Cassandra Nova vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psy_blade
1) Standard equipment.
2) Complete equipment.

Q99
Standard equipment, Wonder Woman wraps herself in her lasso, thus making her totally immune to telepathy, and stomps.

Ditto complete equipment.

I dont see it. going with nova

Q99
Originally posted by 753
I dont see it. going with nova

You don't see how someone with some of the best anti-telepathy measures there are is going to beat a telepath?

I dont see her doing the maneuver you described. Diana's TP resistance is not absolute and CN has other powers to fall back on

Konton
Wondy, but only because of the lasso.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Q99
Standard equipment, Wonder Woman wraps herself in her lasso, thus making her totally immune to telepathy, and stomps.

Ditto complete equipment. Instances of Diana performing this maneuver on herself would be helpful.

Q99
Gail's run, against the Sons of Ares. The ones who controlled Power Girl into fighting Wonder Woman.

Originally posted by 753
I dont see her doing the maneuver you described. Diana's TP resistance is not absolute and CN has other powers to fall back on

On it's own, her telepathy resistance is already very high, enough so that the JLA sent her against Maxwell Lord in Sacrifice because she can resist him while they were afraid any other member sent would just fall under his sway too.

I've never seen anything telepathically affect someone wrapped in the lasso.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by 753

How would she resist the lasso?

JakeTheBank
She did it just prior to JMS' revamped WW arc, iirc, and has also done it a few times much earlier in the volume around Perez' run, too.

Mindset
Originally posted by Prep-Man
How would she resist the lasso? Telekinesis?

Does it work on intangible beings?

Prep-Man
Yes, it works on intangible beings. It's magic, so...

How would she resist the lasso? avoid contact through her psyarmor

JakeTheBank
I don't see Nova resisting the lasso.

Conversely, Diana will have to use the lasso to defend herself, which removes the one weapon which could feasibly get around Nova's defenses decisively.

Prep-Man
It better be better than anyone else with armor she has affected with.

Mindset
Yes, it works on intangible beings. It's magic, so...
Being magic has no relevance it on working on someone intangible or not. Who did it work on who was intangible?

Is it immune to telekinesis?

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I don't see Nova resisting the lasso.

Conversely, Diana will have to use the lasso to defend herself, which removes the one weapon which could feasibly get around Nova's defenses decisively. you dont think she can avoid contact by staying inside her armor?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mindset
Being magic has no relevance it on working on someone intangible or not. Who did it work on who was intangible?

Is it immune to telekinesis?

She's used it on spirits/ghosts before.

I would say no. Nothing about the lasso suggests it being immune to TK.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by 753
you dont think she can avoid contact by staying inside her armor?

Not unless her armor provides intense spiritual/soul based defenses which is the one thing shown to be able to resist the lasso. That or literally having no soul.

Either way, Diana's kinda boned. Either she saves the lasso to bolster her own defenses and is without a surefire or next to surefire way to attack Nova, or she tries to end it quickly with the lasso and hope she can end it before the mindrape begins.

Mindset
Spirits and ghosts are magic/spiritual, so the lasso being magic would have relevance to them.

Has it worked on someone on the none magic variety?

It doesn't matter though, CN just pushes it away with tk.

Prep-Man
Not if it subdues CN first. She'll be incapable of using her powers.

Mindset
How will it subdue her when her tk prevents that?

JakeTheBank
Spirits and ghosts are magic/spiritual, so the lasso being magic would have relevance to them.

Has it worked on someone on the none magic variety?

It doesn't matter though, CN just pushes it away with tk.

Iirc, she's used the lasso to effect someone who had phased, but I can't cite a specific issue at the moment; I'd have to dig around.

But yeah, TK should be viable if she wrests it from Diana's grip.

Not unless her armor provides intense spiritual/soul based defenses which is the one thing shown to be able to resist the lasso. That or literally having no soul.

Either way, Diana's kinda boned. Either she saves the lasso to bolster her own defenses and is without a surefire or next to surefire way to attack Nova, or she tries to end it quickly with the lasso and hope she can end it before the mindrape begins. it is quite possible a mumudari has no soul, but thats not what I was getting at. the lasso must touch nova and the energy armor, which is like a force-field, can physically keep it out

Prep-Man
How will it subdue her when her tk prevents that?

By holding CN in a tight grip that she can't get out of?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by 753
it is quite possible a mumudari has no soul, but thats not what I was getting at. the lasso must touch nova and the armor can physically keep it out

It depends on the nature of her psy-armor, imo.

It is just like telekinetic solidified energy? Or like an invisible psychic force?

Mindset
By holding CN in a tight grip that she can't get out of? The lasso can't get around her if the tk prevents it from even getting near her.

I'm not sure what you think I'm saying.

Prep-Man
I think she can get the lasso fast enough around her. super speed and all.

It depends on the nature of her psy-armor, imo.

It is just like telekinetic solidified energy? Or like an invisible psychic force? seemed pretty solid to me, she grabbed objects adn people with and IIRC nobody reached inside ***

Mindset
I think she can get the lasso fast enough around her. super speed and all. I don't.

Speed of thought and all.

Prep-Man
WW is capable of being faster than that. CN won't know what hit her ugly ass. smile

Mindset
Flash isn't.

So WW isn't.

Apparently, telepath's speed of thought > speedsters.

Prep-Man
Some of that is PIS and Flash has attacked some tps before they knew what hit them. Hector Hammond comes to mind same with Grodd.

Mindset
Grodd owned Flash with tp.

