Spider Man versus Nightcrawler

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Spider Man and Nightcrawler engage in a fight to the death. Spidey has all his abilities and webbing. NC has his porting, obviously, and the blades Alice had in "Resident Evil: Extinction."

Fight takes place at night, in the room where Blade fought Nomak at the beginning of Blade 2.

Who wins?

marwash22
Kurt.

Kurt has the advantage in this setting.

Rogue Jedi
I made this because I was wondering how well Spidey's spider sense would help.

Impediment
As keen as Spidey's sense is, Kurt has an overwhelming edge.

marwash22
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I made this because I was wondering how well Spidey's spider sense would help. not very well.

Spidey sense is a proximity type of deal; it tells him there's danger, but not exactly where the danger is coming from. Nightcrawler porting around trying to stab him will be too fast for spidey sense to make a difference.

Rogue Jedi
Different setting, then?

marwash22
maybe.

the only way spidey has a chance is if the fight takes place in a wide open area like a city. i still dont really see Spidey winning if Kurt is going for the kill like he was at the beginning of X2.

Rogue Jedi
Oh well, worth a shot.

0mega Spawn
i say peter only has a chance in a tight alley no expression

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
i say peter only has a chance in a tight alley no expression Interesting.....Narrow back alley in Sin City, maybe?

dadudemon
You and I argued this match-up, already, RJ. I said the same thing about the spidey-sense: it just gives a warning, but doesn't really tell him where. Sure, it's battle pre-cog, but not very useful like the Force.

If I can guess...I'd say Captain America vs. Spideryman will be a good matchup because it looks like they gave Ol' cap some agility (unlike Wolverine which doesn't show his agility being awesome like we got to see in his first matchup against Hulk, in the comics.)

Rogue Jedi
The battleground could be a factor.

NemeBro
Nightcrawler ports next to Spiderman.

Spiderman then applies about, let's say 20 tons of hamfisted, well, fist, to Nightcrawler's face.

Spiderman not only has a Spider Sense that can let him predict the danger, but he is much, much faster in terms of actual bodily reactions to Kurt, and all it takes is one glancing hit to wreck him.

Although, I should ask, what is special about Alice's blades?

Psychotron
Nightcrawler probably wins.

K-Dog
I think Nightcrawler takes the majority, but Spiderman can take a few. Nightcrawler does have to get close enought to strike, and spiderman could just be flailing around at a high speed swinging at the fences randomly, and if Kurt gets too close and gets hit, he gets 1-shotted just about everytime I would think.

BruceSkywalker
as much as i love spidey, kurt won't have a problem

NemeBro
So I guess everyone is ignoring the massive reaction-time advantage that is amplified by Spider Sense, and the strength to kill Nightcrawler in a punch?

Okay.

Impediment
Spider sense is not precog for teleporting.

Maguire's Spider-Man showed us this in all three films.

Darth Martin
I'd bet on Spider-Man. He is super durable, strong, and has spider sense to aid him.

RE: Blaxican
Peter wins due to spider sense.

NemeBro
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Peter wins due to spider sense. That a boy, I knew you wouldn't let your ol' pappy down.

Rogue Jedi
Pretty sure that if Spidey can choose the battleground, he'll have a chance.

Just can't figure out where he'd choose.

0mega Spawn
he'd choose a tight alley where NC cant port from many directions.
and once his sense goes off all he needs to register is can he see NC. if not tht means hes behind him or above in which hes does a backflip kick & ko's NC yes

Rogue Jedi
Well there ya go then.

K-Dog
If they fight in the dark, Spiderman wins majority due to spider sense and faster movements and stronger hits...I guess....I don't really know but it sounds good and made my pappy proud!

marwash22
Originally posted by K-Dog
If they fight in the dark, Spiderman wins majority due to spider sense and faster movements and stronger hits...I guess....I don't really know but it sounds good and made my pappy proud! lol. Kurt can see in the dark.

Peter gets stabbed in the face. dealwitit.

KingD19
If they fight in the dark, Spiderman wins majority due to spider sense and faster movements and stronger hits...I guess....I don't really know but it sounds good and made my pappy proud!

