Phantoms versus The Blob

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Phantoms

cAI2LkaqOX0

Versus The Blob

sixDADVVnxA

So both creatures/beings find themselves in sunny Miami. They learn of each others presence and engage in an all out battle to the death. Neither know anything of the others powers.

Who wins?

BTW, Affleck was da bomb in Phantoms yo.

jaden101
Phantoms is a great movie up until the fact that it turns out to be a giant oil slick. Highly underrated though. Great cast as well.

Oddly enough I've never seen the 88 Blob movie so I can't comment on who'd win

Rogue Jedi
Blob was, well, a big ass blob from a meteor. It ate people, melted them and shit. So cheesy it's good.

Rogue Jedi
Here's a link to the complete movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-r9fUJDQ_s&feature=related

jaden101
Cheers. I'll give it a watch tomorrow on my day off.

the ninjak
If the Blob started absorbing Phantom victims maybe that oily virus can infect and take over.

Rogue Jedi
I think Phantoms had the size advantage?

Lestov16
Blob. Acidic properties will burn the shit out of Phantom (I read the actual Koontz novel BTW) once he tries to absorb him, and then the blob will treat him like another snack

Rogue Jedi
I was just thinking that.

What exactly happen to the Phantom victims when they were "absorbed?"

Lestov16
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I was just thinking that.

What exactly happen to the Phantom victims when they were "absorbed?"

They just got assimilated (biotic properties that is. All their clothing was intact). He also gained their memories, which allowed him to become smarter. Also because he gained the memories of some racist or something, he is also a sadist

Rogue Jedi
So they were like, melded into the Phantom?

Lestov16
If you've ever read the Steven King short story "The raft", that monster in that is a rudimentary version of the monster in the "Phantoms" film

Rogue Jedi
The raft...I remember that short from "Creepshow", remember?

Lestov16
I think they made a live-action adaptation of it. I think it was it's own movie though, although I may be wrong

Rogue Jedi
Hell, that thing did what the Blob did, melting and ingesting people.

the ninjak
The blob from the raft was no different from the 80's Blob film.

If the Phantom virus can't control the blob then the blob wins. It's only math.

The Blob was proven to be a sentient creature. Due to the end of the film showing a man with a tiny morsel of the creature that had taken his eye.
The film never showed the creature breaking into 2 and becoming two creatures.

It is arguable whether the Phantom's can infect the Blob's consciousness but I wager the Blob just absorbs it.

Blob ftw.

Rogue Jedi
Good post.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.