DE Luke Skywalker Versus Peak Bane (No Orbalisks)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NowYouRemember
Setting is inside Yavin 4 Temple. (Massassi Temple)

Darth Bane at the peak of his power, but devoid of Orbalisk armor, walks into Luke's academy to find him teaching students.

Luke (After defeating DE Sidious successfully) has spent the few days afterwards training his pupils and is shocked to find the Dark Lord standing within the Temple.

He ushers his students away and draws his lightsaber, knowing there will be a hellish fight at hand.

1. Force

2. Sabers

3. All out

Who wins?

bayhunter12
Skywalker takes this all out

NowYouRemember
Originally posted by bayhunter12
Skywalker takes this all out

Bane at his peak of power and skill gets raped?

What about on Force or Saber alone?

bayhunter12
I'm not saying Luke stomps him here but I believe he would win in a tough fight.

Nephthys
Bane would be able to beat him.

NowYouRemember
That's what I was thinking.

ares834
Skywalker.

Nephthys
DE Luke must of been a lot more impressive than I'm remembering.

Or not.

ares834
Defeating DE Palpatine in a duel is more than enough to net him the win.

NowYouRemember
Originally posted by ares834
Defeating DE Palpatine in a duel is more than enough to net him the win.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Leia help him with that?

Nephthys
You're not mistaken.

DARTH POWER
But He did crush an AT-AT Walker with the Force.

NowYouRemember
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
But He did crush an AT-AT Walker with the Force.

Bane raped one, then eventually warmed up to it and decided to marry it.

ares834
Originally posted by NowYouRemember
If I'm not mistaken, didn't Leia help him with that?

That's pretty arguable, unless their is a source that actually says such a thing but I don't know aout any that do.

SlightlyFlaccid
While there are certain implications, to my knowledge there is no source that outright confirms that Leia assisted or intervened through the Force on behalf of Luke during his duel with the Emperor.

edited for accuracy

Nephthys
http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-crossarms.gif

SlightlyFlaccid
N.
http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-crossarms.gif

There are two or three implications (depending on how strict you interpret comic visuals). First is the statement from The Essential Guide to the Force that says that Luke realized he couldn't defeat Palpatine alone; second is Leia's admission in the comic that she was already joining her power with Luke's before Palpatine summoned his Force Storm; third(?) is Leia's body seemingly glowing with energy during Luke's duel with Palpatine.

Nephthys
Yes.

I understand. awesus

DARTH POWER
^ I would question how much she could help him though by just standing there not even using TK.

Obi-Wan (for example) was not able to help Qui-Gon just standing there watching him watching him get stabbed. And I dnt think Leia was fully trained yet as of DE1.

Nephthys
She was using Battle Meditation or a variant thereof. Joining her power with his, as SlightlyFlaccid put it, as well as her unborn childs iirc.

DARTH POWER
^ Wait.. It was only confirmed she was helping Luke when they were both using battle meditation to stop Sidious's Force Storm.

There was no evidence of her helping him in the Lightsaber fight. And I dnt even recall an instance where a Jedi aids another Jedi in a Lightsaber fight that way.

Nephthys
Originally posted by SlightlyFlaccid
There are two or three implications (depending on how strict you interpret comic visuals) . First is the statement from The Essential Guide to the Force that says that Luke realized he couldn't defeat Palpatine alone; second is Leia's admission in the comic that she was already joining her power with Luke's before Palpatine summoned his Force Storm; third(?) is Leia's body seemingly glowing with energy during Luke's duel with Palpatine.

DARTH POWER
^ Luke realising he cant defeat Palpatine alone could easily refer to defeating his Force Storm.

Leia saying she's already joined her power to his while they were preventing the force storm.

Have to check the glowing thing.

Nephthys
Doubtful considering Palpatine previously beat Luke with ease in lightsaber combat. Luke didn't magically get better.

She says she has already joined with him before he even asked. Coupled with the glow during the duel its hardly a stretch to say she had been doing so during it.

DARTH POWER
Yeah I checked last night. During the duel Leia was indeed glowing, and meditating. They were specifically showing her in the background.

Still I would question the extent to how much a padawan could help by meditating.

As for Luke getting easily defeated earlier, that doesn't mean much in Star Wars. He had more clarity for the second fight with Leia there.

Black bolt z
I'm torn. Both are awesome.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Nephthys
Doubtful considering Palpatine previously beat Luke with ease in lightsaber combat. Luke didn't magically get better.

Beg your pardon, but yes he did get better.

Palpatine only beat him previously because at that point his heart and spirit were still clouded by the dark side.

When Luke "snapped out of it" he had a clear heart and spirit and so fought much better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.