Yeah, Parker's spider sense was totally keeping him from getting tagged by slow people like Bonesaw Mcgraw and Sandman. And his movements were totally faster than Nightcrawler beating up multiple guys before anyone hit the ground, and constantly dodging bullets.

dadudemon
Originally posted by NemeBro
So I guess everyone is ignoring the massive reaction-time advantage that is amplified by Spider Sense, and the strength to kill Nightcrawler in a punch?

Okay.

Kurt had a similar sort of "battle awareness" reaction time. He took out all of those Secret Service Agents very quickly during the slow-mo scene. That's on par with Peter's best reaction feats if not better because it was more than just once (like watching the fist or dodging the shuriken blades).

DarkNemesis
Methinks Petey gets stabbed in the face

marwash22
Originally posted by DarkNemesis
Methinks Petey gets stabbed in the face this guy knows what's up.

K-Dog
Originally posted by dadudemon
Kurt had a similar sort of "battle awareness" reaction time. He took out all of those Secret Service Agents very quickly during the slow-mo scene. That's on par with Peter's best reaction feats if not better because it was more than just once (like watching the fist or dodging the shuriken blades).

Kurt was definitely good, no doubt.
In regards to my earlier post: I don't recall Kurt being able to see in the dark in any X-men movie, so I don't know if we can assume that he can. If he can, he will continue to win the majority in darkness or light either one. If not Spiderman will win majority in darkness since his spidersense will help him out some.

And we can't except Spiderman to be shown 1-shotting all the weak opponents in every film. That would not make a very interesting film. He easily took out Bonesaw after he actually started trying. With Sandman? I won't comment too much--maybe he was slow, maybe Sandman had some degree of superhuman speed, who knows. He wasn't going to hurt Sandman anyway.

marwash22
not really. once again...

Originally posted by marwash22

Spidey sense is a proximity type of deal; it tells him there's danger, but not exactly where the danger is coming from. Nightcrawler porting around trying to stab him will be too fast for spidey sense to make a difference.

NemeBro
Kurt had a similar sort of "battle awareness" reaction time. He took out all of those Secret Service Agents very quickly during the slow-mo scene. That's on par with Peter's best reaction feats if not better because it was more than just once (like watching the fist or dodging the shuriken blades). I don't give a single shit out your slomo.

Peter was shown, on-screen, dodging bullets.

Beyond that, I have doubts Kurt's swords could really harm Spiderman signifigantly enough to keep Spidey from then pushing his fist through his chest.

marwash22
huh? Spidey's not resistant to being cut... or stabbed in the face for that matter.

KingD19
Originally posted by NemeBro
I don't give a single shit out your slomo.

Peter was shown, on-screen, dodging bullets.

Beyond that, I have doubts Kurt's swords could really harm Spiderman signifigantly enough to keep Spidey from then pushing his fist through his chest.

Nightcrawler was shown on screen dodging bullets, teleporting and just straight up getting out of the way. And he showed enough enhanced strength to toss full grown men, the smallest of who couldn't have weighed less than 150-175lbs clean across a room with his tail, and single punches and kicks sent guys flying. He could cut Spidey up just fine.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Spider Man and Nightcrawler engage in a fight to the death.

So they are bloodlusted. For to kill is completely out of character for both so they will be fighting hard.

Spidey's Spider Sense will be taxed here for he won't be able to gain environmental advantage like if the fight took place in those sewers Spidey fought Sandman.
His only hope is to cocoon himself a close range battlezone fast enough to create an enclosed environment to hit Kurt in. Which is highly unlikely.
His SS slows time but he can't dodge a teleporting man slashing blades.

Psychotron
Nightcrawler wins only wins because of the blades. H2H Spider-man rapes him without lube.

Lord Shadow Z
Couldn't Spider-Man web the blades away from Kurt, thus gaining an advantage? On another point once he has them he could snap them so Kurt can't teleport and get them back. It would be somewhat equal then insofar as Kurt would still have the slight edge through his teleporting but a lucky hit could still be made...

Is NC's teleport based on vision or just a mental reflex thing? If it's the fromer Spidey could web the eyes and move on him, if its the latter its going to be hard to catch him never mind hitting him.

the ninjak
NC's Teleportation was based on thought but sight helped. He was afraid that if he teleported outside of his sight he would end up inside a wall.

