God Cable vs. Beta Ray Bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

Harbinger
Jesus Cable.

inimalist
BRB

Cogito
Cable

leonidas
comes up all the time--if bill can resist being put to sleep with tp, he can win. if not, cable wins, easily. all comes down to bill's mental resistance, which no one has ever been able to gauge.

imo, it's impossible to call a winner.

psycho gundam
magneto stomps

"Id"
An ability often overlooked is that Cable can interface with machines through his telepathy. A form of technopathy, thanks to T.O. virus.

So if someone brings up the fact that Bill is a form of Cyborg, that may not save him from his telepathy. Not that it should matters, since Bill has been effected by a mild telepath.

Galan007
^ A cyborg whom is also enchanted by Asgardian magics.

I'm sure if it were that easy to muck with Bill's 'tech', fellas like Surfer, Stardust, Galactus, etc. would have done so by now.

psycho gundam
surfer didn't need to get inventive, he just had to use basic maneuvers to get the job done, isn't that right rage (i know you will see this)

http://i54.tinypic.com/2ymgaq1.gif

yes surfer's fists worked just fine on robothorse

"Id"
Originally posted by 753
yes surfer's fists worked just fine on robothorse

Its Magical Robohorse sir!

Galan007
Originally posted by 753
yes surfer's fists worked just fine on robothorse ...After Surfer cheap-shotted Bill with his board. Before that, they appeared to be pretty evenly matched.

Naija boy
probably Cable via mind whammy.

MF DELPH
Cable telekinetically creates a silver surfboard and hits Bill in the back with it, then proceeds to serve him up a 3 piece with a biscuit and coleslaw.

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
^ A cyborg whom is also enchanted by Asgardian magics.

I'm sure if it were that easy to muck with Bill's 'tech', fellas like Surfer, Stardust, Galactus, etc. would have done so by now. So you're saying Galactus can't mess with Bill's tech?

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
...After Surfer cheap-shotted Bill with his board. Before that, they appeared to be pretty evenly matched.

People tend to forget about this and before the cheap shot- Bill had the advantage.

no he didnt and so what if he got hit on the back of the head? SS won fair and square with standard gear

carver9
Originally posted by 753
no he didnt and so what if he got hit on the back of the head? SS won fair and square with standard gear

You mean hit in the back of the head with a board going light speed? Before the board incident, Surfer couldn't land a single hit and got two pieced through a ship and had all of his attacks absorbed. The board changed the fight and it was a cheap shot.

lol the board is standard equipment, thats like saying that a hammer toss or an energy attack that circles the enemy to hit his back is a chepa shot. it's called fighting smart. and the SS was mostly trying to talk BRB down throughout that fight, so no, BRB wasnt close to defeating him before the board struck

carver9
Originally posted by 753
lol the board is standard equipment, thats like saying that a hammer toss or an energy attack that circles the enemy to hit his back is a chepa shot. it's called fighting smart. and the SS was mostly trying to talk BRB down throughout that fight, so no, BRB wasnt close to defeating him before the board struck

Never said that it wasnt standard equipment but its basically his "only" offense against the hammer brothers. Look at the Thor fight that he is currently in. Haven't hit him with a single blast yet, he used his board twice. He's doing it in a different fashion than what he did against Bill... At least he is using it face to face against Thor vs what he was doing against Bill.

By the way, relook at the Bill and Surfer fight. Surfer couldn't land a single attack until he hit Bill in the back of the head and when does Surfer "not" talk during combat.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by carver9
Never said that it wasnt standard equipment but its basically his "only" offense against the hammer brothers. Look at the Thor fight that he is currently in. Haven't hit him with a single blast yet, he used his board twice. He's doing it in a different fashion than what he did against Bill... At least he is using it face to face against Thor vs what he was doing against Bill.

By the way, relook at the Bill and Surfer fight. Surfer couldn't land a single attack until he hit Bill in the back of the head and when does Surfer "not" talk during combat. Surfer hit Thor from behind with his board. To return the favor that Thor showed him to start the fight.

Angel Watching
Surfer has had this board apart of him more than any of them has been alive. He won that fight. In this fight I take God Cable over Bill... Slightly

carver9
Originally posted by Angel Watching
Surfer has had this board apart of him more than any of them has been alive. He won that fight. In this fight I take God Cable over Bill... Slightly

Not saying that he didn't win but when it was a face to face fight, Surfer was on the losing end against Bill. THAT'S what I am saying.

Naija boy
lol losing end my ass.....bill hit surfer twice while surfer was flying towards him, openly attempting to reason with him which indicates he was holding back significantly. After clocking surfer, surfer still had the presence of mind (mid flight) to redirect his board behind bill and use it to wack him in the head.

Bill getting in the first hits (which were ineffectual by the way) against surfer does not indicate some type of battle superiority. What those who advocate this revisionist view of the battle fail to realise is that surfers board is standard equipment for him and the board blitz/bash is a tactic he uses all the time. Also Surfers board was in bills line of sight when he was hit and so surfer zooming it around him faster than he can perceive and hitting him with it is hardly a "cheapshot". More like good battle tactics.

