Mordru" in all his incarnations, who himself is more powerful then the Legion of Super Heroes entire roster, plus standing up to Specte on a few occasions. And Fate is really Nabu taking over a host body, meaning Strange is facing a Lord of Order.. Back in the day, the Lords of Order treated even Spectre like a glorified servant.

Well, Thor's biggest advantage against Superman is the magic weakness. With Cap, he doesn't even have that, and Cap's way too fast to allow Thor to access his most devastating attacks. So Cap.

AW with the Soul Gem, Alan Scott without.

Assuming House of M isn't considered a normal operating level, so..

Whoever shoots first? Both are walking plot devices..

Hmm.. I'm thinking Etrigan. It was implied Ghost Rider had serious power in World War Hulk, but we never got to see him really unleash it, and there were preconditions on accessing the full power, which don't really apply here...

Juggernaut, every time.

Nice post

Harbinger
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Dr. Strange vs. Dr. Fate
Thor vs. Captain Marvel
Wiccan vs. Raven
Ghost Rider vs. Etrigan
Juggernaut vs. Grundy
Snowbird vs. Swamp Thing

Pick the winners?

which team wins in a team battle?

One on one:

Strange
Billy
Alan Scott, pretty hard
Raven
Zatanna
Shaman
Etrigan
Depends on the version of SG
Swamp Thing. Hard.

In a team battle, team two takes it, largely on the strength of Alec Holland.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Harbinger
One on one:

Strange
Billy
Alan Scott, pretty hard
Raven
Zatanna
Shaman
Etrigan
Depends on the version of SG
Swamp Thing. Hard.

In a team battle, team two takes it, largely on the strength of Alec Holland.

This, but I take Juggernaut over Gundy, and Thor over Billy.

Prep-Man
How does current Strange take current Fate? And Grundy is very powerful. Don't take him lightly. He recently destroyed Alan's battery. Took on JSA, etc...

ColossusGrundy
Dr. Strange vs. Dr. Fate
Thor vs. Captain Marvel
Wiccan vs. Raven
Ghost Rider vs. Etrigan
Juggernaut vs. Grundy
Snowbird vs. Swamp Thing

Strange/Fate = probably a wash, they cancel each other out.

Thor/Cap M. = Billy, Thor fights arrogantly and Billy has gotten better.

Adam Warlock vs Alan Scott = Current Alan wipes the floor with him.

Wiccan vs Raven = If Raven gets ticked, she takes it.

Scarlet Witch vs Zatanna = I like the Witch, but Zatanna has some crazy feats and if her confidence is up she's hard to match, so she takes this.

Shaman vs Constantine = Shaman, Constantine is a cruel joke on the comics world.

G.R. vs Etrigan = Etrigan has punched Supes to the moon, G.R. doesn't have a single feat that impresses me that much, Etrigan ftw.

Juggs vs Grundy = Big dumb Grundy wins when Juggs can't beat him (his detatched limbs fight on and reattatch). Smart Grundy loses to lack of power. Typical Grundy is big and dumb, like fighting a Zombie Hulk, Juggs loses out.

Team DC, Zatanna, Alan and Cap tip the scales for them.

nimbus006
Dr. Strange vs. Dr. Fate- Split
Thor vs. Captain Marvel - Split
Adam Warlock vs. Alan Scott- Alan
Wiccan vs. Raven- This could go either way, not sure
Scarlet Witch vs. Zatanna- Depends of the version of SW, but for the most part Zantanna
Shaman vs. John Constatine- Shaman
Ghost Rider vs. Etrigan- Etrigan
Juggernaut vs. Grundy- Classic Juggs, otherwise Grundy
Snowbird vs. Swamp Thing- Swampthing

DC takes the team battle.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by nimbus006
Dr. Strange vs. Dr. Fate- Split
Thor vs. Captain Marvel - Split
Adam Warlock vs. Alan Scott- Alan
Wiccan vs. Raven- This could go either way, not sure
Scarlet Witch vs. Zatanna- Depends of the version of SW, but for the most part Zantanna
Shaman vs. John Constatine- Shaman
Ghost Rider vs. Etrigan- Etrigan
Juggernaut vs. Grundy- Classic Juggs, otherwise Grundy
Snowbird vs. Swamp Thing- Swampthing

DC takes the team battle.

I agree with this smile.

Mindset
How is Etrigan beating GR, punching him?

Strange

Thor

Alan

split/whatever

Zatanna beats classic SW

constantine

GR

Jugs

what version of ST?

Assuming classic SW, the team battle depends only on the versions of ST

nimbus006
Originally posted by Mindset
How is Etrigan beating GR, punching him?

Kind of how Hulk beat him in WWH roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, but seriously, Physical attacks do affect him. Obviously, you can't kill him that way, but a KO would suffice.

Mindset
Kind of how Hulk beat him in WWH roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, but seriously, Physical attacks do affect him. Obviously, you can't kill him that way, but a KO would suffice. By not beating him? OK.

How is Etrigan going to KO him, with punches?

nimbus006
By not beating him? OK.

How is Etrigan going to KO him, with punches?

Haven't read it in a while, but how did that fight end?

I remember Strange say something like GR couldn't use the penance stare on him cuz it wouldn't affect Hulk. I think he also says something like GR is one of the most powerful people in the world, but I also remember Hulk taking it to GR pretty good, but like I said, it's been a while.

Mindset
The fight ended with GR leaving because Hulk wasn't guilty.

Even if Hulk was, he wasn't, GR can heal from any damage he can do.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
The fight ended with GR leaving because Hulk wasn't guilty.

Even if Hulk was, he wasn't, GR can heal from any damage he can do.

But how does he return from being upper-cutted to the Moon?

Mindset
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
But how does he return from being upper-cutted to the Moon? With his motorcycle that can transverse dimensions?

Haven't read it in a while, but how did that fight end?

I remember Strange say something like GR couldn't use the penance stare on him cuz it wouldn't affect Hulk. I think he also says something like GR is one of the most powerful people in the world, but I also remember Hulk taking it to GR pretty good, but like I said, it's been a while. blaze goes after hulk to stop the turmoil, when hulk dumps a building on him, blazes submerges and the spirit of venegance takes over. dr starnge says that the GR could conceivebly win as he was on of the most powerful entities on earth, invincible for most intents and purposes. but since the hulk's victims werent innocent, the GR leaves

nimbus006
Originally posted by 753
blaze goes after hulk to stop the turmoil, when hulk dumps a building on him, blazes submerges and the spirit of venegance takes over. dr starnge says that the GR could conceivebly win as he was on of the most powerful entities on earth, invincible for most intents and purposes. but since the hulk's victims werent innocent, the GR leaves

Close enough, thanks. big grin

Prep-Man
I have doubts GR's stare would work. Similar attack failed on Etrigan. It would be a good battle, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.