The webbing of the eyes is clever but Kurt would not make it easy. Same as webbing the blades. Truth is Spidey would need time to adapt, a bloodlusted Kurt wouldn't allow it.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by the ninjak
NC's Teleportation was based on thought but sight helped. He was afraid that if he teleported outside of his sight he would end up inside a wall.

The webbing of the eyes is clever but Kurt would not make it easy. Same as webbing the blades. Truth is Spidey would need time to adapt, a bloodlusted Kurt wouldn't allow it.

Makes sense, I thought his eyes could be a weakness. The thing is Kurt might not realise where the webbing is going before its too late. Also if he's using the teleporting a lot Spidey is more likely to try to take that advantage away.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Makes sense, I thought his eyes could be a weakness. The thing is Kurt might not realise where the webbing is going before its too late. Also if he's using the teleporting a lot Spidey is more likely to try to take that advantage away.
Web in the eyes would take NC out. Also a Web Blast like the train scene ones or the ones he throws survivors directly into would entrap Kurt.

But such strikes are based on a degree of luck whereas NC TPing underneath/behind Spidey and hitting a vital organ has more potential of success. Though Spidey does slow time and has insane reflexes he still has a degree of trouble with all of the less mobile opponents he's had in the past, he needed time to gauge their abilities to finally overwhelm them.

But we also have to factor in the fact that Spidey not holding back his punches would kill a man....it's a good fight but I'm giving Kurt 6/10.
It's not a stomp fight.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by the ninjak
Web in the eyes would take NC out. Also a Web Blast like the train scene ones or the ones he throws survivors directly into would entrap Kurt.

But such strikes are based on a degree of luck whereas NC TPing underneath/behind Spidey and hitting a vital organ has more potential of success. Though Spidey does slow time and has insane reflexes he still has a degree of trouble with all of the less mobile opponents he's had in the past, he needed time to gauge their abilities to finally overwhelm them.

But we also have to factor in the fact that Spidey not holding back his punches would kill a man....it's a good fight but I'm giving Kurt 6/10.
It's not a stomp fight.

Agree, with so much movement from Kurt a web shot in the eye would have to depend on luck but to use the swords I was thinking Kurt would have to get close and even using the teleport to cover the distance may not be as deadly because Spidey's arms can cover a lot of angles and even a bit of luck with the webs could slow down Kurt enough for Spidey to get him. So, yeah, its a close fight, more of a tactical battle than anything.

K-Dog
Would Kurt be hurt at all if he teleported into some web and occupied the same space? That webbing would be of very little mass so it wouldn't hurt him too bad, but still it would have to hurt some I would think and if Spiderman kept webbing the area around him Kurt would have nowhere close to teleport too. Or course, he could just wait till Spiderman quit webbing I guess....but if the spidersense helped him shoot some general webbing all around and Kurt kept teleporting into webbing maybe it would mess with his brain or internal organs or some poo-poo.
Web to the brain FTW? sad

the ninjak
Kurt kept teleporting into webbing maybe it would mess with his brain or internal organs or some poo-poo.
Web to the brain FTW? sad

An interesting strategy.

If Spidey could coat the area around him Todd McFarlane style, NC wouldn't be able to TP in. Those webs he makes like the ones he threw survivors on and when he and MJ layed on one at the end of SM2. But just sprayed it all around himself in a corner.

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/Spidey.jpg

DARTH POWER
You and I argued this match-up, already, RJ. I said the same thing about the spidey-sense: it just gives a warning, but doesn't really tell him where. Sure, it's battle pre-cog, but not very useful like the Force.

Originally posted by marwash22
not very well.

Originally posted by Impediment
Spider sense is not precog for teleporting.

Maguire's Spider-Man showed us this in all three films.

What are you guys talking about? The Movies made it perfectly clear Spideys' SS shows him exactly where the danger is coming from!

In S1 Flash trues to hit Spidey from behind, misses (when Parker just got his powers no less) Goblin tries to kill him by surprise from behind with his board..

In S2 he jumps forward to cover MJ from the crashing Car..

In all those cases Parker Knew Exactly where the attack was coming from!

maxivitopowe
Bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.