Orion Vs Shaman X-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Orion tapping into the Source. Who wins?

byrdgang21
Very close fight imo. Could go either way. I'll say Nate 6/10 but I reserve the right to change my mind.

leonidas
what's that mean--tapping into the source? the astroforce is a manifestation of the source, so, in essence, he is ALWAYS tapping into it....

orion was put down my maxima. nate could possibly do the same. orion could take some for sure though. close fight.

guy222
shaman in a close fight

Originally posted by guy222
shaman in a close fight

Prep-Man
Originally posted by leonidas
what's that mean--tapping into the source? the astroforce is a manifestation of the source, so, in essence, he is ALWAYS tapping into it....

orion was put down my maxima. nate could possibly do the same. orion could take some for sure though. close fight.

Maxima came up behind Orion and used a tp assault. Later it was retconned that New Gods were immune to telepathy. So, for the people who said Nate, how would he win?

Edit, btw, Source of the Beast Orion. He gets stronger and overall more powerful. Same with Countdown Orion where he ripped Darkseid's heart out.

Glorificus
Nate Grey.

Prep-Man
I believe this was the Source of the beast Orion.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/11352/1054931-newgodsv3_06_16_large.jpg

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Maxima came up behind Orion and used a tp assault. Later it was retconned that New Gods were immune to telepathy. So, for the people who said Nate, how would he win? When was it retconned?

Prep-Man
I believe an issue of Martian Manhunter.

Arabus
I believe an issue of Martian Manhunter.

I've heard about this, but what issue.

leonidas
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
When was it retconned?

yeah, i'd like to know that too..... there had been some issue made that he was immune to tp even before max ko'd him i thought. if there was something "officially stated'" in a book after the event, i'd need to see proof before i bought into a 'retcon' of that particular event.

Prep-Man
I don't think it was mentioned before the Maxima incident, however, it was said that NG's were immune to telepathy or Martian telepthay. Note that these are just the lowly of the New Gods. The weak ones. This was when Kanto appeared in Ostrander's MM run.

Galan007
I believe this was the Source of the beast Orion.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/11352/1054931-newgodsv3_06_16_large.jpg iirc, Orion's most impressive feat in that form was trouncing Kalibak (something he was capable of beforehand.) He was essentially just the host body through which the true Darkseid was reborn (hence the stoney appearance he had in that scan.)

Galan007
I don't think it was mentioned before the Maxima incident, however, it was said that NG's were immune to telepathy or Martian telepthay. Note that these are just the lowly of the New Gods. The weak ones. This was when Kanto appeared in Ostrander's MM run. You referring to when J'onn was unable to read Kanto's mind? If so, that happened in a flashback -- back when J'onn was still young -- back when the Martian civilization was still alive (ie. it happened a LOOONG time ago.) His abilities as a whole improved tremendously since then.

For instance, J'onn traveled to Apokolips on another occasion during that very same series, and actually had to dampen his psychic senses as to not be overwhelmed by the despair he sensed in the planet's populace. Not sure his psychic senses would have picked up that despair if the Gods were immune to his mental powa. /shrug

...And it's not like Orion being mindraped by Maxima is a poor showing- she mindraped Brainiac 5 in that very same comic, after all.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Galan007
You referring to when J'onn was unable to read Kanto's mind? If so, that happened in a flashback -- back when J'onn was still young -- back when the Martian civilization was still alive (ie. it happened a LOOONG time ago.) His abilities as a whole improved tremendously since then.

For instance, J'onn traveled to Apokolips on another occasion during that very same series, and actually had to dampen his psychic senses as to not be overwhelmed by the despair he sensed in the planet's populace. Not sure his psychic senses would have picked up that despair if the Gods were immune to his mental powa. /shrug

...And it's not like Orion being mindraped by Maxima is a poor showing- she mindraped Brainiac 5 in that very same comic, after all.

Is that the same scene where it said the lowest of the NG's were immune to telepathy?

Anyway, I know it's not a low showing, since she came up from behind.

Galan007
Is that the same scene where it said the lowest of the NG's were immune to telepathy? I believe so. I'll have to look when I get home.

Anyway, I know it's not a low showing, since she came up from behind. She grabbed his arm from behind. She mindraped him from the front:

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj364/galanphotobook/th_maxima_telepathy24.jpg http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj364/galanphotobook/th_maxima_telepathy25.jpg

Prep-Man
She still caught him off guard. Orion has resisted mind control, too.

Galan007
^ Apparently not from someone on Maxima's level. wink

Lord Feron
X-Man.

Prep-Man
good thing thats not orion tapping into the source. he was a beast in countdown.

Arabus
She still caught him off guard. Orion has resisted mind control, too.

Whose mind-control has Orion resisted?

I don't know man, I'm going to have to agree with Galan here.

In fact, with Orion not looking too particularly mad and foaming at the mouth in that scan, you could also argue that he's more shielded psionically than normal based on Steel's analysis during Waid's run on JLA. Maxima is just that powerful.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Arabus Whose mind-control has Orion resisted? I don't know man, I'm going to have to agree with Galan here. In fact, with Orion not looking too particularly mad and foaming at the mouth in that scan, you could also argue that he's more shielded psionically than normal based on Steel's analysis during Waid's run on JLA. Maxima is just that powerful.

someone from apokolips. the mother box protected him iirc.

who do you see winning?

Arabus
someone from apokolips. the mother box protected him iirc.

who do you see winning?

I don't know a lot about X-Man, other than hearsay. Does he even have a physical body anymore?

Who was the Apokoliptian that Orion resisted?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.