HH is shit.

Prep-Man
Recently Grodd said he had a hard time getting into his head, but that was because of the Speed Force. Flash has also hit Grodd many times before he can react.

Mindset
And Flash is much faster than WW.

Prep-Man
BTW, HH is a more powerful TP than Grodd. and just more formidable overall in the mind department.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by 753
seemed pretty solid to me, she grabbed objects adn people with and IIRC nobody reached inside ***

I think Diana could feasibly shatter the armor if its solidified telekinetic energy - a scan/image of said armor would be cool if anyone had one ready - either under her own physical power or through the tiara or the lasso itself (either through wrapping the lasso around her fist or by wrapping the lasso around the armor itself). However, Nova's TK could ward off such attempts. I'm more knowledgeable about her TP powers than her TK, but WW isn't explicitly TK resistant nor is her gear.

But again, the lasso is either going to be used defensively, in which case WW's shots of beating Nova are reduced as she won't have the means normally to actually harm her in spite of being defended against mental attacks.

Or...

Diana will use it as a weapon, in which case, she's left open for mental assaults, and yes, while WW is highly resistant to TP, Nova, frankly, shits all over Maxwell Lord and Dr. Psycho, imo, whom she's no sold. And I for one, don't want to apply no limits fallacy to Diana's psy-resistence.

And that's assuming Diana knows she's fighting a telepath who can be intangible for both.

Mindset
BTW, HH is a more powerful TP than Grodd. and just more formidable overall in the mind department. No, HH is shit.

Prep-Man
He may look like shit, but he's a powerful shit head. stick out tongue

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Q99
Gail's run, against the Sons of Ares. The ones who controlled Power Girl into fighting Wonder Woman. I thought she wrapped up Power Girl. Originally posted by JakeTheBank
She did it just prior to JMS' revamped WW arc, iirc, and has also done it a few times much earlier in the volume around Perez' run, too. To protect herself from a telepath? For that matter, how would she even know Cassandra Nova is a telepath in the first place?

I assume that if Marvel characters ever encountered Cassandra Nova, they wouldn't be automatically thinking, "Must get tp defenses up faster than she can think!"

Q99
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I thought she wrapped up Power Girl.

Nope, she wrapped herself up after helping PG break free from control.

Forum rules, everyone gets common knowledge of the other.

Or she can use both. Hit her with the lasso wrapped around her hand, start on defense then when she gets close unwrap it to use on attack, or take advantage of the fact that the lasso is as long as she wants it to be and do both at once.

but what would common knowledge of nova be exactly? she is pretty obscure. essentially unkown outside the x-circle that dealt with her

OneDumbG0
^ This. Doubt Thor would know crap about Cass. Why would Diana?

Prep-Man
Is common knowledge about powers?

OneDumbG0
^ Depends on fame/notoriety I think. Everybody knows Hulk is superstrong. Same with Superman. And by "everybody," I mean denizens of Earth (Marvel or DC).

But Gladiator had no idea who Hulk was (he said so when they first met). No reason to, since he's from Marvel space, rarely on Marvel Earth. I suppose same could be said of DC space-based characters. Like... Atrocitus wouldn't know Hulk either (although... he's been spending time on DC Earth, so maybe he arguably would since Hulk is so famous).

Cassandra Nova is so obscure... she's kinda like... Manchester Black... ? Is that a good analogue? I don't remember if Manchester's Elite were a covert operative team or if they were known in the public.

^ Depends on fame/notoriety I think. Everybody knows Hulk is superstrong. Same with Superman. And by "everybody," I mean denizens of Earth (Marvel or DC).

But Gladiator had no idea who Hulk was (he said so when they first met). No reason to, since he's from Marvel space, rarely on Marvel Earth. I suppose same could be said of DC space-based characters. Like... Atrocitus wouldn't know Hulk either (although... he's been spending time on DC Earth, so maybe he arguably would since Hulk is so famous).

Cassandra Nova is so obscure... she's kinda like... Manchester Black... ? Is that a good analogue? I don't remember if Manchester's Elite were a covert operative team or if they were known in the public. they were total media whores

OneDumbG0
^ They were? Ok... was looking for an analogue with telepathic abilities. Maxwell Lord woulda fit the bill before he restored everyone's memory...

Prep-Man
^ They were? Ok... was looking for an analogue with telepathic abilities. Maxwell Lord woulda fit the bill before he restored everyone's memory...

Do you see CN crapping all over Maxwell? Or do you see it as a good battle?

OneDumbG0
^ Nobody craps all over Maxwell Lord. I still think he's one of the most impressive psionics in comics based on the sheer magnitude of his feats.

But, as other people have pointed out, he's got few feats of actual psionic combat. So I don't know. I just know he doesn't lack for power.

King Kandy
Flash isn't.

So WW isn't.

Apparently, telepath's speed of thought > speedsters.
But not too fast for Thor!

Mindset
^ Nobody craps all over Maxwell Lord. I still think he's one of the most impressive psionics in comics based on the sheer magnitude of his feats.

But, as other people have pointed out, he's got few feats of actual psionic combat. So I don't know. I just know he doesn't lack for power. Maxwell is a bum. Come at me, bro.Originally posted by King Kandy
But not too fast for Thor! Thor is a marvel character.

OneDumbG0
Maxwell is a bum. Come at me, bro. http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Phail03.jpg

Mindset
http://media.mlive.com/grpress/news_impact/photo/spanking-kidsjpg-e8ceb7b4d2b86d0e_large.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.