OneDumbG0
^ It was a good fight. And there'll be others.

Between BRB and God Cable it's a tough call. The more I look at God Cable's feats, the more impressed I am.

inimalist
lol, which feats in particular?

Starscream M
Originally posted by inimalist
lol, which feats in particular? rebuilding a city while battling a high herald is pretty damn impressive

Naija boy
Originally posted by Starscream M
rebuilding a city while battling a high herald is pretty damn impressive

That was a joint feat though since surfer was doing it as well. still impressive.

whats even more impressive though was the fact that he was levitating a small city (providence) and peforming global level telepathy at the same time iirc.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Naija boy
That was a joint feat though since surfer was doing it as well. still impressive.

whats even more impressive though was the fact that he was levitating a small city (providence) and peforming global level telepathy at the same time iirc. oh, didn't know surfer helped.

he was still fighting the technovirus then as well, right? I'd love to see an unhandicapped full-potential cable.

inimalist
rebuilding a city while battling a high herald is pretty damn impressive

either "battling" or "high herald" need to be put in quotations there, but sure, its "impressive", as in, Cable couldn't do it before...

he was still fighting the technovirus then as well, right? I'd love to see an unhandicapped full-potential cable.

no, after merging with Deadpool's DNA he had purged the virus from his system iirc, or at least, his HF was fighting it such that he didn't need to use telepathy to do so

OneDumbG0
lol, which feats in particular? Worldwide telepathy, city-scale telekinesis, busting Surfer's board, atomic level matter manipulation on a massive scale.

Granted, the last one was along with Silver Surfer but they were battling across the globe and annihilating people/battleships and near instantaneously reassembling them. That's a really impressive feat for Surfer, let alone God Cable.

inimalist
I don't think that is a particularly impressive feat for Surfer, :/

OneDumbG0
^ ... yeah, it is.

inimalist
/shrug we can agree to disagree I suppose

Starscream M
I don't think that is a particularly impressive feat for Surfer, :/ how is it NOT impressive? Do you realize how difficult it is to reassemble complex molecular objects while NOT even devoting your full attention?

"Id"
oh, didn't know surfer helped.

With the Legacy Virus cure, Cable went on to purge himself of the Virus.

This allowed his powers to expand exponentially.

The Virus returned, but by then his powers has expanded to such a point (and gained Deadpools Healing Factor), that it took minimal effort to restrain it.

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Worldwide telepathy, city-scale telekinesis, busting Surfer's board, atomic level matter manipulation on a massive scale.

Granted, the last one was along with Silver Surfer but they were battling across the globe and annihilating people/battleships and near instantaneously reassembling them. That's a really impressive feat for Surfer, let alone God Cable.
And he did all the above in a weaken state, since he was showing signs of fatigue when he detonated those 200 plus missiles surrounding Providence. Hell that was SHIELD cue to get the jump on him.

Cable was a beast.

inimalist
how is it NOT impressive? Do you realize how difficult it is to reassemble complex molecular objects while NOT even devoting your full attention?

alright, yes, that is true. it would be very difficult for me to do it, so I guess it is impressive from that perspective.

I'm not sure how hard it would be for someone like surfer, with cable's help, and it is certainly arguable about whose attention was where. imho, no, this really isn't something that should push the extreme of surfer's abilities. frankly I think the way the "fight" is handled in the comic supports this too.

carver9
I agree... Cable was a monster.

By the way, relook at the Bill and Surfer fight. Surfer couldn't land a single attack until he hit Bill in the back of the head and when does Surfer "not" talk during combat.

and thor has likewise only tossed his hammer about so far.the board is far from being his only venue of attack, the fact that he beat BRB down with his fists instead of resorting to blasts or exotic attacks says enough actually

he was trying to calm him down, not put him down until he got tired of it.

OneDumbG0
^ Against guys like Thor and Beta Ray Bill, who pretty much deflect any blasts that come their way, getting up close and personal is somewhat of a necessity.

But I think we should recognize that Surfer's ability to fight in close is not a weakness of Surfer's by any means. Some of his more impressive fights are exactly that sort of fight: up close and personal. More than one might think.

Naija boy
^ true. Strengthwise surfer is no push over and then he has the ability to amp his punches with energy and perhaps the best durability of any high herald. Getting physical is not a weakness of his at all.

vince_slice
I don't think that is a particularly impressive feat for Surfer, :/
Re-assembling destroyed battle ships is impressive.

But it isn't as impressive as the Surfer completely healing a destroyed planet (Sakaar) and sealing away a power potent enough to satisfy Galactus' hunger for a hundred thousand years.

"Id"

carver9

"Id"
Cable sucks. http://i51.tinypic.com/4trc40.gif

carver9
Originally posted by "Id"
http://i51.tinypic.com/4trc40.gif

laughing WTH

Eon Blue
Cable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.